1765 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charthousewaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089416669
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:30am (Food served till 11:30pm), Friday: 4:30pm - 2am (Food served till 12:30am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 2am (Food served till 12:30am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:30am (Food served till 11:30pm)
Dining Room: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Randy Manuel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chart House Waikiki doesn’t have private rooms, but we are able to accommodate parties of various sizes, as well as exclusive private luncheons during the day. Contact us to create a menu specifically for you and your event.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Okamoto, General Manager 8089416669
- Entertainment: Live Hawaiian contemporary entertainment.
Monday - Thursday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:30am
Saturday:8:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday:6:00pm - 9:00pm
See our website for Entertainers schedules.
- Cross Street: Hobron Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Chart House Validated Parking at the Ilikai Marina
4 Hours - $5.00
Parking is available in our building complex; the entrance to the parking structure is located on Hobron Street, right after the Red Lobster. The Chart House Waikiki is located on the first floor as soon as you exit the elevator. Meter street parking is also available in the front of the Chart House Waikiki.
Live Hawaiian contemporary entertainment and early and late happy hours heat up the night in the cocktail lounge. Serving the island’s largest pupu menu. For the highlight of the island dining or taste of local night life, the Chart House Waikiki is the place to be for good food, good friends and good times.
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Enjoyed our dining experience !LolaVIPDined on 10/17/2014We totally enjoyed our dinner at the Chart House. Great service, good food and loved the curved table set up!Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014The Ahi Mignon was the best I have ever tasted! The wife had the filet and shrimp and it too was awesome. Appetizers are second to none and the entire dining experience was wonderful. Thanks Chart House for making our last evening in Oahu very special.Special Features:
- Great ambienceMagooDined on 10/10/2014This was our 1st visit to Sarento, and we were very pleased. The atmosphere was romantic, the views spectacular, and the food delicious. The wait staff was excellent, and attentive, and we wanted for nothing. We would highly recommend Sarento when you visit Oahu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner overlooking the waterPriIsMeDined on 10/2/2014We requested a table with a nice view when we made the reservation and the restaurant honored our request which was nice. The food was great, I had the moonfish. Key lime pie was very good in texture and not overwhelming in lime, as many can be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazinglpoahaDined on 9/29/2014Had a birthday there. Our waiters payed perfect attention to detail. Loved the music and ambiance. Great for any occasion. Overall wonderful experience and food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for average foodRodneyDined on 9/26/2014The view and the waitstaff were fantastic, but the food was fair. My rice and fish had no flavor although both were cooked well. Two of my shrimp were cooked properly, but the rest were over cooked and mushy. My THREE small asparagus were cooked properly. My husband's pork chops were very dry and over cooked. Way too expensive for what we got. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Service is good.SHIZUDined on 9/24/2014The meat from Hawaii which had you recommend you is very soft, and delicious!! Although homemade bread was also very delicious, he cannot eat up. A new thing was wrapped for takeout. A scene and live music are great.Special Features:
- Do not recommend.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014I went with my boyfriend for his birthday. We ordered two steaks. His steak was just ok but it was the higher priced steak. My steak was horrible. Very dry and rubbery. I just took two bites and couldn't eat anymore. To make things worse, the waiter didn't offer to take it off the bill. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Sunset and dinnerJandBVIPDined on 9/16/2014The prime rib was very good as we're the crab legs. The sea bass was not fresh and had an off odor. The waiter offered to remove it from the bill. Service was good and got a little slow once the restaurant filled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaikikiDined on 9/9/2014After two trips and a total of 16 days in Waikiki, the Cart House came in number one. Great service, great views and a first class meal.Special Features:
- Fun restaurantmomoDined on 9/7/2014This was recommended to us by my niece who lived in Honolulu ..... so glad she did! ..... thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience ... bar scene was very lively (happy hour) and dinner was great with a wonderful water view table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrote Tip pricePinuadDined on 9/5/2014I was surprised, tip has been described in the accounting whenSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceKerryDined on 9/1/2014We always get great service and excellent food at Chart House. Will definitely keep going there.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnermrsmackDined on 8/31/2014Me and my husband came to eat here because it was highly reccommended by a friend of his. We were celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. We were seated in a nice area overlooking the harbor. We had our picture taken..too bad we had to pay but it was a nice picture of us. The food was excellent. Our waiter and other staff treated us really well. We look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceHappyCustomerDined on 8/31/2014Haven't been here in years and happy to go again. Service was awesome and food was great!Special Features:
- A disappointmentAloha123Dined on 8/29/2014We made reservations for diner after having cocktails the week before . They sat us at a table that we shares with two other tables. I asked if they had something that wasn't back in a closet and that I shared with two other tables and they told me if I wanted another table it would be a hour wait. We sat ate the ribs were not good my wife had stuffed ahi and I think they used a cheaper fish. All in all I love Chart House And someone owes me an apology.Special Features:
- waltahDined on 8/26/2014Servise was outstanding >> very friendly and courteousSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedMarissaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We came here to celebrate my grandma's birthday. I was a little worried because some reviewers had called it "noisy" but we didn't find that that was the case. We were seated in the dining area with a lovely view of the harbor. Our server was friendly and efficient and the food was good! (Except for the steak, which was not great). Tip: On Friday nights, you can see the fireworks from the Hilton, so ask for a seat with a view. :)Special Features:
- Excellent food and friendly staff808DINERDined on 8/19/2014Very friendly and attentive staff here! All of the food was of the highest quality with very good sized portions! A pleasant view of the sunset on the boat harbor with live music and not too bustling of an atmosphere made for a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House takes you back in timeMyomamanDined on 8/17/2014I imagined the place hasn't changed much in the last thirty or forty years but that's not a bad thing. It actually felt homey and comforting. The service was very good and the food was well prepared and received well by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, but!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The Chart House on the Waikikii marina is very beauitful. The service was good, but the place was busy and your party can get lost. The baby back ribs were very large and fell off the bone. The NY strip steak had a great flavor, but was like chewing beef jerky, tough. The The French onion soup lacked a base and was watery. Having said all that the place is worth a second chance. Just stay away from the NY strip steak.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceLikestoRelaxDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the menu of the month options. Reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of food being offered. Servie was just right: attentive but not hovering. Very nice casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as expectedJbonstottDined on 8/3/2014I've eaten at several Chart House restaurants and this location was as good as all the rest -and that's pretty good! My wife and I were seated outside facing the Marina. The scenery was pleasant, the food was delicious -the best stuffed shrimp I've ever had, and our server was truly concerned about pleasing us. My water glass never reached half empty! The only thing that was am issue was the obnoxious know it all at the next table correcting the hard-working waiter on the attributes of a certain fish. Not the restaurant's fault. A great place to get away from the Waikiki Beach crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Off the Charts!CaneMasterVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had a wonderful time at the Chart, the ambiance was perfect the food great the wait staff awesome. Really liked the live music which the kids sang to as they ate. A great family treat and reasonably priced!Special Features:
- DivaobDined on 8/2/2014Great location and service! Drinks left something to be desired, but overall fantastic experience:). Very accommodating for a large party of nine adults!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeBrianVIPDined on 6/30/2014We were a family of 4 on vacation. Everyone found good food and drink. Even though the place was real busy, the service was very good and friendly. The live music and harbor views were a nice touch. We'd go back.Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the Chart House - Waikiki reviews archive.
- Old World WaikikiChicago12Dined on 6/28/2014The food is beyond good….its great. The decor and atmosphere is perfect. Yes this is an old fine dining restaurant that grown up with grace. Big thanks to the wait staff, chefs and management for keeping the Chart House perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReallybadserviceDined on 6/20/2014Food was good. The waiter John is always attentive and entertaining. Got a table by the window so we could watch the fireworks. It was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing diningNorthyDined on 6/17/2014Arrived 15 minutes late, misread what time I booked, they still held Our table overlooking the harbour, very friendly staff and very efficient, we booked the set menu and that was good quality value for money, 3 courses for $30.95. My wife had the pork and I had the steak, cooked to perfection, for sweet I had the key lime pie which was enormous. Would highly recommend this restaurant, I'm booking again before we leave this gorgeous Island.Special Features:
- Food was overpriced.FoodieDined on 6/15/2014No refills on drinks and they charge $3.95 way overpriced and long wait to get food and place wasn't even busy.
- Father's Day DinnerTripleEDined on 6/15/2014Through "Open Table", dinner reservations made the day prior to Father's Day. Using Open Table, made it easier without hassles. At the restaurant, my reservations was confirmed and seated within minutes of our reservations. The service and food was excellent. Being it was Father's Day Dinner, a large crowd was expected and the noise level was on the higher side naturally. Had been to this restaurant a few times in the past and it has been consistent with great food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- RomanticAngelaKeenDined on 6/14/2014We are regulars at Dukes but we rarely eat in their restaurant area. We usually go to their bar for happy hour. We were pleasantly surprised to get a reservation so quickly. It was very nice that they placed us on a great table overlooking the Ala Wai Harbor. Talk about romantic! We enjoyed the Wagyu beef as well as the Szechuan Kahuku prawns. The Kahuku prawns are to die for! They usually run out fast but for some reason I was lucky to have them on a Saturday night. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We were too full for Hula Pie so we opted for the creme brule. If you order desert make sure you get the Hula Pie!Special Features:
- Very nice view!LisaMDDined on 6/14/2014I did not know that this Chart House is not a member of the Chart House chain on the Mainland. I think this explains why food was just average. Service was very good and the view was very nice to compensate.Special Features:
- TAKADined on 6/8/2014It was good sceanic view. And foods are really good,thank you.Special Features:
- Lively On The WeekendLousyOnTheWaitDined on 6/6/2014Great entertainment venue and energetic ambience. Wait staff was courteous and helpful. The location overlooks out towards the harbor and at sunset it is quite lovely. Food is average, however beverages were phenomenal! Truly a nice place to catch up with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated Steak House FareNathanSVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our meals were amazing. Each course from the soups (clam chowder and French onion), to the appetizer (stuffed mushrooms on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes), to our entrees (stuffed shrimp for her and ribs for me) and even to the dessert (crème brulee) had some unique feature of preparation, presentation, or flavor that was unexpected and elevated it above standard steakhouse fare. The service was responsive and very good early in the meal although we did notice it slowed dramatically after the fireworks as we waited for our check. Did I say fireworks? If you can reserve a spot on the lanai on Friday night, the neighboring hotel shoots fireworks over the beach and the Charthouse offers diners a perfect view.Special Features:
- Tourist SpotFooMoonDined on 5/11/2014Food was OK. Clam chowder was "starchy" and not much taste. Squaw bread should be served warm, not cold. Key lime pie was a generous piece and one of the better ones I've had. Found the prices high for quality of food and the casualness of the restaurant. The restaurant has not been renovated for years. It is a typical tourist spot servicing the hotels in the area. Only went there because we were late in making Mother's Day reservations and it was the only restaurant able to seat 11 of us. Service was very good; both waiters were attentive and aimed to please.Special Features:
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014완전 불친절에 싸가지 없음 절대 다신 가지도 추천도 안함 분위기도 노티나고 거지같음 Bad..bad
- First Time Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Loved everything about this place. The wait staff was friendly and courteous. Food cooked to order and definitely filling.Special Features:
- Food was good, butShokeDined on 5/2/2014Food was very good, especially fresh oysters were excellent. But disappointed that the reservation did not matter to get a requested table. In fact, even we were treated as no show by the Open Table system. Probably better to show up earlier without a reservation and to take the table where you would like to seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.