Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe
14694 Orchard Parkway
Westminster, CO 80023Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecheekymonk.com/
- Phone: 3034500789
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sat 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sun - Thur 2:00pm - 11:00pm
Fri - Sat 2:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Trivia Saturday Nights with Geeks Who Drink.
A word from Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe
The Cheeky Monk will change the way you think about beer. With over 75 beers to choose from, many which are hard to find anywhere else in Colorado and date back as far as the 11th century, you'll enjoy a taste of Belgium in Westminster. The vast variety of beers boast hints of fruit, berries, chocolate - some have strong characteristics, some are tart, sour, earthy and bitter. Something for everyone even those that don't normally prefer beer. The food menu, with specialties including Mussels, Frites Aioli, Bangers and Mash, and Belgian Waffles, has been designed to accompany the beers and enhance your overall experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- great place to eatRosielovesfoodDined on 10/11/2014I came here with my boyfriend and I just have to say the food was delicious. Our waiter was very good as well. He was not attentive but not to in your face. The restaurant manager also came over and was very friendly. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchLey0001Dined on 10/10/2014My sister lived in Belgium for several years and wanted to try this place out. Great lunch specials. Drafts were 1/2 off during lunch M-F. We both had the salad and french onion soup. Salad was good, blue cheese was great. The french onion soup was good, but the broth could've been a little more flavorful. We also had the Belgian waffle dessert. Very tasty, but needed the coarse sugar you find on true belgian waffles. Nice place to goSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This was our first visit and Cheeky Monk did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things to considerKbobDined on 9/12/2014This review will be interesting because I have nothing explicitly negative to say. Food:great. Beer(while didn't indulge):great. Service:crisp and efficient. BUT...the whole dinner, seating to check, took maybe 25 minutes at the most. I drive 45 min to have dinner with my mom and grandma once a month to catch up but this service was cold, to the point and scripted, and quick. It was entirely too fast and no relationship built with the server or the restaurant. I meant to enjoy a languorous, cozy meal with my family but couldn't due to the apparent haste and near-frigidity of our server and hostess. I may return but will hope for warmer service and a comfortable meal. Read the people and mood of the tables! Don't follow the same damn script!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a poor choice!FreedahDined on 8/29/2014We had never been to The Cheeky Monk before so I planned a small surprise for my husband for his birthday. The service was terrible and the food wasn't any better. I have no plans to go back there. Open Table was no problem for me, though. I was able to make my reservation easily.
- Nice Place for Something DifferentAnitaDined on 8/22/2014The staff was quick and efficient as well as friendly. The menu offers many favorites which are well prepared and has a good number of unique dishes which are quite tasty! The restaurant is clean and the ambiance is appealing.Special Features:
- Unique menuHoopsDined on 8/16/2014I found the menu had some unique items that you don't find at pubs. The wait staff were attentive and the list of beers was extensive. I would recommend it for anyone that is in the mood for a special beer and foods that enhance it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but it's usually better...bebedubsDined on 8/9/2014we've been several times & usually i would rate at least 4 stars, but this was just ok. most of the dishes were great, but a couple were just so, so. and the server wasn't super friendly or attentive even though it was early for dinner & not busy. we'll still go back since we usually have a better experience. 2 thumbs up for the burgers & bangers/mash:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheeky MOnk ReviewProstDined on 8/1/2014The open table website was not available to review as a new member the night that I used it for reservations for the first time. I called Cheeky Monk to make reservations on the phone and was told they only accepted reservations through Open Table on line. When I registered for the first time on Open Table as a "new member" the Open Table website wasn't working to be able to view the agreement and details of Open Table. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that the restaurant's WIFI had been down by the hostess and they were sorry but they didn't know we had placed the open table reservations for an outside table with band and had just seated another guest ahead of us, yet they refused to accept reservations over the phone.Special Features:
- Cheeky MonkshelVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great Belgian beers, we had a party of 6 and for some reason the 1st server just quit helping us. The asst manager and a hostess more than picked up the slack. The fish & chips are worth the drive from anywhere in the metro area.Special Features:
- Not What I ExpectedGoofyBlondeVIPDined on 7/27/2014My beer (Kasteel Rouge) was awesome, but that's where it ended... Friends I went with said the pasta they ordered had no flavor (Monk & Cheese), and the sandwiches were dry (both meat and bread). I order moules frites (tasty) and was told that the frites did not come with it and would have to be added on... I looked back at the menu later and it said the moules came with frites and bread (didn't get bread at all and was charged $2 for frites). Service was terrible for lunchtime on a Sunday. Water glasses were empty most of the time, friends ordered soda and never got it, wait time for meals was almost 45 minutes and there were only 2 other tables in the restaurant... Will not return to this location, will try downtown Denver next time.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe reviews archive.
- Great for Beer but ask your serverTwoMetreBillDined on 6/15/2014Their finest beers are in short supply and are not on the menu. If you are truly serious about beers then ask your server. Last sunday they had a hidden stash of La Trappe Qual Oak Aged, a gem at $20. Served at precisely the right temperature, I doubt whether there is a better beer in the world. The servers will learn your taste and be able to advise you as well.Special Features:
- Good food Awesome BeeramazballsDined on 6/13/2014I have been to this restaurants numerous times and it never fails. From sitting at the bar getting a few beers to having a sit down dinner. Their food is always amazing and the atmosphere is relaxing. But nothing can beat their beer selection! If you're a beer person and are willing to try new and different ones this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleramryeDined on 6/6/2014Warm beer and terrible service. Go to Rock Bottom instead.
- Horrid Dining ExperienceHatetoWaitKateDined on 6/6/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, this was a terrible experience. Everything was SLOW! For example, it took 15 mins to get coffee and water, and when the server learned we were ready to order, it was another 10 mins before he came back to the table. After ordering, we waited about 40 mins without being checked on when I asked to see the manager. He did a good job of getting our food to the table within 5 mins of talking to him, BUT half of the mussels that I ordered didn't open during cooking, and they forgot to bring my fries to the table. They did cut our bill in half for the poor experience, but it was too little, too late. The food was awful and the service dismal. Skip it, and enjoy the wine bar across the street.
- Great food, great locationOctoberAmyDined on 4/22/2014I took my out of town friends here and they loved it. We had eaten at many restaurants during their visit, and while skiing, and they especially liked the Cheeky monk. My husband and I eat there oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing / Beware!!!!noservice55Dined on 4/16/2014Had a terrible experience here. All their beer prices rang up different than on the menu they gave us. Plus we were mischarged on the happy hour apps as well. Terrible service from our waiter and quite frankly it didn't seem like they valued their customers when dealing with this problem. We never did get the billing issues completely resolved and end the end just paid the bill after it was only half fixed vs wasting a ton more time to figure it out. (They took almost 25 mins. to only fix some of there billings issues, way to long!!!) The sad thing was it was a really slow night and only a couple other tables had anyone there. Very sad cause the food was good, but would not recommend this establishment to anyone else.
- OkNoneDined on 3/28/2014Was really good when first opened, slacking since thenI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beer selectionsRussDined on 3/7/2014The beer is the star here at Cheeky Monk, but don't forget the great mussels and fries (Moules et Frites). I've never had a bad dish here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and foodJoyceSDined on 2/28/2014Great location, great beer list and great food. Love the large fireplace and just really enjoy the Westminister location in how they have it laid out, etc.Special Features:
- Fair to Averageluv2bakeDined on 2/28/2014Most tasteless, bland mac and cheese I've ever had - completely devoid of any flavor whatsoever. Side salad was limp and equally unimpressive. Parmesan and garlic fries as appetizer were good... until we got to the bottom of the paper cone they came in and saw the pool of grease.... pretty much killed our enthusiasm. Had hoped dinner would make up for that, but hugely disappointed. Will not return nor recommend. Maybe people go here for the beer....
- Great Beer BarKhill0039Dined on 2/14/2014I like the different choices of specialty beer they offer. The food is a nice change from the ordinary. Great place to meet after work for drinks and conversation.Special Features:
- Great food and craf beer selectionlove2dineoutDined on 1/25/2014Fried Pickle appetizer was Delicious! The craft beer selection was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was fair; long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2014service was fair; long wait for food; wrong food came but didn't want to wait for another 30 minutes so settled with what was n the table; food turned out to be quit tasty; drinks perfect; price reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time and still loving the placeAnne123VIPDined on 1/5/2014We've been here several times on diferent times of the day/week. We went for a quick appetizer/happy hour (their beer menu is awesome!!! price and variety). We had some frites (french fries) which were delicious... server was very prompt and helpful (although her knowledge of beer was a bit limited) Will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner NYENYE2013Dined on 12/31/2013Staff was friendly, good suburban restaurant. Food was tasty and drink/beer selection was decent.Special Features:
- Nice spot in WestminsterEricVIPDined on 12/9/2013The restaurant is very similar to the Colfax location. Great beer selection and reasonable food. It was a nice alternative to a chain restaurant to catch up with friends.
- Great beer menuAliGDined on 12/8/2013This place has a long and interesting menu of Belgium, as well as domestic, beers. They also have several "samplers" which allow you to try several beers along side each other. The wait staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the offerings. While we went there for the beer, the food was very good too. And quite authentically Belgian. The mussels were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got our hopes upakmsmDined on 12/6/2013Great beer selection, however, the menu listed beers that were not yet on tap, which was very disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013Everything was great, everyone in our party enjoyed the food / beer, we had a great time. Will diff. be back. Have all ready recommended it to employees and physicians at work.Special Features:
- This used to be one of ourMikeyDined on 11/29/2013This used to be one of our favorite destinations but they recently redid the menu and not to our liking. Beer selection has deteriorated and the quality of the food is nowhere close to when the restaurant first opened.Special Features:
- overpriced and not very niceKatheyVIPDined on 11/22/2013I have been here about four times and each time I an reminded how much I really dislike this place. The food is ok. The Beer is expensive. The service is not great. Finally, it is cold and uninviting. I will not go back.
- Best Belgium beer menu in townStrick9Dined on 11/7/2013Extensive Belgium beer menu. Great food, The Cheeky Monk is my go to Pub for great food, beer and ambiance.Special Features:
- Better in some worse than otherdfiremannDined on 11/5/2013The food quality isnt near as good as the downtown location, but the venue is top notch. I dont concern myself with the food too much, as the ale list is the draw, but the cassoulet downtown was amazing. We ordered it again and the meat was very dry. Wait staff was VERY slow to respond, but had a great attitude. I'm thinking they were short staffed. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Service was superjruchDined on 11/1/2013Our waitress, Becka was awesome! Sweet, friendly, caring and great service. Food is average plus. Great place to catch up with friends.Special Features:
- Loved the beer selection andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2013Loved the beer selection and special glassware was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was surly when weDrewKramerCOVIPDined on 7/24/2013Waitress was surly when we arrived, even though the place was empty and mellow. She warmed up a bit over the course of our stay but wasn't especially friendly - although she made good menu recommendations. Food and beer were good but portions of both were small given the prices.
- Good timestriviageekDined on 7/13/2013Always a great atmosphere at the Monk. Food was awesome and waiter was funny and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer Selection, Good FoodsvvitaleDined on 7/12/2013The Cheeky Monk is a place I go for its beer selection. The number of variety of Belgian brews on tap is truly impressive. Their food is good as well, but more kin to bar food than fine dining. I will say that I had the Abbot burger on this last visit and it was outstanding. My wife was taking bites from my plate all night instead of eating her steak (which was a little tough).I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a Belgian Beer CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2013This is a Belgian Beer Cafe so why have you limited your recommendations to only wine?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.