287 Winery Road SW
Floyd, VA 24091Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedogs.com/
- Phone: 5405932865x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Wed & Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Open Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00 PM. Sunday Brunch is available from Easter through October. Winter hours (Dec-Mar) vary slightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sterling Steffens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Please contact Sally Truslow at email@example.com or 540-593-9223
- Private Party Facilities: Our Restaurant and Winery offer the perfect facility for gatherings with family and friends or entertaining those important customers who deserve that special attention. Contact us today to start planning your special dinner, corporate event, or wedding. For larger parties, weddings, etc..., please contact our special events manager, Sally Truslow at 540-593-9223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Short (parties of 20 or less) 5405939236x
- Entertainment: From June through October, there is free entertainment on the Winery Courtyard every Sunday. The winery hosts four Black Dog Music Festivals annually featuring nationally known bands. Reservations are highly recommended during these events. Check the website often for special dining events at the restaurant.
- Special Events: Sally Truslow (540)593-9223; email@example.com
A word from Chateau Morrisette
For an experience in quality dining, blissful atmosphere and Southern inspired hospitality, visit our dining room or patio for lunch Wednesday through Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Our menu offers both diversity and creativity. Food pairings that complement the wine and the culture are the focus at this fine-dining restaurant. A rustic southern elegance theme incorporates the finest regional produce available, fresh seafood from the coastal waters of North Carolina, artisan cheeses, homemade desserts and fresh baked breads. Our quiet surroundings offer a pleasant respite from the daily grind of the city. You could sit close to the fireplace at a candlelit table for two, or lounge with a group of family and friends on the terrace overlooking the blue-green hills of the New River Valley and the mighty Buffalo Mountain. Visit us soon for an experience you will treasure for a lifetime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Chateau Morrisette - Best Restaurants in Floyd ›
Chateau Morrisette reviews from OpenTable diners
333 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (292)special occasion (226)great for outdoor dining (190)great for lunch (181)notable wine list (181)romantic (167)great for brunch (154)fit for foodies (118)good for groups (99)neighborhood gem (57)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (17)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Food, atmosphere, and service were excellent. View of surrounding area and grounds was very appealing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The food and wine selection are amazing. We sat out on the deck since the weather was nice outside; you would not believe the view. It was rolling mountains as far as you could see - and it was autumn so the leaves looked beautiful on top of the mountains. I ordered the beef medallions and everything tasted so great! I definitely recommend this place to anybody looking for a special place to dine in the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We visit about two or three tomes a year - 90 Minute drive! The food is fantastic!! Scenic view of about 15 miles with the fall colors. Wait staff service was very good, but wait time between first two courses was excessive and then the last two came almost at the same time. The ambiance, view and high quality of the food more than offset the erratic service.Special Features:
- Love your place, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014While we always enjoy going to Chateau, I have the following observations about our latest trip: 1. We had a 1:30 reservation; we were seated at 2:00, even though there were multiple tables vacant (but not bussed) 2. Our waitress was pleasant, but not attentive 3. Our food was good 4. We were surprised to discover that the only "sandwich" option for lunch was a burgerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014Disappointed because menu selection SOLD OUT Never go on Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We come to Chateau Morrisette several times a year, sometimes with a group and sometimes as a couple. The food is always great, nicely presented and certainly an ample quantity. We are always favorably impressed with the host/hostess and especially the wait staff---some of the best we've ever encountered at a nice restaurant. Weather permitting, we enjoy the outside dining but the window-seating is almost as good a view. Your entrees are so ample, it easily is a meal two could share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Glad we made this stop before returning to California. The food was excellent, wonderful wine parings and helpful, friendly staff. The fall vistas were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We went to the sunday buffet & the food & service was amazing! The waiter even set up our table for the 2 of us to face the french doors so we could see the mountain view for miles while we ate. Food was excellent....we had an amazing time & cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnieConnieDined on 10/26/2014Our annual Fall visit to the winery & restaurant for Sunday brunch did not disappoint. A beautiful Fall day contributed to a very busy restaurant. The staff, including the waiters, appeared to handle it well and the buffet was well-stocked with appropriate temperature foods when we went through it. Our Westie, Kiki, enjoyed mingling with guests on the patio afterwards & enjoyed the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Day at Chateau MorrisetteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great time at Chateau Morrisette on Sunday. The food was delicious and we had a great server I love the pomegranate merlot vinagrette Looking forward to next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014The Chateau is our favorite restaurant. We dine there every two month and have been doing so for the past 10 years. Each time we look forward to our dining experience. The place will grow on you! Great food and a well polished staff. Sincerely, Elke HoffmannSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We come to Chateau Morrisette every fall and always enjoy our experience. The Shrimp and Grits are consistantly amazing each time! The chef has changed the shrimp and grits to a grit cake but the cake is still soft and I was not disappointed at all. Great service, great view and always a romantic trip!!!Special Features:
- Simply beautiful!rdluv2chateauDined on 10/25/2014My experiences that "The Chateau" have always been lovely - one of my favorite places to go for dinner. Service and food is stellar. Wine - especially their reserve wines that I have enjoyed - delightful! My recommendataion to anyone is: JUST GO!! And yes - the view is beautiful.Special Features:
- Day on the Parkway.maggiemaeDined on 10/25/2014Great dining experience.the food was GREAT, service was to superior.What more could you ask forSpecial Features:
- Big noisy room, slow serviceDooneyDined on 10/25/2014Have always loved this place, but don't allow them to seat you in the big room. Very noisy, not cozy and we waited an hour for our sandwiches for lunch. Do sit outside for the view or in one of the smaller, quiet rooms. Hopefully, the service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lukewarm foodworldtravelDined on 10/25/2014Have dined here several times past 2 years, but food took a looong time to arrive. mac and cheese was congealed. may not go again
- Beautiful and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Had a wonderful lunch on a perfect fall day at Chateau Morrisette. Overall, the best restaurant that I have found in the area. The food and service were really good. I give it four stars (five stars is really hard to get from me). And the view, oh man, you have to see the view, its just a few hundred yards off the Blue Ridge Parkway, that should give you some idea. 5+ stars on the view. Inside, there are several working fireplaces that are beautiful, warming and nice on a fall day. Price will usually run just under $30/head for a meal, a glass of wine and tip, a bit more if you add appetizers and dessert (and more wine :). But when it comes to setting, I have found nothing in the area that rivals it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time, Would ReturnmcgophersDined on 10/24/2014My girlfriend and I came here to celebrate 2 years of dating. She ordered a strawberry salad as an appetizer paired with a white sangria and said she really liked it. Her entree was shrimp & grits, paired with nouveau chien, which looked incredible and she said it tasted amazing, . I ordered the beef medallions, paired with chambourcin, and they were delicious. The view outside was breathtaking and I only wish we had more daylight to enjoy it. We look forward to coming back for brunch or another special dinner.Special Features:
- Love this winery.Alohamaria66Dined on 10/24/2014Great food and service. Love the scenery. Great for a romantic scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElveDined on 10/24/2014Been enjoying dining with you for years - especially lunch because I don't drive too much at night any more and I live in Blacksburg. Of all your wines I've had and bought, I've enjoyed Independence most (glad I got a case). Hope to enjoy dining with you many more times in the future.Special Features:
- Mountain RomanceQUIGGDined on 10/24/2014My wife and i love visiting this winery restaurant right off the Blue Ridge parkway. We have probably eaten there 20 times. Specially love dinner with a roaring fire or lunch during October when leaves are changing. Sunday Brunch is great as well. But go anytime you can . . . the food is well prepared and the staff friendly. The new winemaker has really stepped up the quality of their red wines. Would like to see more fish and Prime steaks but overall just a fine dining experience. If this restaurant was in Roanoke, it would be packed year round.Special Features:
- Love dining here!HoneybunDined on 10/23/2014We always enjoy dining here. The food is great, service is excellent and the surroundings are very beautiful, with great mountain views any time of year. The restaurant was very very busy this visit. I imagine the wait would have been impossible without reservations, which is not often the case on a weekday. But this is leaf peeper season. The busyness led to having to wait for bread and two entrees being sold out. It was also very cold, not suitable for dining outdoors. We ate in the large dining room which tends to be a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!OurFavDined on 10/23/2014We have wined and dined at Chateau, for over 25 years, and have seen so many transitional phases. The food and service continue to be stellar, with the exception of Floyd Fest weekend...Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsJennyDined on 10/23/2014Love coming here often, especially in the fall! The drive up Bent Mtn was beautiful! Never disappointed with the food, people, views, etc! Looking forward to the Christmas Open House, love being Kennel Club members!Special Features:
- a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014A few years ago, I came there and the restaurant and shop were perfect, wonderful. This trip, the girl who checks you in at the front was not friendly. Our waiter was friendly but never checked on us to see if we needed refills, etc. Just came to deliver food. Had to ask twice for water refill, then the girl in the white jacket with pitcher begrudgingly fills one glass and tried to walk off before filling the other 2 glasses. No smile. The food was great. For the money you spend, you would expect better service. The shop used to be filled with lots of nice souvenirs and potential gifts. Pretty much has shirts, corks, wine and dog treats. Very little else. I was embarrassed because I highly recommended to my two companions (their 1st timeSpecial Features:
- Not To Be MissedflowsueDined on 10/22/2014We went for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon and it was extremely busy. Because it's October and the Blue Ridge Parkway is busy with those viewing the fall colors, reservations are strongly recommended. We had to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation so we purchased a bottle of Chateau Morrisette wine which we enjoyed until our table was ready. We were seated next to a fireplace which was welcome as it was a cold, blustery day. Recommend the fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs as appetizers. For the main course I had the salmon and my husband had the ribs. Both were delicious. The salmon was perfectly cooked and seasoned and the rib meat was falling off the bones. If you take the Blue Ridge Parkway definitely make this a stop.Special Features:
- a little chaoticgeezerDined on 10/22/2014we've been to Chateau Morrisette several times but first time during fall season. couldn't reserve our preferred lunch time, so took 1:30. when arriving found a huge bus group there, 60 people, that further delayed our seating until 2:00. dining room was not the quaint side where we've eating previously, but part of a large banquet hall where the bus group had been. their tables, dishes, etc. and buffet line was still there when we were seated. nonetheless, after accepting the less than ideal surroundings, we enjoyed a very nice meal. if we had known that such a large group would be there, we would have chosen another day to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okformeDined on 10/22/2014The servers were very nice and the food was good, but it took a very long time to get our food.Special Features:
- Lovely findSusanDined on 10/20/2014This restaurant was much larger than I expected but laid out in a way that separated groups, casual and more formal. The food is pricey but worth it, especially when combined with the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We, as well as our adult children, have traveled in this country as well as Europe and Asia, in fact our daughter is currently living in France. None of us have ever encountered the term "open table". Buffet, yes but open table no. We were not sure what to expect, and since we were coming from a distance, we made a somewhat late reservation. When we found out it was a buffet, we knew we were in for trouble. The roast beef was mostly fat and everything else was so dried out it wouldn't fall off the serving spoons. To say we were disappointed is an understatement. We have eaten at the restaurant many times and were able to order from the menu. The food was delicious. We will not be back for the "open table".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful timemighttryagainDined on 10/19/2014It was perfect for the lunch for 2. We were late and took us anyway. The food was great lots if variety that day. Our waiter couldn't have done anything any better, he was very attentive to our needs. The quiche and collard greens were my favorite. My husband and I will definitely go back for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchRide2EatDined on 10/19/2014Although we thought the buffet was a little pricey, the food, service and ambience was excellent! Our second visit to this restaurant and we also enjoyed a tour of the winery and the wine tasting before brunch. We highly recommend the restaurant at Chateau Morrisette!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An okay brunchDragonflyguyDined on 10/19/2014The Sunday brunch was okay. The best items were the vegetable alfredo, omelet, and artisan green salad. The omelet station was excellent and the young lady made three at a time and handled the stress well! The station also has a prime rib and ham carving area as well as pancakes. The prime rib and ham were not what I expected. The rest of the buffet/brunch items are along a hallway between the two dining areas. All foods were appropriate temperature but okay in taste. Collard greens were sweet tasting and the marinara sauce on the tilapia was bland. The worst part was the dessert table. Each dessert was portioned in a small disposable cup but not labeled so I was not sure what I was getting. Worth going for the scenery and wine!Special Features:
- DisappointedDaniDined on 10/18/2014We love C. M.----but Saturday evening was a big disappointment. We took week-end guests and they were unimpressed. Our server was inexperienced and distracted. I believe it was not his fault, but he couldn't answer questions about the food because he had never eaten the selections we asked about. We were there over 30 min. before the he brought our bread. He was, however, very friendly and polite. The restaurant was out of some things and we were there at 7:15. I should say that my selection was excellent, but no one else was as pleased. The shrimp & grits, which are usually excellent, was lacking. We will definitely go back because, always before, we have been quite pleased and hope we will be again.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceHokieGirl24Dined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend there to surprise him for his birthday. Luckily, we made a reservation so we were able to eat there. We were both extremely pleased with the food, the service, and the atmosphere. We finished lunch/dinner just in time for the last tour so we did the wine tour and a tasting. We both had a great time and loved the experience. It was romantic and perfect for the occasion. We will definitely be back and maybe bring a few friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Great wineLovebugDined on 10/18/2014Fall is their busiest time of the year so don't expect fast service. Instead enjoy the good food, great wine, great scenery and most important the quality time with the loved ones you are sharing this experience with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate mistakeNCvisitorsDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant has a beautiful view. The wine was excellent. The wait staff had approximately 3 tables. We were told when we arrived that food service was running slow but over 2 hours is not acceptable. My party ran out of tea and water numerous times. We were not updated on the status of our meals. Numerous tables left angrily. The chicken was grilled with no seasonings. The chicken fingers were to be fried and they were grilled. Normally my granddaughter eats chicken served any way and she would knot eat it. Her potatoes were cool. My strawberry salad was excellent. The appatizers were wonderful. When we had visited last summer the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Do not go there on a weekend in OctfoodislifeDined on 10/18/2014We got there on time for our reservation but waited 30 minutes to be seated. Then they lost our order, so waited a further hour for food. They took off half of the cost of the bottle of wine that we ordered, but kept on blaming it on being leaf peeping weather. The food was good when it arrived, but was not impressed with the service at all. Avoid on the weekends during leaf peeping weather!Special Features:
- Great choiceKennyGDined on 10/18/2014We came for lunch and a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were a little early, so we walked around the winery and grabbed a couple of bottles to take home. The lunch was excellent; I had the pork with chile and cinnamon spice rub. My wife had one of the specials, which was beef Wellington pie. Both were excellent, and we shared a nice little dessert to complete the experience. The views and the decorations made the whole thing memorable. It was Saturday and peak of the fall leaf season, so we were grateful that we booked ahead online to avoid the wait.Special Features:
- Don't Miss Chateau Morrisette!LynnDined on 10/18/2014What a delight!! From the scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway to the beautiful view from Chateau Morrisette, one feels as if you are on a postcard or work of art! Sampling the wines is a treat, but the real treat is the dining experience!! The service was outstanding and the food superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.