Chateau Beauvallon & Scotch Bar
6385 Montee Ryan
Mont-Tremblant, QC J8E 1S5Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Chateau Beauvallon & Scotch Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chateaubeauvallon.com/en/dining/bon-vivant
- Phone: 8886816611x
- Hours of Operation:
7 Days a Week, 5-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary French / American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nick Namespetra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Chateau Beauvallon & Scotch Bar
Our restaurant will provide you with an unforgettable experience, a warm environment and personalized service. It is ideal for relaxed business, romantic dining and great for families. The menu is a selection of tasty dishes that take regional cuisine as a starting point, then add the excitement of international flavors. You will appreciate the Cuisine du marché with the fresh and local products, as well as the delicious home-made desserts. You can choose the Table d'Hôte or select à la carte, and our kids menu will delight even the small travellers.Continued
The wine list offers a selection for all tastes and budgets.
The wine list offers a selection for all tastes and budgets.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chateau Beauvallon & Scotch Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PegasusDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had dinner and my meal was acceptable but my wife's was very poor in terms of taste and presentation. One annoying point was that the table d'hote advertised on the website was no longer available. On a positive note, if you are a guest at the hotel you get a $25 voucher for the meal. It's a great location and a fine hotel but the food needs attention. The bar had an excellent choice of single malts and blends.
- surprising best sushi everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Absolutely the BEST sushi we have ever eaten. Very fresh, perfect texture. We eat sushi often and this was the best we've ever had. The service was warm, friendly and very made our evening perfect. We love the hotel and the restaurant was up to the same high quality. Merci beaucoup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High hopes for a Birthday SupperDisappointedDined on 8/9/2014We received the wrong wine with a lame explanation that it was not in their control as the SAQ decides what wine to give the restaurant. It is either what the restaurant requests or what SAQ considers equivalent. The surf and turf steak was great , but the shrimp were very overcooked. The venison meal was dry and tasted awful. We have allergies so were offered a special sauce, but the meat arrived without any. The restaurant was not busy at all and yet it was a struggle to get the attention of the staff. The first two courses were out to us in a very short period of time and then it took more than an hour for the next course. At the price we paid I also expected that the wine would have been poured, but we had to do it ourselves.
- Definitely the best sushi and filet10thanniversarydinnerwinDined on 7/26/2014In their marketing they claimed it was the best sushi in Tremblant.. and they were right! I like to think of myself as a sushi connoisseur.. and they are tops! I also had their filet mignon, and it was cooked to perfection, perfectly tender, and incredibly flavourful. I had their Maitre 'D Butter topping on the steak... absolutely delicious! I picked this spot for my wife's and my ten year wedding anniversary dinner.. and we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Good food but needs service help!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2014We had good sushi certainly the best in the Tremblant area. However, there was 1 waiter for the entire dining room and he was not attentive. Food was left sitting and got cold waiting to be brought to us. Needs a service assessment.
- Souper agréableSaturn03Dined on 6/29/2014Atmosphère calme, service exceptionnel, nourriture excellente, tout était en place pour un merveilleux souper en tête a tête. La salle manque un peut d'intimité, mais le reste compense. Le prix correspond au plats que nous avons reçu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Chateau Beauvallon & Scotch Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014The sushi was great, well presented, fresh and original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good dinnerKittyGVIPDined on 3/23/2014This restaurant is located in a hotel off the main road heading to the Mont Tremblant ski area and serves incredibly good food. i enjoyed a delicious carrot, ginger and orange soup and ordered duck for the main course/entree. my husband ordered the filet. both duck and steak were cooked exactly as ordered, very tender and tasty. the service was friendly and attentive. i am only sorry that i was too full to order dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening was painfullyMikeDined on 2/28/2014The evening was painfully long as the service was extremely slow. Three different waiters were implicated (at one point the initial waiter disappeared for an extended period of time) and there was confusion with the orders and we sat with no food, wine or even bread on the table for a long period of time. In all fairness, the waiters were all cordial and pleasant throughout the evening but it took forever for food to exit the kitchen. When it did come however, it was very good. We were at best 20-25 people in the restaurant.
- Ok, but too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014The restaurant is small and cozy. The noise level is more than acceptable. Sushis are fresh. Steak is overpriced. Service is a little too aggressive. Overall value is good.
- You cannot go wrong eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014You cannot go wrong eating here. Food is exceptional Price is reasonalble and comparable to any good steak house. The added sushi touch goes great with the steak dinner and makes for a unique form of surf and turf Would eat there again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpriced for Service and FoodgghoundDined on 12/23/2013Overall the food was good but it is far overpriced for what you get. The service is sloppy and the abiance is not what I would expect from a top notch restaurant. Dinner for 4 is in the $350+ range and for this amount I expect a high quality dining experience which this is not. It seems like a moderate level restaurant trying to be a top level restaurant and failing. I was really excited by the steak/sushi combination But I wont go back for sure. If the price was lower than I think it would be worth it and fi the value to the restaurant.
- Interesting table d'hoteRickDined on 6/16/2013Simple menu, expensive but worthwhile. Will return for sure. Great food. All dishes taken were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerGailVTMVIPDined on 6/14/2013My husband and I made a reservation at Bon Vivant to celebrate our seventh anniversary. We did not specify a special occasion and were seated at a small table near other diners. Our waiter soon appeared and seated us at a larger table in a more private area. We ordered table d' hote for $55; amuze bouche (a little bite), appetizer each, entree with sides and dessert. The escargot were wonderful, the ribeye was excellently prepared and the chocolate mousse was one of the best we've ever had. This is a fabulous little place; I wish it wasn't 1,000+ miles from home! A+++ all around.Special Features:
- SO SO SERVICEEATS1Dined on 5/18/2013Food was great... Service need improvement! I was surprised, every waiter in the place came to our table' no one assigned to us it would seem. Its a small restaurant about 60 diner capacity, no reason for the poor service. Amuse geule recieved at the same time as appetizers, other table received baskets of bread, none for us. No one came to see if every thing was all right or if we needed anything. We needed to flag down a waiter to get a second bottle of wine, its self poor at this restaurant which i dont mind. Last note, when the bill came there was a service charge included but "our" waiter hinted that more should be added. Would I give them a secon chance, yes i wouldI would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar and dining room very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Bar and dining room very nice and comfortable .Food good .Experience expensive ....make it a little more affordable and I would consider going other than special occasion ...tks.Special Features:
- I have eaten soup and starters:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I have eaten soup and starters: it was like the cook just threw the salt shaker in. Scalops were cooked too much (hard) and the onion soup had no onion, just a thick salty brown broth, awful considering it was 9$. Steak was well cook but the gratin dauphinois on the side was burnt. this is an experience not worth repeating.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/30/2013The steak was incredible and service was outstanding. The food and service was wonderful. Enjoyed dinner there with my family celebrating a family birthday. The staff were so accommodating, above and beyond. I will make sure to return on our next trip!Special Features: