Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills
8741 Alden Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
EurasianPrice: $31 to $50
Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechaya.com/
- Phone: (310) 859-8833
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon – Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Mon - Sat 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sun. 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar, Lounge, & Patio: Mon - Sun 5:00pm - Close
"Happy Hour" (Menu Available in Bar, Lounge, Patio)
Bar Service: (Full Bar, Extensive Wine List)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Eurasian
- Executive Chef: Shigefumi Tachibe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chaya offers in-house specialty menus for groups and private events as well as specialty catering off-site. Chaya Brasserie enhances any event by working with each client individually and preparing menus to each person’s liking.
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate large parties up to 60 people during normal restaurant operation. Larger parties require a restaurant buy-out which could be up to 300. We are able to set up decor, music and any special needs and wants you may have.
- Private Party Contact: Erika 310-508-5356x
- Entertainment: Join us at Chaya Brasserie every Sunday for our wine special. All full bottle wines and champagnes are 1/2 OFF. This gives our guest an opportunity to expand their wine horizons.
No corkage fee on Sundays !!!
- Special Events: Christmas Eve Special Menu Dinner December 24th
New Years Eve Dinner and Party, Reserve Early !!!
Valentines Day Special Dinner
A word from Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills
At CHAYA Brasserie, Our Corporate Executive Chef Shigefumi Tachibe, who is the culinary force behind every Chaya restaurant, creates a menu that reflects his pioneering approach to Euro Asian cuisine. Chef Tachibe infuses exotic ingredients and honored culinary traditions from his native Japanese roots into all of his menus. This culinary approach is reflected in our lunch and dinner menus, offered in the dining room, bar, and patio. In addition to our dinner menu, comprised of an array of salads, hot and cold appetizers, sushi, meat, fish and pasta, a seasonally spontaneous Chef’s Tasting Menu is available by request. Guests can enjoy Happy Hour specials in our bar and lounge featuring unique bar bites and signature cocktails. Our menus are refreshed all year long, using Farmer’s Market and locally-sourced ingredients. CHAYA Brasserie also offers half off bottles of wine on Tuesday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chaya Brasserie Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (44)romantic (39)great for lunch (21)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)late-night find (11)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Favorite restaurant anywhereJSF22VIPDined on 11/18/2014I dine at Chaya Brasserie every time I visit LA. The food has been consistently fresh, inventive and delicious every time for going on 25 years, and the service is always outstanding. There is not a restaurant in America I like better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!WendyMDined on 11/16/2014If you want quiet, go on a Sunday night. The veggies that came with the entree were exceptional.Special Features:
- Always DeliversMikeZVIPDined on 11/15/2014Living west of the 405 we don't wander east for dinner often, however when we do it's usually to try a new restaurant and on occasion return to our favorites and Chaya remains one of our favorites. We arrived early and enjoyed a drink at the bar which offers a number of specialty cocktails all of which sound tempting; however I went with their basic pineapple infusion which was very good. Once our friends arrived we sat down for dinner and starting with the appetizers through dessert the 4 then 6 of us loved it. Friends from out of town joined us for dessert which allowed us to order a variety of items from the dessert menu which is a great way to end an evening for those of us who have a sweet tooth. On our drive home my wife and I both agreed that our evenings at Chaya are always memorable and we should return more often, which we plan to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestkrissDined on 11/11/2014This is the only place I know I can be assured of great fish. I'm not much for fish since I can never be sure of the quality. This place does it right every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLuvChayaBHDined on 11/5/2014Kayla, our server on Wednesday, Nov. 5, was both charming and efficient.Special Features:
- Great food and servicejawnDined on 10/29/2014I've eaten her multiple times. Their food is delicious and I would recommend to anyone. Perfect spot for a bite and a meeting.Special Features:
- OverratedEasyriderDined on 10/11/2014Noisy, undeservedly expensive, long wait after ordering. First steak fatty, sent back, filet mignon replacement was small and mediocre. Never again.
- Really Good CalamariMNPVGCVIPDined on 10/11/2014The calamari was so light and the sesame seeds added a nutty flavor.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in West HollywoodIkeBVIPDined on 10/10/2014WHEN YOU THINK THAT CHAYA HAS REACHED TO THE TOP, IT GETS BETTER.Special Features:
- Delicious food, friendly servicefoodluverDined on 10/10/2014Chaya lasted for many years due to the consistency of the superb food served. The wide choices cover sea food, meats and vegetarian dishes both as appetizers and entree. I had a sashimi trio as an entree, my wife had a steak and our friend had the salmon. All prepared to perfection, finishing with a superb apple tart/ice cream. The service is both friendly and professional. Highly recommended for any meal, any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most reliable dinner in BevH.JpresskinVIPDined on 10/2/2014This has always been a special place with the best ceviche I have ever had- I ordered 3 plates of it and couldn't have been happier. Of note was the Chilean Sae bass and the truffle ravioli. This is an A plus place to eat, (great french fries too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!idonteatjustanythingDined on 9/28/2014A Jewel. Textured atmosphere, relaxing air, ying-yang and all that. The service was lovely. The server picked all my selections from libations thru dessert. It was strongly suggested I select the fish as my entrée, she said it was their signature dish. I rarely, did I say RARELY? order fish. And, because I don't process any fish as a dining choice, I can't speak to the species of fish, but I can tell you it was sublime. OOMG! And if you aren't in the mood for fish, do the Rib Eye Steak, stupid(in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and I do, and have done, 'the Steak Houses' of L.A, enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good.SpankyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Good Food, and Good Service in an attractive setting make Chaya a solid choice every time. It is a bit overpriced though.Special Features:
- Ah the wineChrisVIPDined on 9/21/2014Chaya is good vibe and the food is always good and, if not good, delicious! The Beverly Hills location has a great vibe, it’s comfy and the service always excellent. So, why in the world, when ordering an old Bordeaux wine, close to the $200 mark, would they bring it way too warm? Should they know better by now? And it’s such a common issue in L.A. Almost painful to see such basic flaws, not counting the disappointment. I want to offer them a small electric wine cellar, retail for $200 or so where they could keep one or two bottles of their top 20 wines... Would they plug it in? Otherwise, everything else was great.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomersLisaVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is our third visit in two months and it has been great each time. Martinis are superb and do not miss the fried calamari as it is very special. My main dish was the duck and my husband's was the steak, both of which were perfectly seasoned and cooked. The side dishes, of local produce, were just as interesting as the main course. We never have dessert because we are too full! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- meestDined on 9/14/2014Excellent food. Lovely room. Terrible oversight of reservations. Our 6:45 reservation was not honored til about 7:40 after we were initially told that it would be about 15-20 minutes before they could seat us. When 20 minutes passed, no one bothered to come to tell us that our table was not yet ready. It made for an aggravating start to what in the end was a wonderful meal. It was never explained to us why the restaurant was overbooked. Nor was there much of an effort made to apologize for the delay.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014Just a bit slow on the food, but otherwise, food is good and service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Very expensive, $18 for a sushi roll, thirty something for tilapia with shredded zucchini,$15 for a glass of wine and $6.50 for parking. Easily $90 for a bland light meal. Excruciatingly slow service, but the assistant waiter was great!Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!Veloce86Dined on 9/12/2014What a gem! Unique dishes, beautiful decor...amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MissPVIPDined on 9/12/2014The cocktails were wonderful. The crust on their bread was perfect - crunchy and chewy. My stuffed Branzino was delicious. Make sure you save room for the chocolate bread pudding. It was one of the best desserts I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLindlouDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had a Travel Zoo deal; and we were able to order off the menu, and our meal was simply outstanding. We had the special Sashimi starter with salmon/avacodo; and I had Sea Bass which was amazing. My husband had the Branzino and also loved it; and then for desert we had the Chocolate Bread Pudding which was simply outstanding. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Do not recommend!LosbosVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was one of the worst experiences I have had in a restaurant in Los Angeles. We dine out often and this was horrible starting with the food, our waiter, the maître d', and the entire evening. Not only will I never go back but I would recommend that nobody go to this restaurant ever!
- Excellent cuisineTaraVIPDined on 9/11/2014Been here three times in past month. The paella is delicious, as is all of the sashimi and sushi. My hubby had the steak and loved it. Service is friendly and attentive. It's pricy but worth it.Special Features:
- Good food, nice ambianceToni310Dined on 9/8/2014Service was a little slow, took a while to be greeted by server and to receive bread, however food was tasty, and season well, drinks were good, would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabo!!TinaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Pretty busy; a bit on the noisy side. food was delightful. We had ceviche and a dragon roll the and the main meal entrée was so good we ate it all there; usually we take some home. Kudos also for the fallen chocolate cake and the Cucumber and ginger cocktail !!! Most of all the service was fantastic. The two main male hosts were always on patrol checking in on customers and was on top of your needs....GOOD JOB!!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, good food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/6/2014This is a nice restaurant for good food and service with a decent happy hour. Happy hour drinks are limited to select wine and cocktails for $7, beer for $5/6, and small plates/sushi at a discount. Happy hour is available all night, every night, in the bar, lounge and patio areas (5:30PM to close). The overall dining experience was very good. The food and service is pretty solid, but the spicy margarita at happy hour is fantastic!Special Features:
- Faded loveChunkyfatboyDined on 8/30/2014Best days long gone. Once a sparkling hot spot with food to match, now on a Saturday night only thing duller than ambience was cuisine. Is there actually a chef in residence here or just a couple of cooks working from a dated menu?
- jayceeDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious. We were seated right away and the server introduced herself immediately. She did not rush us to order and we had a very relaxed and delicious mean. Everyone ordered something different and loved their choices.
- great food but bad restroom...SusieDined on 8/29/2014Hi, I really enjoy this restaurant all the time. But between few years, restroom is not great.... no paper no hand paper.....my friend told me also......Special Features:
- LookforambienceDined on 8/27/2014Chaya Brasserie is always excellent. The food was delicious; the service was beyond reproach, and the reservation was accepted without delay. Our car was waiting for us at the curb - certainly an unexpected extra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good...gbs12345VIPDined on 8/26/2014...at Chaya Brasserie. The atmosphere is relaxed and pleasant. And the menu is varied and interesting and anyone can find something they'd like. The cocktails were good and it was all quite good. I don't live nearby so I don't get there nearly as often as I'd like.Special Features:
- ChayaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Great experience up until they gave us the bill. Did not want to honor the travelzoo voucher. Gave us $60 off dinner, not the appetizer, 2 drinks, 2 entrees and dessert. We only ordered 2 items that were over the limit and agreed to pay for those. They then gave us another bill but charged our debit cards for the original price of the dinner. They gave me a receipt for $43, but charged my card $86. Manager is unresponsive. Will not dine here again.
- Great Anniversary DinnerFoodDinerDined on 8/22/2014Celebrating our two year anniversary at Chaya Brasserie was a great experience. As a first time guest, I loved the customer service and attentiveness of the staff. When making the reservation, I noted it was our anniversary and the manager provided complimentary champagne. Very nice of them. The food was good, but I would not say it was great/excellent. My dish, miso glazed salmon was very good, but my husband's salmon was moderate while the spicy mussel appetizer was just OK. The mussels were extremely small. A note, the bread was very delicious, warm crusty outside and soft inside. The ambiance of the restaurant is really great. I enjoyed how it was quiet enough to hear each other, but still lively with the music, bar area and artwork.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014The service was good, the food I had was just warm and a little bit to the cold side which should not be.Fish was not as hot as it should be, and that was their signature dish. A little disappointed. Service was a little slow, but since we had a good conversation going so it did not affect as much as it would have. I had better experience before.Special Features:
- Love It HereLisaVIPDined on 8/18/2014On my second visit I was even more impressed than my first. The food is first-rate and the portions are so big there is enough left over for a meal the next day. My husband's Wagyu beef spaghetti Bolognese was very tasty and my chicken was tender and juicy. The fried calamari is incredibly crispy and very different: the breading is a special Japanese mix. The bread pudding dessert is especially flavorful. I already know what I want to order next time.Special Features:
- zyggroupVIPDined on 8/16/2014Chaya provided a very enjoyable evening. Cocktails are on the sweet side, beware.
- ChayaStevoVIPDined on 8/14/2014a fun and fine dining experience. this spot has always been a delightful restaurant to enjoy delicious asian fusionSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service.FritzVIPDined on 8/11/2014I have dined at Chaya many times and have always had a good experience. The food is predictably good and the service is attentive but not intrusive . I would definitely recommend Chaya to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still classyDTD99VIPDined on 8/8/2014Chaya Brasserie has been keeping 90210 diners happy for a long time. The restaurant is still going strong. Great ambience and nice wine list but I was a little disappointed by the paella I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillyDined on 8/5/2014Fantastic service and very good food. The price is fair.Special Features: