110 Navy Street
Venice, CA 90291Neighborhood:
EurasianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechaya.com/
- Phone: 3103961179
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner Monday-Thursday: 6:00pm-10:30pm; Dinner Friday-Saturday: 6:00pm-11:00pm; Dinner Sunday: 6:00pm-10:00pm; Late Supper Served: Monday-Thursday: 10:30pm-11:30pm; Friday-Saturday: 11:00pm-Midnight; HAPPY HOUR 7-DAYS A WEEK 5PM-CLOSE!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eurasian
- Executive Chef: Shigefumi Tachibe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Full-Service Catering at Your Location or Special Event Planning here at the Restaurant. We offer quality food in a professional manner that will impress all, for any size party.
- Private Party Facilities: Onsite or not we will cater to your needs. Restaurant buyouts are available with advanced notice.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Becker 3103961179
- Entertainment: TV in the Bar/Lounge
A word from Chaya Venice
CHAYA Venice is located in the heart of the Venice beach community and imparts a neighborly feel to diners. A well-loved dining destination for 22 years, Executive Corporate Chef Shigefumi Tachibe creates innovative cuisine that blends European and Asian flavors. A lively and comfortable atmosphere, the spacious dining room features high ceilings that draw attention to the dramatic hand-painted Japanese-inspired mural overhead. Expansive windows allow diners to have a full view of Main Street. From a variety of Euro-Asian dishes to a full sushi bar and full service bar, there’s something for everyone at CHAYA Venice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Chaya Venice - Best Restaurants in Venice ›
Chaya Venice reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)vibrant bar scene (53)special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (39)hot spot (35)romantic (26)great for lunch (25)late-night find (18)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fantastic food & ambiance!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014I love their Garlic Fair menu and beer selection^^. Chaya never disappoints me!!!Special Features:
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014A little loud. Only "complaint" . Every else was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodDined on 8/28/2014I like Asian fusion and there were a lot of things on the menu that I couldn't decide between. I was thinking of the wagyu beef and because the waitress recommended it highly I chose that Unfortunately it was not that great. The presentation of it in the small box was bad - it would have been better laid out flat on a plate instead of all piled on top of the rice in the box. My spouse did enjoy the beef-wrapped scallops. I don't think I'd go back though because I didn't think the wagyu beef was that great for $30+. Maybe if I tried one of my other choices I would have a better impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaya Venice still going strongSusanDined on 8/28/2014I hadn't been to Chaya Venice since I moved away from the beach. I usually go the Chaya on Alden. But I have to say the food was fabulous. My friend and I had a hard time deciding what to eat. Everything looked wonderful. If it wasn't inappropriate, I probably would have licked my plate. I had the NE clam chowder which was yummy (and not too many potatoes) and the glazed Cod which was beautiful. I was in heaven. My friend had the Korean beef bowl (spicy) but she also thought it was delicious. I will definitely be back here more than the 20 years it took me to get back. The wait server was friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and came back often to make sure we were taken care of. All in all -- FABULOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatJohnDined on 8/27/2014This time we went for the Garlic celebration, but we've been other times, and the food, service and atmosphere are always wonderful.Special Features:
- BUBBOVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very nice meal - well presented - good wait staff.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchSandyjkVIPDined on 8/26/2014Mostly this was a delicious lovely birthday lunch. One member of our party tried to get a salad of raw veggies and was given a bowl of greens with a few slices of avocado. She, once again, requested more veggies and finally got a few tomatoes and some cucumber slices. This is really unacceptable as they have the ingredients on other dishes on the menu. The service was mixed. A bit disappointing this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service always amazing!amkagDined on 8/23/2014This was not our first time at Chaya, but each time we visit, we're always blown away. Every item on the menu is simply amazing, and our server Jules is a doll. She was engaging, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu - we loved her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair, nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Took my girlfriend (who is obsessed with garlic) to Chaya's garlic fest this month. She ordered the steak with 40 garlic cloves and I ordered the branzino (sea bass). Sadly, neither dish stood out as anything more than average. The steak was of moderate quality and seasoned "Safely." The garlic cloves were plentiful but overcooked. The Sea Bass was better, with a crispy skin on it, but it didn't taste flavorful and was cooked all the way through. Additionally, the accompanying vegetables on both dishes were clearly an afterthought. The best part of the meal was the crusty bread and the olive rosemary tapenade at the beginning. For the price, steer clear.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Fine food but nothing special. Overpriced for what we got.
- No to sushi bar, regular menu greatNedFeedDined on 8/2/2014Don't go here to est sushi, it is sub standard. Main menu is great. Packed on a sat nite so make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Lunchfour2itusVIPDined on 7/29/2014Had a wonderful lunch today with my pal. She had a delicious grilled king salmon salad (with grilled asparagus spears and goat cheese) and I had a spicy Ahi tuna burger on a brioche bun with a Caesar salad side. Food was well prepared, nicely presented and delicious. Portions were generous. Waitstaff were helpful and not overly obsequious. The room was perfect for a lunchtime conversation. No shouting necessary. Enjoyed our meals and the ambiance. Validated parking underneath.Special Features:
- DineLAKat123Dined on 7/25/2014We tried the DineLA menu. It was amazing. I really want to go again soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiLuisaDined on 7/25/2014The food, service and ambience were wonderful. I have been to all the Chayas including San Francisco and I have never been disappointed. Chaya Venice is as good as the first Chaya Brasserie in West Hollywood. My appetizer of grilled shrimp with quinoa and corn was very tasty. My favorite is the lobster and beef roll.Special Features:
- Disappointed.Where2nextDined on 7/23/2014I decided to try Chaya durning dineLA week excited about a creative and unique meal the chef would have the opportunity to presets. What a huge disappointment. I walked away feeling they just wanted to take advantage of the customer, charge $45 for a really basic meal. The ingredients were subpar and the flavors OK. Nothing to write home about. I feel like I would have gotten the same meal at a local Whole Foods food counter and paid 1/3 of the price - grilled salmon, wasabi potatoes, sherbet. It's really too bad. Chaya missed an opportunity to really showcase their passion for great food which I've heard they had.
- Always deliversTheDezVIPDined on 7/22/2014I've been going to Chaya for over 20 years and it always is great. Great to take clients and always has the freshest fish and is great for anyone who doesn't like fish. Great service and unique dishes. When I'm back in Santa Monica I will certainly make a point to returnSpecial Features:
- Still GreatSchincatDined on 7/20/2014A wonderful place that somehow feels like it is in Europe or some exotic locale. Service is top notch. It is a comfortable restaurant with great energy but yet not too loud.Special Features:
- Love Love Love Chaya Venice!PionsoirVIPDined on 7/18/2014What can I say other than every time I go to Chaya, I have a wonderful time! Great food and fantastic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.AiAi13VIPDined on 7/17/2014Service sucks, waitress did not even bother to come back and check on us. Paella, so-so. Will not come back!!
- Dine LA menuFlavDined on 7/16/2014There were 2 dessserts and both of them were terrible. The toffee pudding was not toffee pudding at all and the flourless chocolate cake was dry and tasteless. Very dissapointing.
- BruceVIPDined on 7/14/2014Love that the waiters and waitresses have all been there for years and years. Food is always fantastic and the service is impeccable. It is a busy and fairly load fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Mix up about our booking initailly which they could not find even though I received proof email. Sushi was great though bit pricey. Staff very good.Special Features:
- Dinner with friends!Del1c1ousDined on 7/5/2014Great spot for happy hour or dinner with friends. Food was pretty good. We got the soy glazed cod and the lamb burger special. Both were delicious! A little pricy but hey it's Venice.Special Features:
- Good every TimeGr8dinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014The service is always excellent from the time walking in the door until leaving following a wonderful meal. The salmon and sea scallops are recommended. Even harder to pass up is Chaya's desserts.Special Features:
- Wine Half Off on Tuesdays!mesmVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have written many good reviews about this wonderful restaurant. This time I focus on the wine because at one-half off the wine list price, one is able to try new and "newly affordable" examples from the list. Our waiter, Josh, was as knowledgeable and helpful as ever, and led us to great choices. Food continues to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDiningoutDined on 6/28/2014Really enjoyed the food here, especially the very salad and cod! Ambience is lively and yet not too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening ruinedRestocritic315Dined on 6/27/2014When reserved advised it was our 40th wedding anniversary. When we arrived were seated by bathrooms at back of restaurant. When asked for another table was advised none available. Place was only 1/2 full at the time. Server was incompetent. When asked a question about champagnes she did not know answer. We ordered a bottle. When served we were given warm glasses, obviously just out of dishwasher. When I told her she said she would get some ice. Never did. Never poured our wine. Sorry, unacceptable. Appetizer ok. Main courses just ok. No desert. No acknowledgement that it was our anniversary, which would have been nice. Have been there often in the past. Will NEVER go back.
- Night at Chaya Veniceeelmo70Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food. The wait staff was competent. We arrived early for our reservation and staff graciously seated us right away.Special Features:
- Disappointingbutter62VIPDined on 6/14/2014Had our first bad meal/experience here last weekend. Cocktails were almost lukewarm, crab in sushi was almost nonexistent and falling apart, order came out with wedge potatoes instead of fries as requested, waitress indifferent. Will not be going back.
- Great experience!Stunt999Dined on 6/11/2014Very professional and attentive wait staff and hostess. Food choices and quality is amazing! My date loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE ChayaILuvFoodDined on 6/10/2014I came here for my graduation dinner. I had the steak and my friend had the halibut Oh Emm Geee, both amazing dishes. Chaya, you never fail me. Previously, I made reservations for my mom's birthday and had family and friends join. Again, everything about this place went perfect. Never a complaint with Chaya's food, ambiance, waiters...etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BohoChicVIPDined on 6/6/2014Service can be pretty slow, especially for cocktails. The energy and attitude of staff has gotten much better (more welcoming and positive).Special Features:
- Great for late nightChrisDVIPDined on 6/3/2014Had a great meal at 10pm which is practically unheard of since places close earlier. Excellent pasta and salad and drinks. Service lacking a little but it might have just been the vibe of the place.Special Features:
- Consistency is the keyPACERMANLAVIPDined on 6/1/2014With the many visits, we have never been disappointed. The service, food preparation, presentation and quality have always top notch. This visit was no exception. We truly enjoyed our dinner and our server was terrific. An enjoyable evening was experienced by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy, classy, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Two words: lobster enchiladas. I don't know why these enchiladas are listed as a "starter" . . . maybe because once you start eating them, you can't stop! The sweet potato fries were crispy, beet salad was delightful and the beautiful ambiance is a winner. I've been to Chaya before and will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch with the girls!xnflchickDined on 5/28/2014Black Cod was delicious! Went with 5 girls and it turned out to be a boozy lunch... they have great cocktails! Our food was delicious and there was something for both the carnivores and the vegans at the table. Easy parking and a nice beach location. I have also been there for dinner. Very lively bar scene and great for fun occasions.Special Features:
- Always a great party!SantaMonicaBeerGuyVIPDined on 5/27/2014Chaya Venice is always like attending a great party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoohDined on 5/27/2014Great sushi selections, fresh fish, all in all great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great, versatile menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2014Went late on a Saturday night and the place was alive. My date and I had drinks, sushi and the oysters rockefeller. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regulars onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014Don't expect great service unless you frequent the place and don't even think about bringing kids - even teenagers.Special Features: