Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills
8741 Alden Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
EurasianPrice: $31 to $50
Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechaya.com/
- Phone: 3108598833x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon – Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Mon - Sat 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sun. 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar, Lounge, & Patio: Mon - Sun 5:00pm - Close
"Happy Hour" (Menu Available in Bar, Lounge, Patio)
Bar Service: (Full Bar, Extensive Wine List)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eurasian
- Executive Chef: Shigefumi Tachibe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chaya offers in-house specialty menus for groups and private events as well as specialty catering off-site. Chaya Brasserie enhances any event by working with each client individually and preparing menus to each person’s liking.
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate large parties up to 60 people during normal restaurant operation. Larger parties require a restaurant buy-out.
- Private Party Contact: Elaine Asada 2134891889x
- Entertainment: Join Chaya the 1st Monday of every month for INDUSTRY AFTER HOURS from 10pm -1am. DJ, FREE featured Grub, $5 drink specials, and $3 bites.
- Special Events: Chef Collaboration Dinner with Michelin Starred Chef, Kuniaki Kozuka from the Original Hikage Chaya in Hayama Japan. On October 18th and 19th. The dinner is a multicourse Kaiseki style epicurian event. Call for reservations at 310-859-8833. This is the only menu available for these 2 days.
A word from Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills
At CHAYA Brasserie, Our Corporate Executive Chef Shigefumi Tachibe, who is the culinary force behind every Chaya restaurant, creates a menu that reflects his pioneering approach to Euro Asian cuisine. Chef Tachibe infuses exotic ingredients and honored culinary traditions from his native Japanese roots into all of his menus. This culinary approach is reflected in our lunch and dinner menus, offered in the dining room, bar, and patio. In addition to our dinner menu, comprised of an array of salads, hot and cold appetizers, sushi, meat, fish and pasta, a seasonally spontaneous Chef’s Tasting Menu is available by request. Guests can enjoy Happy Hour specials in our bar and lounge featuring unique bar bites and signature cocktails. Our menus are refreshed all year long, using Farmer’s Market and locally-sourced ingredients. CHAYA Brasserie also offers half off bottles of wine on Tuesday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)special occasion (61)romantic (59)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (22)hot spot (21)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- meestDined on 9/14/2014Excellent food. Lovely room. Terrible oversight of reservations. Our 6:45 reservation was not honored til about 7:40 after we were initially told that it would be about 15-20 minutes before they could seat us. When 20 minutes passed, no one bothered to come to tell us that our table was not yet ready. It made for an aggravating start to what in the end was a wonderful meal. It was never explained to us why the restaurant was overbooked. Nor was there much of an effort made to apologize for the delay.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014Just a bit slow on the food, but otherwise, food is good and service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Very expensive, $18 for a sushi roll, thirty something for tilapia with shredded zucchini,$15 for a glass of wine and $6.50 for parking. Easily $90 for a bland light meal. Excruciatingly slow service, but the assistant waiter was great!Special Features:
- Delicious!MissPVIPDined on 9/12/2014The cocktails were wonderful. The crust on their bread was perfect - crunchy and chewy. My stuffed Branzino was delicious. Make sure you save room for the chocolate bread pudding. It was one of the best desserts I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLindlouDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had a Travel Zoo deal; and we were able to order off the menu, and our meal was simply outstanding. We had the special Sashimi starter with salmon/avacodo; and I had Sea Bass which was amazing. My husband had the Branzino and also loved it; and then for desert we had the Chocolate Bread Pudding which was simply outstanding. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Do not recommend!LosbosVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was one of the worst experiences I have had in a restaurant in Los Angeles. We dine out often and this was horrible starting with the food, our waiter, the maître d', and the entire evening. Not only will I never go back but I would recommend that nobody go to this restaurant ever!
- Excellent cuisineTaraVIPDined on 9/11/2014Been here three times in past month. The paella is delicious, as is all of the sashimi and sushi. My hubby had the steak and loved it. Service is friendly and attentive. It's pricy but worth it.Special Features:
- Good food, nice ambianceToni310Dined on 9/8/2014Service was a little slow, took a while to be greeted by server and to receive bread, however food was tasty, and season well, drinks were good, would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabo!!TinaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Pretty busy; a bit on the noisy side. food was delightful. We had ceviche and a dragon roll the and the main meal entrée was so good we ate it all there; usually we take some home. Kudos also for the fallen chocolate cake and the Cucumber and ginger cocktail !!! Most of all the service was fantastic. The two main male hosts were always on patrol checking in on customers and was on top of your needs....GOOD JOB!!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, good food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/6/2014This is a nice restaurant for good food and service with a decent happy hour. Happy hour drinks are limited to select wine and cocktails for $7, beer for $5/6, and small plates/sushi at a discount. Happy hour is available all night, every night, in the bar, lounge and patio areas (5:30PM to close). The overall dining experience was very good. The food and service is pretty solid, but the spicy margarita at happy hour is fantastic!Special Features:
- Faded loveChunkyfatboyDined on 8/30/2014Best days long gone. Once a sparkling hot spot with food to match, now on a Saturday night only thing duller than ambience was cuisine. Is there actually a chef in residence here or just a couple of cooks working from a dated menu?
- jayceeDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious. We were seated right away and the server introduced herself immediately. She did not rush us to order and we had a very relaxed and delicious mean. Everyone ordered something different and loved their choices.
- great food but bad restroom...SusieDined on 8/29/2014Hi, I really enjoy this restaurant all the time. But between few years, restroom is not great.... no paper no hand paper.....my friend told me also......Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Chaya Brasserie is always excellent. The food was delicious; the service was beyond reproach, and the reservation was accepted without delay. Our car was waiting for us at the curb - certainly an unexpected extra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good...gbs12345VIPDined on 8/26/2014...at Chaya Brasserie. The atmosphere is relaxed and pleasant. And the menu is varied and interesting and anyone can find something they'd like. The cocktails were good and it was all quite good. I don't live nearby so I don't get there nearly as often as I'd like.Special Features:
- ChayaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great experience up until they gave us the bill. Did not want to honor the travelzoo voucher. Gave us $60 off dinner, not the appetizer, 2 drinks, 2 entrees and dessert. We only ordered 2 items that were over the limit and agreed to pay for those. They then gave us another bill but charged our debit cards for the original price of the dinner. They gave me a receipt for $43, but charged my card $86. Manager is unresponsive. Will not dine here again.
- Great Anniversary DinnerFoodDinerDined on 8/22/2014Celebrating our two year anniversary at Chaya Brasserie was a great experience. As a first time guest, I loved the customer service and attentiveness of the staff. When making the reservation, I noted it was our anniversary and the manager provided complimentary champagne. Very nice of them. The food was good, but I would not say it was great/excellent. My dish, miso glazed salmon was very good, but my husband's salmon was moderate while the spicy mussel appetizer was just OK. The mussels were extremely small. A note, the bread was very delicious, warm crusty outside and soft inside. The ambiance of the restaurant is really great. I enjoyed how it was quiet enough to hear each other, but still lively with the music, bar area and artwork.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014The service was good, the food I had was just warm and a little bit to the cold side which should not be.Fish was not as hot as it should be, and that was their signature dish. A little disappointed. Service was a little slow, but since we had a good conversation going so it did not affect as much as it would have. I had better experience before.Special Features:
- Love It HereLisaVIPDined on 8/18/2014On my second visit I was even more impressed than my first. The food is first-rate and the portions are so big there is enough left over for a meal the next day. My husband's Wagyu beef spaghetti Bolognese was very tasty and my chicken was tender and juicy. The fried calamari is incredibly crispy and very different: the breading is a special Japanese mix. The bread pudding dessert is especially flavorful. I already know what I want to order next time.Special Features:
- zyggroupVIPDined on 8/16/2014Chaya provided a very enjoyable evening. Cocktails are on the sweet side, beware.
- ChayaStevoDined on 8/14/2014a fun and fine dining experience. this spot has always been a delightful restaurant to enjoy delicious asian fusionSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service.FritzVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have dined at Chaya many times and have always had a good experience. The food is predictably good and the service is attentive but not intrusive . I would definitely recommend Chaya to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still classyDTD99VIPDined on 8/8/2014Chaya Brasserie has been keeping 90210 diners happy for a long time. The restaurant is still going strong. Great ambience and nice wine list but I was a little disappointed by the paella I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillyDined on 8/5/2014Fantastic service and very good food. The price is fair.Special Features:
- Good food, service, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014A little crowded and loud, expensive, but justifiable with a Travelzoo coupon. Don't drink the water, i am sure it comes from an aquariumI would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesomeSunmanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Chaya has some of the best food in the world. Drinks, apps, mains, desserts...so hard to choose our favorite!!! All of us liked all our entrees. Would go back in a heart beat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PATHETICDINER14ADined on 8/1/2014The restaurant was quite good food wise but at lunch time this past recent Friday there were only three other diners in the entire restaurant. It was like a ghost town and eating there was quite creepy. It felt like dining in a restaurant about to go out of business. I have been eating there for year and never saw anything like this. I won't return.Special Features:
- CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/29/2014Great server, great chef. Took my gf here for a surprise lunch and she loved it. Her favorite dish was made as a courtesy to us since it's only a dinner plate on the menu now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelzoofanDined on 7/26/2014The food and service is worth the travelzoo deal. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants to try out the Beverly Hill flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable dinnerRAM17VIPDined on 7/25/2014We used a Travelzoo voucher for dinner at Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills. It was a most enjoyable dinner. We had a great waiter who really attended to our every need. He quickly replaced the Chiantis we ordered based on a quick whiff. The breaded sardine appetizer was served Milanese style with arugula and tomatoes on top. The sea bass was prepared miso style and melted in your mouth. The paella was also outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DddinahDined on 7/23/2014Went during restaurant week to try it for the first time. The food, presentation and service were all outstanding. Would highly recommend Chaya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA - the bestParisianinthevalleyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Had the soft shell crab entree after starting with seared albacore What a deal for $25 and incredibly deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMarkarchDined on 7/19/2014We went to Chaya because of a Travelzoo deal, and it didn't disappoint. The food was mostly excellent (only 1 of our 4 dishes was not as good as expected). Service was very attentive and ambiance was great. Nice looking space.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014I went to Chaya to celebrate an anniversary. It was a great causal fine dining experience. Service was great and efficient. The food was so good, there was nothing left and we had three courses. Although, I wish it was a bit cheaper do that we go more than special occasions...It is definitely worth saving up for. Louisiana Shrimp and Lobster Rock Shrimp Ravioli = amazing! Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Have only eaten lunch, food was fabulous, service great and for a change, not incredibly noisy 3 of us had different dishes, salmon huge hit as well as appetizersSpecial Features:
- nightoutDined on 7/15/2014Great place to meet a friend for dinner- food was excellent. Wine list very nice--loved the choc cake and ice cream. Also had the Sea Bass--excellent flavor- friend had steak--a little thin-but tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, great foodAngelika1936Dined on 7/13/2014celebrate my B-day, love it….great food, great place, will be back soonSpecial Features:
- LovelyMelisSwellVIPDined on 7/6/2014I will be back! They could increase the vegan options however.Special Features:
- 30 years and still so so FRESHParisianinthevalleyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Always a pleasure to fine at Chaya Offerings inspiring and delicious Enjoyed last day of oyster special at $1 eachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely lunchoutnaboutDined on 7/3/2014Perhaps because of the hour--1pm--or the day--the Thursday on the "eve" of the 4th of July--we (my good friend and I) had a wonderfully peaceful and perfectly situated corner banquette table. Our server was helpful, gracious, solicitous without being patronizing, and just terrific. Too full for dessert, we just enjoyed reading that menu over coffee, and will return with it in mind. The food was delicious--salads with very fresh greens and really delicious vegetables (tomatoes were perfect, fr example), and the lunch was just what my friend and I had hoped for--a luxurious and celebratory event.Special Features: