2409 N. Hudson
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cheeverscafe.com/
- Phone: 4055257007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cheevers provides catering for groups or private parties and will coordinate any type of event from weddings, rehearsal dinners, business events or private in-home dinners. www.cheeverscatering.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for dinner parties; one will accommodate up to 15 people & the other (which is the entire bar-area) will accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Henri Bailey 4055257007
A word from Cheever's Cafe
Cheever's Cafe, located just 2 miles from Downtown Oklahoma City, specializes in contemporary comfort food with Southwest influences. Cheever's serves a variety of prime steaks, fresh seafood and wonderful salads, as well as daily and nightly specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Cheever's Cafe - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Cheever's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (182)fit for foodies (181)special occasion (175)great for lunch (112)great for brunch (106)romantic (99)hot spot (71)notable wine list (46)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (42)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Anniversary dinner done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Had a wonderful time and had a wonderful experience. We ordered a special and something off the main menu. A steak and halibut...both were cooked perfect. Our waiter was nice & gave us a free dessert for our special occasion. The wine, soup, and appetizer were all exquisite. Highly recommended this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sloppy Plate PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was cozy and the service was exceptional. The food was tasty and flavorful and the portion huge, however, the presentation was awful. The steak was stacked on top of the mashed potatoes and the gravy was poured on top of everything. Not only did it look unappetizing, it was hard to cut the steak without mashing it into a gloopy paste with the mashed potatoes and gravy. There was too much food for one meal, and I would have liked to take half home for later, but the way it was stacked and smeared all together, it was impossible to salvage anything but a soggy mess. The rolls were excellent and hot out of the oven. I will return, but will request that my food not be stacked. I'm totally in love with the Art Deco Building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...Niki1014Dined on 10/14/2014My Husband and I have gone to Cheever's for 2 of our anniversaries. The 1st time was several years ago and it was wonderful! The food was great! So great that I wanted to go back to get the Molasses Chicken again! The 2nd time was okay. I was bummed that the risotto was switched to grits, but that was not a deal breaker. This time however, the chicken was smaller and the collard greens were too spicy. I didn't finish the meal. Plus, I mentioned on the reservation that we were celebrating 8 years and our waitress never once congratulated us, nor did she ask if we enjoyed our meal...customer service was not what I hoped for. I have always enjoyed going to Cheever's, but I am confident that was probably our last time.
- Quality of food isn't as goodSusanVIPDined on 10/13/2014We ordered the quail stack which was salty and the smoked chicken fusilli which tasted too much of bacon. Although, we didn't complain about any of the food, our server noticed that we ate almost none of the fusilli so she took it off the bill. The carrot cake was delicious but we probably won't go back to this restaurant. This was a huge disappointment. I went twice last year with a friend and it was delicious. Too bad the quality of the food isn't as good now.
- True 5 Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The drinks were extra tasty. The food was fit for the pickiest foodies. The ambiance was good for our group of 10 and would be extra special for a romantic date. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Always BusyBiscuitsNgravyDined on 10/11/2014Cheever's has a crowd every time I've been there. Respectable wine list - especially good selection by-the-glass. Chef is first class and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in OKCMichyDined on 10/11/2014Had the brunch with mom and sis- al 3 dishes were delicious! My shrimp risotto with masa casks was amazing as was the quinoa avocado salad. I'm originally from Oklahoma and was visiting back from Texas- will try to go here every time I'm back now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like2DineDined on 10/10/2014I keep giving Cheever's the benefit of the doubt, but each time I have been here, the servers are not even close to 'friendly.' The whole experience is somewhat ruined by their negative attitudes, which will keep me from coming back for a long while I predict.
- Early supperKLynnDined on 10/9/2014We hit Cheever's on an impulse last week (thanks, Open Table, for the quick res) for an early supper before evening obligations. As usual, it was such a nice experience - the food was superb and our wait staff was friendly and helpful, and she hustled to get us out of there on time for our meetings. Every time I visit Cheever's, I am so thankful that this Uptown gem is thriving and continues to do the food and drink thing so well. I love this place!Special Features:
- What Took Me So Long?OKCyankeefanDined on 10/8/2014My first visit to Cheevers was outstanding. Everything you could want in an intimate, neighborhood type setting. The Seafood Tamales were crazy awesome and the Chicken Fried Steak was down-home comfort food at it's best. Service was excellent on a crowded weekday night, and my out of town visitors were extremely impressed. Can't recommend Cheever's Cafe highly enough!Special Features:
- Great food...great service!!!ChampDined on 10/6/2014We highly recommend Cheever's Cafe. The chicken fried steak is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrixieDined on 10/6/2014Couldn't have had a better evening. Food was delicious, server was charming and professional.Special Features:
- Great end to great dayDeMoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great little place for a nice night out. The food never disappoints and the atmosphere of a former flower shop is very pleasant. Our waiter was a little too busy for our liking but overall, we had our usual really fine dinner. And be sure to save room for the awesome ice cream pecan ball!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken fried steak!chickenfriedsteakloverDined on 10/4/2014I brought two friends from the NE US to Cheevers for their first chicken fried steak. Everyone really enjoyed the food, which was superbly prepared. The service was attentive but not overwhelming, and even had a recommendation for a wine appropriate to chicken fried steak. Where else can you find that level of attention to detail? The only thing that would make this experience better was if there was nutrition data for the menu. But that is rare anywhere in Oklahoma City. Also very bon appetitin' were the rolls and herbed butter, the brussel sprouts, the gravy, the everything about this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food can't get any better!!!jessesgirlDined on 10/1/2014Perfect atmosphere, amazing staff, food is to die for!!! I ordered shrimp and grits for the first time. It was the best food I'd ever eaten! I told my hubby that I had just tasted the absolute best dish on the planet! He ordered the chicken fried steak which is outstanding! One of us orders it every time. So delish! The spiced pecan covered ice cream ball is so incredibly sinful! Delicious ending to our lovely meal! Thank you for wonderful experiences time and time again! Our favorite OKC restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service. great.getthechickenfriedsteakDined on 10/1/2014We had a wonderful time. promptly seated with drink in hand, we barely had time to discuss how great the steak would be, and it was there. Chicken fried with creamy jalapeño gravy and potatoes mashed. It smelled amazing, tasted phenomenal, and left you feeling completely satisfied in every culinary way. The wait staff is tip top as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Hopping for a Tuesday night! Glad we had a reservation. It was too loud, however, to have any significant conversation in our group which is unfortunate. Staff was friendly and capable, the meals were served beautifully, and the location was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Cheever's!TexasLady59Dined on 9/29/2014I am in OKC for my first visit. Cheever's was recommended by one of my co-workers. I made a last minute reservation and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived a few minutes late (thanks to traffic) that they honored my reservation. I could have had a table but I chose to sit at the bar. My bartender Ben made an excellent suggestion for drinks and dinner. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Evening!GizmoDined on 9/28/2014A renovated floral shop has been renovated into a wonderful and delicious local restaurant. The ambience, service and delicious Southwest menu makes for a great combination for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-salted and over-cookedRainDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit and it was for my husband's birthday. He had had a recent nice lunch there so we decided to try the dinner menu. We both ordered fish -- he ordered the halibut and I ordered the mahi mahi special. These entrees, priced at $32 apiece, should have been very very good. They were not. The fish was overcooked, dry, and chewy. Worse, the accompanying risotto was way over-salted. The service was quite good however and we have no complaints there. However, we have no intention of returning -- the food was simply poorly prepared and poorly cooked. A disappointment.
- Busy Saturday Nightjmlam12Dined on 9/27/2014Another great visit to Cheevers for a special occasion. Celebrated yet another birthday at Cheevers and was not disappointed. Tortilla crusted Halibut was SUPERB while my dates flank steak special was overcooked and so-so. You can't bat 100 every time and certainly did not change my opinion of Cheevers. Food was given slightly less TLC than normal and wait service was spotty but hey that's just a busy Saturday night in the restaurant industry. Might try to eat earlier or later next time and not during the rush, 7:30pm.Special Features:
- Highlight of our trop!funfoodieDined on 9/27/2014We were in town for business and had the pleasure of dining at Cheever's Cafe. The atmosphere is great and the food was amazing! I had the pulled pork stack and it was delicious! It was a great place for brunch!Special Features:
- FastDined on 9/27/2014I have enjoyed Cheevers for a long time, actually one of my most favorite places in the city. This visit I had my granddaughters and their friend from the Dallas area, as well as my daughter from the same area, my sister from Tulsa. They thought everything was fantastic! I love everything about this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful surprise dinner planned for my husband's birthday. Arranged to surprise him with a group of friends and colluded with the wait staff to make sure that only I received the table's bill. For our group of six it was $289 which I thought was a fantastic bargain. I had planned on $70 per person and with Cheever's quality I was fine with that. The wait staff and our waitress was wonderful. Cheever's is our special place and they never disappoint. We even spent some time down in the basement during a tornado event! The food was as fabulous as always and they took very good care of us. The other people in the group we gushing platitudes on the event and I have nothings but raves for Cheever's. If you've not been.....go!Special Features:
- Disappointing foodOKCdinerDined on 9/26/2014Ambience is fabulous here. This place is so lovely and romantic. That said, the food was really disappointing. The grits were clumpy, dry and tasteless. The pricey dessert we ordered was sitting in a pool of cheap Hershey's choco syrup. Ugh! I'm happy to pay upwards of $10 for a dessert if ingredients are quality but not for store-bought choco syrup. The pasta dish was not good. Bummer....as cute as this place is, we were really hoping the food would measure up.
- SuperbMissMiagiDined on 9/26/2014I took my mother there she had never been and I had only been for lunch and brunch. Large amounts of food we took a big doggie bag home! The potatoe chips with bleu cheese were a hit for an appetizer! Have not had anything on their menu that I haven't loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheever's is a great little jointJosieDined on 9/21/2014When we walked into cheevers we were immediately greeted by friendly staff and seated at a cute table by a large window with a view of the garden. The service was great with all of the staff members being attentive to us. The food and drinks we ordered were delicious and delivered quickly despite the place being packed. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night.GKTaylorDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful date night at Cheevers. Food was excellent along with the wait staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouthernFoodieDined on 9/14/2014Best chicken fried steak I have ever eaten!!! The desserts, especially the strawberry one, is to die for. Make sure to leave room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchyummyVIPDined on 9/14/2014We loved everything we ordered! The Cowgirl Benedict was especially tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnerRhondaDined on 9/12/20144 of us went to cheevers to celebrate 2 birthdays. Our server, Hunter, was personable, friendly and engaging. Service was great. My only complaint is that the seating seems cramped, and you get to hear other table's conversation.Special Features:
- An OKC TreasurejcsoonerDined on 9/11/2014Had dinner at Cheevers on 9/11/14 for first time. In a word this place is "fabulous" and is at the top of my OKC metro fine dining list. Moderately priced with a very creative menu and nice wine/cocktail list. I had the seafood tamales which were beyond incredible. Situated in an old house just west of the state Capitol, it has long been a favorite among the Capitol crowd for lunch. Great service, not pretentious, great bar and most importantly great southwestern influenced food. It will be on my regular dinner rotation from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rfgdinerfgdineVIPDined on 9/11/2014Nice restaurant, good food, service was the issue. 6:15 reservation on Thursday night and waitress keep disturbing our conversation when we noted to her several times we were not ready to order. Seemed not to get point. Rather short and terse.
- MIGRUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014This is a gem of a restaurant in OKC. It is hard to pick an entrée yet even harder is picking out their unique side dishes. If you like Bleu Cheese, the Potato Chip appetizer is not to be missed. Every dish has a unique taste twist.Special Features:
- CheeversTheCoffeeDined on 9/7/2014Girlfriend's steak was perfect, it takes certain planet alignment to satisfy her with a steak. Molasses chicken was borderline over cooked but still enjoyable. Poor choice in music however, a bit jarring for the setting, probably more a consideration for the young staff than the patrons. I've eaten at Cheevers 3 or 4 times and I'd dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Ambiance and Interesting History. I ordered the Ribeye and the steak was cooked to perfection and my girlfriend ordered the Chicken Fried Steak which I thought was crazy at a nice restaurant. However, the Chicken Fried Steak ended up being the better meal. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I would also recommend making reservations.Special Features:
- service outstanding, chickenfry notrdbusby3Dined on 9/4/2014The service was outstanding atmosphere was out of this world, queso was out of this world, but the chicken fry was about blah, four people in our group ordered it and were greatly disappointed. Have always loved this place and will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken EnchiladasVRLODined on 9/2/2014Fantastic! The garlic cream sauce is amazing, and the bread they bring to the table is so good. I book reservations for client lunches all the time, they never leave disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must haveW3155Dined on 8/31/2014Chicken fried steak was recommended and did not disappoint. Best I've had. Also, the calamari was one of a kind with a special twist and is also a must have. Great place. Great food. Great service. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarejVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dinner was good as always. One of our favorite places, but very warm there on Sunday eveningSpecial Features: