Chat American Grill
1 Christie Place
Scarsdale, NY 10583Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Chat American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chatamericangrill.com/
- Phone: 9147224000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch Sat 11:30-3:30
Sunday Brunch 11:00-3:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jose Leon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 40 seat room with fireplace and separate entrance. Perfect for baby and bridal showers, birthday celebrations, etc. We also offer our main dining room of 100 seats and a 120 seat outside patio for larger functions.
- Private Party Contact: Mauro 9147224000
- Entertainment: Live Dj saturday late night.
A word from Chat American Grill
Chat American Grill opened in 2009. We are a conteparary American Restaurant. Owned and operated by the Mario Fava Restaurant Group. We are affiliated with Chat 19, Moscato and Lusardi's restaurants. Chat American offers "a little something" for everyone. Burgers, pizza, steaks, chops and fresh fish selections dominate the menu. As well as sandwiches and pastas. Chat American is open every day for lunch and dinner. We offer brunch on Saturday and Sunday as well. Chat American has an award winning bar and Cocktail list. And come the summer a beautiful outdoor patio for Al Fresco dining. Chat American has a wonderful nightlife at the bar Thurs, Fri, and Saturday.... And Delivery service availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Chat American Grill - Best Restaurants in Scarsdale ›
Chat American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (91)neighborhood gem (67)great for lunch (52)good for groups (41)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (34)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (16)romantic (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Our favorite place for brunchVillageResidentVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love brunch and love to try new brunch spots but every time we try somewhere new, we compare it to Chat and it comes up short. The outdoor patio is a lovely shaded spot. The service is always excellent and the servers are unfailingly pleasant. The eggs florentine is my favorite dish but there are many breakfast and lunch options to choose from. Iced coffee in a mason jar is not a new idea but it's terrific here. The patio can get a little crowded with large family groups but that means others enjoy Chat as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tangoVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good to excellent as always. Excellent steamed artichoke, Branzino was just Ok. Very bland , have had better elsewhere, . My daughter had the pasta with shrimp. Enjoyed it throughly. Will return again. Wait service very good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 8/24/2014Been to Chat many times & I keep giving it 1 more chance. think its chances are up though. the service is bad- waiters gather by the doorway & it's impossible to get someone's attention. our water glasses were never filled, bread basket not replenished, took 10 -15 mins. to get drink delivered (bloody mary came w/o celery although every other one we saw had it), had to ask for the specials, took 20 mins for waiter to come to take our order, good 40 mins to get lunch. food ok but not remarkable. best thing about the place is outdoor seating. waiter very grouchy.Special Features:
- Best outdoor dining in the areaPoorserviceVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great place, friendly maître d and excellent wait staff. Excellent food, delightful food ..one of the best outsoor spots in the areaSpecial Features:
- The Chat has returned to LifeNicknameVIPDined on 8/20/2014100% improved over the last time we ate here (in July). Everything went well from the moment we sat down until we finished. Waiter was very pleasant & efficient; he repeated each request to make sure everything was correct. Appetizers which included salad & lobster/crab tacos were delicious, as was the grilled salmon. A key lime tart with coffee completed the meal. We asked the waiter if he was new to this Chat & he told us he was originally from Chat in Larchmont. His name is Mario & it's worth coming here for his great service & friendly attitude alone . Food is always good but service iffy to poor; this time all was excellent. We will ask for Mario the next time we come in.Special Features:
- Relaxing dinnerSully38VIPDined on 8/15/2014Sitting on the patio on a Friday after a long week at work is a great way to start the weekend. The service is attentive and the food is delicious and beautifully presented.
- Great night at chatGreattimeDined on 8/13/2014First time at chat for dinner Great menu Food was fresh and nice presentation The greeting at the door was very friendly Service was attentive Cocktail list is very interesting After having a great meal decide to move to the bar which was very lively to relax and have an after dinner drink Great ambiance Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerBirdDined on 8/11/2014The food was great and the atmosphere amazing. Every couple of months a group of my girlfriends, usually six of us, go out for dinner, and this was by far one of the best locations we picked. The service was very good and the food was excellent. I ordered the spaghetti squash, which was excellent. For dessert we ordered Chat Bites. Of the chart delicious! Great outdoor space. I would highly recommend it. The menu is also fairly large so there is something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!VillageResidentVIPDined on 8/10/2014Chat has become my favorite summer brunch spot. The service is excellent; pleasant yet unobtrusive. The range of options is large covering both breakfast and lunch. My favorite is the Eggs Florentine. The breezes flow through the outside patio and umbrellas keep the sun at bay. Iced coffee and cappuccino keep you cool. A+ in my book.Special Features:
- Will definitely returnTashaVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a very enjoyable meal and I especially loved the outdoor dining. Although I felt our waiter was rushed and inattentive....the food was good and overall atmosphere very nice. I had the tuna steak and was told it was not spicy..however, it was....probably sesame oil. I might have asked to make it less spicy if I knew ahead of time. The kale Caesar salad was very good. I do plan to return...as many dishes looked really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Neighborhood GemHollyVIPDined on 8/8/2014When this restaurant opened in Scarsdale, it was quite the talk of the town. Many others have opened since, but Chat still provides a winning combo of great food, outdoor PRIVATE dining and a sensational bar scene.Special Features:
- good outdoor diningiluv2eatDined on 8/8/2014Still can't figure out why this place is so busy except that it is so convenient. Food, at best is fair. Turkey burger was bland, sweet potato fries were underdone, artichoke salad was fair at best and the lobster tacos were nothing to write home about. And what about paying 4.50 for an iced tea? Anyway, the service was great-very attentive and relaxed and timely when we asked for things and to be able to sit outside on a nice night is terrific. The food just needs major improvement.Special Features:
- Nice outdoors setting for downtowncentsibledinnerVIPDined on 8/8/2014When they first opened the food was better. Wish they would pay a little more attention to it and up their game. The menu choices are good, but the execution just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseMermaidDined on 8/5/2014I chose the location for outdoor dining and the menu looked good. I was surprised by a large, beautifully decorated indoor space - definitely a place I can see myself. But I wanted outside. It's a delightful garden environment with a view of the park. The food was delectable, excellently prepared and plated. Nelson and the crew were wonderful. I'll go back if I have a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!BeanVIPDined on 8/3/2014great food and great serivce! Love the outdoor seating areaSpecial Features:
- One of the worstFoodie123VIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was fair, service was non-existent. Waiter got 3 of the 4 meals wrong. Manager finally came over and did not do much better. We have eaten here a few times, always hoping that the next time will be better
- Chat - ScarsdaleInthehutDined on 7/27/2014Great meal. Good service. Always enjoy coming here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Some of the wait staff doesn't seem to understand what is going on but overall- we enjoy the restaurant and will continue to eat there and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentPoorserviceVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent food great service and adeligtful engages maître d. Dining on patio day or night a real treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Sat on the terrace on a beautiful day. Lots of salads and sandwiches to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thefridaygroupVIPDined on 7/22/2014Lobster Cob Salad was a big hit for a summer night. Don't miss berries in a box dessert. Our waitress recommended it and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Yum.MattDined on 7/22/2014Good food and attentive staff. Lovely outdoor dining area. The server knew the menu, knew how to listen to the diners, and convey special requests to the chef. It was a good meal. I thought it was a little pricey, but I'm from out of town and I didn't pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 7/17/2014best thing is that you can eat outside. food was only okay (i had spaghetti squash which was usually excellent in the past- this time it was very undercooked). waiters are nice but seem very unprofessional. seems as though they added extra tables and you sit on top of those next to you. even hard to find a way out!Special Features:
- Terrific Lunch SpotFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great place to have a nice lunch....appetizers, soups, salads, burgers, sandwiches etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood placeGrouchoVIPDined on 7/13/2014We usually have a late lunch here. I like the menu, there is something for any mood, whether you want a big steak or a light salad. Cocktail list is interesting and drinks are well executed. The outdoor area is nice. Management is friendly and attentive, even in the off hours. The meatballs are awesome. Overall it's a great place to have a lunch or casual dinner, and a few cocktails. This one is a little nice than the one in Larchmont.Special Features:
- Outdoor diningJoemullerDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was very busy, but with reservation that I made they got us in very fast and outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Luv2eatoutDined on 7/11/2014Food is great. Meatloaf is as always the best ever. Soft shell crabs was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, inattentive serviceSully38VIPDined on 7/7/2014Server knew nothing about the dishes on the menu, initially rushed us and then forgot about us. Multiple requests for water, bread, ice etc.
- The Great OutdoorsNicknameVIPDined on 7/6/2014I got rained out on my birthday in June but have been able to dine outdoors several times since. Food is good, atmosphere lovely & service tries to be good but probably too few waiters for amount of tables. Still, worth coming to for the great outdoors we've waited so long for.Special Features:
- Relaxing brunchVillageResidentVIPDined on 6/29/2014Service was exceptional at our recent brunch. The outdoor patio is a lovely place to have a meal. There is plenty of shade and the breezes just waft right through keeping you cool and comfortable. Our omelet and fish wrap were excellent; the waffle was a bit chewy; the fruit was perfect. I think that this is our new favorite brunch spot.Special Features:
- Best Keeps Getting Better...JmwpVIPDined on 6/27/2014I've been to this restaurant numerous times and each time I am amazed at how consistently great everything is. I made my reservation for a table because I know it can be busy on nice nights on the weekends. I had a minimal wait time which was amazing considering how packed it was. I love the food and all the employees there are the nicest in the world.Special Features:
- TerrificfoodtakeDined on 6/27/2014Our entrees were fresh and delicious and served piping hot. Architect did a great job with the design and decor. Most pleasant evening.Special Features:
- What's wrong with the Lobster Cobb?FamilyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Make sure that you look at your food before eating it. Graduation Brunch for five: The Lobster Cobb salad was decent, but I bit into something that wasn't quite right. I called the server who took this 2" long fibrous object to the kitchen. She then later returned and rather matter-of-factly told me that the chef said it was a piece of parchment paper used to cover the lobsters in the kitchen. No apology from the staff, kitchen, chef, or GM-no one. No offer to replace the salad, or even a complimentary drink, let alone a price adjustment. We are local residents. This was my first and will likely be my only dining experience here. I certainly will not recommend this restaurant to our friends and neighbors. We skipped the dessert.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The service was not good this time .I have been at Chats before with excellent service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual restaurantLadydiVIPDined on 6/25/2014Food is consistently good. Varied menu with lots of options. A gluten free menu was added recently so my husband is very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoys2eatoutsideDined on 6/24/2014The atmosphere is very pleasant. The service was poor to say the least. I asked for a refill of water 5 times and they never came back. Our entree took at least a half hour and when it came (the busboy barely spoke English) they brought the wrong dish for one of us with no apologies. They waiter did not come back to ask how our meal was and we overheard the table next to us complaining about their service. Our meals were good but we could not get past the bad service. When I asked for the check that was the only time we saw the waiter again and he id apologize for the mix up with the meals.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor spot. Not for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great ambiance. Nice for special occasions. Always good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tangoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed entire meal. Started with the steamed artichokes and if you like artichokes don't miss this dish. continued with mussels and the roast chicken. with butternut squash. All well prepared and ample portions. Service was very, very good. no complaints.Special Features:
- jackieDined on 6/19/2014We had a lovely girlie night here recently...food was very good..recommend the chicken stir fry..wine was delicious...staff friendly and attentive and price range was affordable...they have a very nice outdoor area but we sat inside..the air conditioning was a little high but not uncomfortable ..a nice findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 6/19/2014food was good & nice to sit outside. however service was poor. sat at table for good 10 mins before we had to ask waiter to order drinks. appetizers came- 2 of us were sharing a salad, but they didn't split it in the kitchen as many restaurants do. also, 1 of us ordered a salad as a main course and that was served with our apps. one other app didn't come out until significantly after the others. never received the red pepper that was requested. main courses- my main course did not come as ordered, another's salad came dressed when it was requested undressed. waiter no where to be found. has great outdoor seating though, which is the main reason to go back. waiters seem very poorly trained. bus boy did not understand anything we askedSpecial Features: