Chase Restaurant Bar & Grill
1012 State St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Chase Restaurant Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chasebarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 8059654351
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Carrillo St.
- Public Transit: There is a downtown open air shuttle that picks up and drops off directly across the street. Which is a .25 fare. Cab fare is $10 or less from most hotels.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have a public parking lot located directly behind our building just off Anacapa St.75min complimentary parking.
A word from Chase Restaurant Bar & Grill
Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara and Theater district, Chase Bar and Grill has been a locals favorite for over 34 years. The ambiaunce will amaze, the staff will delight, the food will keep you coming back for more. We proudly feature local wines and handcrafted cocktails. Pastas and sauces made from scratch, Steaks and Seafood sourced fresh daily, and farmers market vegtables. Join us for a great Santa Barbara tradition!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chase Restaurant Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Charming and RomanticHalGoletaDined on 9/9/2014The ambiance is warm and friendly, the service is par excellence. It is my friend's favorite restaurant, it has become our choice for special occasions and dates. I cannot comment much on the food, we always have the same dish--Chicken Piccata, which is excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent!CesarGv21Dined on 9/7/2014The service was excellent and the food in one word: superb!!!Special Features:
- Bad start-good finishheres2uDined on 7/17/2014We we're seated as soon as we arrived on time, but it took 15 minutes for someone to come to our table to ask if we'd like to start with something to drink. We received our water as we sat down but then we sat for a long time without any acknowledgement. Would have loved to had our cocktail during that time. When we finally did get the waitress to stop for a drink order, it took another 10 minutes to finally get them. We actually could see them sitting on the bar from our table. The bartender did not make the champagne cocktail I order-just poured a glass, so I had to send it back with instructions on how to make one. My husbands martini was missing the olives so that was then needed to be addressed. After that everything was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceScorpioDined on 7/12/2014I was craving a filet since it had been awhile since I hD one and I was really pleased. I order mine rare & it was cooked & seasoned perfectly. I'm kinda picky about my steaks too & chase did not disappoint. The service & ambiance was great & I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Celebrated daughters graduation from UCSB... we all loved the restaurant. Really great atmosphere...lively, and close quarters.Special Features:
- Content Taste BudsNena2828Dined on 6/7/2014First time dining in this nicely decorated restaurant. It reminded me of the restaurants in France. I reserved through OpenTable and totally loved when I showed up and they knew who I was without saying anything. I had the salmon and definitely enjoyed the flavors my taste buds encountered with each bite. The ambience was energetic and I didn't mind. It added to our birthday celebration mood.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Chase Restaurant Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Chasing DrinksJerryDined on 4/17/2014Overall, very good. A bit noisy by the bar, but the service was above average, the food was very good, the drinks excellent, and desert was yummy. All for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion dinnerjanzDined on 4/15/2014Chose this restaurant for a birthday dinner celebration. Restaurant was very quiet when we arrived for a 7pm weeknight reservation. Dinner special of filet, shrimp picata and tortalini carbonara was truly exceptiinal. Price is higher end but worth it. Service was appropriately attentive. We will:definately return for a special dinner,Special Features:
- If you love Chicken Picattamnotr1VIPDined on 3/8/2014If you love chicken picatta this is the place for you. They have been doing this great for as long as I can remember. The sauce is not a thick sauce and takes great with the side of pasta that comes with your meal.Special Features:
- had to wait 20 minutes forandyVIPDined on 2/16/2014had to wait 20 minutes for my reservation, but great drinks at the barSpecial Features:
- Great Business LunchSbroadhogDined on 2/12/2014The Chase has several booths along one wall which makes it ideal for parties of three or four to gather in a nice atmosphere. Our luncheon did not start until after 1pm so the lunch rush was pretty much over and we receive very attentive service (probably 30minutes) of talk over drinks without being asked constantly are you ready to order. When we were ready to order lunch was brought promptly , hot, and presentable. Good downtown location with parking behind the restaurant in a city lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their chicken picatta--andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/1/2014Love their chicken picatta--and the fettucini alfredo. And the ambiance at Christmas is magical. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant Italian RestaurantMWinSBDined on 12/24/2013We've been there many times and have always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor dining experiencelocal17Dined on 12/23/2013We went to Chase's for my Dad's b-day. It turned out to be a frustrating experience. To start with we tried to order a bottle of wine/they didn't have 3 out of the 5 bottles they had on their wine list. Second, I tried to order a veal chop/15 minutes later the waiter comes back and says they don't have any. I then try to order the lamb chops(they don't have any of course). I then order the Filet/comes out in a very average presentation(overcooked). Overall, not a good experience for the holidays...
- Consistently goodsblocalDined on 12/4/2013Have come to Chase many times, and will continue to. Best chicken piccata around, and a perfect caeser salad.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2013We always have such a great time there. It is just delicious!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DINING FIND!PRSIMONDined on 11/13/2013We have lived locally for 20 years and somehow this was our first time here. Wow! Food was exceptionally delicious, served hot, perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Menu was varied and alluring and service was excellent. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant. The only negative to this restaurant was the temperature. It was very warm inside in spite of overhead fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.