2409 N. Hudson
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cheeverscafe.com/
- Phone: 4055257007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cheevers provides catering for groups or private parties and will coordinate any type of event from weddings, rehearsal dinners, business events or private in-home dinners. www.cheeverscatering.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for dinner parties; one will accommodate up to 15 people & the other (which is the entire bar-area) will accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Henri Bailey 4055257007
A word from Cheever's Cafe
Cheever's Cafe, located just 2 miles from Downtown Oklahoma City, specializes in contemporary comfort food with Southwest influences. Cheever's serves a variety of prime steaks, fresh seafood and wonderful salads, as well as daily and nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cheever's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Cheever's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)fit for foodies (189)neighborhood gem (189)great for brunch (131)great for lunch (121)romantic (116)hot spot (74)notable wine list (52)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (45)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Best chicken fried steak I have ever eaten!!! The desserts, especially the strawberry one, is to die for. Make sure to leave room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchyummyVIPDined on 9/14/2014We loved everything we ordered! The Cowgirl Benedict was especially tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnerRhondaDined on 9/12/20144 of us went to cheevers to celebrate 2 birthdays. Our server, Hunter, was personable, friendly and engaging. Service was great. My only complaint is that the seating seems cramped, and you get to hear other table's conversation.Special Features:
- An OKC TreasurejcsoonerDined on 9/11/2014Had dinner at Cheevers on 9/11/14 for first time. In a word this place is "fabulous" and is at the top of my OKC metro fine dining list. Moderately priced with a very creative menu and nice wine/cocktail list. I had the seafood tamales which were beyond incredible. Situated in an old house just west of the state Capitol, it has long been a favorite among the Capitol crowd for lunch. Great service, not pretentious, great bar and most importantly great southwestern influenced food. It will be on my regular dinner rotation from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rfgdinerfgdineVIPDined on 9/11/2014Nice restaurant, good food, service was the issue. 6:15 reservation on Thursday night and waitress keep disturbing our conversation when we noted to her several times we were not ready to order. Seemed not to get point. Rather short and terse.
- MIGRUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014This is a gem of a restaurant in OKC. It is hard to pick an entrée yet even harder is picking out their unique side dishes. If you like Bleu Cheese, the Potato Chip appetizer is not to be missed. Every dish has a unique taste twist.Special Features:
- CheeversTheCoffeeDined on 9/7/2014Girlfriend's steak was perfect, it takes certain planet alignment to satisfy her with a steak. Molasses chicken was borderline over cooked but still enjoyable. Poor choice in music however, a bit jarring for the setting, probably more a consideration for the young staff than the patrons. I've eaten at Cheevers 3 or 4 times and I'd dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Ambiance and Interesting History. I ordered the Ribeye and the steak was cooked to perfection and my girlfriend ordered the Chicken Fried Steak which I thought was crazy at a nice restaurant. However, the Chicken Fried Steak ended up being the better meal. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I would also recommend making reservations.Special Features:
- service outstanding, chickenfry notrdbusby3Dined on 9/4/2014The service was outstanding atmosphere was out of this world, queso was out of this world, but the chicken fry was about blah, four people in our group ordered it and were greatly disappointed. Have always loved this place and will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken EnchiladasVRLODined on 9/2/2014Fantastic! The garlic cream sauce is amazing, and the bread they bring to the table is so good. I book reservations for client lunches all the time, they never leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must haveW3155Dined on 8/31/2014Chicken fried steak was recommended and did not disappoint. Best I've had. Also, the calamari was one of a kind with a special twist and is also a must have. Great place. Great food. Great service. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarejVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dinner was good as always. One of our favorite places, but very warm there on Sunday eveningSpecial Features:
- SpectacularcindylouDined on 8/30/2014Our food was amazing! The service & atmosphere created a night to remember. Overall best dining experience I've had in OKC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and people watchingrbeatingtonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Visited from out of town based on Open Table reviews and was not disappointed. Unique restaurant in an old floral shop with the former flower coolers now deployed as a wine chiller. Food was very good, Southwestern-accented cuisine. I had some of the best grilled salmon ever which is saying something since it's difficult to find a NEW preparation for salmon, but this dish served with corn bread and white beans was excellent. One word of caution: the portions are HUGE.Special Features:
- RedWineDined on 8/30/2014Always a great choice!! Food, wine, and service just plain good!!!Special Features:
- Great SteaksCHKGEODined on 8/30/2014Had the filet and it was wonderful, it came with green beans and mashpotatoes. Cooked to perfection. Has to be one of the best steakhouses in OKC. Had the roasted pecan icecream ball for desert and it was out of this world delicous big enough for 4 hungry people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Fried Steak Was WonderfulcraigfrmarkDined on 8/30/2014The Chicken Fried Steak was wonderful. Homemade potato chips were excellent and very filling. Nice, large servings with quality to match. Was quiet, romantic and the staff was attentive. Cheever's Cafe will definitely be put on our return list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We booked brunch for 4 last Saturday and enjoyed it very much. The food is excellent, had some favorites on the menu like buscuits and gravy, but also specialty items such as seafood sweet potato tamale-outstanding! The service was attentive and under-stated. We will definitely return and recommend!Special Features:
- Food is always greatYummy1Dined on 8/29/2014Consistently great food! There are always great and exciting specials. Awesome desserts too! Carrot Cake, best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmm mmm good!NikkiDined on 8/27/2014Made a reservation with co-workers based upon a recommendation. Excellent choice. My tilapia was exquisite and the ice cream ball to top it off was amazing. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Great place, great food, great service and affordable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!DinnerwithfriendsDined on 8/25/2014This is my go-to restaurant for special occasions and work related entertaining. Consistently a great restaurant experience!Special Features:
- Birthday Bestcoffeegirl7Dined on 8/24/2014We always go to Cheever's for birthdays. Not only is the food fantastic, but we get to share a huge slice of free carrot cake - it's unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greatdarcy614Dined on 8/24/2014Cheever's is always so good. The staple menu is fantastic and the specials are even better. The only complaint that I ever have is that the tables are so close together. It can feel very cramped if you dine when it is full. However, the food and the staff make it totally worth it. We try to do a girlfriend's brunch there about once a month.Special Features:
- FastDined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to Cheever's for a very long time------always enjoyable,my daughter lives in the Dallas area, and she deems this the best. When my husband was alive, this was his most favorite place. Service is great, well trained staff, my go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBobdesuDined on 8/22/2014A great lunch spot for business. Generally reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMicmatDined on 8/21/2014The food was great as usual, but the table seems extra small this visit. And the noise level was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- workday lunchdiner2Dined on 8/21/2014good service, excellent food, nice ambiance, recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Busy Dinner EveningYumYum1VIPDined on 8/19/2014I dined at Cheevers with someone new to OKC. We had dinner to discuss some business. I booked a table for two for "private conversation". I saw two empty tables that met that requirement when I came and when we left. We had an awkward table between the front and back end of the restaurant. It was uncomfortable and awkward for business and dining. We discussed our business. I paid the bill and we left. Hosts should not assume that the customer/host is always a man. We live in the 21st century. This is the first time that I have been unhappy with Cheevers. This restaurant can certainly do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchAFR2014Dined on 8/18/2014This was the first time to use Open Table. All of my requests were fulfilled. What an easy process and the Cheever's staff followed up to confirm reservation. Lunch was yummy. Was concerned that the gentlemen dining with me were meat and potato guys, that they might not find the just right item but that was certainly not the case. Wait staff were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken fried SIRLION?SirLoinDined on 8/17/2014My chicken fried beef was tough as shoe leather, I was supplied with a steak knife but I still had trouble cutting it and chewing the meat was a chore!!! Everyone else's meals were good and the seasoning of my meal was good, but the chicken fry was terrible!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love CheeversOKCResturantDined on 8/16/2014Frequent Diner. Love their new cocktails and of course, chicken fried steak.Special Features:
- fan2beDined on 8/16/2014This was our 2nd time around, and there will be many more to come. The food was good and the service is great. The dinner rolls are out of this world. They have such a unique flavor. There was so much food i couldnt eat it all. Not complaining though.Special Features:
- Amazing food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Love this hole in the wall. We went for brunch and not only is the service impeccable but the food and atmosphere is equally as great. Go for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Drinks were served correctly and quickly, overall food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Perfect in Every WayKarenVIPDined on 8/14/2014Cheevers is one of our favorite OKC restaurants. The food, staff and atmosphere are always fabulous.Special Features:
- Amazing saladMichelle56VIPDined on 8/14/2014I highly recommend the kale and Brussels sprouts salad. It sounds too healthful to be good, but I assure you it's not!Special Features:
- Amazing experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We stepped out of our ordering comfort z,one and had cups, avocado and Brussels sprouts salads and of course ice cream ball for an extra treat. All that and an attentive personable server - couldn't ask for more!!!Special Features:
- Loved itckreyDined on 8/9/2014Cheevers never disappoints. Ambiance, food, wine selection, service. Yes, yes, yes, and yes.Special Features:
- Great food and great atmosphereluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014Alway great service. There is a great feel in the restaurant. It feels chic and classic at the same time and the special, the tenderloin burrito was delicious. The ice cream ball is alway such a decadent treat!Special Features: