2200 N Westmoreland Street
Arlington, VA 22213Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chasintailscrawfish.com/
- Phone: (703) 538-2565
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: In 2012, we opened the first Chasin' Tails in Arlington, Virginia. Our promise is to always offer the greatest, most-friendly service, the most-authentic best-tasting drinks from Bourbon Street and the highest quality Cajun seafood that'll make native Lousianans homesick!
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7035382565x
- Cross Street: Washington/Lee Highway (US-29) and N. Westmoreland St
- Public Transit: East Falls Church Metro
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1. On Westmoreland Street, there is a parking garage for the restaurant/retail buildings. Please look for a sign connected to the building that says "Restaurant/Retail Parking".
2. On Westmoreland Street, there is metered street parking that is free after 6PM and all day Sunday.
3. On US-29, across the street from the restaurant, there is a Petro Oil building that our customers can park at after 2:30PM everyday.
A word from Chasin' Tails
Crawfish, a staple of Louisiana seafood, attracts thousands of visitors each year from all over the country to the region. The traditional Cajun way of serving crawfish is adding a special mix of homemade, southern style boil’s seasoning to a batch of crawfish. The boil is drained and dumped right onto the table. This style of food brings about a fun, social atmosphere for family and friends to gather during meal time. Add some beers and football and you have the perfect ingredients for a great time enjoyed by all. Our concept is centered around fun, friends, family and food. Utensils are discouraged. Getting hands on is encouraged. Crawfish are our mainstay, but we offer a good variety of seafood including shrimp, oysters, crab, and fish. Feel free to drop by anytime for to watch a game, enjoy good food and a few drinks!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chasin' Tails - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Chasin' Tails reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (40)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (28)kid-friendly (28)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (14)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014First time eating at Chasin' Tails. Outstanding service and wonderful experience. Food was great. First time eating gator - really good!! Quiet and not crowded on a weekday (Monday). Will recommend to all family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014We kept passing this place and never came in. Once we did, we kicked ourselves for missing out for months! Awesome food and a really fun way to eat, especially with kids who are adventurous. They give bibs and "medical" gloves to minimize the mess. GO TO CHASIN' TAILS. My family loves it!Special Features:
- Worth a VisitMaggieDined on 11/8/2014Shrimp by the pound were outstanding, crayfish a disappointment. Too small and not worth the work. Oysters, macaroni, cheese fries were good. would go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !!AcatlvrDined on 11/8/2014First time and can't wait to go back. Shrimp and crab legs were great. I do think they needed to cook a little longer but really no real issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummPheliciaDined on 11/5/2014We live down the street from this place and every time we walk by, it's crowded. Be sure to make a reservation before you head there. The seafood was really fresh, we ordered the shrimp and clams and we really like it. The OH DANG sauce was amazing! Give this place a shot, and you will not regret it.Special Features:
- good selection of fish dishes but..Omar2VIPDined on 10/26/2014great service & ambiance but the size of crabs are so tiny that makes us wonder if we are eating shells or real foodSpecial Features:
- Skip ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014We were looking forward to our reservation. We were wrong. Screaming babies for more than an hour, uninspired and unimaginative food, and poor service was what we were greeting with. Advertizes as a place for New Orleans food - completely lacks the subtlety of good New Orleans food. Appears to be a place for people who don't like silverware. Not a dining experience I would recommend. Skip it.
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Though the food was outstanding I have never had worse service in a restaurant before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Wonderful Service!!myfavoriteDined on 10/18/2014This is a wonderful place to "get it in" when you’re craving seafood! Everything was great!! As we dinned we noticed the wait at the front door. The hosts were offering water and something to nibble on while the guest waited to be seated. I thought that was so kind and considerate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GatorFSUDiningOutDined on 9/27/2014From Florida..... haven't been able to find any place in the area that serves gator. They do!!!! Not bad as it is fried but I love the food. Great atmosphere and fun to dine!Special Features:
- good food, original presentationvelasq19Dined on 9/21/2014very tasty seafood served in a bag, also tried the jambalaya and the crawfish etoufee. The desserts are awesome, great hurricanesSpecial Features:
- Best Catfish & Shrimp in townCarolineDined on 9/19/2014We've eaten at Chasin' tails three times. The consistency of the food is marvelous! The breading on the catfish and shrimp rivals none. My husband will not go elsewhere for his shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious experience!!!leeky1Dined on 9/11/2014Chasin Tails is not to be missed. The food is fantastic and the staff very attentive. It's a casual and relaxed atmosphere. So put that bib around your neck and enjoy!Special Features:
- Great place for after workFoodlvrDined on 9/11/2014The food here is amazing, be prepared to get your hands dirty with the seafood but it is def worth it!!!! The crawfish and shrimp are delicious plus the staff is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTXgirlfoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014It's always so difficult to get a reservation, which peaked my curiosity about this place. On Labor Day, I was finally able to score an early dinner reservation (5:45) and brought an out-of-town friend in tow. Man, were we disappointed! The service was lacking...finally greeted by someone who said she was helping out our waiter, Shaun. She ended up taking our order and bringing our food. Shaun came by once, impressively drew his name upside down with a crayon our our butcher paper tablecloth, and then disappeared. The food was so-so. They have a "special blend" of seasoning that I wouldn't recommend. Anyone who wants the crawfish boil experience should just get the regular Cajun seasoning. Overall, not worth it. Don't waste your time!
- Awesome AlwaysSociableDinerDined on 8/24/2014I had a surprise birthday party for my husband & 10 of our friends. The service & food were amazing. Everyone enjoyed themselves. This is my favorite restaurant in the DMV (hands down)!Special Features:
- Fun and delicious!ReynoldsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful spot for a great meal. Cece was our server and terrific! Oh, the fried green tomatoes and the catfish!!Special Features:
- Overall good experiencevtalanDined on 8/14/2014The location is relatively convenient. Street parking available nearby. The staff offer pretty good service. The food has a kick to it. Salads are dry and not very fresh. Shrimp are not super fresh and a couple taste funny. Most are hars to peel. The sauce is what makes this place different. Lobster tank was out of order, appears it hasnt worked for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodURFIR3DDined on 8/4/2014Excellent flavors, really reminds me of New OrleansSpecial Features:
- Fun JointpsrayDined on 7/31/2014We just love this place. Food is good, service is always wonderful and friendly, and the menu continues to expand. the first time i went it was pretty much bags of seafood on paper covered tables and some napkins. It was great, but I'm happy to see that the menu has continued to expand without losing the charm of the original experience (and there is cutlery ;) Love the 'whole shebang' sauce (all the sauces mixed together) on crawfish or shrimp. We also had the crawfish mac&cheese and it was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great serviceFoodmanDined on 7/29/2014Loved the Cajun food. Atmosphere was lively. To top it off, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 229 reviews are from the Chasin' Tails reviews archive.
- The absolute best seafoodTipToeDined on 7/25/2014This was my first time visiting the restaurant. The food was much better than I could have ever imagined. The "Oh, Dang" signature sauce is to die for. If I wasn't so stuffed right now, I would go back for dessert. This place is a must try!Special Features:
- Outstanding!GeoChanDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food especially crawfish with o-dang? spice. So yummy! Veru good service with friendly servers. A bit messy to eat but it was all worth it. humongus drink for a fair price (happy hr).Special Features:
- Great New Orleans FunOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014The crawfish and other seafood here is great the cheese fries were the best I have had since being in New Orleans. The service was friendly and very attentive. We love this place and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've hit the jackpot!SouthernGirlDined on 7/11/2014I'm a born and raised New Orleans girl and I know "my food". Chasing Tails has great seafood boils with AUTHENTIC flavor and southern style. This spot will be a regular .....great time and delicious food...laisse bon temps rouler!Special Features:
- 1st timerPynkpanther14Dined on 7/10/2014I have no complaints. I enjoyed all that I tasted, and the staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM!frankDined on 7/9/2014This place is amazing, we always get excited when we make a reservation to go lol AMAZING FOOD! We are sad to be moving back to Canada where they do not have these there :(Special Features:
- Loved it!JulesDined on 7/9/2014We hung out there for 3 and a half hours eating and drinking and chatting! Food was good and flavorful and messy, plus the happy hour prices were great! It's a fun restaurant with tons of character! Not to mention, Our server was dope! We did feel a bit as though we were being rushed out of the restaurant by the management after about 3 hours, so that was a little annoying, but it was starting to get busy and they probably needed that table for another reservation which I guess I can understand. Our server made us feel comfortable and welcome all evening though, so we tipped him really well! Overall, I definitely recommend you all give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation Dinner for My SonFoodieDined on 7/5/2014The food was good and served very hot. My son got a huge bowl of Jambalaya. The shrimp did not taste like shrimp, they tasted like the krill at the Chinese buffet. Large serving of French fries small catfish and calamari portion sizes. I was bothered by a crying child at a nearby table but a waitress move me to another table quickly. And I learned from the checkout receipt (which I noticed to late) that my estimation of the amount of the tip was $2.80 less than the “Suggested” tip on a $56.65 bill. Who Knew! And I had to feed a parking meter. Who Knew! Note: The restaurant noise levels were fine. Unfortunately the screaming baby gave me a headache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedeatnoutDined on 7/4/2014We felt rushed. Two of the three meals came out before the appetizer with a different server. When we sent meals back to wait for the app., the meals came later ice cold. They let it sit rather than make new ones. Couldn't get drink refills and the beer was above temperature. Not a fan of the plastic bags. Food was good yet the service was horrible.
- YAHOO2foodDined on 7/3/2014Very good service. Food was a little too salty but the Oh Dang sauce was oh diggity dang good. Crawfish is pretty small. Shrimp and mussels is a must! Calamari is okay, typical calamari. The beignet dessert was super yumzos! Definitely will come back again!Special Features:
- Second visit not as good as first.Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 7/2/2014We really enjoyed this place the first time. On our second visit the shrimp was overcooked and hard to peel, the crawfish étouffée was room temperature and the salad was uninspired. However the fried green tomatoes were the highlight of the meal and the service was overall friendly.
- Food ok, service poorAnonymousJVIPDined on 7/1/2014This was my first time at Chasin' Tails, and I was kinda disappointed. Partly it was my fault for ordering "pick your own" crawfish - I love crawfish, but it was way too much work for not much food. I knew I should have ordered the "swamp and a salad" which comes with sauteed crawfish, and I'll do that next time. My friend ordered the crab legs, and 1 lb. seemed pretty puny. We had beinets for dessert and they were delicious. The worst part of our meal was the service. Our waitress was confused about our drink order and, after our food came, she basically deserted us. Also, another server walking by dropped something and said the "f-bomb" even though there was a table of kids right there.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The service and the food were great. I will recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014The food is excellent. The service style was fun. I do believe the ambiance could use some work. The fun service style (no utensils, metal buckets, etc.) could show more in the restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virgin Chasin' Tails DinerPhiladelphiaEagleDined on 6/22/2014One of my staff recommended Chasin' Tails and I have to say.....Kudos!!!! The food was excellent and the service was even better!!! Very welcoming atmosphere and as I referenced above, the food was fantastic!!! Ordered the "Whole Dang Thang" w/Crawfish Etouffee-(had to order an extra one to take home...Lol). I will be visiting this fantastic place again...maybe this week!!!! I have recommended Chasin' Tails to 30+ friends already since my Sunday visit.......ENJOY!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy the waiter was great!dinneroutDined on 6/19/2014Introduced us to new foods and seasonings. The food was delicious and the atmosphere fun. A great family outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for seafood loversTermXXVIPDined on 6/18/2014The restaurant serves Louisiana style seafood, shrimp, mussels, etc., steamed and served in a bag with your choice of seasonings. Sloppy, but good. Servers are good, and trained to teach first-timers. There are other items on the menu, such as jambalaya and salads. The $1 oyster special on Wednesday keeps us coming back. One issue with the menu is that the seafood it offers is pretty much shellfish or catfish, and some of us would prefer salmon or snapper. Also, the menu should offer some vegetables as sides. I know of no other place in NoVa that serves seafood in this manner, so it is a unique experience that I would recommend trying once. Also, they offer reasonable happy hour drink specials.Special Features:
- Awesome food!Crazy4crayDined on 6/17/2014This place brought back all of what I missed about southern seafood cuisine! I found the perfect fix for my crawfish crave! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood spotjoy2foodDined on 6/15/2014The food is great. There is a variety of seafood - Crawfish, crab, shrimp, lobster, oysters and calamari - and all of it is cooked and seasoned perfectly. You have your choice of seasonings and heat so everyone is happy. The place is loud but in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.