200 Manufacturers Rd Ste 101
Chattanooga, TN 37405Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chatodining.com/
- Phone: 4233051352
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Canale & Chris Casteel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chato Brasserie
A casual, upscale restaurant with focus on local sustainability, service and value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chato Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Chattanooga ›
Chato Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)great for brunch (14)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nice little restaurantCZwaschkaDined on 10/7/2014Food was very, very good. Our service was sweet. We had a nice meal and a nice evening.Special Features:
- mightymouseDined on 8/30/2014Food, service and wine was outstanding. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Lackluster ServiceChattFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Title says it all. I won't go into the many disappointments we had with our waiter...perhaps he was over seated because he seemed to be paying way more attention to other tables than to us. But the food more than made up for the disappointing wait-staff experience. The food is well worth the while. We plan to give it another shot and hope for a better waiter this time.Special Features:
- 4th VisitBBmomDined on 8/10/2014We've been here for dinner once and everything was outstanding! This visit was our 3rd brunch. The other 2 brunches everything was wonderful! This time, I ordered the Memphis and the grits were dry and not as creamy or tasty as the other previous visits and the pork wasn't as shredded as before either. My son tried the Chattanooga and loved the potatoes and creamed corn, but the chicken needed more seasoning. My husband tried the Creole and it lacked in the amount of crawfish. The beignets are always warm and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!WoodyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Would recommend this restaurant to all. Fantastic food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great for special occasionJoliDDined on 8/1/2014Chato Brasserie is a little too expensive (for our wallet) to go to often, but it was the perfect place for a date night for our anniversary. The food was delicious, service was great, and the atmosphere was elegant, but not stuffy. Overall, we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soTNDOCDined on 8/1/2014Food was marginal and portions were smaller than I expected. Medium plate was more what I was thinking would be a small. We got and split the scallops that per the waiter was their most popular and signature dish. I wasn't too impressed. It tasted like they had a stick of butter in it and you see a grease film on the plate. This was our second time there and quite honestly it will probably be the last, there are so many more places with reasonable prices, portions, and better food.Special Features:
- So, so.thebigmommyDined on 7/26/2014Some things about this restaurant were great. The bruschetta was wonderful -- so was the peach crème brulee. My flank steak, however, was very chewy and served lukewarm. Our waitress was ok -- but not particularly attentive. It's a lovely space, though, and there were some special touches. For example, the hostess gave me a black napkin because I was wearing a black outfit -- this kept me from getting white napkin lint all over me. Very thoughtful!Special Features:
- Great mealFredVIPDined on 7/18/2014Another nice dining experience with a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Travelled from Alabama to eat brunch based on reviews of their eggs benedict. Originally, the hostess tried to seat us at table between two tables with infants. A stroller was taking up a large amount of space leaving the area around the 2 person table very crowded. We asked to be moved which they accommodated. We ordered the blue crab and the creole eggs benedict. The eggs were cooked correctly and the hollandaise sauce was not over powerful and complemented the seafood. Skip the side of potatoes, they lack flavor and were over done for my taste. The side of fruit was much more palatable. We also ordered the cinnamon roll which was good but half of the dessert was so hard you couldn't cut it with a knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchBBmomDined on 7/13/2014Excellent and friendly service. Many delicious food choices. Our favorite is the Memphis. My husband and I loved the bellinis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 7/12/2014I've eaten here a number of times because it's convenient and has a nice atmosphere. Once in awhile the food is good but most of the times it's mediocre. This time the chicken was really dry and the dish was really a bad combination of things. The trout was better, but also over cooked.
- Always WonderfulLisaDined on 7/9/2014The menu constantly changes and is well thought out. The food is fresh and fabulous! I would recommend Chato to anyone. It is a little pricey, but worth it. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My newly found favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I was on leisure travel and came across a groupon! What an amazing deal!!!! The scallops and lobster risotto was amazing!!!! When I come back to Chattanooga, I MUST visit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Chato Brasserie reviews archive.
- donjenjenDined on 6/21/2014Our favorite restaurant in Chattanooga. The food and service are great and they have soufflés.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notch!nicknorwoodDined on 6/21/2014The food and service here have always been outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!BBmomDined on 6/20/2014Amazing food & cocktails! Great ambiance! Very informative wait staff. Found this little gem on Groupon. Definitely recommend to all :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerbiggsDined on 6/20/2014We love Chato! They have wonderful dishes and a great wine list. This is a wonderful restaurant to frequent for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food & convenient locationChattyChicksDined on 6/6/2014We chose this spot for date night. Food was terrific-comparable to other nice restaurants we often enjoy. The atmosphere was clean & modern. The location is next door to a park, so we stopped by after and it made a nice date night. We will add to our list of favorite places to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chat O GrouponStevieB52Dined on 5/31/2014We had not tried Chat O yet, and Groupon had a $40 coupon for $20 that enticed us to go. The property is in a "hot" part of town, so there was an interesting assortment of patrons. The decor is contemporary. The hostess seated me promptly, and our server checked with me a couple of times before my wife arrived. That gave me time to study the menu and the wine list. They have a wide variety of entrees. They also offer small, medium and large plates. My wife chose the scollops on a lobster risotto. I opted for the "under the brick" chicken on a bed of sweet corn and vidalia onions. I had the ahi tuna nachos as a small plate to begin. All were good. The dinner ended with a fabulous dessert. Their signature dessert is lemon souffle-WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KaturaDined on 5/16/2014The food was great! A little more than your average place to eat downtown, but you get what you pay for! The wine selection was more than enough and the cocktail list was short but had some great drinks. I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSusuDined on 5/14/2014This is one of our favorite places in Chattanooga to eat. The food is always delicious. The service is outstanding. The bar has some great specialty drinks. Special requests are easily accommodated by the chef. We took some friends with us and they were impressed. They said they would definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and reasonably priced brunchlauraVIPDined on 5/4/2014Delicious eggs sardou and mixed fruit side, watermelon gazpacho, cinnamon bread pudding and blood orange bellini. Prices are unbelievably low for food of this high quality. Terrific find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuldaisyDined on 4/27/2014We have been many times for dinner but never for brunch. It was delicious! Love the high tops for 2 of us and also a great place for a big group. We took our supper club there the other month. 10 of us. The staff is always so wonderful.Special Features:
- Good food, small portionsHotKarlDined on 4/25/2014This place is very nice and the food is fantastic. However when you pay $20 for a large plate I expect to be full. This was not the case, the portion of food was so small we actually went to another restaurant afterwards for more food.Special Features:
- Great food, good service, odd musickckleicjDined on 4/23/2014While we didn't expect a crowd on Wednesday evening, we knew from past experiences that the food would live up to our expectations. The scallops and desserts were delightful, though whoever chose the monotonous music on satellite must have been a twenty-something who loves annoying drum machines. Please put on some timeless jazz or other more appropriate music, which will greatly improve the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and overpricedKimfromFLDined on 4/22/2014My husband and I went after reading reviews and checking out the menu. We got their early, I mean early, like 6:15. We sat at the bar. My husband and I each ordered a drink and it took FOREVER. To the point I was looking around to see if they needed help getting my beer and my husbands cocktail. Nothing complicated but it took, no joke, over 10 minutes. We ordered the mussels from the medium plate menu and they were delicious. We then ordered our entrees. I got the duck and my hubby got the flank steak.my duck was good but the huge side salad, essentially, that came with it was a bit much. I was craving a startch which it did not have. The flank steak was not good. It was overcooked and I think they were trying to treat it like a prime rib.Special Features:
- great atmosphereVacationerDined on 4/13/2014Love the industrial feel. Service was solid. My fried chicken was dry, but the veggies that came with it were amazing. Cheap cocktails. Gray value.Special Features:
- Chato AprilSmeatDined on 4/11/2014Food was excellent - service was indifferent - 15 minutes to get drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the souffléOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The food is good, but the soufflé is fabulous. I may go back just for cocktails and soufflé.Special Features:
- Great Flavor Combinations...KkatiedenaeDined on 4/5/2014The unique pairings with every item we ordered were very pleasing. We enjoyed caesar salads, wine, dinner trout (chorizo hash) and the filet (caramelized onion mashed potatoes) and the souffle featured dessert this visit was lemon with lavender. Simply wonderful and fresh throughout. Always excellent service, very attentive staff and owner(s) on floor to greet you. Convenient to downtown and park with ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in ChattanooCarolDined on 3/16/2014Incredible drink creations. Great bartender. Delicious food of appropriate proportions and well presented. Sunday brunch is the best and most affordable eal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in ChattanoogaALketVIPDined on 3/14/2014Best souffle I've ever had. Great bar and food. Great people.Special Features:
- LOVE Chato Brasserie!EatRealFood12Dined on 3/12/2014Whenever I visit my parents in Chattanooga, this is the first place we think of for dinner. The menu and wine list are thoughtfully prepared. The food is always beautifully presented and consistently outstanding. The service is impeccable as well. I have been here for both brunch and dinner and I always leave wishing they had a location in Memphis!Special Features:
- Groupon findWelovetoeatDined on 3/8/2014We probably would never have ventured over and found this place had it not been for groupon but needless to say we were very impressed. The food was good the drinks were funky and our server was friendly. The lemon soufflé is a must have and we will be returning for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great VisitFredVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had another great meal at the Chato. Mushroom soup was excellent. I had the chicken and he had the salmon, both were well prepared. Amber C our waitress was excellent and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- amazing food, horrible service.bethVIPDined on 2/23/2014we had brunch on sunday at the restaurant, with a party of six people. our food was incredible, but the service was absolutely horrendous. our waitress rolled her eyes several times (that we all witnessed) as she made her way to our table. we waited 30 minutes for our drink order, and she brought the drinks two at a time. she didn't remember who had ordered which drinks, and we were not given nor offered refills until we asked for it. everything seemed like such a huge inconvenience to the waitress. while we would like to dine again at this restaurant since the food was so good, i am not sure that we will since we can get much better service at any number of brunch venues in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time I've taken someoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Every time I've taken someone to Chato Brassiere it is a memorable experience. The staff is always very professional, attentive without begin intrusive, they never fail to make wonderful suggestions in regard to the menu. The best dessert soufflees I have ever put in my mouth, and the flavor is consistently changing--I've never had the same flavor twice -- tiramisu is amazing! Perfectly cooked entrees, paired wonderfully with excellent side items; I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Entire experience was superb. I had the filet with crab cake. Meat was cooked exactly as ordered. Oddly, the standout of the the night was the salad: wedge with tomato, blue cheese, onion rings, and bacon vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was perfectly tangy. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodKaneDined on 2/9/2014Always appreciate the staff and food. Have yet to have any meal that wasn't anything but a delight. Attentive staff from entering the door to leaving after a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.