Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
3545 Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chayolv.com/
- Phone: 7026913773x
- Hours of Operation:
Service Daily: 11:00am - Late Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ernesto Zendejas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJs nightly and our house mascot, Chayo, our mechanical bull!
A word from Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
Prepare your senses for a fusion of flavors that reaches into the heart of Mexico. Our Kitchen and Tequila Bar offers hand selected ingredients, which are designed to intrigue each of your senses. The only thing with more "bite" than Chayo’s Cuisine is the selection of tequilas. Chef Ernesto Zendejas studied the craft of cooking with prestigious chefs and culinary institutes, so that he could perfect Mexican dishes that speak to his hometown, Mexico City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (5)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Disinterested service. OverpricedIeatoutalotVIPDined on 10/23/2014Title says it all overpriced even for vegas. Waiter wanted to be elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!! Modern Mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Been living here for 15 years and this is my first pleasant surprise in about 7. Made a reservation to take my 5 year old daughter after we rode the High Roller. She is already a regular at Del Frisco's, a couple restaurants at the Four Seasons and goes every where we go. This place is amazing for adults, super chic Mexican, beautifully decorated and fun!! They have a mechanical bull, a great wine list & good options for champagne. It is an adult scene for sure; but kids are welcome and she loved the city experience with all the excitement. Outstanding service!! Our server was Gustavo, he treated us as well as the groups w/out kids sitting by us. Fast seating w/ reservation. DELICIOUS Mexican FOOD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time wasn't as goodCtunesDined on 10/22/2014This was our 2nd time to Chayo. The first time the food was wonderful, but this past time we had a different experience. The food wasn't great. The good thing is that the restaurant is in a great location.Special Features:
- Gross foodVegasluverDined on 10/3/2014The place was cool, nice. But the food in the other hand.. Ordered carnitas tacos (pretty basic Mexican food) very overpriced and not at all tasty.Special Features:
- Will come back again!CaraLelaniaDined on 9/15/2014My first time here, and we loved it. Everyone was so nice and the food was amazing. I loved the design of the restaurant too! Would certainly come back. All of the hostesses we super accommodating and helpful as we were running late for our reservation. :)Special Features:
- Rude/unprofessionalbuyerDined on 9/12/2014Manager Jason was rude, we went expecially for a sampler special and told us it was a mis-print. We left and he asked were we were from and made sarcastic remark s about it. Posted review also on facebook.Special Features:
- mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014my husband and I ordered the ribeye fajitas, because we were hungry. It was basically a ribeye soaked in tomato sauce. We were disappointed. The food is overpriced. The margaritas were good tough.
- Great versions of old classicsJamieDined on 9/5/2014Vibrant place in the Linq with really great food. I had enchiladas which we're amazing. There's even a mechanical bull in the centre if the place if you fancy having a go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Hits but Mostly MissesJulieVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you want tasty lobster tacos (tapas size) go here, if you like sweet margarita's go here, if you like fresh made guacamole definitely go here, and really hot salsa come here. I didn't care for the margarita's at all as I prefer a more tart flavor as did most of my group. However one of the gals liked it so it depends what your preference is. One gal order a mojito and said barely any mint flavor, or alcohol. The waitress did take it off our bill though. Don't order the ceviche its awful! Overall so-so food.Special Features:
- WorldTravelerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fresh guac was very good. The lobster tacos were excellent as was cilantro cream soup. Wait staff were very efficient. The outdoor terrace was great for people watching in the Linq.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!JewelVIPDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food, service, and environment. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Very Noisy PlaceAllingoodtasteDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant was clean, spacious but very, very loud for an older couple. Staff were polite but could not provide a "quiet spot."Food was adequate but everything was al a carte.Special Features:
- Too many restrictionsDiWaDined on 8/17/2014We couldn't get the fish tacos grilled they had to be deep-fried. Could not get shrimp tacos. And had to pick the three soft tacos all in the same flavor. The salsa was bright red and watery. The pork rinds did not make sense. And the poor for the glass of wine was so small and over priced. Wouldn't go back. Bad music.Special Features:
- Not bad, but not great.VegasladygagaDined on 8/8/2014The food quality was fine, but not for the price. It was incredibly loud, as if you were eating in a night club. This is a great place for group tourists like bachelor parties or corporate guys grabbing dinner.Special Features:
- Great food!HappydinerDined on 8/7/2014Went a second time two days later! The food is great. A little pricey but worth it. The ambience is perfect. They have single dishes and platters that you can share. Sits right on the Linq so that you can people watch. The staff gives great customer service. The desserts are worth saving room for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunchKK26VIPDined on 7/17/2014There are a lot of solid options for food and drink at the Linq and this was just that - solid. Having to pay for chips and salsa is a little strange, but they were good. There wasn't much of a crowd for lunch which was nice. The carnitas tacos were good but not great, lacked seasoning. The chicken enchiladas were good, though. And the side item of chipotle corn on the cob was the highlight.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.veggieluverDined on 7/15/2014We were not sure what to expect because the reviews for service and food quality were not encouraging. We were very pleasantly surprised because we had a great experience. Service was great and so was the vegetarian food that we had. It pays to try yourself rather than relying only on reviews by others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st BDayCUGRZDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time celebrating our son's 21st BDay with a group ... great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVegasVacayDined on 7/12/2014Great margaritas, fantastic chips and salsa, and the entrees were wonderful. It's located in a new and fun area of the strip with patio seating and large tables inside that are great for groups. There is a mechanical bull that seems a bit out of place, but provided an entertaining distraction when it was put to use. The servers were very attentive. It was a hit with everyone in our party!Special Features:
- OutstandingCalbearalumniDined on 7/12/2014Made reservations for my sisters bachelorette dinner without ever being here. I was very pleased with everything about this place. It was fun, cool, and the food was AMAZING!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Very good food, drinks, service, and vibe. Worth going to again and again.Special Features:
- ttownfoodieDined on 6/27/2014The bull was a hit! So much fun! Food was great and reasonably priced! Drinks were really good too!Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were a table of 6 and all of us kept commenting on how great the service was! The food was delicious and fun! The portions were enough that we should have ordered much less and shared more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Food leaves a lot to be desired. They need to stay with traditional Mexican. They try too hardSpecial Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar reviews archive.
- Poor service of good foodFeedMeGoodDined on 6/15/2014I took my family to Chayo on Father's Day, since my father loves Mexican food. It was a very windy day, they were seating guests on the patio and just ignoring the fact that food was flying off the tables. We ordered drinks, the wine was poorly served and a "virgin" piña colada was served with a double dose of rum. We had to ask for silverware and appetizer plates. The food was surprisingly good but definitely overshadowed by the poor service. The food gives this place potential to be a success, only if they can get the service up to par.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChowtimeDined on 6/14/2014Great food and drinks. Indoor and outdoor seating available, with a view to The Linq and High Roller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Kt123456Dined on 6/7/2014The ambiance is fantastic and it has a really cool, relaxed vibe. Our food was fantastic and the drinks were great, just a little expensive. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkSaraBellaDined on 6/7/2014I went to Chayo for my birthday dinner with 9 of my girlfriends. It is located in the linq Las Vegas and was pretty easy to get to. The food was just ok, and I thought it was over priced for what you got. Our server seemed nervous but was very nice and helpful as he explained the menu items to our party. The hostess staff is the reason for the two star review. They were very unfriendly and not at all helpful. Overall I would probably not visit this one again.Special Features:
- Chayo @ The LinqNotsochayoDined on 5/11/2014I have been here once before close to opening weekend. The experience was good. This time it was average. We sat at our table had to ask 2x for set ups ( napkins plates silverware) asked for salsa never brought it. Wine servings are a joke. The food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and improved service!Daniel702Dined on 5/10/2014Last time we were here, the service was horrendous. This time, it was excellent and the food--great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere & foodGoodlife2Dined on 5/8/2014Chayo is located in The Linq, which is a new outdoor retail complex on the strip. They have a really nice outdoor patio & the space inside is really cool. Not you usual Mexican restaurant decor. They had a DJ playing when we were there. They also have a mechanical bull in the middle of the room which was entertaining to say the least. We had great service & the food was really good. The chicken enchiladas were to die for & the Don margarita were strong & tasty. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great add to the linq!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014The linq project turned out really great and different especially for the strip. Chayo is one of the great spots located within the mall. The food was very different when it comes to Las Vegas Spanish food. Had a slight modern twist to it. Loved the margaritas and the fajitas ! Our server was attentive and did a great job unfortunately I can't remember his name, but I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014We had a bachelorette party of 8 on Saturday night. The food was unique and delicious and the drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/ Questionable ServiceDaniel702Dined on 4/26/2014The food at this place is awesome. The service needs a facelift. Our server was a complete airhead as she forgot what we wanted on numerous occasions, did not refill drinks and served our appetizers before even taking our meal orders. We were able to place our food order after we were finished eating the appetizers. I would go back, though for the food and ambiance as these were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehVegasGalDined on 4/26/2014This is the second time I've been to Chayo and both times I've had horrible service. We ordered drinks and it was about 20 mins before our order was finally taken for a party of 7. Once the food came out the waitress forgot to put two orders in and everyone finished their meals before the other two were even brought out. Once we were ready to leave because we had a concert to go to their systems were down and the waitress was completely unapologetic and rude when we asked to speak to a manager because we were in a time crunch. I won't be returning... its too bad because the food is actually tasty.
- Really funTacotimeDined on 4/25/2014Great food! Great service! The mechanical bull is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceTravelFoodieDined on 4/25/2014Arrived and was seated right away. It was about 15 minutes before we saw a waitress. She took our drink order and entrees. We received our entrees after a half hr wait and the worst part we hadn't even received our drinks by the time the food came. Apparently there was a large party and the resturant thought that was an acceptable response.
- Tourist trapSteeler1Dined on 4/25/2014Felt sorry for the waitress who was given more tables than she could handle. Drinks took forever, nobody ever came back to ask if we needed more water; cocktails, etc. we had to ask for chips and salsa twice. A group of about 50 people walked in, which I felt was not appropriate for dining...it would have been fine if it were for a reception, but it was definitely not. The waitress excused the kitchen staff as they were so busy trying to handle the 50 or so that walked in. Looks like they had come of a tour bus, not sure. The drinks were watered down and expensive. The food was average, but $14 for 3 "street tacos" seemed outlandish...no beans, no rice. Didn't care at all for the "twist" on Mexican food.
- Very dissapointingToniDined on 4/24/2014This would be a place I would only recommend for drinking. The mexican food was "ok" at best and several of us had the ahi tuna dish and on all 3 plates, the tuna was frozen in the middle and raw. The Mahi fish was bland and cold also. There were many serevice/staff people that were there but service was lacking. We had to ask for our wine 5 times and when it came was the wrong bottle and by the time they brought the bottle back, everyone was done eating and ready to go. disappointing.Special Features:
- Just OKflyingvDined on 4/23/2014It's a neat new place within the new Linq area. They had some good authentic Mexican dishes but nothing to rave about. The margarita was $13 and very small and bland. It has strip prices for average service. Not a bad place, but I expected a bit more.Special Features: