287 Winery Road SW
Floyd, VA 24091Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thedogs.com/
- Phone: (540) 593-2865
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Wed & Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Open Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 9:00 PM. Sunday Brunch is available from Easter through October. Winter hours (Dec-Mar) vary slightly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Sterling Steffens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Please contact Sally Truslow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-593-9223
- Private Party Facilities: Our Restaurant and Winery offer the perfect facility for gatherings with family and friends or entertaining those important customers who deserve that special attention. Contact us today to start planning your special dinner, corporate event, or wedding. For larger parties, weddings, etc..., please contact our special events manager, Sally Truslow at 540-593-9223 or email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Short (parties of 20 or less) 5405939236x
- Entertainment: From June through October, there is free entertainment on the Winery Courtyard every Sunday. The winery hosts four Black Dog Music Festivals annually featuring nationally known bands. Reservations are highly recommended during these events. Check the website often for special dining events at the restaurant.
- Special Events: Sally Truslow (540)593-9223; firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Chateau Morrisette
For an experience in quality dining, blissful atmosphere and Southern inspired hospitality, visit our dining room or patio for lunch Wednesday through Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Our menu offers both diversity and creativity. Food pairings that complement the wine and the culture are the focus at this fine-dining restaurant. A rustic southern elegance theme incorporates the finest regional produce available, fresh seafood from the coastal waters of North Carolina, artisan cheeses, homemade desserts and fresh baked breads. Our quiet surroundings offer a pleasant respite from the daily grind of the city. You could sit close to the fireplace at a candlelit table for two, or lounge with a group of family and friends on the terrace overlooking the blue-green hills of the New River Valley and the mighty Buffalo Mountain. Visit us soon for an experience you will treasure for a lifetime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Chateau Morrisette - Best Restaurants in Floyd ›
Chateau Morrisette reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (276)special occasion (214)notable wine list (181)great for lunch (170)romantic (165)great for outdoor dining (156)great for brunch (149)fit for foodies (126)good for groups (101)neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (35)hot spot (17)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- WembleyDined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful time. I was entertaining guests from out of town and they enjoyed the meal and the winery very much. It was a great afternoon for my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatByrdmanDined on 11/21/2014We've been going to chateau Morrisette for years and it just continues its tradition of great service,great views with great food and wine. The staff is always welcoming and there are usually some intriguing specials. While it may become an expensive lunch it's worth it for the real treat it providesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary to rememberHokieBlissDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary at Chateau Morrisette, just the two of us!! In the tasting room we were served by our favorite server, Ray, who has served us many times over the years. He brought his usual Southern charm and humor to deliver sophisticated wine tasting terminology and experience. He also informed me that my favorite saying "I always cook with wine and I sometimes even put it in my food" was first made famous by W. C Fields. Thanks again Ray! We have enjoyed CM wines at many festivals around the state, from the grocery store and visits to their tasting room for many years. We are avid VA Tech Alumni and always keep a couple bottles of "Hokie Bird Red" and "Hokie Bird White" (OK, and Red Mt. Laural etc. ) around the house for tailgating and to meet any celebratory occasion. This year, our daughter who is a VT student, gave us a gift card that motivated us to visit the restaurant, and wow!.... the food was just amazing!! It was a slow day in November and the food on the Sunday buffet was spectacular! We spent more than 2 hours savoring the exquisite foods and wine, warmed by a crackling fire, while gazing at the mountain county side. We had just enough (perfect) attention from Logan to make it one of our best anniversaries ever! If you're going to make the trip out to the Winery, (far for most) make sure you plan to eat at the restaurant. In season you will need to make reservations a few days in advance! It's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Family BrunchCorkDork1Dined on 11/16/2014Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway with great Mountain vista! Sunday brunch was well presented with local ham, roast beef and Vegetables. Young lads, our servers, were There for our every need! Good, not fancy, Family food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Experience at Chateau MorrisetteLynniePooDined on 11/15/2014Entering Chateau Morrisette, I immediately felt welcomed with a warm, cozy feeling. The fire place crackled with a blazing fire, the smells of scrumptious food being prepared, soft lighting and conversations filling the air. Dinner was "out-of-this-world" good. My filet mignon topped with onion rings was cooked superbly, melting in my mouth, along with herbed mashed potatoes and roll. My dinner party loved everything about C.M. Our service was impeccable and the prices were affordable. I will definitely make more future reservations to experience other delectable dinner options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best gem of the Blue Ridge ParkwayTheVandenBerghesDined on 11/14/2014Chateau Morrisette is a rare find in today's hustle and bustle world. The scenic views and unrivaled landscapes are enough to bring us back time and again but the winery and the wines are continually perfect. We purchase wines several times a year and are never disappointed with not only the tastes but the economical pricing. The restaurant is a true gem and again is underpriced for the amount and quality of the gourmet food and service you receive. Foodies should mark this as "THE" best of the best........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went to Chateau Morrisette for their Sunday brunch. We were seated, at our reservation time near a window with a great view. Our server was prompt to our table and recommended a very nice wine. There was plenty of great food with a diverse selection, including two choices at the carving station; ham and prime rib! People sharing the dining room with us seemed to be enjoying their meal also in a friendly atmosphere. This was our first time visiting this restaurant and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good variety of choicesviewsDined on 11/9/2014Hot food should be hot, cold food cold. Long lines at the egg station. cold plates at the hot food station. lack luster dessert table. cream for your coffee served in expesso cup (messy). beautiful views and grounds to make up for the brunch buffet.Special Features:
- Brunch - memorable eventFNBReunionDined on 11/9/2014We were looking for a special place to have a Goodbye gathering after 8 in our department lost their positions. The Chateau was perfect. We chose the brunch and invited the spouses. The food was wonderful. I loved the Prime Rib and the many different desserts. The location was memorable and made us all feel special. You could not be sad with the atmosphere, wonderful wine, great food, and special service. We are going to make this an annual event.Special Features:
- A great experienceperhapsodyDined on 11/9/2014I expected the food and ambiance to be stellar, and they were. What put the Chateau over the top for me was how kind everybody was to my preschooler. All the staff were friendly and helpful -- nobody acted like kids weren't welcome. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night OutlovebugriceDined on 11/8/2014I recently took 2 girlfriends on an overnight girl's trip; it included a cabin stay, Mabry's Mill & of course Chateau Morrisette. This was an excellent, first time experience. Our waiter was efficient & friendly offering advice when needed. The atmosphere was cozy & oh so relaxing. The fire place is an excellent 'touch'. The food .. ah-mazing! The pairings were PERFECT & to have the wine pairings listed as well is also a nice touch. We were able to relax & unwind a little which was the exact reason for our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014This was my first time at Chateau Morrisette although I have been a fan of the Black Dog wine for years. The restaurant did not disappoint. The food selection (and our choices) were excellent. I only wish we had made the trip earlier when the leaves were still in full color and it wasn't too cool to dine on the patio. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Wine on the Blue RidgeBlueRidgewineluvDined on 11/8/2014I have always loved eating here. I don't come often enough because it is about an hour's drive for me, but I think that is one thing that makes it special. If I lived just "around the corner" I would come too often. The views are breathtaking and the wine is great. The fact that is so close to Mabry Mill is just "icing on the cake".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to get away for lunch.snugglebugsDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I just drove up for lunch. We had an amazing lunch, bottle of wine and our server was outstanding! We do this a couple times a year and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we keep returningGrannyof6Dined on 11/5/2014The food, service and attention to detail ranks this as our favorite on the parkway. We eat here 4-6 times a year and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snow at "the dogs"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014What more Could you ask for: great food, wine and even the first snow of the season. We made an effort to plan our mtn. Trip to be in this area for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchjkuhnDined on 11/2/2014Chateau Morrisette's Sunday brunch is amazing. During the spring and summer months the selection seems to be a little larger. On this visit there was not as much to choose from as I am used to. However they do have amazing prime rib and the dessert bar is amazing.Special Features:
- Perfectly PERFECT!!!!!redsouthernbelleDined on 11/1/2014We had heard about Chateau Morrisette throught the wine festival in Virginia Beach and was excited to visit. The drive through the blue ridge parkway sets the scene for the vineyard. Beautiful!!!!!! The wine list is somewhat on the "sweeter" side, which by me was perfect. Our server helped in making the perfect selection to compliment your meal or if you like more of a "dry/bolder" flare. Our dinner was divine and the service was exceptional. Our server was the best anyone could even ask for. The atmosphere/ambiance is romantic and the fireplaces on this cold november day made the experience. I would recommend anyone to vist!!! We will be coming back!Special Features:
- disappointinghrc12345Dined on 11/1/2014We returned for our 2nd meal and were somewhat disappointed. We went for the first time 8 yrs ago and were blown away but tjis tome everything was mediocre at best. Food was good but not memerable. The rice and veggies were not good at all. Smoked chicken was great and steak was good too. Pork poutine was good but not special. Dessert was yurtle pie and was ok but again not great. Service was horrible. Not sure if we were treated so poorly b/c we brought our 3 small children but it kind of felt that way. Overall not the great place that i remember and we have no plans to return.Special Features:
- One of our best experiences hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Ms. B. and I have to Chateau Morrisette many times, and as a rule, the experience is very good. Some time ago, we did have a poor experience in the tasting room, but that had not soured us on the place overall, and I'm very glad we came back for dinner this time. The menu didn't seem as extensive as some previous visits but our selections proved fantastic. I had beef medallions in a wine-mushroom sauce with potatoes and asparagus, and Ms. B. had duck and dumplings, which sent her over the moon. The wine selection was better than ever, and our server allowed us to taste several before we decided on the 5 Grapes red blend. Service overall was perfect start to finish, so I'm giving top marks for this experience.Special Features:
- Great Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed celebrating a birthday with a small group of friends! The music was perfect and the food and wine set the tone perfectly!Special Features:
- Romantic get-away!VittorioDined on 10/31/2014This was our 4th visit to Chateau Morrisette and once again we were not disappointed, the service of our waittress (can't remember her name, but she was dressing like a Native Indian girl), and the quality of the food and the ambiance sitting by the fireplace on a cold Fall day made it once again a wonderful experience. We also love to dine out on the deck when the weather allows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Food, atmosphere, and service were excellent. View of surrounding area and grounds was very appealing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The food and wine selection are amazing. We sat out on the deck since the weather was nice outside; you would not believe the view. It was rolling mountains as far as you could see - and it was autumn so the leaves looked beautiful on top of the mountains. I ordered the beef medallions and everything tasted so great! I definitely recommend this place to anybody looking for a special place to dine in the mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We visit about two or three tomes a year - 90 Minute drive! The food is fantastic!! Scenic view of about 15 miles with the fall colors. Wait staff service was very good, but wait time between first two courses was excessive and then the last two came almost at the same time. The ambiance, view and high quality of the food more than offset the erratic service.Special Features:
- Love your place, but...2LuvbutDined on 10/27/2014While we always enjoy going to Chateau, I have the following observations about our latest trip: 1. We had a 1:30 reservation; we were seated at 2:00, even though there were multiple tables vacant (but not bussed) 2. Our waitress was pleasant, but not attentive 3. Our food was good 4. We were surprised to discover that the only "sandwich" option for lunch was a burgerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014Disappointed because menu selection SOLD OUT Never go on Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dvaretcouDined on 10/27/2014We come to Chateau Morrisette several times a year, sometimes with a group and sometimes as a couple. The food is always great, nicely presented and certainly an ample quantity. We are always favorably impressed with the host/hostess and especially the wait staff---some of the best we've ever encountered at a nice restaurant. Weather permitting, we enjoy the outside dining but the window-seating is almost as good a view. Your entrees are so ample, it easily is a meal two could share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableAaronChrisDined on 10/27/2014Glad we made this stop before returning to California. The food was excellent, wonderful wine parings and helpful, friendly staff. The fall vistas were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!luv2wineDined on 10/26/2014We went to the sunday buffet & the food & service was amazing! The waiter even set up our table for the 2 of us to face the french doors so we could see the mountain view for miles while we ate. Food was excellent....we had an amazing time & cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConnieConnieDined on 10/26/2014Our annual Fall visit to the winery & restaurant for Sunday brunch did not disappoint. A beautiful Fall day contributed to a very busy restaurant. The staff, including the waiters, appeared to handle it well and the buffet was well-stocked with appropriate temperature foods when we went through it. Our Westie, Kiki, enjoyed mingling with guests on the patio afterwards & enjoyed the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Day at Chateau MorrisetteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great time at Chateau Morrisette on Sunday. The food was delicious and we had a great server I love the pomegranate merlot vinagrette Looking forward to next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Horrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food would rival with any restaurant. And the views from restaurant, if seated outdoor or close to a window were amazing. However the ambiance in the restaurant was less than desirable. Just a big room with tables, no privacy. And the service was horrible. The restaurant was not packed but took forever to get food. Had to wait on a table, when we had a reservation, but when we were finally seated there were plenty of open tables!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014The Chateau is our favorite restaurant. We dine there every two month and have been doing so for the past 10 years. Each time we look forward to our dining experience. The place will grow on you! Great food and a well polished staff. Sincerely, Elke HoffmannSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We come to Chateau Morrisette every fall and always enjoy our experience. The Shrimp and Grits are consistantly amazing each time! The chef has changed the shrimp and grits to a grit cake but the cake is still soft and I was not disappointed at all. Great service, great view and always a romantic trip!!!Special Features:
- Simply beautiful!rdluv2chateauDined on 10/25/2014My experiences that "The Chateau" have always been lovely - one of my favorite places to go for dinner. Service and food is stellar. Wine - especially their reserve wines that I have enjoyed - delightful! My recommendataion to anyone is: JUST GO!! And yes - the view is beautiful.Special Features:
- Day on the Parkway.maggiemaeDined on 10/25/2014Great dining experience.the food was GREAT, service was to superior.What more could you ask forSpecial Features:
- Big noisy room, slow serviceDooneyDined on 10/25/2014Have always loved this place, but don't allow them to seat you in the big room. Very noisy, not cozy and we waited an hour for our sandwiches for lunch. Do sit outside for the view or in one of the smaller, quiet rooms. Hopefully, the service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lukewarm foodworldtravelDined on 10/25/2014Have dined here several times past 2 years, but food took a looong time to arrive. mac and cheese was congealed. may not go again
- Beautiful and DeliciousJforJordanDined on 10/25/2014Had a wonderful lunch on a perfect fall day at Chateau Morrisette. Overall, the best restaurant that I have found in the area. The food and service were really good. I give it four stars (five stars is really hard to get from me). And the view, oh man, you have to see the view, its just a few hundred yards off the Blue Ridge Parkway, that should give you some idea. 5+ stars on the view. Inside, there are several working fireplaces that are beautiful, warming and nice on a fall day. Price will usually run just under $30/head for a meal, a glass of wine and tip, a bit more if you add appetizers and dessert (and more wine :). But when it comes to setting, I have found nothing in the area that rivals it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.