Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort
525 Boynton Canyon Rd
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://enchantmentresort.com/dining/che-ah-chi-restaurant/
- Phone: 9282046000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Schmidt
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Cook 928-204-6000x
A word from Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort is a new Contemporary American Fine Dining restaurant in Sedona.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (16)romantic (16)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Views were fantastic but food was average. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Overall our meal was good but we expected more based on the reputation of the resort. In my opinion it wasn't worth the price of the meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Our family really enjoyed Che-Ah-Chi. Incredible views of the red rocks. Lisa provided great service. And the food was excellent. Only downside w/ this was miscommunication between open table and the restaurant. This restaurant is closed on Tuesdays and open table allowed a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REds Rocks and flamesxoxoxoDined on 6/27/2014Our time there was splendid, our waitperson was excellent and not overly attentive. The ambiente was so wonderful. The food and service combined were worth 5 stars. My wife was even happier with the evening. (Great wine list in addition.)Special Features:
- The view makes it worthwhileLonestar1Dined on 6/26/2014We stay at many Relais & Chateaux, dine at numerous Michelin Star restaurants each trip and we had high hopes for this restaurant. Of course the view is stunning and I must say that service was good enough for this level of establishment, but the food. Well the pan fried Foie Gras was OK, if a mouthful is ones idea of a starter. Then the beef, even medium rare was tough and chewy. The wine list is overpriced for the vintage proffered. We did enjoy the view, but would we eat at this restaurant again? I doubt it.Special Features:
- EnchantedEnglishMikeDined on 6/22/2014Went there for an anniversary dinner and was delighted to find the place was all it was advertised to be. From the hostess who wished us Happy Anniversary to the excellent service we received from all. If the weather is good I highly recommend sitting outside, the red rock views are simply stunning and to watch the sun go down and the changing light enhances some fantastic food. My only knock on this place is a limited wine menu - being from California I am spoiled by extensive offerings and this felt a little generic as if the wine was an afterthought. That said the food more than made up for it, my wife had the prosciutto special and I had the Hamachi and then we had Steelhead Trout and Filet for dinner - all amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Sedona CuisineFussyEaterDined on 6/19/2014Che-Ah-Chi is situated in Enchantment Resort, about a 20 mins drive from uptown Sedona & the main drag. A very plain (perhaps even ugly) set of adobe buildings set in a very beautiful location of Boynton Canyon with an outside terrace for dining but the views of the canyon are spoilt by the large swimming pool area. The cocktails were seriously good & our server was very attentive but unfortunately the chef's skills were lacking. I ordered the Wagyu steak & was seriously disappointed with the quality - it must be the only occasion that I have been served tough steak in the USA & I certainly needed the steak knife I was given. I would even question if it was genuine Wagyu despite coming with a label & price to match.
- Five Star diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014One would not expect to find a restaurant of this quality in a small town but, it is in a world class resort so may be it's not so surprising. I am a foodie and eaten at the best restaurants all over the world. This restaurant is right up there with the best of them. It just doesn't have the big name. And the view is spectacular. I think this is a destination restaurant and would highly recommend it. Stay at the resort and have dinner at Che Ah Chi.Special Features:
- mich13mich13VIPDined on 6/8/2014views spectacular of red rocks. i had the salmon. did not like the sides with my dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winoDined on 5/31/2014View was great but other than that nothing special for a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- OMGJoffmannVIPDined on 5/27/2014What a place. The views were breathtaking. Food was amazing!
- Won't be disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/27/2014The food was very good- filet mignonette for me and rack of lamb for my niece. Well prepared and served. It is a lovely restaurant , the view is beautiful. My only negative is I tried to book a table for 7 pm or 730 and the system said 630 only available. Upon arrival at 630 and leaving at 8 the restaurant was nearly empty.cant believe there were that many cancellation.Special Features:
- Great view, good food, average svcFinefoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Excellent outdoor dining venue on a beautiful night (save for the smoke spreading out over the mountains from the recent fires). Waiter asked if it was our last night in Sedona (it was) and congenially said it was up to him to make it spectacular…kind of the last we heard from him outside of taking order and delivering the check. The food was good and our minor requests for alterations were accommodated but you definitely are paying for the views, not the entire experience. Most entrees in the $45 range but have had as good/better for less. Enjoy the view, but consider happy hour at the bar (Vue, I think) on the shared porch instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/21/2014This was a special birthday dinner and everything was wonderful. They even surprised us with a lovely birthday dessert with a candle - and thank goodness no singing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdocronDined on 5/3/2014beautiful setting and very good food. Expected to see sunset but not visible from the restaurant as it faces eastSpecial Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Che-Ah-Chi at Enchantment Resort reviews archive.
- Five Stars Are Not EnoughTheatregoerDined on 4/28/2014One trip to Che Ah Chi is not enough! We dined here for the two nights we had dinner at the resort. In a word - magnificent. The first night I had the baby beet salad and the Wagyu Bavette (tip of the sirloin). The salad contained three different types of beet, horseradish, radishes, orange and a chive cream cheese. From the first bite I knew this place was going to be an experience. The beef was served sliced with asparagus, onion and pancetta. Tender does not do it justice. My wife and Loup de Mer (branzino). It was served with tomato confit fingerling potatoes and leeks. The fish was crisp on the outside and perfectly done inside. The second night she had the beets and Wagyu while I had Lobster Bisque and Bison Tenderloin.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedTravelingXradDined on 4/28/2014Ambience and views were beautiful. However, the food was par. Was expecting something unique, but the meal was, frankly, average. Wine list was impressive, having their wine list available on an iPad which would sort the wine list based on factors the diner chooses. Unfortunately, our group universally agreed that for the price, the food was not impressive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014It was a great experience we were celebrating our 40 th Anniversay and it was SpectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Your reservation screens need to accommodate cancellations. I had to call the resort to cancel due to a change in my schedule and I cannot submit this comment without rating the restaurant.
- MMMMMmm GoodfoodismypassionDined on 4/13/2014Loved the restaurant food choices and the scenic view ... you can be definitely spoiled at Che-Ah-Chi... I felt and ate like a queen.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchmistaMDined on 4/13/2014Really excellent brunch spread amidst astounding views. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passed after looking at the menugoldenlillyDined on 4/5/2014I had a reservation we had dined there before and it was very good. We looked at the menu online and made a reservation, when we got there the menu had changed both of the items we were interested in were taken off the menu. Not one chicken dish even on the menu. We told the waiter that we liked the menu better at the other restaurant in the resort so we left and went there to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthdaydevil75Dined on 4/1/2014Celebrating back-to-back birthdays, my wife and I really enjoyed our evening here. View of the redrocks was breath taking. The wait staff was friendly, but not overly indulgent. Our meal was a treat, and the presentation was eye-popping. We don't usually take 3 hours to dine, but this time we enjoyed every minute. A special occasion kind of place. Looking forward to anniversary dinner there in July!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artistic mealbarbara26Dined on 3/26/2014Every dish brought to the table needed a picture taken for it's artistic beauty. The view from the table was stunning. All in all, a memorable birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wonderful ambianceLGinTOVIPDined on 3/19/2014This is an exceptional meal, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food is excellent and wonderfully presented. I enjoyed the shrimp entree, my husband and sun loved their venison (with sunchokes and chips) and my daughter loved her bavette steak. This was one of the more expensive restaurants we ate at in Sedona, but it really is fit for foodies, and the atmosphere is wonderful. Get there before sunset so you can truly enjoy the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Everything was great except for the fillet mignon I ordered. It was not as good as I had expected it would be. It was a bit tough. All in all though a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining, Spectacular Setting!RutiDined on 3/13/2014Che Ah Chi offers an impeccable dining experience. It is nestled into the most magnificent setting of red rock cliffs, once sacred to Native Americans. The service was anticipatory while non intrusive, and every need or request is met with professional grace. The menu is varied, the meals are portioned perfectly, fabulously prepared, and beautifully presented. It's worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We truly enjoyed our evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2014We truly enjoyed our evening. The setting was gorgeous, service great and food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately I'd have toAKM27Dined on 2/16/2014Unfortunately I'd have to say this restaurant is overrated. Awkward conversations with waiters and hostesses. Everyone assumed we were staying at the resort and somehow could not comprehend we were only here for dinner. No complaints regarding food and wine except for the prices - if you aren't prepared to pay >$24 per appetizer and >$30 for entrees, do not come here. Also, there is no view of anything at night, so I would recommend coming here for sunset or going to their restaurant next door, Ti Gavo, for sunset and prickly pear margaritas (and food kinder on your wallet). I think the experience is lost when you are surrounded in darkness at night.Special Features:
- We went twice to dine duringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014We went twice to dine during our stay in Sedona. Beautiful scenery, great food & service! A must go when you are in Sedona!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, secluded resortOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/13/2014Beautiful, secluded resort restaurant, nice creative menu, try the buffalo. Wine list via iPad.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningActiveDinerDined on 2/9/2014Food was very good, especially enjoyed the Tagliatelle appetizer - to die for. Service was impeccable and the ambience is as romantic as anything you could imagineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even more then expected.....KB2014Dined on 2/6/2014We booked the reservation because we were staying there. We were expecting good.... but not OUTSTANDING!!!! The view was breath taking. The service top notch... But most of all, the food was outstanding! We live in Miami and have many great restaurants. Often, when the view is that great..... the food is not. The is not the case here! We also went for breakfast.... SO good we went back the next day.... and even the next! NO need to leave the premises for food! ( and my family calls me a food snob!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a View!JMMHVIPDined on 2/4/2014I went for the view and left being happy with dinner. No small feat. Enjoy!Special Features:
- A Decade Long CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014Were locals in the winter and have always enjoyed coming to Enchantment for Holiday and Sunday bunch in the past! The new renovation to Che-Ah-Chi resturant is very appealing, the addition of the open air fireplace room is also breath taking, its like eating along side the canyon wall feeling relaxed and inspired from the spectacular views of canyon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhiilHugaVIPDined on 1/19/2014New management must be saving money. No top staff anymore.
- Great except for the noisy kids!DmeierDined on 12/29/2013Our dinner was great , the ambience was perfect but the group of children and their parents were rude and totally inconsiderate. Apparently these parents let the kids run the show. The kids were crying, drumming on the table, and just out of control...and the parents did nothing! So management was called by several tables. Management tried to help but they seemed a bit timid to tell the parents to control their children. It really was a very nice meal and service except for the children. We got lots of apologies from the staff and manager and when we got back to our room we received a bottle of champaign as an apology gift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Honeymoon brunchfullofentropyDined on 12/8/2013Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday brunch. Great location, great scenery, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingapricotalmaDined on 12/2/2013We have been coming to the Enchantment resort since 1993 and truly enjoy the ambience, service, and menu uniqueness. Major renovation to the main restaurant in the past year has not changed the food quality, service or ambience. We continue to enjoy our dinners, breakfasts and celebratory lunches here. Our visit in December to celebrate a 72nd birthday dinner was - as usual - outstanding. I had the lamb and my husband the flank steak. We shared fingerling potatoes and the house salad - yum. Drinks were great; especially, the French champagne...by the glass.Special Features:
- Awesome!GolfinflyfisherDined on 12/1/2013Great food in an idyllic setting. The views are turly remarkable, and the ambience is wonderful. Outstanding service coupled with uncomprised food quality completes the picture.... Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.