Chaz on the Plaza
325 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chaz on the Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chazontheplaza.com/
- Phone: 8168022152x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 10:30 am;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 7:00 am - 2:00 pm,
Saturday & Sunday Jazz Brunch 10 am - 1 pm
Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Sunday Brunch 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm;
Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm;
Sunday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles d' Ablaing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The award-winning Chaz on the Plaza culinary team and wait staff service all banquet and catered events. Meeting and event planners may choose from customized menus that may included Chaz signature items or a chef menu designed to provide an upscale, restaurant quality dining experience at exceptional value.
- Private Party Facilities: Chaz on the Plaza is capable of hosting parties and groups up to 80 people. In addition, meeting planners may reserve the Plaza View Room for dinners and cocktail receptions of up to 50 or elegant dinners for 12 in the Blue Beacon Boardroom. The Plaza View Room offers beautiful views overlooking the Country Club Plaza. The Blue Beacon offers seating at an executive conference table with plush leather seats.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Kalina 816-997-9271x
- Entertainment: Chaz on the Plaza features renowned jazz artist Max Groove most every Wednesday and Friday. Chaz showcases a variety of composers and musicians who perform jazz, the music idiom that has grown up in Kansas City, classical, blues, rock and pop Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings. The Les Mengel Duo performs classical strings music Sunday evenings. Hours are Monday-Thursday 6 pm-10 pm; Friday-Saturday 7pm-11pm; Sunday 5pm-9pm.
- Special Events: Special dining experiences include weekly events such as Dinner for Two Tuesdays that offer three course dinner for two with a bottle of wine for $75 and Prime Time Sundays that feature choice of a three course prime rib or Atlantic salmon dinner as well as occasional
- Cross Street: Wornall
- Public Transit: Cab service to the door from anywhere in the city. The Main Street Max and The Metro offer pick-up and drop-off at multiple Country Club Plaza locations convenient to Chaz on the Plaza.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Choice of complimentary valet or private self-parking.
A word from Chaz on the Plaza
Chaz on the Plaza is an epicurean experience accented by chic, comfortable atmosphere and enhanced by modern regional American cuisine. Menus reflect the innovative souls of the culinary team offering a playful mix of styles and cuisines and a wine selection that is recipient of Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Live entertainment nightly features a variety of jazz, blues, classical, rock and pop from local musicians begins at 6 pm Monday-Thursday; 7 pm Friday-Saturday; and 5 pm on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Chaz on the Plaza - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Chaz on the Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (64)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (15)scenic view (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Chaz 3peterstorandtDined on 9/13/2014Our third visit was as expected-relaxing, delicious, and familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Chaz!jromahaDined on 9/13/2014Chaz is the best restaurant in Kansas City! The food, the service and the atmosphere are perfect and my family and I make it a point to have dinner here every time we visit KC. We had the opportunity to try their new menu, and it was fantastic. Try the short ribs!Special Features:
- SwannDined on 9/13/2014It was a special occasion for my daughter-in-law--her 45th birthday; we, all 5 of us, really liked the attention. the 16 & 13 yr olds were awed, they thought it was exceptionally fancy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerChuckDined on 9/6/2014It was a great experience. I asked around to find a nice place to take my girlfriend for her birthday and I was given great advice. The servers were all very polite, as were other patrons. The food was outstanding. I cannot say one aspect of the experience outweighed any other.Special Features:
- Good but ribs not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The service was good, and the wine list was impeccable. However, the short braised ribs were a bit dry and chewy.Special Features:
- Great Up Scale Restaurantwhere2dineDined on 9/5/2014Great menu choices beginning with appetizers, soups and salads to the main course of steak and seafood. Good wine list and other bar drinks. The food was properly prepared as requested with excellent presentation. Great desserts to choose from and various specialty coffees and ice wine. The service was absolutely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate here on a Friday night. The bar was pretty noisy when we arrived, but quieted down. We each had the Chaz salad, which we liked. Our different steak dishes were tender and flavorful. His had quite a bit of crab with the steak. Our desserts were very good. I had the green tea tart and he had the chocolate dessert. They have some pretty interesting wines on their list. The service is always excellent and they have valet parking. Prices make it kind of a splurge for us, but we always enjoy it.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 9/3/2014good food at good prices. Wine prices are getting a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxing & enjoyable night outCharlieDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Chaz. It was our first time eating here since moving to the area 2 months ago. Food was excellent, difficult to finally decide on a final selection. We shared two apps before our dinner so dessert was out of the question. I expect we will visit Chaz again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomthornVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food and service but the noise level from the lounge can be distracting. If you want to have a conversation, get a table on the lower level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTimDVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love having special dinners at Chaz. The food is outstanding - I highly recommend the filet, fried green tomatoes, and the calamari were all delicious this time. Especially enjoy the buy one get one coupons for birthdays & special events! Never disappoints. High quality ingredients, great flavors, and we absolutely love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful special eveningKCVisitorDined on 8/30/2014A special occasion evening. Made reservations for two reasons: 2 To have fine dinner with my sweetheart and propose, 2. because of the jazz, specifically local vocalist Angela Hagenbach who is great. Our waiter was very attentive. Great wine. After dining, we were able to move to the bar where Ms. Hagenbach sang a song I asked her to sing (beforehand). Her timing was perfect. And the hotel manager offered the two of us glasses of champagne when he realized we had just become engaged moments before. I highly recommend this place. Note---It is a restaurant FIRST and a jazz venue (facilities-wise) second. If you want to hear the jazz well, be sure to reserve well in advance one of the few tables actually in the bar where the music is.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerConcertVIPDined on 8/30/2014had a wonderful dinner at Chaz. Music and good food a great mix!Special Features:
- FabulousTGW1VIPDined on 8/30/2014This is a fabulous venue for brunch. Wonderful atmosphere, food and service. The addition of live jazz in the background makes a perfect brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningCrashVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were there to celebrate my birthday and it was awesome (as usual). We were given the royal treatment:excellent service, excellent food, great view of the beautiful night on The Plaza. We could not have asked for more the waiter was not only properly attentive, he was extremely knowledgable, David, the maître d went above and beyond to I sure our experience was more tha perfect. I tell everyone you have the best steaks in town, and, once again, you did not disappoint. Thank you!Special Features:
- JoeykDined on 8/28/2014As usual, a wonderful evening at Chaz. The salmon was perfect and the potatoes with Brie were marvelous. Great wait staff and lovely atmosphere - plus jazz! What's not to like!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodCulinarycoupleDined on 8/24/2014It has been a while since we visited Chaz on the Plaza, but we came back because we remembered the experience as being one of our best in a restaurant. They did not disappoint! Food, service, atmosphere - everything was perfect! We ate there on a Sunday night and they had a string duo playing beautifully and quietly in the bar area and it made the whole atmosphere even more inviting. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just for a very fine meal!Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchMLSmithDined on 8/23/2014My sisters and I went to Chaz to celebrate a special birthday. The celebration was made even more special by the food and service. The food was incredible and the service was wonderful. Great place!!Special Features:
- A Musical NotekcgalDined on 8/17/2014We enjoyed listening to the jazz ensemble during our brunch as we gathered to celebrate my husband's birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceMarketGuruDined on 8/16/2014Had a great dinner with superb food - fried oyster appetizer, sea bass entree and split two desserts - every morsel was amazing. Incredibly attentive and friendly service from Joshua was equally perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!mleeDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our overall experience. The wait staff was excellent, food was delicious, and atmosphere was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joshDined on 8/5/2014Service and atmosphere was superb. Nice wine list also with good selection of wines by the glass. My dining partner had sea bass which was excellent. I ordered veal oscar which was good but the meat really seemed more like aged beef than veal. Escargot appetizer was disappointing as there was only minimal escargot served mixed with a medley of vegetables and mushrooms. Overall, the food and the experience were very good. Certainly a nice classy place for that special dining evening. Quaint bar which we didn't sit in but would enjoy. Live jazz music added to the experience and was a pleasant surprise on a Tuesday evening.Special Features:
- romantic dinnerOmahaPatDined on 8/2/2014wonderful menu. the food was great. Besides the usual sour dough bread (which was warm) offering. We also had brioche and a cheese lavash included in the bread basket. We basically made our meal of 3 appetizers and split an entree. Very attentive wait staff. We had the option of eatting on the patio but so enjoyed the jazz group playing inside. The highlight of our Kansas City Weekend.Special Features:
- A little room for dancingSheppardDined on 8/2/2014Everything was perfect, service, food, wine & music. Without disturbing tables a little space near the band for dancing would have made the evening brilliantly perfect.Special Features:
- not2goodDined on 8/2/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. The service was very poor and the food was fair. We told the hostess it was our wedding anniversary several times and the waiter forgot all about it, making our experience not very enjoyable. We spoke about the crab cakes we had earlier stating that they were very dry and not very good, nothing was done only apologies. The waiter would ask how our food was and before we could answer he would turn and walk away. If you do not want to know the answer don't ask the question.
- Chaz for some JazzSkyviewDinerDined on 8/2/2014Arrived a little early to enjoy the Jazz Trio playing that night. Free Valet Parking was excellent. Service in the bar by Unysess was outstanding. Doug our server was there when needed and gave great tips on the menu. Our food was prepared exactly as requested and was excellent. We had a great table with an excellent view of the Plaza and the entertaiemt. Prices were as expected. I've been to Chaz three times now and have never been disappointed. It's a great place for music and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for breakfastrmcconnellVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have tried just about everything on the breakfast menu and it is all wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was okay. Salad was very small. Potato croquette was tepid. The steak was very good, sea bass questionable. Pricey to say the least.
- Nice lunch spot overlooking PlazaHenriettaDined on 7/22/2014WE both had the Po' boys with the homemade chips. The chips were wonderful and the sandwich was very good. The bread kind of overwhelmed the oysters but good taste. The creme brulee was excellent. Restaurant only had a couple of other people sitting at the bar so we had it all to ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative menu, delicious fooddinindonDined on 7/12/2014First time we've been there for dinner with their Atlanta transplant chef. Never thought I'd like grits nor did my wife, but the shrimp with grits appetizer was delightful and my Sea Bass entree was perfect. Liked the grits so much we tried a brunch item with eggs and spinach the following morning and were equally impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!JosephRDined on 7/12/2014What a delight! We don't often go for the whole appetizer-to-desert experience but the hits on both wallet and waistline were well worth it! The she-crab soup was not like anything I had in Charleston (where I spent nearly 20 years) but it stands on its own against their best. I had the grilled Caesar salad. Only a transplanted southern boy can appreciate fried salad! and I especially appreciated the added anchovies. ! My wife had the Chaz salad, which was lovely. We opted for "named" mains - I the Steak Diane and she the Veal Oscar. We both like rare meat and both were done perfectly, the sauces and accompaniments excellent. Finished with the vanilla crème brûlée, which was - wait for it - perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Huge Thank YouRforEDined on 7/12/2014I reserved a table to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. It was our first time eating at Chaz, and the food was excellent. The best part about the whole experience, though, was the hostess knew it was a special occasion and placed us in an area where we could see the musicians play as well as a beautiful view outside. It made the experience that much better. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great food.EdwinVIPDined on 7/10/2014Both meals were superb and flavors delicate. Special request for food allergy handled without any problem.Special Features:
- ChazDennyDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I dined at Chaz and had a very quiet and enjoyable evening. The food was quite good and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and Servicekatsmom98VIPDined on 7/5/2014Our group of 7 had a fabulous time at Chaz! Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgable. We all loved our meals. The Beef Tenderloin was delicious, as was the She Crab soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014Food was average to below average....was not impressed with the presentation or the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Charming Evening!DeeDeeDined on 6/28/2014We went to Chaz on the Plaza to celebrate our anniversary. We have a wonderful meal and wonderful wine recommended by our waiter. We had requested a table by the window overlooking the Plaza and they accommodated us. Good wine, Great service and nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the ScallopsGetMeatDined on 6/28/2014Way too salty on the scallops. other dishes at our table were great - short ribs and Chilean sea bass really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMarcelVIPDined on 6/26/2014We've never had a bad meal. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Every single bite was absolutely delicious! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.