Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
3545 Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://chayolv.com/
- Phone: 7026913773x
- Hours of Operation:
Service Daily: 11:00am - Late Night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ernesto Zendejas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJs nightly and our house mascot, Chayo, our mechanical bull!
A word from Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
Prepare your senses for a fusion of flavors that reaches into the heart of Mexico. Our Kitchen and Tequila Bar offers hand selected ingredients, which are designed to intrigue each of your senses. The only thing with more "bite" than Chayo’s Cuisine is the selection of tequilas. Chef Ernesto Zendejas studied the craft of cooking with prestigious chefs and culinary institutes, so that he could perfect Mexican dishes that speak to his hometown, Mexico City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)special occasion (9)scenic view (8)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)Show More
- WorldTravelerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fresh guac was very good. The lobster tacos were excellent as was cilantro cream soup. Wait staff were very efficient. The outdoor terrace was great for people watching in the Linq.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!JewelVIPDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food, service, and environment. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Very Noisy PlaceAllingoodtasteDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant was clean, spacious but very, very loud for an older couple. Staff were polite but could not provide a "quiet spot."Food was adequate but everything was al a carte.Special Features:
- Too many restrictionsDiWaDined on 8/17/2014We couldn't get the fish tacos grilled they had to be deep-fried. Could not get shrimp tacos. And had to pick the three soft tacos all in the same flavor. The salsa was bright red and watery. The pork rinds did not make sense. And the poor for the glass of wine was so small and over priced. Wouldn't go back. Bad music.Special Features:
- Not bad, but not great.VegasladygagaDined on 8/8/2014The food quality was fine, but not for the price. It was incredibly loud, as if you were eating in a night club. This is a great place for group tourists like bachelor parties or corporate guys grabbing dinner.Special Features:
- Great food!HappydinerDined on 8/7/2014Went a second time two days later! The food is great. A little pricey but worth it. The ambience is perfect. They have single dishes and platters that you can share. Sits right on the Linq so that you can people watch. The staff gives great customer service. The desserts are worth saving room for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunchKK26VIPDined on 7/17/2014There are a lot of solid options for food and drink at the Linq and this was just that - solid. Having to pay for chips and salsa is a little strange, but they were good. There wasn't much of a crowd for lunch which was nice. The carnitas tacos were good but not great, lacked seasoning. The chicken enchiladas were good, though. And the side item of chipotle corn on the cob was the highlight.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.veggieluverDined on 7/15/2014We were not sure what to expect because the reviews for service and food quality were not encouraging. We were very pleasantly surprised because we had a great experience. Service was great and so was the vegetarian food that we had. It pays to try yourself rather than relying only on reviews by others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st BDayCUGRZDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time celebrating our son's 21st BDay with a group ... great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVegasVacayDined on 7/12/2014Great margaritas, fantastic chips and salsa, and the entrees were wonderful. It's located in a new and fun area of the strip with patio seating and large tables inside that are great for groups. There is a mechanical bull that seems a bit out of place, but provided an entertaining distraction when it was put to use. The servers were very attentive. It was a hit with everyone in our party!Special Features:
- OutstandingCalbearalumniDined on 7/12/2014Made reservations for my sisters bachelorette dinner without ever being here. I was very pleased with everything about this place. It was fun, cool, and the food was AMAZING!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Very good food, drinks, service, and vibe. Worth going to again and again.Special Features:
- ttownfoodieDined on 6/27/2014The bull was a hit! So much fun! Food was great and reasonably priced! Drinks were really good too!Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were a table of 6 and all of us kept commenting on how great the service was! The food was delicious and fun! The portions were enough that we should have ordered much less and shared more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Food leaves a lot to be desired. They need to stay with traditional Mexican. They try too hardSpecial Features:
- Poor service of good foodFeedMeGoodDined on 6/15/2014I took my family to Chayo on Father's Day, since my father loves Mexican food. It was a very windy day, they were seating guests on the patio and just ignoring the fact that food was flying off the tables. We ordered drinks, the wine was poorly served and a "virgin" piña colada was served with a double dose of rum. We had to ask for silverware and appetizer plates. The food was surprisingly good but definitely overshadowed by the poor service. The food gives this place potential to be a success, only if they can get the service up to par.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousChowtimeDined on 6/14/2014Great food and drinks. Indoor and outdoor seating available, with a view to The Linq and High Roller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Kt123456Dined on 6/7/2014The ambiance is fantastic and it has a really cool, relaxed vibe. Our food was fantastic and the drinks were great, just a little expensive. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkSaraBellaDined on 6/7/2014I went to Chayo for my birthday dinner with 9 of my girlfriends. It is located in the linq Las Vegas and was pretty easy to get to. The food was just ok, and I thought it was over priced for what you got. Our server seemed nervous but was very nice and helpful as he explained the menu items to our party. The hostess staff is the reason for the two star review. They were very unfriendly and not at all helpful. Overall I would probably not visit this one again.Special Features:
- Chayo @ The LinqNotsochayoDined on 5/11/2014I have been here once before close to opening weekend. The experience was good. This time it was average. We sat at our table had to ask 2x for set ups ( napkins plates silverware) asked for salsa never brought it. Wine servings are a joke. The food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and improved service!Daniel702Dined on 5/10/2014Last time we were here, the service was horrendous. This time, it was excellent and the food--great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere & foodGoodlife2Dined on 5/8/2014Chayo is located in The Linq, which is a new outdoor retail complex on the strip. They have a really nice outdoor patio & the space inside is really cool. Not you usual Mexican restaurant decor. They had a DJ playing when we were there. They also have a mechanical bull in the middle of the room which was entertaining to say the least. We had great service & the food was really good. The chicken enchiladas were to die for & the Don margarita were strong & tasty. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar reviews archive.
- Great add to the linq!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014The linq project turned out really great and different especially for the strip. Chayo is one of the great spots located within the mall. The food was very different when it comes to Las Vegas Spanish food. Had a slight modern twist to it. Loved the margaritas and the fajitas ! Our server was attentive and did a great job unfortunately I can't remember his name, but I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014We had a bachelorette party of 8 on Saturday night. The food was unique and delicious and the drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/ Questionable ServiceDaniel702Dined on 4/26/2014The food at this place is awesome. The service needs a facelift. Our server was a complete airhead as she forgot what we wanted on numerous occasions, did not refill drinks and served our appetizers before even taking our meal orders. We were able to place our food order after we were finished eating the appetizers. I would go back, though for the food and ambiance as these were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehVegasGalDined on 4/26/2014This is the second time I've been to Chayo and both times I've had horrible service. We ordered drinks and it was about 20 mins before our order was finally taken for a party of 7. Once the food came out the waitress forgot to put two orders in and everyone finished their meals before the other two were even brought out. Once we were ready to leave because we had a concert to go to their systems were down and the waitress was completely unapologetic and rude when we asked to speak to a manager because we were in a time crunch. I won't be returning... its too bad because the food is actually tasty.
- Really funTacotimeDined on 4/25/2014Great food! Great service! The mechanical bull is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceTravelFoodieDined on 4/25/2014Arrived and was seated right away. It was about 15 minutes before we saw a waitress. She took our drink order and entrees. We received our entrees after a half hr wait and the worst part we hadn't even received our drinks by the time the food came. Apparently there was a large party and the resturant thought that was an acceptable response.
- Tourist trapSteeler1Dined on 4/25/2014Felt sorry for the waitress who was given more tables than she could handle. Drinks took forever, nobody ever came back to ask if we needed more water; cocktails, etc. we had to ask for chips and salsa twice. A group of about 50 people walked in, which I felt was not appropriate for dining...it would have been fine if it were for a reception, but it was definitely not. The waitress excused the kitchen staff as they were so busy trying to handle the 50 or so that walked in. Looks like they had come of a tour bus, not sure. The drinks were watered down and expensive. The food was average, but $14 for 3 "street tacos" seemed outlandish...no beans, no rice. Didn't care at all for the "twist" on Mexican food.
- Very dissapointingToniDined on 4/24/2014This would be a place I would only recommend for drinking. The mexican food was "ok" at best and several of us had the ahi tuna dish and on all 3 plates, the tuna was frozen in the middle and raw. The Mahi fish was bland and cold also. There were many serevice/staff people that were there but service was lacking. We had to ask for our wine 5 times and when it came was the wrong bottle and by the time they brought the bottle back, everyone was done eating and ready to go. disappointing.Special Features:
- Just OKflyingvDined on 4/23/2014It's a neat new place within the new Linq area. They had some good authentic Mexican dishes but nothing to rave about. The margarita was $13 and very small and bland. It has strip prices for average service. Not a bad place, but I expected a bit more.Special Features:
- Food and Service were not goodfoodloverDined on 4/19/2014I know there are growing pains....but that was not what happened here We did not enjoy ourselves at this restaurant. The waiter was friendly..... but very awkward and not really that helpful. He did not do a good job of describing the menu OR letting us know that we needed to order sides... that would have been nice. My steak was burned and not worth the $32 My husband had the smallest pork tenderloin possible. Not worth the money you have to pay here. While in La Vegas we ate at MANY high end restaurants so this review is not without comparison to other similarly priced restaurants.
- So Fun!CharlieDined on 4/18/2014Came here on date night with BF. Sat around the bull, figured it would be fun to watch the people ride, and it was close to the bar. Mallory was our server and fantastic. We ordered a Pancho villa and the office for drinks, sooo good and different. For dinner we had chicken enchiladas, very tasty with mole sauce...YUM! and the ahi tuna, also very good. Once dinner was over we moved to the bar. The vibe was so fun and great music. We ended up trying two tequila flights recommended by the bartender...we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what the name impliesAnnieDined on 4/14/2014If the restaurant touts that it is a "tequila bar" then why is a cilantro infused Patron the ONLY flavored tequila available for shots? Food was good. Waiter had three small tables and was in the weeds!
- Good food, but too expensiveShannonllDined on 4/12/2014The food was good, but the menus do not include all the components of each item and the portion to price is way out of whack. They are definitely making WAY more than the 30% profit that most restaurants operate on. Our server could have been available more and really the only word for him was "weird." However the bussers and food runners were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately, I would rather go somewhere with cheaper and better Mexican food.Special Features:
- Poorly Run MistakeHcopenVIPDined on 4/6/2014I have never seen so many plates of food delivered to the wrong tables at multiple times on a slow Sunday night…. The food we got was cold. Will not be going back - Good luck. Oh great views though.Special Features:
- Place needs to figure things outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Apps were dropped with entrees. We didn't receive chips and salsa until after we received our entree. The only reason they dropped chips and salsa was because we asked for hot sauce ( the food is bland). When we asked for hot sauce they waiter returned with salsa and suggested we use that to spice up our food. This place is amatuer!Special Features:
- A hidden and amazing find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014What a great find, and it's just a turn off the strip! Outdoor seating is in the heart of a cobblestone walkway to people watch. The indoor ambiance is a darker setting with nice decor. The food is amazing!! The menu isn't huge, but I like that. It's easier to decide that way. Our waiter was extremely nice.. Just can tell they're working out the kinks of the system with this being a new restaurant. We have already been twice and it just opened! It's a gem off the strip!! Oh, and the unique margaritas make it that much more fun!Special Features:
- It's a barKc816VIPDined on 3/22/2014The food is actually pretty good for Vegas strip Mexican food but it's really just a bar in the evenings....super loud. Which is fine for some situations like a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican Fare at LinqJMacVIPDined on 3/19/2014Great find at the new Linq project between Flamingo and The Quad (former Imperial Palace). Get a sampling of the appetizers to try a variety of their tacos, tostadas and other mexican favorites. Nice prepared with some interesting combinations.Special Features: