Chart House - Tampa
7616 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8132897773x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 3:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Happy Hour: Every Day; 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Riley C.E.C.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House - Tampa
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks magnificent Tampa Bay. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it"s not hard to see why the Chart House will soon be a local & tourist favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From delicious seafood creations to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & East Meets West Tuna. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Chart House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (96)special occasion (72)great for outdoor dining (67)romantic (49)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- A perfect place for happy hourPRgal2014Dined on 10/15/2014The Chart House Tampa is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine while overlooking the sunset, on the patio or indoors. They offer a great appetizers menu and drink specials daily. My girlfriends and I always enjoy coming here for a late afternoon snack and/or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Our server was very attentive and friendly. The hostess was also very friendly and went above and beyond by offering to take photos for us even after her shift was over. I will definitely be back again and will recommend it to friends. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great and not great.catprixDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful restaurant and location. I had a kale and roasted butternut squash salad that was excellent followed by macadamia crusted mahi which was also very good. My fiance had snapper topped with crab which was not so good - the snapper was dry. Our server was totally oblivious. She seemed to disconnect as soon as we declined appetizers and cocktails. Then there was the sales pitch for the preferred customer card that she neglected to mention the $25 charge for until AFTER I asked her if there was a fee associated with it (I had already heard the pitch from a different server at another table). It was disappointing to spend what we did for dinner to have one poorly prepared entree and miss personality as a server.Special Features:
- casual night outizzyDined on 10/5/2014This is a great place for formal dining/special occasion or casual dining. There is a fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDERBYVIPDined on 10/5/2014We went for Sunday brunch on one of our first great weather days of the fall. Sat outside on the water. Fantastic. Food and service very good. One thing I must mention is the hostess. She was a tall girl with dark hair. She was amazing. Very welcoming, friendly and informative. The company is lucky to have her. She was cheerful with all guests. Nice to see some customer service for a change. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Very goodAlbertoDined on 10/4/2014I used to go a lot on the Chart House in NJ which they have the skyline from Manhattan but since I moved to Tampa I will have the skyline from Tampa now.Special Features:
- really great experienceButtonDined on 10/3/2014Overall a top place. Food was great, service was nothing short of exfelllent... View was beautiful... Only downside was there was a function going on outside right next to where we were dining... So that took away from the ambience a littleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Any visit to the Chart House is a treat. Great view, splendid food and service.Special Features:
- Not up to my expecations.EmmaLDined on 9/27/2014Wine (by the glass) offerings were marginal- do not order the Snapdragon Cab! The lobster rolls were pretty but I didn't see or taste much lobster. I ordered the seafood medley main course and was disappointed. For $34 I got a tiny, thin piece of salmon, 3 small sprimp and a too salty crab cake. My date had to order 3 times to get a basic beer in a bottle, thought I do think he enjoyed his yellow fin tuna. The server as cheery but she pumped a Landry's Club membership hard- a would be 'extra' $25 to the tab if we accepted. All told, I think I will try a different Tampa Bay Seafood resturant next time.
- Great foodZigzag4412Dined on 9/27/2014With a party of 5 I went to this restaurant for lunch. It has great food and a relaxed dining experience. I would recomend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Water View; excellent foodLAOnSceneVIPDined on 9/24/2014Right on Tampa Bay Inlet with a beautiful view. I saw a couple of dolphins while dining. Tro Hummus Appetizer with plantain chips and pita bread; grilled salmon and sauted spinach, chopped spinach salad. Excellent and seasoned server. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- mcarringtonDined on 9/20/2014Food was not as good as previous visits. Expected better. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food - Awesome AmbianceJCJoker1966Dined on 9/19/2014The view of Tampa Bay is awesome here. The hostess was especially friendly and the service was phenomenal. The bar staff was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Excellent!zeroneroVIPDined on 9/16/2014You have to give it a try! What a meal!!!!! You won't be disappointed, Nice view, nice service, nice meal. I could go on and on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tampa Chart HouseeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Food served lukewarm. Pasta sauce (pomodoro) was so bland it was tasteless, un-identifyable. Parmesan encrusted shrimp so dry they either had been laying under a warming lamp for hours or were leftover from day(s) before. Overall, a most disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- Great seafood. Great Scenery.PFinDined on 9/13/2014Recently moved to the Tampa area from Chicago. Felt like we were on vacation sitting outside dining in September rather than just 10 minutes from our house. The view was lovely. The food and service were both excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- well......................PeggyDined on 9/12/2014The dinner was good, the view was spectacular along with your prices ... astronomical. Can't afford to dine at the Chart House but once a year. The service started out very well and then got progressively worse. We we never asked if we wanted desert ... never asked if we would like a cup of coffee or after dinner drink and we had to wait 45 minutes for the waitress to cash out our tab. We had no idea what the wait was about since the restaurant was not swamped with guests. We did love the idea and it was a great surprise to the birthday girl to have her name written on the top of the menus. THAT was a very nice touch and made our birthday baby feel very very special on her special day. For that ... I thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceRKAYDined on 9/6/2014The service here is very good. Eric our server was very personable and efficient. Work hard to make sure everything went smoothly. The food was very good and serve in a very appetizing way. Presentation is everything. The fish and shrimp were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panoramic ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the restaurant tremendously. The view was great even watching a storm rolling in/out! The food was delicious and the service was solicitous.Special Features:
- Enjoying the Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I wanted a quiet birthday dinner. The noise was not a problem and it was very relaxing. Restaurants need to provide an area for patrons to eat and enjoy conversation without having to shout over the clanging of dishes and loud conversations from the bar. We left a restaurant last week just because we were unable to "catch-up" with our neighbors....Special Features:
- Fairness to allCLWfdfnVIPDined on 8/29/2014The Charthouse is one of our favored places and we dine here often. Mostly outside which is lovely. This particular occasion, the first time ever, it was not terrific. The salmon and chicken in our salads were both dry. The service was slow especially for lunch. I took a friend for her birthday and was disappointed BUT the manager did make things right and we will NOT hold this against them for sure. It was a one time blip I believe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceRKAYDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good although I had the snapper encrusted with crab dinner and the snapper was a little on the dry side. It may have been overcooked, but still very good. My wife had the three types of shrimp and they were excellent. The service was very good, although a little slow at times. Everyone should give this restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!RMC5Dined on 8/22/2014I visited the Chart House with my daughter and her friend to celebrate my 19th Wedding Anniversary. My husband died over a year ago and i'ts our nee tradition to continue going to dinner to the one place we always went on this amazing occasion. We had an excellent time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIECESAVORYVIPDined on 8/22/2014There is no better dining experience in the area. Fabulous view, excellent service, delicious food. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, view, and food!Jorgy01Dined on 8/21/2014Snapper Hemingway was amazing!! Service was excellent. Very clean and great for a special occasion or just a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House DinnerJoesDined on 8/20/2014It would be difficult to find a better restaurant in the Tampa Bay Area. When you consider service, atmosphere, and food quality, few local restaurants will equal The Chart HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendSistersDined on 8/17/2014Special brunch for my sister's birthday. She had the lobster grilled cheese, I had the lobster omelet and both were exceptional. Beautiful views, nice atmosphere, great service.Special Features:
- Good food and a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014my wife and I dined at the Chart House last Saturday and we had a great time. the Grouper was great and you can not beat the view of Tampa Bay and the skyline from the dining room.Special Features:
- Great Birthday SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We have been customers for many years and have visited Chart House Restaurants in the cities that we visited that had one. We were not disappointed. Dinner was great as usual. Food and service were excellent! The personalized menus were a special touch.Special Features:
- good place for celebrationssunshinedinerDined on 8/9/2014I planned a romanitc birthday dinner, thinking that this Chart House would be similar to the others. The space is large and open; better for larger parties. There were several large parties going on while we were there. The background music was geared for a younger croud, not conducive for a romatic dinner for two. The food was very good, we ordered the brie, artichoke and shrimp appetizer which was very good and a grilled sea food sampler. For desert we ordered the lava cake which was good, but not unique. The service was a bit slow and inattentive, at that price point one expects more polished servers and hostessing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night Out!PRgal2014Dined on 8/6/2014My girlfriends and I enjoyed appetizers and drinks outside on the patio. We had a great time and enjoyed the delicious food and wonderful view of the water.Special Features:
- great visitATLjtDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I visited the Chart House on a visit in Chart House. While the restaurant was quite empty (understandable for a late Sun night) we enjoyed the personal service with our waiter. The food was great and we enjoyed the wine. We will visit again when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always RelaxingTampaArtistDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy eating at the Chart House, it is a favorite relaxing spot overlooking Tampa Bay and the food is always good. Only drawback is the restaurant any many times be too loud, because it has a lot of large open areas.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulChardDined on 8/2/2014Made my Wife's BIG birthday a special treat. Thanks so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnPDined on 8/1/2014The service was very good but the atmosphere of the restaurant needs major updating. It is old and not warm and inviting. I will not returnSpecial Features:
- Very romanticKimoDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went there for our 7 year anniversary. The service was spectacular and the food was to die for. They even gave us a piece of chocolate, coffee ice cream pie with a candle on top.... The view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Not a valueDanBDined on 7/28/2014Five star prices, four star view, two star food, presentation and service. Too many better choices.
- Great for Business Lunches/DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Excellent location for business lunch and/or dinner. Great service and the menu selections are tremendous. The waiter's recommendation of the baked to order chocolate lava cake was amazing!Special Features:
- Chart House TampaRobertDined on 7/19/2014Food was very good, sitting on the outside deck at night amazing; but the service was lacking. Reservations were 8:45 pm (close at 10) felt like we were forgotten about because server had a bigger party inside. Felt he focused more on them then us, bigger party = bigger tip, two people I'll forget about them. Maybe my fault for booking late, but sunset was 8:30 and just wanted to enjoy dinner after watching the sunset. Will not do that again at the Chart House Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome place. definitely a must goleibyaliDined on 7/17/2014the location is great. you get to see the bay and scenic is beautiful. food was good but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.