2200 N Westmoreland Street
Arlington, VA 22213Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chasintailscrawfish.com/
- Phone: 7035382565
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: In 2012, we opened the first Chasin' Tails in Arlington, Virginia. Our promise is to always offer the greatest, most-friendly service, the most-authentic best-tasting drinks from Bourbon Street and the highest quality Cajun seafood that'll make native Lousianans homesick!
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7035382565
- Cross Street: Washington/Lee Highway (US-29) and N. Westmoreland St
- Public Transit: East Falls Church Metro
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 1. On Westmoreland Street, there is a parking garage for the restaurant/retail buildings. Please look for a sign connected to the building that says "Restaurant/Retail Parking".
2. On Westmoreland Street, there is metered street parking that is free after 6PM and all day Sunday.
3. On US-29, across the street from the restaurant, there is a Petro Oil building that our customers can park at after 2:30PM everyday.
A word from Chasin' Tails
Crawfish, a staple of Louisiana seafood, attracts thousands of visitors each year from all over the country to the region. The traditional Cajun way of serving crawfish is adding a special mix of homemade, southern style boil’s seasoning to a batch of crawfish. The boil is drained and dumped right onto the table. This style of food brings about a fun, social atmosphere for family and friends to gather during meal time. Add some beers and football and you have the perfect ingredients for a great time enjoyed by all. Our concept is centered around fun, friends, family and food. Utensils are discouraged. Getting hands on is encouraged. Crawfish are our mainstay, but we offer a good variety of seafood including shrimp, oysters, crab, and fish. Feel free to drop by anytime for to watch a game, enjoy good food and a few drinks!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chasin' Tails - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Chasin' Tails reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (40)kid-friendly (39)fit for foodies (30)hot spot (25)great for lunch (22)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)romantic (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A delicious experience!!!leeky1Dined on 9/11/2014Chasin Tails is not to be missed. The food is fantastic and the staff very attentive. It's a casual and relaxed atmosphere. So put that bib around your neck and enjoy!Special Features:
- Great place for after workFoodlvrDined on 9/11/2014The food here is amazing, be prepared to get your hands dirty with the seafood but it is def worth it!!!! The crawfish and shrimp are delicious plus the staff is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTXgirlfoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014It's always so difficult to get a reservation, which peaked my curiosity about this place. On Labor Day, I was finally able to score an early dinner reservation (5:45) and brought an out-of-town friend in tow. Man, were we disappointed! The service was lacking...finally greeted by someone who said she was helping out our waiter, Shaun. She ended up taking our order and bringing our food. Shaun came by once, impressively drew his name upside down with a crayon our our butcher paper tablecloth, and then disappeared. The food was so-so. They have a "special blend" of seasoning that I wouldn't recommend. Anyone who wants the crawfish boil experience should just get the regular Cajun seasoning. Overall, not worth it. Don't waste your time!
- Awesome AlwaysSociableDinerDined on 8/24/2014I had a surprise birthday party for my husband & 10 of our friends. The service & food were amazing. Everyone enjoyed themselves. This is my favorite restaurant in the DMV (hands down)!Special Features:
- Fun and delicious!ReynoldsDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful spot for a great meal. Cece was our server and terrific! Oh, the fried green tomatoes and the catfish!!Special Features:
- Overall good experiencevtalanDined on 8/14/2014The location is relatively convenient. Street parking available nearby. The staff offer pretty good service. The food has a kick to it. Salads are dry and not very fresh. Shrimp are not super fresh and a couple taste funny. Most are hars to peel. The sauce is what makes this place different. Lobster tank was out of order, appears it hasnt worked for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodURFIR3DDined on 8/4/2014Excellent flavors, really reminds me of New OrleansSpecial Features:
- Fun JointpsrayDined on 7/31/2014We just love this place. Food is good, service is always wonderful and friendly, and the menu continues to expand. the first time i went it was pretty much bags of seafood on paper covered tables and some napkins. It was great, but I'm happy to see that the menu has continued to expand without losing the charm of the original experience (and there is cutlery ;) Love the 'whole shebang' sauce (all the sauces mixed together) on crawfish or shrimp. We also had the crawfish mac&cheese and it was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great serviceFoodmanDined on 7/29/2014Loved the Cajun food. Atmosphere was lively. To top it off, service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The absolute best seafoodTipToeDined on 7/25/2014This was my first time visiting the restaurant. The food was much better than I could have ever imagined. The "Oh, Dang" signature sauce is to die for. If I wasn't so stuffed right now, I would go back for dessert. This place is a must try!Special Features:
- Outstanding!GeoChanDined on 7/24/2014Excellent food especially crawfish with o-dang? spice. So yummy! Veru good service with friendly servers. A bit messy to eat but it was all worth it. humongus drink for a fair price (happy hr).Special Features:
- Great New Orleans FunOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014The crawfish and other seafood here is great the cheese fries were the best I have had since being in New Orleans. The service was friendly and very attentive. We love this place and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've hit the jackpot!SouthernGirlDined on 7/11/2014I'm a born and raised New Orleans girl and I know "my food". Chasing Tails has great seafood boils with AUTHENTIC flavor and southern style. This spot will be a regular .....great time and delicious food...laisse bon temps rouler!Special Features:
- 1st timerPynkpanther14Dined on 7/10/2014I have no complaints. I enjoyed all that I tasted, and the staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEM!frankDined on 7/9/2014This place is amazing, we always get excited when we make a reservation to go lol AMAZING FOOD! We are sad to be moving back to Canada where they do not have these there :(Special Features:
- Loved it!JulesDined on 7/9/2014We hung out there for 3 and a half hours eating and drinking and chatting! Food was good and flavorful and messy, plus the happy hour prices were great! It's a fun restaurant with tons of character! Not to mention, Our server was dope! We did feel a bit as though we were being rushed out of the restaurant by the management after about 3 hours, so that was a little annoying, but it was starting to get busy and they probably needed that table for another reservation which I guess I can understand. Our server made us feel comfortable and welcome all evening though, so we tipped him really well! Overall, I definitely recommend you all give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation Dinner for My SonFoodieDined on 7/5/2014The food was good and served very hot. My son got a huge bowl of Jambalaya. The shrimp did not taste like shrimp, they tasted like the krill at the Chinese buffet. Large serving of French fries small catfish and calamari portion sizes. I was bothered by a crying child at a nearby table but a waitress move me to another table quickly. And I learned from the checkout receipt (which I noticed to late) that my estimation of the amount of the tip was $2.80 less than the “Suggested” tip on a $56.65 bill. Who Knew! And I had to feed a parking meter. Who Knew! Note: The restaurant noise levels were fine. Unfortunately the screaming baby gave me a headache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedeatnoutDined on 7/4/2014We felt rushed. Two of the three meals came out before the appetizer with a different server. When we sent meals back to wait for the app., the meals came later ice cold. They let it sit rather than make new ones. Couldn't get drink refills and the beer was above temperature. Not a fan of the plastic bags. Food was good yet the service was horrible.
- YAHOO2foodDined on 7/3/2014Very good service. Food was a little too salty but the Oh Dang sauce was oh diggity dang good. Crawfish is pretty small. Shrimp and mussels is a must! Calamari is okay, typical calamari. The beignet dessert was super yumzos! Definitely will come back again!Special Features:
- Second visit not as good as first.Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 7/2/2014We really enjoyed this place the first time. On our second visit the shrimp was overcooked and hard to peel, the crawfish étouffée was room temperature and the salad was uninspired. However the fried green tomatoes were the highlight of the meal and the service was overall friendly.
- Food ok, service poorAnonymousJVIPDined on 7/1/2014This was my first time at Chasin' Tails, and I was kinda disappointed. Partly it was my fault for ordering "pick your own" crawfish - I love crawfish, but it was way too much work for not much food. I knew I should have ordered the "swamp and a salad" which comes with sauteed crawfish, and I'll do that next time. My friend ordered the crab legs, and 1 lb. seemed pretty puny. We had beinets for dessert and they were delicious. The worst part of our meal was the service. Our waitress was confused about our drink order and, after our food came, she basically deserted us. Also, another server walking by dropped something and said the "f-bomb" even though there was a table of kids right there.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The service and the food were great. I will recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014The food is excellent. The service style was fun. I do believe the ambiance could use some work. The fun service style (no utensils, metal buckets, etc.) could show more in the restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virgin Chasin' Tails DinerPhiladelphiaEagleDined on 6/22/2014One of my staff recommended Chasin' Tails and I have to say.....Kudos!!!! The food was excellent and the service was even better!!! Very welcoming atmosphere and as I referenced above, the food was fantastic!!! Ordered the "Whole Dang Thang" w/Crawfish Etouffee-(had to order an extra one to take home...Lol). I will be visiting this fantastic place again...maybe this week!!!! I have recommended Chasin' Tails to 30+ friends already since my Sunday visit.......ENJOY!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy the waiter was great!dinneroutDined on 6/19/2014Introduced us to new foods and seasonings. The food was delicious and the atmosphere fun. A great family outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for seafood loversTermXXDined on 6/18/2014The restaurant serves Louisiana style seafood, shrimp, mussels, etc., steamed and served in a bag with your choice of seasonings. Sloppy, but good. Servers are good, and trained to teach first-timers. There are other items on the menu, such as jambalaya and salads. The $1 oyster special on Wednesday keeps us coming back. One issue with the menu is that the seafood it offers is pretty much shellfish or catfish, and some of us would prefer salmon or snapper. Also, the menu should offer some vegetables as sides. I know of no other place in NoVa that serves seafood in this manner, so it is a unique experience that I would recommend trying once. Also, they offer reasonable happy hour drink specials.Special Features:
- Awesome food!Crazy4crayDined on 6/17/2014This place brought back all of what I missed about southern seafood cuisine! I found the perfect fix for my crawfish crave! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood spotjoy2foodDined on 6/15/2014The food is great. There is a variety of seafood - Crawfish, crab, shrimp, lobster, oysters and calamari - and all of it is cooked and seasoned perfectly. You have your choice of seasonings and heat so everyone is happy. The place is loud but in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerAFTR7Dined on 6/7/2014This was my first time dining at Chasin' Tails. I enjoyed the food very much. I had the "whole dang thang" platter which was great but it was a lot of food. Also had the bread pudding for desert, that would've been better if it didn't have chocolate in it. My daughter had the snow crabs she was pleased with them. The service was great, the food came out quickly, the manager stopped by to make sure everything was ok. Our server kept our glasses full never had to ask for a refill. I plan on going back to try the crawfish and the king crab.Special Features:
- Great FoodhappywitfoodDined on 6/7/2014Totally enjoyed eating here. We made a reservation and arrived on time at 5:45 and we were seated immediately. The price per pound for the crab legs were a bit high but it was in a restaurant verses buying them in the seafood department at my local grocery store. We all ate the crab legs and shrimp in the OH DANG sauce and it was exceptional. Because it was not real busy the kitchen cut the heads off of the shrimp which made it a real plus for me. The service was great and the atmosphere was comparable to cuisine. I would recommend that you try to go early so that you avoid the crowds I have heard about, this way you can enjoy in a moderately noisy atmosphere and plenty of elbow room to really dig in!Special Features:
- will come backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great seasonings on all the food. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Dad's Birthday DinnerGottiDined on 5/31/2014We had a great experience at Chasing Tails, the food was great, and the service was awesome!! We loved the fried oysters!! My father wants to come again on Father's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot for date nightJaneleeDined on 5/27/2014If you want something special other than just ordinary american restaurants, Chasin tails has all.Special Features:
- Great Crab joint!StevePDined on 5/26/2014Our second time Chasin' Tails! Enjoyed the King Crab legs as the Blue Crab was listed as out of season. The place was packed but thank goodness I made a reservation before arriving. The meals are pricey but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Chasin' Tails reviews archive.
- HmmDisappointedVIPDined on 5/17/2014We ordered lobster which was way overcooked and quite rubbery. The gumbo was by far the worst I have ever had. On a positive note I would order only the crab legs if I dined there again.Special Features:
- went for mother's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014my kids enjoyed the food. we sat next to a nice couple. very generous portions.Special Features:
- Great food, great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I highly recommend this place whether going with friends, family, kids, etc... Great food and great experience will definitely be going back!!! I recommend the crawfish and the gator nuggets. I literally was served some of the biggest crawfish I have ever seen in my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Food4marsDined on 5/10/2014Have been here a couple of times. Always great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Go to old Southern cooking in our own backyard here in Arlington!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!NovagirlDined on 5/8/2014Some of the best seafood in NoVa! Very delicious, the crab legs are fantastic. My favorite wings are served here too. The staff is friendly and attentive. The cocktails are great, a little pricey but worth it. My favorite place to eat in NoVa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.