2409 N. Hudson
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cheeverscafe.com/
- Phone: (405) 525-7007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cheevers provides catering for groups or private parties and will coordinate any type of event from weddings, rehearsal dinners, business events or private in-home dinners. www.cheeverscatering.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for dinner parties; one will accommodate up to 15 people & the other (which is the entire bar-area) will accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Henri Bailey 4055257007
A word from Cheever's Cafe
Cheever's Cafe, located just 2 miles from Downtown Oklahoma City, specializes in contemporary comfort food with Southwest influences. Cheever's serves a variety of prime steaks, fresh seafood and wonderful salads, as well as daily and nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cheever's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Cheever's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (174)fit for foodies (171)special occasion (161)romantic (98)great for lunch (93)great for brunch (86)hot spot (72)notable wine list (49)good for groups (47)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2014We recently took out of town visitors to cheevers for a special meal. The atmosphere was good as always, but several meals were disappointing, especially for the cost. The salmon entree and trout speciall were both over cooked. The pepper strip steak had too much pepper. We also thought prices were high. I expect Steak entrees to normally be above $30, but the seafood dishes were also above $30.Special Features:
- First time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014After being encouraged by many others to have a date night here, we made the drive from Northeast Edmond. It was hopping for a Monday night and we were extremely impressed with the intimate and casual atmosphere. My husband ordered a med rare filet...he wished the outside wasn't as charred as it was. I ordered the ribs...an amazingly tender piece of beef served with the most delicious brussel sprouts and au gratin potatoes. We shared a huge piece of rich chocolate cake for dessert (bringing most home to enjoy the rest of the week). Definitely recommend!! You definitely want to be sure and make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationNezzieDined on 11/23/2014We had a great evening celebrating our daughters birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cheever's!!!ChicVIPDined on 11/23/2014Cheever's has consistently great food and service. Love Ariana and the bartender Ben.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening22dine14Dined on 11/21/2014It was our first time to eat at Cheever's Cafe. We had a table for 4. Great food and a relaxing evening with friends. We all had something different to eat and drink and it was all very amazing!!! We will definitely eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST for OKC dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/20/2014Great food and service. Loud but fun ambience. Save room for desserts - they are huge! We had the carrot cake and ice cream ball - so good! Great for groups but reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!RGableDined on 11/20/2014Terrific food and great service. Always a pleasure to dine here. You should make a reservation though. It tends to be very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious and funfoodie32Dined on 11/18/2014Cheevers never disappoints. I highly recommend the Chicken Pepper Jack Strudel for an appetizer....it is to die for! I always get dessert to go because I am too full from the meal. Carrot cake is hands down Ah...mazing!! I don't eat carrot cake normally but theirs is one that I crave often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensationalLovebirdsDined on 11/16/2014We enjoyed every piece of our experience at Cheevers! The molasses chicken was perfect for a chilly winter night. Loved the chopped salad too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gunther8Dined on 11/16/2014Always great food at Cheever's. Have loved it since it opened. The food is comfort food, but with a twist which makes for a nice surprise. Love the ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkieDined on 11/15/2014We had great service and overall a wonderful dining experience. However I ordered my filet medium rare, not that unusual, it was served closer to medium well. Having your food re-cooked seems to always detract from the flow of a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't need my good reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Everyone already knows how great Cheever's is, so they don't exactly need my good review. But they literally went out of their way to make sure my anniversary dinner their was great, so I'm going to go out of my way to make sure everyone knows just how good they are. Their Rib eye is the best steak I've ever had. Point in fact. Their mashed potatoes are also some of the best I've had. But the Cherry on top is their dessert. I can't remember what it was called, but it was basically a giant ice cream called covered in pecans and hot chocolate. Literally the best thing I've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and food!BobbyDined on 11/10/2014This is always a good bet and know what to expect when you go there. Love the Pecan Ice Cream Ball dessert as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatTryItAllVIPDined on 11/8/2014I've been eating here for 14 years and have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Another memorable dinner at Cheevers! This place never disappoints and is always cutting edge. Their take on comfort food is literally the best I have ever experienced. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014I love Cheever's! It is one of my favorite dining spots in OKC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Very nice. Great for those special nights. We had our children with us, and they where very kid friendly. Great service, excellent chicken fry, it was enough for twoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeLovedrDined on 11/7/2014One of my favs for lunch. My dinner was undercooked and cold. I sent it back. The next plate "smelled" funky. Even my wife and manager agreed. My wife's food was really good, shrimp and grits. Could have been warmer but a major improvement over my steak. They removed the price of my dinner without me having to ask, which was nice. Every time I go for lunch, it's perfect. Hoping this was a one time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMasterlinquistDined on 11/7/2014I have yet to have a bad dining experience at Cheever's Café. The food is always excellent as is the staff.Special Features:
- Chicken FrySooners8thDined on 11/7/2014Unbelievably awesome. The chili oil is the kicker. Maybe one of these days I will try something else on the menu but for now, I can't get enough of that chicken fry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The food was good, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Thank you, CheeversJanetDined on 11/3/2014Our last minute dinner plans went very well. we had an attentive waiter, the wine was fantastic, and our food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still DisappointedBBlack80Dined on 11/3/2014This was my last shot at Cheever's after being a customer for 15+ years. It is NOT what it once was, the food is mediocre at best, and service is no longer a priority. I kept wanting to still give it a try, cause I know what it is capable of being! However, I will not be going back until there are major changes in management and food quality.
- amazing!SolraelDined on 11/1/2014I really enjoyed how they took care of the bday girl with us. Food was amazing ( I had the chicken fuselli) and I recommend the Capulet cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for every meal, any groupPaulisinokcDined on 10/29/2014This particular night was a group of 8 celebratng a special occasion. Had our own room and an excellent server. Food was good as always. This is conistently the best place to go in Oklahoma City. Only complaints are it's pretty tight in the main dining room. Spilled wine can happen.Special Features:
- Love this placebooskiDined on 10/29/2014I've enjoyed going to Cheever's for over 8 years, the food and atmosphere are outstanding, I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of our favoritesLove2dineDined on 10/28/2014This is one of the city's better restaurants. The services is very good and the food is excellent. It can get a little noisy but worth it.Special Features:
- Overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Atmosphere and service was very good. The only problem was that the food for all three of us was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beRufusDined on 10/27/2014This used to be my favorite place. This time, everything was just average - food, service, etc. Very noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OkcsteveDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I went to Cheever's for our anniversary on a Sunday night. Excellent service and food! Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable but not pretentious. We had the chips and value cheese appetizer (amazing) and I had the chicken fried steak, which is their most popular dish (amazing). The cf steak had jalapeños in the gravy which might sound weird to some of you but I thought it added just the right amount of heat and wasn't overpowering. What can I say we will definitely be back and I would recommend to anyone for a nice meal.Special Features:
- boydDined on 10/26/2014Always an enjoyable experience with excellent food. My compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Host staff must be more attention to detail with diners and keep who needs to be seated in order by not forgetting them while your waiting for a table in the bar. Once waiters know you've been there for awhile service begins Mummm?? Food most excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnercdubslugDined on 10/25/2014Amazing food, poor service and unfortunately a disappointment for our anniversary dinner. Love the "Good Egg" dining group and will definitely be back but if the service continues like this night, Cheever's will unfortunately get removed from our favorite spots. I think it was a bad night and not the norm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDSmithDined on 10/25/2014Dinner Friday evening was the Salmon Special and Lime Shrimp Linguini. The salmon was excellent, the shrimp a bit salty. Our server was excellent and while I was fine with the dish, she replaced it. She was very consientious about what she was serving and doing her best to please us. She said they had rushed through it to get it back out and sadly it was obvious. The new dish was watered down, flavorless and the shrimp tasted like they had been rinsed in water.The dish was comped but we asked it be put back on as we had eaten all of the shrimp. We didn't want our service to lose anything for a dish being comped. We've been to Cheever's many times and always enjoy it. We will go again because it is among our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- SarejVIPDined on 10/25/2014Cheevers is always good food and service. We eat there regularly.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!BigRonDined on 10/25/2014Have dined at Cheever's many times, and the food and atmosphere are always great! Recommend it to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicekimmie49Dined on 10/24/2014The food tasted better when we were here a year or so ago. The strudel was not the same and was tough, not as creamy and i didn't see the pastry that should have been between the layers. The short ribs were as wonderful as they were last time, and the chocolate cake is pretty awesome.Special Features:
- Great place as alwaysTmo7Dined on 10/24/2014Hunter our server was great, the drinks were stiff and the food was as usual great. The only downside I have about the place is the host never seem to be happy when you show up. They are not grumpy but not pleasant either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelvaramaDined on 10/24/2014Cheever's is my favorite restaurant ever. Recently moved to OKC from DFW, TX area & it is a 'must go to' for about ten of my Texas foodie friends who come up. The menu is awesome--it's hard to decide which entree since almost all are interesting & enticing. Cheever's is outstanding in that it's so open to substitutions--they're primary concern is that you get what you want--& the servers are always gracious to do individual checks as if it's no big deal. NO ONE was disappointed with any part of our dinner at Cheever's. We'll go many more times, with or without friends & family. (Last week, my chiropractor thanked me for recommending Cheever's when his family was in OKC a few months ago, they loved it as well)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Had a wonderful time and had a wonderful experience. We ordered a special and something off the main menu. A steak and halibut...both were cooked perfect. Our waiter was nice & gave us a free dessert for our special occasion. The wine, soup, and appetizer were all exquisite. Highly recommended this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.