1765 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.charthousewaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089416669
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:30am (Food served till 11:30pm), Friday: 4:30pm - 2am (Food served till 12:30am), Saturday: 5:00pm - 2am (Food served till 12:30am), Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:30am (Food served till 11:30pm)
Dining Room: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Randy Manuel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chart House Waikiki doesn’t have private rooms, but we are able to accommodate parties of various sizes, as well as exclusive private luncheons during the day. Contact us to create a menu specifically for you and your event.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Okamoto, General Manager 8089416669
- Entertainment: Live Hawaiian contemporary entertainment.
Monday - Thursday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:30am
Saturday:8:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday:6:00pm - 9:00pm
See our website for Entertainers schedules.
- Cross Street: Hobron Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Chart House Validated Parking at the Ilikai Marina
4 Hours - $5.00
Parking is available in our building complex; the entrance to the parking structure is located on Hobron Street, right after the Red Lobster. The Chart House Waikiki is located on the first floor as soon as you exit the elevator. Meter street parking is also available in the front of the Chart House Waikiki.
Live Hawaiian contemporary entertainment and early and late happy hours heat up the night in the cocktail lounge. Serving the island’s largest pupu menu. For the highlight of the island dining or taste of local night life, the Chart House Waikiki is the place to be for good food, good friends and good times.
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- NiceHappyCustomerDined on 8/31/2014Haven't been here in years and happy to go again. Service was awesome and food was great!Special Features:
- A disappointmentAloha123Dined on 8/29/2014We made reservations for diner after having cocktails the week before . They sat us at a table that we shares with two other tables. I asked if they had something that wasn't back in a closet and that I shared with two other tables and they told me if I wanted another table it would be a hour wait. We sat ate the ribs were not good my wife had stuffed ahi and I think they used a cheaper fish. All in all I love Chart House And someone owes me an apology.Special Features:
- waltahDined on 8/26/2014Servise was outstanding >> very friendly and courteousSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedMarissaVIPDined on 8/22/2014We came here to celebrate my grandma's birthday. I was a little worried because some reviewers had called it "noisy" but we didn't find that that was the case. We were seated in the dining area with a lovely view of the harbor. Our server was friendly and efficient and the food was good! (Except for the steak, which was not great). Tip: On Friday nights, you can see the fireworks from the Hilton, so ask for a seat with a view. :)Special Features:
- Excellent food and friendly staff808DINERDined on 8/19/2014Very friendly and attentive staff here! All of the food was of the highest quality with very good sized portions! A pleasant view of the sunset on the boat harbor with live music and not too bustling of an atmosphere made for a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House takes you back in timeMyomamanDined on 8/17/2014I imagined the place hasn't changed much in the last thirty or forty years but that's not a bad thing. It actually felt homey and comforting. The service was very good and the food was well prepared and received well by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, but!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The Chart House on the Waikikii marina is very beauitful. The service was good, but the place was busy and your party can get lost. The baby back ribs were very large and fell off the bone. The NY strip steak had a great flavor, but was like chewing beef jerky, tough. The The French onion soup lacked a base and was watery. Having said all that the place is worth a second chance. Just stay away from the NY strip steak.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceLikestoRelaxDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the menu of the month options. Reasonably priced for the quality and quantity of food being offered. Servie was just right: attentive but not hovering. Very nice casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as expectedJbonstottDined on 8/3/2014I've eaten at several Chart House restaurants and this location was as good as all the rest -and that's pretty good! My wife and I were seated outside facing the Marina. The scenery was pleasant, the food was delicious -the best stuffed shrimp I've ever had, and our server was truly concerned about pleasing us. My water glass never reached half empty! The only thing that was am issue was the obnoxious know it all at the next table correcting the hard-working waiter on the attributes of a certain fish. Not the restaurant's fault. A great place to get away from the Waikiki Beach crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Off the Charts!CaneMasterVIPDined on 8/3/2014Had a wonderful time at the Chart, the ambiance was perfect the food great the wait staff awesome. Really liked the live music which the kids sang to as they ate. A great family treat and reasonably priced!Special Features:
- DivaobDined on 8/2/2014Great location and service! Drinks left something to be desired, but overall fantastic experience:). Very accommodating for a large party of nine adults!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeBrianVIPDined on 6/30/2014We were a family of 4 on vacation. Everyone found good food and drink. Even though the place was real busy, the service was very good and friendly. The live music and harbor views were a nice touch. We'd go back.Special Features:
- ReallybadserviceDined on 6/20/2014Food was good. The waiter John is always attentive and entertaining. Got a table by the window so we could watch the fireworks. It was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing diningNorthyDined on 6/17/2014Arrived 15 minutes late, misread what time I booked, they still held Our table overlooking the harbour, very friendly staff and very efficient, we booked the set menu and that was good quality value for money, 3 courses for $30.95. My wife had the pork and I had the steak, cooked to perfection, for sweet I had the key lime pie which was enormous. Would highly recommend this restaurant, I'm booking again before we leave this gorgeous Island.Special Features:
- Food was overpriced.FoodieDined on 6/15/2014No refills on drinks and they charge $3.95 way overpriced and long wait to get food and place wasn't even busy.
- Father's Day DinnerTripleEDined on 6/15/2014Through "Open Table", dinner reservations made the day prior to Father's Day. Using Open Table, made it easier without hassles. At the restaurant, my reservations was confirmed and seated within minutes of our reservations. The service and food was excellent. Being it was Father's Day Dinner, a large crowd was expected and the noise level was on the higher side naturally. Had been to this restaurant a few times in the past and it has been consistent with great food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- RomanticAngelaKeenDined on 6/14/2014We are regulars at Dukes but we rarely eat in their restaurant area. We usually go to their bar for happy hour. We were pleasantly surprised to get a reservation so quickly. It was very nice that they placed us on a great table overlooking the Ala Wai Harbor. Talk about romantic! We enjoyed the Wagyu beef as well as the Szechuan Kahuku prawns. The Kahuku prawns are to die for! They usually run out fast but for some reason I was lucky to have them on a Saturday night. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We were too full for Hula Pie so we opted for the creme brule. If you order desert make sure you get the Hula Pie!Special Features:
- Very nice view!LisaMDDined on 6/14/2014I did not know that this Chart House is not a member of the Chart House chain on the Mainland. I think this explains why food was just average. Service was very good and the view was very nice to compensate.Special Features:
- TAKADined on 6/8/2014It was good sceanic view. And foods are really good,thank you.Special Features:
- Lively On The WeekendLousyOnTheWaitDined on 6/6/2014Great entertainment venue and energetic ambience. Wait staff was courteous and helpful. The location overlooks out towards the harbor and at sunset it is quite lovely. Food is average, however beverages were phenomenal! Truly a nice place to catch up with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated Steak House FareNathanSDined on 5/23/2014Our meals were amazing. Each course from the soups (clam chowder and French onion), to the appetizer (stuffed mushrooms on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes), to our entrees (stuffed shrimp for her and ribs for me) and even to the dessert (crème brulee) had some unique feature of preparation, presentation, or flavor that was unexpected and elevated it above standard steakhouse fare. The service was responsive and very good early in the meal although we did notice it slowed dramatically after the fireworks as we waited for our check. Did I say fireworks? If you can reserve a spot on the lanai on Friday night, the neighboring hotel shoots fireworks over the beach and the Charthouse offers diners a perfect view.Special Features:
- Tourist SpotFooMoonDined on 5/11/2014Food was OK. Clam chowder was "starchy" and not much taste. Squaw bread should be served warm, not cold. Key lime pie was a generous piece and one of the better ones I've had. Found the prices high for quality of food and the casualness of the restaurant. The restaurant has not been renovated for years. It is a typical tourist spot servicing the hotels in the area. Only went there because we were late in making Mother's Day reservations and it was the only restaurant able to seat 11 of us. Service was very good; both waiters were attentive and aimed to please.Special Features:
- badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014완전 불친절에 싸가지 없음 절대 다신 가지도 추천도 안함 분위기도 노티나고 거지같음 Bad..bad
- The following 201 reviews are from the Chart House - Waikiki reviews archive.
- First Time Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Loved everything about this place. The wait staff was friendly and courteous. Food cooked to order and definitely filling.Special Features:
- Food was good, butShokeDined on 5/2/2014Food was very good, especially fresh oysters were excellent. But disappointed that the reservation did not matter to get a requested table. In fact, even we were treated as no show by the Open Table system. Probably better to show up earlier without a reservation and to take the table where you would like to seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 minute wait with reservationsMarySunshineDined on 4/26/2014Reservations made through Open Table. 30 minute wait to be seated. No apology for the long wait. Clueless hostesses. Nice order taker and server. Mediocre food. Ordered the Sunset Special--good Caesar salad, tough blandly seasoned sirloin steak, tasty wild rice, and sweet pineapple sorbet. Decent pricing for Waikiki although this is not a value or budget eatery. Pleasant live music in the bar; however, this makes the restaurant quite noisy. Validated parking at $5 for 4 hours. Tourists will probably enjoy their experience, but the restaurant should take care of the locals.Special Features:
- HunterDined on 4/26/2014previous menu seemed to have better choices although we did not have any challenges to decide what to order. Definitely I would recommend Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in WaikikiJennieBDined on 4/25/2014This was our second visit to Chart House and again we had a lovely evening. Menu was varied with plenty of options. Staff were very attentive and our only criticism would be that the time between courses was not long enough for us. The main meal came so quickly after the entree that we would have preferred a little more time. Overall a wonderful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014As always we enjoy the Chart House. I usually have the fish dinners which are excellent & my husband loves the lobster tail..This time I had the ribs and they were not as tasty as I have had elsewhere- too much sauce. cranbulee dessert excellent.Special Features:
- Got right in on a Sat night!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014Considering how busy the area was and how packed the restaurant was, we got right in within 5 min of arriving. Great service, good food, yummy drinks... we had a great experience. Thank you Chart House!Special Features:
- Marina ViewEscoEaterDined on 4/16/2014Chart House was nicely located for being so close to Waikiki. The Marina view was a nice change and the food was very good, albeit a little pricey. But that's HNL for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way below parBiotechVIPDined on 4/10/2014Outdated, below average food taste and quality. Tried mahi mahi, steaks, different potatoe dishes-all were very tasteless. The good news is - its cheap by Hawaii standards. And there is a view of the Marina and sunset.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014evey time we go there we consistently have great food. the sea bass, boullabaise, stuffed shrimp, setz. shrimp etc. The waiters know us and always say welcome and our name. great service. beautiful view and sunset.Special Features:
- Easy Eatin'JetFlexMCTDined on 3/19/2014Easy to park, good ambiance, good Port selection, all around a great dinner option.Special Features:
- Not Worth The MoneyJackoDined on 3/19/2014Constantly had to remind wait staff to refill drinks & drink orders. Food was fair but not worth the money we paid. when you spend as much as we did for a meal I DO NOT WANT TO HAVING A SCREAMING CHILD NEXT TO ME! Crowded eight of us into a small table. Ate at this restraunt in the past and service & food were always good, not anymore.Special Features:
- great foodcwostockDined on 3/19/2014Get the special. All I can say. Great deal for 50 bucks and yiu will love it. Fav place on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseWoundedwhaleDined on 3/16/2014Our group ordered one entree and several starters. The staff did a nice job of bringing dishes in a logical order. the food was prepared well and was very good. The waitstaff worked well with us o create our own tasting menu which worked out quite well for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The setting sun was cleanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014I informed it that it was a honeymoon. I suppressed the window seat. It was the clean setting sun. I gave dessert free.Special Features:
- Was there using a gift card.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Was there using a gift card. The food that our waiter reccomended was excellent. Will definitely go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Master of DisappointmentDrGQVIPDined on 2/14/20145 star prices for a 2 star meal and with poor service. We were seated 20 minutes after our reservation time, a little longer wait than I would expect for having reservations. We were seated and given menus and immediately asked if we would care to order a drink before having had a chance to review the wine list. The wine list offered a nice variety of wines but had the worst selection of "by the glass" offerings I have ever seen. We were never given bread until I asked for it AFTER our meal arrived and it tasted old. Our meal came quickly, which should have been a clue. The steak was over seasoned, the lobster was over cooked, and the potatoes were cold, flavorless, and pasty. We'll never return. There are much better places for the money.Special Features: