Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort
525 Boynton Canyon Rd
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://enchantmentresort.com/dining/che-ah-chi-restaurant/
- Phone: 9282046000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Schmidt
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Cook 928-204-6000x
A word from Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort offers Modern American Cuisine. Executive Chef David Schmidt is committed to using the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients produced locally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Stunning!cathiDined on 10/17/2014My sister and I were on a road trip, a friend recommended this restaurant. The drive to the resort made us wonder what we were getting into, we expected something higher up, but we wereally blown away when we saw this place. There is no better food in Sedona, we hit all of the best the three days we were there. You will not be disappointed. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies Yes, Oenophiles maybe notDrozDined on 10/16/2014Great views, good vibe, good food, but wine service lacked. We got Pinot glasses for our $125 Chardonnay and neither the waiter or sommelier watched and refilled glasses in a timely fashion. Our waiter was clearly not trained in their wine list or wine service although others seemed much more informed.Special Features:
- One hour chickenPTofDBDined on 10/15/2014My friend and I dined twice here. The first time the service was good, the food was okay if not overpriced in a foo-foo way. I had the Sea Bass which was nice, but I've had better. The second time the service was horrible. We had reservations for 8:15 . No waiter for at least 10 minutes, the place was not busy. We placed our order which was a chicken dish. After about 40 minutes we still did not have our food. The manager checked on us and said " the chicken takes longer to cook", to which we knew that was ridiculous. They made no offer for compensation. The chicken when it did arrive was unspectacular, all 45 minutes and 6 oz of it. The ambiance is beautiful, the food is not and the service was 2 star.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewDustyinAZDined on 10/11/2014It was noisy that night as several waiters dropped their trays next to our table. Also, the service was rather slow overall. My dinner was not prepared as I specifically asked and had to be sent back to be recooked. The fish entree was greasy. My husband's dinner was not hot when it came to the table. We have been to The Enchantment a number of times before the renovation and the food was always good and ambience warm.Special Features:
- Could have been better ...RockDined on 10/10/2014... my wife arranged for us an anniversary dinner here. We went to the bar connected to the resturant called "View 180" which is very nice but there was only a single server; it took nearly 10 min for him to even acknowledge our presence. Once he did, all was well. The SAME thing happened at the resturant as well. Luckily at the resturant there was someone there to bring us water. The food was OK. The view & weather (early October) was brilliant!Special Features:
- Great view and amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014Food and wine was fantastic along with the gorgeous backdrop of the red rocks.Special Features:
- Dining in the Red RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014We recently were in Sedona and tried Che-Ah-Chi for dinner. The restaurant is located in the Enchantment Resort and thus the views are incredible. There are both indoor and outdoor seating options and the outdoor ones offer heaters and the same great views. The menu was nice and reasonable. The wine list was quite extensive and all done through a usable tablet, making it easier to scroll through it and filter to your tastes. If you are in Sedona and want a nice evening out, this is it.Special Features:
- Che-Au-ChirschefDined on 10/1/2014I recommend the Charcuiterie board, it was the best I ever had, our entrees were good but my Bonzina with squash risotto the risotto was slightly over cooked & a little cold when I received it.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great chef and creative dishes, all at the wonderful Enchantment Resort. Would go there again and again to try everything on the menu.Special Features:
- Beautiful SurroundingsMatsoDined on 9/27/2014The Enchantment Resort is surrounded by beautiful redrocks. Che-Ah-Chi faces the redrocks and has large windows so you can enjoy the view during daylight while dining. I recommend requesting a booth because it is very intimate and cozy. We had the Restaurant Week Special. The appetizers were delicious - lobster bisque & beet salad. The lamb entree was delicious but the jidori chicken lacked a bit of flavor. The chocolate dessert was great; however, we didn't care for the basil in the panne cota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highlight of SedonaNYDinerDined on 9/26/2014During four days in Sedona, this was our best restaurant experience, in a class by itself. They also offered an AZ Restaurant Week special menu, which one of our party of 3 chose. Each dish was memorable and our server made great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchantment Resort/SedonaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The resort sits in a breathtaking view of Sedona's beautiful scenery. We had a delicious breakfast on our last day of a wonderful trip. Service was perfection. We hope to stay at the resort during our next visit to Sedona, and will definitely dine at Che-Ah-Chi again.Special Features:
- Breathtaking!foodlvrVIPDined on 9/21/2014Che-Ah-Chi is located in the Enchantment Resort surrounded by the Sedona Red Rock Canyons. The The food and service were very good but the scenic view puts the rating over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- much adopdbusterDined on 9/19/2014this is a case of form over substance. food was generally fair to middling at prices that called for far better.
- Breathtaking ViewsSedonaVisitorDined on 9/18/2014Service was excellent and food was too; expensive but worth it for a special occasion.
- First Class All The WayShassiDined on 9/14/2014Travelling in the south west for the first time. Staying at Enchantnent and having such an upscale restaurant was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJennyDined on 9/12/2014Ambiance and view fantastic! The food was impeccable. Service is fabulous. Can't wait to eat there again on next stay at Enchantment Resort.Special Features:
- Anniversary SplurgetrixieritDined on 9/4/2014It was our anniversary and we went, had drinks outside at View180, great happy hour. Then we went inside to have dinner. The ambiance was amazing, the service was great - our waiter was very knowledgeable and the food was beyond great. We were then treated to dessert for it being our anniversary which was a very nice treat. In my opinion, it is not an every day place to eat as the price is high end, but for a special occasion it was very worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSteveLDined on 8/29/2014A work colleague encouraged us to try this place if we were ever in Sedona so we made a special effort to go. It was certainly worth it. We had a young and superb waiter (Robert) and he did such a wonderful job of explaining options and then staging the various courses. They were featuring lobster mushrooms as they'd found a good sized batch near Flagstaff earlier in the day. They were great. The fish was just super. Maggie and I are still talking about the compressed watermelon appetizer. It could have been served as a dessert. It was wonderful, light, slightly sweet - really an amazing dish. Unfortunately, no room left for dessert, and their ice wine list looked wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unable to control obnoxious guestsMercuryMaxDined on 8/28/2014Our outside dining experience was severely compromised by Che-Ah Chi management's ability tooderate the behavior of obnoxious guests at a adjacent table. One such guest repeatedly smoked after being asked to refrain by the staff. They loudly used profane language easily overheard by my party and others. Finally, instead of controlling the bad behavior, we were told we could move indoors. My party was not behaving badly, but was the party to be inconvenienced rather than restaurant management dealing with the central problem. Our server--Elena--was understanding and very knowledgable and helpful, but ultimately powerless on light of management's cowardice in dealing with the obnoxious guests.Special Features:
- Brunch is not quite the samegourmayVIPDined on 8/24/2014Enchantment says it was losing money on their traditional Sunday brunch so they have significantly downgraded the offerings. There is now a somewhat limited cold buffet and warm dishes are ordered from a selection of about a half dozen entrees. If you order from the entree selections, then the cold buffet is only $22 versus $37 if you don't order a warm entree. While the warm entrees were good, the Sunday brunch is a major step backwards from what it used to be - no carving station, no omelet station, etc., but apparently their headcount has been way down so they decided to scale back. Unlike L'Auberge, Enchantment still charges $10 for each Bloody Mary (should be included), but the sparkling wine and mimosas are still bottomless.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Views were fantastic but food was average. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Overall our meal was good but we expected more based on the reputation of the resort. In my opinion it wasn't worth the price of the meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Our family really enjoyed Che-Ah-Chi. Incredible views of the red rocks. Lisa provided great service. And the food was excellent. Only downside w/ this was miscommunication between open table and the restaurant. This restaurant is closed on Tuesdays and open table allowed a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REds Rocks and flamesxoxoxoDined on 6/27/2014Our time there was splendid, our waitperson was excellent and not overly attentive. The ambiente was so wonderful. The food and service combined were worth 5 stars. My wife was even happier with the evening. (Great wine list in addition.)Special Features:
- The view makes it worthwhileLonestar1Dined on 6/26/2014We stay at many Relais & Chateaux, dine at numerous Michelin Star restaurants each trip and we had high hopes for this restaurant. Of course the view is stunning and I must say that service was good enough for this level of establishment, but the food. Well the pan fried Foie Gras was OK, if a mouthful is ones idea of a starter. Then the beef, even medium rare was tough and chewy. The wine list is overpriced for the vintage proffered. We did enjoy the view, but would we eat at this restaurant again? I doubt it.Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort reviews archive.
- EnchantedEnglishMikeDined on 6/22/2014Went there for an anniversary dinner and was delighted to find the place was all it was advertised to be. From the hostess who wished us Happy Anniversary to the excellent service we received from all. If the weather is good I highly recommend sitting outside, the red rock views are simply stunning and to watch the sun go down and the changing light enhances some fantastic food. My only knock on this place is a limited wine menu - being from California I am spoiled by extensive offerings and this felt a little generic as if the wine was an afterthought. That said the food more than made up for it, my wife had the prosciutto special and I had the Hamachi and then we had Steelhead Trout and Filet for dinner - all amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Sedona CuisineFussyEaterDined on 6/19/2014Che-Ah-Chi is situated in Enchantment Resort, about a 20 mins drive from uptown Sedona & the main drag. A very plain (perhaps even ugly) set of adobe buildings set in a very beautiful location of Boynton Canyon with an outside terrace for dining but the views of the canyon are spoilt by the large swimming pool area. The cocktails were seriously good & our server was very attentive but unfortunately the chef's skills were lacking. I ordered the Wagyu steak & was seriously disappointed with the quality - it must be the only occasion that I have been served tough steak in the USA & I certainly needed the steak knife I was given. I would even question if it was genuine Wagyu despite coming with a label & price to match.
- Five Star diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014One would not expect to find a restaurant of this quality in a small town but, it is in a world class resort so may be it's not so surprising. I am a foodie and eaten at the best restaurants all over the world. This restaurant is right up there with the best of them. It just doesn't have the big name. And the view is spectacular. I think this is a destination restaurant and would highly recommend it. Stay at the resort and have dinner at Che Ah Chi.Special Features:
- mich13mich13VIPDined on 6/8/2014views spectacular of red rocks. i had the salmon. did not like the sides with my dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winoDined on 5/31/2014View was great but other than that nothing special for a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- OMGJoffmannVIPDined on 5/27/2014What a place. The views were breathtaking. Food was amazing!
- Won't be disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/27/2014The food was very good- filet mignonette for me and rack of lamb for my niece. Well prepared and served. It is a lovely restaurant , the view is beautiful. My only negative is I tried to book a table for 7 pm or 730 and the system said 630 only available. Upon arrival at 630 and leaving at 8 the restaurant was nearly empty.cant believe there were that many cancellation.Special Features:
- Great view, good food, average svcFinefoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Excellent outdoor dining venue on a beautiful night (save for the smoke spreading out over the mountains from the recent fires). Waiter asked if it was our last night in Sedona (it was) and congenially said it was up to him to make it spectacular…kind of the last we heard from him outside of taking order and delivering the check. The food was good and our minor requests for alterations were accommodated but you definitely are paying for the views, not the entire experience. Most entrees in the $45 range but have had as good/better for less. Enjoy the view, but consider happy hour at the bar (Vue, I think) on the shared porch instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/21/2014This was a special birthday dinner and everything was wonderful. They even surprised us with a lovely birthday dessert with a candle - and thank goodness no singing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdocronDined on 5/3/2014beautiful setting and very good food. Expected to see sunset but not visible from the restaurant as it faces eastSpecial Features:
- Five Stars Are Not EnoughTheatregoerDined on 4/28/2014One trip to Che Ah Chi is not enough! We dined here for the two nights we had dinner at the resort. In a word - magnificent. The first night I had the baby beet salad and the Wagyu Bavette (tip of the sirloin). The salad contained three different types of beet, horseradish, radishes, orange and a chive cream cheese. From the first bite I knew this place was going to be an experience. The beef was served sliced with asparagus, onion and pancetta. Tender does not do it justice. My wife and Loup de Mer (branzino). It was served with tomato confit fingerling potatoes and leeks. The fish was crisp on the outside and perfectly done inside. The second night she had the beets and Wagyu while I had Lobster Bisque and Bison Tenderloin.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedTravelingXradDined on 4/28/2014Ambience and views were beautiful. However, the food was par. Was expecting something unique, but the meal was, frankly, average. Wine list was impressive, having their wine list available on an iPad which would sort the wine list based on factors the diner chooses. Unfortunately, our group universally agreed that for the price, the food was not impressive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was a great experience we were celebrating our 40 th Anniversay and it was SpectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Your reservation screens need to accommodate cancellations. I had to call the resort to cancel due to a change in my schedule and I cannot submit this comment without rating the restaurant.