Chart House - Tampa
7616 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8132897773x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 3:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Happy Hour: Every Day; 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Riley C.E.C.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House - Tampa
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks magnificent Tampa Bay. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it"s not hard to see why the Chart House will soon be a local & tourist favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From delicious seafood creations to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & East Meets West Tuna. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Chart House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (111)great for outdoor dining (84)special occasion (80)romantic (53)good for groups (45)great for brunch (36)fit for foodies (34)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Good food and a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014my wife and I dined at the Chart House last Saturday and we had a great time. the Grouper was great and you can not beat the view of Tampa Bay and the skyline from the dining room.Special Features:
- Great Birthday SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We have been customers for many years and have visited Chart House Restaurants in the cities that we visited that had one. We were not disappointed. Dinner was great as usual. Food and service were excellent! The personalized menus were a special touch.Special Features:
- good place for celebrationssunshinedinerDined on 8/9/2014I planned a romanitc birthday dinner, thinking that this Chart House would be similar to the others. The space is large and open; better for larger parties. There were several large parties going on while we were there. The background music was geared for a younger croud, not conducive for a romatic dinner for two. The food was very good, we ordered the brie, artichoke and shrimp appetizer which was very good and a grilled sea food sampler. For desert we ordered the lava cake which was good, but not unique. The service was a bit slow and inattentive, at that price point one expects more polished servers and hostessing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night Out!PRgal2014Dined on 8/6/2014My girlfriends and I enjoyed appetizers and drinks outside on the patio. We had a great time and enjoyed the delicious food and wonderful view of the water.Special Features:
- great visitATLjtDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I visited the Chart House on a visit in Chart House. While the restaurant was quite empty (understandable for a late Sun night) we enjoyed the personal service with our waiter. The food was great and we enjoyed the wine. We will visit again when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always RelaxingTampaArtistDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy eating at the Chart House, it is a favorite relaxing spot overlooking Tampa Bay and the food is always good. Only drawback is the restaurant any many times be too loud, because it has a lot of large open areas.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulChardDined on 8/2/2014Made my Wife's BIG birthday a special treat. Thanks so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnPDined on 8/1/2014The service was very good but the atmosphere of the restaurant needs major updating. It is old and not warm and inviting. I will not returnSpecial Features:
- Very romanticKimoDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went there for our 7 year anniversary. The service was spectacular and the food was to die for. They even gave us a piece of chocolate, coffee ice cream pie with a candle on top.... The view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Not a valueDanBDined on 7/28/2014Five star prices, four star view, two star food, presentation and service. Too many better choices.
- Great for Business Lunches/DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Excellent location for business lunch and/or dinner. Great service and the menu selections are tremendous. The waiter's recommendation of the baked to order chocolate lava cake was amazing!Special Features:
- Chart House TampaRobertDined on 7/19/2014Food was very good, sitting on the outside deck at night amazing; but the service was lacking. Reservations were 8:45 pm (close at 10) felt like we were forgotten about because server had a bigger party inside. Felt he focused more on them then us, bigger party = bigger tip, two people I'll forget about them. Maybe my fault for booking late, but sunset was 8:30 and just wanted to enjoy dinner after watching the sunset. Will not do that again at the Chart House Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome place. definitely a must goleibyaliDined on 7/17/2014the location is great. you get to see the bay and scenic is beautiful. food was good but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014One food order was wrong - had to be sent back. Otherwise, service was satisfactory. Nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularSmoophyDined on 7/12/2014We have been to the Chart House in the past and specifically wanted to dine there to celebrate our twin daughter's 22nd birthday. AMAZING as ever. The environment was beautiful and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing viewPinkAlligatorDined on 7/11/2014The menu was excellent - it was tough to choose an entree because everything sounded delicious. The food was good - particularly the salad and sautéed shrimp. Pasta was a bit too oily but overall, good food. Will certainly go back for outdoor seating to take advantage of excellent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Chart HouserredmjDined on 7/11/2014We have eaten at the Chart House many times. In fall and spring dining outside is wonderful. In the warmer season we eat in and still have a wonderful waterfront view. The food has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Have the scallops!BirthdaygirlDined on 7/5/2014The hostess was friendly. She gave us choices where to sit inside or outside. Got a table with a view. Our waiter was excellent. I enjoyed my meal. The scallops were excellent! I loved the wasabi mashed potatoes. My husband did not enjoy his meal. He had the mixed grill. The salmon was dry and the orzo was in a clump. The crab cake and the shrimp were just OK. We had the mud pie for dessert which was very good. Our waiter had warned us about the large portions so we had the mini and it was enough for 2 to share.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary Dinner!TampaMarilynDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I ate at The Chart House for our Anniversary on July 5, 2014. It was fantastic. to start out, we had a table by the window and at the top of our menus was a printed message wishing us a Happy Anniversary -- what a great touch! Our Server was great, the food was great! I highly recommend The Chart House. We had the spring roll appetizer, I had lobster bisque which was loaded with lobster (really, really good); my husband had the beefsteak tomato salad, it had a large plate of sliced tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese, balsamic vinegar dressing and was topped with large fried onion rings -- tasted fabulous! For entrees, I had the flounder, my husband had the snapper. Both dishes were absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- perfect relaxing eveningluvgoodfoodDined on 7/4/2014We sat on the back covered deck area and had a really nice, relaxing dinner. The sun was setting and although it was storming, it was comfortable and there is great scenic view. The food was spectacular (best gazpacho soup I've ever had) and the atmosphere was lovely. We had our (5 pound) dog with us and the staff was very accommodating. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedNo1spclDined on 6/29/2014I was excited to go to this restaurant when I looked at the menu. Our appetizers were ok. I also got a chopped salad but when it came out it looked like the lettuce was brown and very soggy. I got the mixed seafood grill. Both the salmon and orzo was over cooked with raw carrot bits. My boyfriend got the chef special, sockeye salmon which was also over cooked and the sauce was broken and the short ribs. Finished the meal off with their lava cake. Again over cooked. For a proclaimed seafood place I would have expected flawless fish to come out of the kitchen.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I have been to Chart Houses all over the USA - mostly Calif. This one does not stack up or compare relative to food/value. The dinner was mediocre at best for too expensive a price. This restaurant would never stay in business in Calif. I was very excited when I first saw it, but disappointed when I left. I will not go back there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Farewell LunchDiningDivaDined on 6/26/2014Last week, we had a lovely and enjoyable "Farewell" lunch for a co-worker who was relocating to Phoenix. The food and service was excellent. Looking forward to returning to the Chart House soon.Special Features:
- expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Aspargus was tough. Expected overall to be better. Lobster did not taste like lobster. Did not meet expectations.Special Features:
- Delicious!BandJDined on 6/24/2014We went for our anniversary and were very happy. The scallops and the filet medallions were fantastic. Of course their signature dessert, the chocolate molten lava cake was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightdatenightfoodieDined on 6/20/2014This place is amazing and we will be back many times in the future. You can bring kids and they would enjoy it but it is nice to have that place that is just between the adults. The staff is amazing by giving you the space needed to talk and enjoy each other but close enough to make you feel like you are their only concern. The food was some of the best we have ever had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedflorida5578Dined on 6/16/2014Great view and service, but way over priced. Fresh grouper was over $30.00, you can get the same down the street for half the price.Special Features:
- Brunch Time ReviewFoodie4lifeDined on 6/15/2014I visited this restaurant for the first time on father's day during brunch time. The restaurant was not as busy as one would think for being a holiday. The brunch menu was not extensive but everything we had was delicious. Their Bloody Mary was amazing and the drink selection overall was fun. A must have is their signature chocolate lava dessert. It's a little on the expensive side for a dessert but it's worth every penny.Special Features:
- Wha - La!Chrispy0515Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I recently ate at the Chart House for dinner for our anniversary, and we both agree that the food was delicious and top notch from appetizers to entrees and the staff was excellent as well the night we were there! We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great Fine Dining spot on the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014We went because we had a gift certificate. But the food was delicious, especially the appetizer and fish. Our table look out on the water. Beautiful view. Service was great. Was a rain storm out, so would like to go again when it is nice out and eat outside, maybe in the fall when it is cooler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location for dinnerTWFloridaDined on 6/10/2014Have dinner there on a Tuesday evening. Not very busy, which is just the way I want it. It is quiet and have a table looking out the bay. Service is good and the swordfish cooked right. The Flounder Francese is a bit too heavy on the cheese and not very fitting with the delicate fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gluten free & regular foodJamieDined on 6/8/2014We usually have dinner at the Tampa Chart House, but this time decided brunch worked best for time constraints. The restaurant wasn't very busy, except for a large party off in another room. We had excellent service, and our server answered all of our questions about the menu. My daughter has celiac disease and must eat gluten free at all times. Preparation is very important also. Her meal at the Tampa Chart House looked and tasted fantastic. She told us it was the best Gluten free food she's had in a very long time. the "regular" food was prepared very nicely, and tasted terrific. we love the view, but the food is the reason we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be backBeegeDined on 6/7/2014Our first visit was unsuccessful. Chart House has the advantage of being one of a few restaurants with a Bay view in Tampa. However, the experience was mostly disappointing. Our party of 4 dined on a Saturday night at 8 but the inside bar was empty, the cool looking outside bar was not open, and there were several empty tables and no wait. Despite the deadish atmosphere, the hostessing was perfunctory and the bar exceptionally slow. The restaurant, menus, linens, silverware, glassware and windows were all clean; the slow "signature" cocktails tasted good; the salads were great (and huge); entrees just ok (creamed spinach awful). A cracked glass and overcooked entree were addressed by a manager. Not awful, but we probably won't be back.Special Features:
- great restaurantsogogoDined on 6/7/2014great restaurant for special occasions or any day. good happy hour.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningBGDinerDined on 6/7/2014We arrived an hour before our reservation as we wanted to have a drink and sit outside on the patio. Very clean, very neat both inside and out. Quiet music playing in the background. Drinks made well. Dinner inside was a treat, good sized but not overly large portions, and the flavor was fantastic! Wife had Cedar plank Salmon (I wish I had ordered it, it was amazing). I had "Best of Shrimp" which includes Scampi, stuffed shrimp and coconut butterfly shrimp. Service was excellent, Herman (pronounced Ehr-Mahn) is the hardest worker there and deserves to be head waiter, he is most attentive, Management should take notice of his caring ways. No dessert this time, but not because we were too full, perfect night!Special Features:
- Nice evening.Elle2014Dined on 6/6/2014We dined outside at Chart House in Tampa the second week of June. The weather was perfect, and the location was peaceful. Everyone in our group of four ordered something different and everyone enjoyed his or her meal.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and very good foodluvgoodfoodDined on 6/6/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and had a very nice time. We were seated immediately and the staff was very attentive. We tried an appetizer, a salad, an entre and dessert and were not disappointed. The scallops were amazing! The menu offers a wide variety of choices. We will definitely return. The restaurant is set up so you can come for a casual outdoor experience or a more intimate or romantic indoor setting. We look forward to coming back and sitting on the outdoor deck and trying some different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-train on Guest serviceJerseyblitzDined on 6/2/2014I would like to say that the time spent with my wife before she left on her trip, was wonderful. The restaurant is owned by Landry's and I expected nothing but the best. Unfortunately the waiter (from the Bronx) upon arriving "tried" to ruin our night. He approached our table and was very professional until....I asked about the Early Bird specials. Then his countenance completely changed. His head looked downward and then like he was disappointed, sighed and took a deep breath, he was not the same. We asked him to give us a minute. When he left the table I asked my wife if she noticed that? She said yes. I decided to not have a conversation with him or the mgmt and enjoy our time. I over-tipped hoping he would remember "don't assume!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicemc84ssDined on 6/1/2014Or anniversary dinner was fantastic. Or waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Chocolate lava cake for dessert is the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceIrishDined on 6/1/2014I had never been to the Chart House in Tampa, however I was pleasantly surprised. The access from Rt 60 was great, the parking was more than ample. The service staff were inviting and very accomadating. The food and view were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.