Chaz on the Plaza
325 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chaz on the Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chazontheplaza.com/
- Phone: (816) 802-2152
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 10:30 am;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 7:00 am - 2:00 pm,
Saturday & Sunday Jazz Brunch 10 am - 1 pm
Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Sunday Brunch 7:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm;
Friday - Saturday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm;
Sunday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles d' Ablaing
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The award-winning Chaz on the Plaza culinary team and wait staff service all banquet and catered events. Meeting and event planners may choose from customized menus that may included Chaz signature items or a chef menu designed to provide an upscale, restaurant quality dining experience at exceptional value.
- Private Party Facilities: Chaz on the Plaza is capable of hosting parties and groups up to 80 people. In addition, meeting planners may reserve the Plaza View Room for dinners and cocktail receptions of up to 50 or elegant dinners for 12 in the Blue Beacon Boardroom. The Plaza View Room offers beautiful views overlooking the Country Club Plaza. The Blue Beacon offers seating at an executive conference table with plush leather seats.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Kalina 816-997-9271x
- Entertainment: Chaz on the Plaza features renowned jazz artist Max Groove most every Wednesday and Friday. Chaz showcases a variety of composers and musicians who perform jazz, the music idiom that has grown up in Kansas City, classical, blues, rock and pop Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings. The Les Mengel Duo performs classical strings music Sunday evenings. Hours are Monday-Thursday 6 pm-10 pm; Friday-Saturday 7pm-11pm; Sunday 5pm-9pm.
- Special Events: Special dining experiences include weekly events such as Dinner for Two Tuesdays that offer three course dinner for two with a bottle of wine for $75 and Prime Time Sundays that feature choice of a three course prime rib or Atlantic salmon dinner as well as occasional
- Cross Street: Wornall
- Public Transit: Cab service to the door from anywhere in the city. The Main Street Max and The Metro offer pick-up and drop-off at multiple Country Club Plaza locations convenient to Chaz on the Plaza.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Choice of complimentary valet or private self-parking.
A word from Chaz on the Plaza
Chaz on the Plaza is an epicurean experience accented by chic, comfortable atmosphere and enhanced by modern regional American cuisine. Menus reflect the innovative souls of the culinary team offering a playful mix of styles and cuisines and a wine selection that is recipient of Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Live entertainment nightly features a variety of jazz, blues, classical, rock and pop from local musicians begins at 6 pm Monday-Thursday; 7 pm Friday-Saturday; and 5 pm on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chaz on the Plaza - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Chaz on the Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)romantic (68)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (36)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (14)good for groups (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a wonderful experience.44lunchDined on 11/23/2014Always a wonderful experience. Took friends from out of town on Sunday evening. They also loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBillDined on 11/17/2014My wife loves Chaz so I took her there for here birthday. The food was excellent and the service was great. My only issue is when I booked the reservation I made a table request and they could not fill the request. This is the third time I have made a table request at Chaz and the table was not available. I understand if the reservation was made before me, what I don't understand is why you are not notified before hand so you do not anticipate the table and are then disappointed when it is not available. You have to supply a phone number and an e-mail address when making the reservation so they have your contact information.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantDrJWDined on 11/14/2014We dine here every time we are in Kansas City. The food is just outstanding as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE BIRTHDAYPatsyDined on 11/13/2014I made reservations online, then called to verify. They had every detail just as I had requested when we arrived...quiet, warm booth. They gave us plenty of time and attention and made helpful suggestions with the menu. The food was good and presented well. It was a lovely birthday lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceQueenieDined on 11/9/2014I felt welcome as soon as I entered the door. The staff was knowledgable about food and wine; great recommendations. The service was timely. The food was superb!!! The decor and the ambiance of the restaurant transformed me to a private bistro in Europe. An excellent place for a romantic dinner and welcoming to groups. We were delighted with a 2 piece string ensemble that smoothed you during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaz on the PlazaGggggVIPDined on 11/8/2014One of Kansas City's gems. Beautiful ambience and live music. The food is outstanding and varied. From the minute you are greeted at the door by David who has been at Chaz very time I've ever been you are made to feel welcome. Always one of the best dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!earl1VIPDined on 11/8/2014We dined here for my husband's birthday. The CDP wine was great. My veal Oscar was fantastic. Soups were superb. We saved no room for dessert so cannot address that. Joshua, our server was sensational! We dine here frequently and always have a good experience.Special Features:
- Date NightdatenightDined on 11/8/2014This was for an overdue night out with no kids and not looking to fight crowds. The room was busy but the service staff attentive. I highly recommend the "Crab Cake" appetizer and steak medallions we had. There was live music in the bar area that was just the right noise level so as to enjoy and hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in the SaddleviolinguyDined on 11/1/2014After the end of my marriage, this was my date in 17 years. You can imagine how nervous I was, but wow - what a great restaurant. My dinner reservation was at 7:15, but we met there at 6:30 to have a drink first. The lounge was fantastic. Very intimate, and an interesting mix of patrons. Everything from well-heeled businessmen, to casually dressed couples. The live jazz was great, and not overwhelmingly loud. Super service in the lounge as well. After drinks we moved to the dining room, and the fantastic service continued. I had the Steak Dianne, and my date enjoyed the veal liver. Both were delicious, and the presentation was top-notch. Great service continued even after we had closed out tab and sat talking for over an hour.Special Features:
- Loved itHawkrewDined on 11/1/2014Best seafood I've had in Kansas City. And I've lived here for 32 years.Special Features:
- Excellent!LenaDined on 10/20/2014This was my husband's 70th birthday and we were treated like royalty. Three of our children joined us and we were comfortable in a large booth. We were able to talk freely and enjoy each other's company. Two of our children flew in that day from Wash. D. C. to surprise their Dad. It could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommenddigthispalceDined on 10/20/2014I have visited your location a number of times. I work for a management company and when the owners of the company come into town they insist on staying at the Raphael and dining at The Chaz. It is also my favorite place to come and listen to outdoor music now that you have started the music outside on the green.Special Features:
- Sourthern Food with KC StyleLarryVIPDined on 10/20/2014Once again, a great experience at Chaz. The sour cream fried chicken was delicious. The only miss was dessert...a small cake topped with small dab of gelato and dried oranges. The cake was too dry and the orange taste overwhelmed. Not bad just not the greatest. When I told the server dessert was just "OK", he removed it from the bill since this was my birthday celebration....and said, "Your birthday dinner should be perfect." What a wonderful gesture.Special Features:
- A must try!StogieDined on 10/16/2014This was my first dining experience with Chaz, but will certainly not be my last! Excellent steak and sides...service wonderful...staff very friendly, but not smothering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great service, relaxingTeachermariaDined on 10/14/2014Chaz is a delightful restaurant. Great for a special occasion or a romantic dinner. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very peaceful with relaxing live music. We went on a Tuesday night and enjoyed their $75 three course dinner for two that included wine and it was wonderful. The service is especially excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing shrimp and gritslittlegto67Dined on 10/12/2014The shrimp and grits here is pretty fantastic. I used to hate grits until I had these. The Veal Oscar was very good and the crab cake with the poached egg was wonderful but the salmon is frozen and was slightly over-cooked and had no sauce. They serve pretty large portions and it is a quiet restaurant with very good service. I think the appetizers are better than the main courses. They also have a decent and affordable wine list (there is a separate wine list with the very expensive bottles). We stayed at the hotel and ate at the restaurant and had some drinks at the bar, it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great food!MissJDined on 10/12/2014We ate here for breakfast. Lobster Benedict and Smoked Salmon Benedict. Excellent food!!Special Features:
- Nancy JoNancy55Dined on 10/11/2014This was the most amazing dinner my husband and I have ever had. Our dinner was absolutely over the top!!!! The sea bass was cooked to perfection and the rack of lamb was incredible . And then the asparagus with fresh Bearnaise. OMG If anyone is looking for a special occasion for a romantic dinner, this is it!!! We just can't say enough about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great weekend treasure!JmorrDined on 10/4/2014Chaz is a great spot for a weekend romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I dined at Chaz for a romantic date night and enjoyed the atmosphere. The restaurant was nicely lit, had great live jazz, and very cozy. The servers were very polite and accomodatingSpecial Features:
- We love Chaz!LouiseVIPDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful brunch, great view of the Plaza! We were there on Saturday, October 4th and had lobster benedict, which was truly fabulous. We also love to come to Chaz for a romantic dinner - try it during the holidays for a great view of the Plaza lights.Special Features:
- Take your chance at ChazSnoahDined on 9/29/2014Service was good, she-crab soup & veal dish just wasn't acceptable for a Plaza restaurant.😞Special Features:
- Kansas City Jewel!BestDogMollyVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is one of my husband's and my favorite places for a nice dinner out (and frequently there is jazz to listen to in the bar). They also did a 'bang up' job when I was there for a Sunday brunch with a large group of friends. The waiter took great care of us and without missing a beat was able to juggle the serving of some of the meals (and then the bills) as several people had to leave early. One of the women had two children who ate at a different section of the restaurant and they were well taken care of. All 8 of us had different entrees and they were wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful gatheringTravelin60sDined on 9/26/2014A group of friends who are planning our winter trip to the islands gathered in KC to finalize plans: first time at Chaz and it was perfect. The waiter knew just when to approach and the food was exceptional with a very, very unexpected low price!!! It was a great start to our next adventure!Special Features:
- ChazBERGRVIPDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed our brunch at Chaz on the Plaza so much that we are planning to make reservations for our family Christmas Eve dinner. Our party of four had the grits, omelets and the french toast. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaz is best for birthdays!finickyDined on 9/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner at Chaz! Our server, Doug, was attentive and timed everything perfectly, especially since we wanted a leisurely experience and our courses spaced out. Bit of a stumble on the cocktails, but the food was stellar and everything else was a complete delight. Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintQuaintDined on 9/19/2014Quaint with good food. Go ahead and order your own entre. The portions are appropriately sized for one person. Not the commonly found oversized portions for oversized people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent choice for our anniversary. Live the live music and very romantic. Only thing was the portions for the price are a little smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaz 3peterstorandtDined on 9/13/2014Our third visit was as expected-relaxing, delicious, and familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Chaz!jromahaDined on 9/13/2014Chaz is the best restaurant in Kansas City! The food, the service and the atmosphere are perfect and my family and I make it a point to have dinner here every time we visit KC. We had the opportunity to try their new menu, and it was fantastic. Try the short ribs!Special Features:
- SwannDined on 9/13/2014It was a special occasion for my daughter-in-law--her 45th birthday; we, all 5 of us, really liked the attention. the 16 & 13 yr olds were awed, they thought it was exceptionally fancy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for an occasional brunchChowopsDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Chaz. We went based on the reviews that I read. I'm really not one for hotel restaurants but it sounded like it could be romantic and brunch isn't something that we do ever and we wanted to try something different. It was definitely romantic and the staff treated us very well. The place was practically empty, but it was a gorgeous day outside and the Plaza area in Kansas City is pretty popular. Unfortunately, the food wasn't that great. I can't remember the name of the sandwich, but that's what I had which came with "Chips" that had an old oil taste. My wife had an omelet of some kind that wasn't anything special. Bottom line, my wife and I were together and that made up for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerChuckDined on 9/6/2014It was a great experience. I asked around to find a nice place to take my girlfriend for her birthday and I was given great advice. The servers were all very polite, as were other patrons. The food was outstanding. I cannot say one aspect of the experience outweighed any other.Special Features:
- Good but ribs not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The service was good, and the wine list was impeccable. However, the short braised ribs were a bit dry and chewy.Special Features:
- Great Up Scale Restaurantwhere2dineDined on 9/5/2014Great menu choices beginning with appetizers, soups and salads to the main course of steak and seafood. Good wine list and other bar drinks. The food was properly prepared as requested with excellent presentation. Great desserts to choose from and various specialty coffees and ice wine. The service was absolutely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate here on a Friday night. The bar was pretty noisy when we arrived, but quieted down. We each had the Chaz salad, which we liked. Our different steak dishes were tender and flavorful. His had quite a bit of crab with the steak. Our desserts were very good. I had the green tea tart and he had the chocolate dessert. They have some pretty interesting wines on their list. The service is always excellent and they have valet parking. Prices make it kind of a splurge for us, but we always enjoy it.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 9/3/2014good food at good prices. Wine prices are getting a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxing & enjoyable night outCharlieDined on 8/30/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Chaz. It was our first time eating here since moving to the area 2 months ago. Food was excellent, difficult to finally decide on a final selection. We shared two apps before our dinner so dessert was out of the question. I expect we will visit Chaz again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomthornVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food and service but the noise level from the lounge can be distracting. If you want to have a conversation, get a table on the lower level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTimDVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love having special dinners at Chaz. The food is outstanding - I highly recommend the filet, fried green tomatoes, and the calamari were all delicious this time. Especially enjoy the buy one get one coupons for birthdays & special events! Never disappoints. High quality ingredients, great flavors, and we absolutely love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.