Chaz on the Plaza
325 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chaz on the Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chazontheplaza.com/
- Phone: 8168022152x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 10:30 am;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 7:00 am - 2:00 pm,
Saturday & Sunday Jazz Brunch 10 am - 1 pm
Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Sunday Brunch 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm;
Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm;
Sunday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles d' Ablaing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The award-winning Chaz on the Plaza culinary team and wait staff service all banquet and catered events. Meeting and event planners may choose from customized menus that may included Chaz signature items or a chef menu designed to provide an upscale, restaurant quality dining experience at exceptional value.
- Private Party Facilities: Chaz on the Plaza is capable of hosting parties and groups up to 80 people. In addition, meeting planners may reserve the Plaza View Room for dinners and cocktail receptions of up to 50 or elegant dinners for 12 in the Blue Beacon Boardroom. The Plaza View Room offers beautiful views overlooking the Country Club Plaza. The Blue Beacon offers seating at an executive conference table with plush leather seats.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Kalina 816-997-9271x
- Entertainment: Chaz on the Plaza features renowned jazz artist Max Groove most every Wednesday and Friday. Chaz showcases a variety of composers and musicians who perform jazz, the music idiom that has grown up in Kansas City, classical, blues, rock and pop Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings. The Les Mengel Duo performs classical strings music Sunday evenings. Hours are Monday-Thursday 6 pm-10 pm; Friday-Saturday 7pm-11pm; Sunday 5pm-9pm.
- Special Events: Special dining experiences include weekly events such as Dinner for Two Tuesdays that offer three course dinner for two with a bottle of wine for $75 and Prime Time Sundays that feature choice of a three course prime rib or Atlantic salmon dinner as well as occasional
- Cross Street: Wornall
- Public Transit: Cab service to the door from anywhere in the city. The Main Street Max and The Metro offer pick-up and drop-off at multiple Country Club Plaza locations convenient to Chaz on the Plaza.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Choice of complimentary valet or private self-parking.
A word from Chaz on the Plaza
Chaz on the Plaza is an epicurean experience accented by chic, comfortable atmosphere and enhanced by modern regional American cuisine. Menus reflect the innovative souls of the culinary team offering a playful mix of styles and cuisines and a wine selection that is recipient of Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Live entertainment nightly features a variety of jazz, blues, classical, rock and pop from local musicians begins at 6 pm Monday-Thursday; 7 pm Friday-Saturday; and 5 pm on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Chaz on the Plaza - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Chaz on the Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (60)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)scenic view (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was my husband's 70th birthday and we were treated like royalty. Three of our children joined us and we were comfortable in a large booth. We were able to talk freely and enjoy each other's company. Two of our children flew in that day from Wash. D. C. to surprise their Dad. It could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I have visited your location a number of times. I work for a management company and when the owners of the company come into town they insist on staying at the Raphael and dining at The Chaz. It is also my favorite place to come and listen to outdoor music now that you have started the music outside on the green.Special Features:
- Sourthern Food with KC StyleLarryVIPDined on 10/20/2014Once again, a great experience at Chaz. The sour cream fried chicken was delicious. The only miss was dessert...a small cake topped with small dab of gelato and dried oranges. The cake was too dry and the orange taste overwhelmed. Not bad just not the greatest. When I told the server dessert was just "OK", he removed it from the bill since this was my birthday celebration....and said, "Your birthday dinner should be perfect." What a wonderful gesture.Special Features:
- A must try!StogieDined on 10/16/2014This was my first dining experience with Chaz, but will certainly not be my last! Excellent steak and sides...service wonderful...staff very friendly, but not smothering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great service, relaxingTeachermariaDined on 10/14/2014Chaz is a delightful restaurant. Great for a special occasion or a romantic dinner. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very peaceful with relaxing live music. We went on a Tuesday night and enjoyed their $75 three course dinner for two that included wine and it was wonderful. The service is especially excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing shrimp and gritslittlegto67Dined on 10/12/2014The shrimp and grits here is pretty fantastic. I used to hate grits until I had these. The Veal Oscar was very good and the crab cake with the poached egg was wonderful but the salmon is frozen and was slightly over-cooked and had no sauce. They serve pretty large portions and it is a quiet restaurant with very good service. I think the appetizers are better than the main courses. They also have a decent and affordable wine list (there is a separate wine list with the very expensive bottles). We stayed at the hotel and ate at the restaurant and had some drinks at the bar, it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great food!MissJDined on 10/12/2014We ate here for breakfast. Lobster Benedict and Smoked Salmon Benedict. Excellent food!!Special Features:
- Nancy JoNancy55Dined on 10/11/2014This was the most amazing dinner my husband and I have ever had. Our dinner was absolutely over the top!!!! The sea bass was cooked to perfection and the rack of lamb was incredible . And then the asparagus with fresh Bearnaise. OMG If anyone is looking for a special occasion for a romantic dinner, this is it!!! We just can't say enough about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great weekend treasure!JmorrDined on 10/4/2014Chaz is a great spot for a weekend romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I dined at Chaz for a romantic date night and enjoyed the atmosphere. The restaurant was nicely lit, had great live jazz, and very cozy. The servers were very polite and accomodatingSpecial Features:
- We love Chaz!LouiseVIPDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful brunch, great view of the Plaza! We were there on Saturday, October 4th and had lobster benedict, which was truly fabulous. We also love to come to Chaz for a romantic dinner - try it during the holidays for a great view of the Plaza lights.Special Features:
- Take your chance at ChazSnoahDined on 9/29/2014Service was good, she-crab soup & veal dish just wasn't acceptable for a Plaza restaurant.😞Special Features:
- Kansas City Jewel!BestDogMollyVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is one of my husband's and my favorite places for a nice dinner out (and frequently there is jazz to listen to in the bar). They also did a 'bang up' job when I was there for a Sunday brunch with a large group of friends. The waiter took great care of us and without missing a beat was able to juggle the serving of some of the meals (and then the bills) as several people had to leave early. One of the women had two children who ate at a different section of the restaurant and they were well taken care of. All 8 of us had different entrees and they were wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful gatheringTravelin60sDined on 9/26/2014A group of friends who are planning our winter trip to the islands gathered in KC to finalize plans: first time at Chaz and it was perfect. The waiter knew just when to approach and the food was exceptional with a very, very unexpected low price!!! It was a great start to our next adventure!Special Features:
- ChazBERGRVIPDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed our brunch at Chaz on the Plaza so much that we are planning to make reservations for our family Christmas Eve dinner. Our party of four had the grits, omelets and the french toast. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaz is best for birthdays!finickyDined on 9/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner at Chaz! Our server, Doug, was attentive and timed everything perfectly, especially since we wanted a leisurely experience and our courses spaced out. Bit of a stumble on the cocktails, but the food was stellar and everything else was a complete delight. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintQuaintDined on 9/19/2014Quaint with good food. Go ahead and order your own entre. The portions are appropriately sized for one person. Not the commonly found oversized portions for oversized people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent choice for our anniversary. Live the live music and very romantic. Only thing was the portions for the price are a little smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaz 3peterstorandtDined on 9/13/2014Our third visit was as expected-relaxing, delicious, and familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Chaz!jromahaDined on 9/13/2014Chaz is the best restaurant in Kansas City! The food, the service and the atmosphere are perfect and my family and I make it a point to have dinner here every time we visit KC. We had the opportunity to try their new menu, and it was fantastic. Try the short ribs!Special Features:
- SwannDined on 9/13/2014It was a special occasion for my daughter-in-law--her 45th birthday; we, all 5 of us, really liked the attention. the 16 & 13 yr olds were awed, they thought it was exceptionally fancy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for an occasional brunchChowopsDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Chaz. We went based on the reviews that I read. I'm really not one for hotel restaurants but it sounded like it could be romantic and brunch isn't something that we do ever and we wanted to try something different. It was definitely romantic and the staff treated us very well. The place was practically empty, but it was a gorgeous day outside and the Plaza area in Kansas City is pretty popular. Unfortunately, the food wasn't that great. I can't remember the name of the sandwich, but that's what I had which came with "Chips" that had an old oil taste. My wife had an omelet of some kind that wasn't anything special. Bottom line, my wife and I were together and that made up for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerChuckDined on 9/6/2014It was a great experience. I asked around to find a nice place to take my girlfriend for her birthday and I was given great advice. The servers were all very polite, as were other patrons. The food was outstanding. I cannot say one aspect of the experience outweighed any other.Special Features:
- Good but ribs not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The service was good, and the wine list was impeccable. However, the short braised ribs were a bit dry and chewy.Special Features:
- Great Up Scale Restaurantwhere2dineDined on 9/5/2014Great menu choices beginning with appetizers, soups and salads to the main course of steak and seafood. Good wine list and other bar drinks. The food was properly prepared as requested with excellent presentation. Great desserts to choose from and various specialty coffees and ice wine. The service was absolutely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate here on a Friday night. The bar was pretty noisy when we arrived, but quieted down. We each had the Chaz salad, which we liked. Our different steak dishes were tender and flavorful. His had quite a bit of crab with the steak. Our desserts were very good. I had the green tea tart and he had the chocolate dessert. They have some pretty interesting wines on their list. The service is always excellent and they have valet parking. Prices make it kind of a splurge for us, but we always enjoy it.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 9/3/2014good food at good prices. Wine prices are getting a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxing & enjoyable night outCharlieDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Chaz. It was our first time eating here since moving to the area 2 months ago. Food was excellent, difficult to finally decide on a final selection. We shared two apps before our dinner so dessert was out of the question. I expect we will visit Chaz again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomthornVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food and service but the noise level from the lounge can be distracting. If you want to have a conversation, get a table on the lower level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTimDVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love having special dinners at Chaz. The food is outstanding - I highly recommend the filet, fried green tomatoes, and the calamari were all delicious this time. Especially enjoy the buy one get one coupons for birthdays & special events! Never disappoints. High quality ingredients, great flavors, and we absolutely love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful special eveningKCVisitorDined on 8/30/2014A special occasion evening. Made reservations for two reasons: 2 To have fine dinner with my sweetheart and propose, 2. because of the jazz, specifically local vocalist Angela Hagenbach who is great. Our waiter was very attentive. Great wine. After dining, we were able to move to the bar where Ms. Hagenbach sang a song I asked her to sing (beforehand). Her timing was perfect. And the hotel manager offered the two of us glasses of champagne when he realized we had just become engaged moments before. I highly recommend this place. Note---It is a restaurant FIRST and a jazz venue (facilities-wise) second. If you want to hear the jazz well, be sure to reserve well in advance one of the few tables actually in the bar where the music is.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerConcertVIPDined on 8/30/2014had a wonderful dinner at Chaz. Music and good food a great mix!Special Features:
- FabulousTGW1VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is a fabulous venue for brunch. Wonderful atmosphere, food and service. The addition of live jazz in the background makes a perfect brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningCrashVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were there to celebrate my birthday and it was awesome (as usual). We were given the royal treatment:excellent service, excellent food, great view of the beautiful night on The Plaza. We could not have asked for more the waiter was not only properly attentive, he was extremely knowledgable, David, the maître d went above and beyond to I sure our experience was more tha perfect. I tell everyone you have the best steaks in town, and, once again, you did not disappoint. Thank you!Special Features:
- JoeykDined on 8/28/2014As usual, a wonderful evening at Chaz. The salmon was perfect and the potatoes with Brie were marvelous. Great wait staff and lovely atmosphere - plus jazz! What's not to like!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodCulinarycoupleDined on 8/24/2014It has been a while since we visited Chaz on the Plaza, but we came back because we remembered the experience as being one of our best in a restaurant. They did not disappoint! Food, service, atmosphere - everything was perfect! We ate there on a Sunday night and they had a string duo playing beautifully and quietly in the bar area and it made the whole atmosphere even more inviting. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just for a very fine meal!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchMLSmithDined on 8/23/2014My sisters and I went to Chaz to celebrate a special birthday. The celebration was made even more special by the food and service. The food was incredible and the service was wonderful. Great place!!Special Features:
- A Musical NotekcgalDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed listening to the jazz ensemble during our brunch as we gathered to celebrate my husband's birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceMarketGuruDined on 8/16/2014Had a great dinner with superb food - fried oyster appetizer, sea bass entree and split two desserts - every morsel was amazing. Incredibly attentive and friendly service from Joshua was equally perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!mleeDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our overall experience. The wait staff was excellent, food was delicious, and atmosphere was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.