Chart House - Tampa
7616 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (813) 289-7773
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 3:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Happy Hour: Every Day; 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Riley C.E.C.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House - Tampa
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks magnificent Tampa Bay. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it"s not hard to see why the Chart House will soon be a local & tourist favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From delicious seafood creations to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & East Meets West Tuna. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Chart House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)special occasion (79)great for outdoor dining (71)romantic (56)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (21)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Service by Scott B was great food great a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order stone crabsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014The stone crabs were very expensive but we were celebrating 2 birthdays so we splurged. They were very small and not cracked - a lot of shell with little meat! The other entries were very good. Nice wine list. Good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Chart House is beautiful! It has a gorgeous view of the Bay and the dining staff is simply awesome! We were celebrating a birthday and the chocolate lava cake is to die for! Definitely worth the 30 min wait it takes to prepare it! I've been a number of places in Tampa and this one by far sets apart from the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Poor Service for a $320 mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014We sat outside. Lovely view. Waitress was not attentive all night. Had to flag people down to get water or anything else. Brought our main courses even though the appetizers we had finished a half hour before, had not been cleared. Long wait for silverware as meals got cold. Not impressed. The only time she paid attention was when it was time to bring us the check.Special Features:
- Wonderful food. Awesome ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Writing a review is tricky. You want to be honest. You want to be fair. You want to describe what your evening (or lunch I suppose) was like for you and your significant other. So I sat down to write this and I thought and I thought and here's what I came up with. The Chart House was perhaps one of the top three dining experiences I've had in my entire 55 year long, well traveled life. I've dined with billionaires and millionaires and never had the experience I had on Saturday night with The Chart House. The food was well timed, excellent in taste and texture, and fully enhanced by the view that can only be described as breathtaking. In fact, my wife had to remind me to breathe. Ok, maybe not that dramatic, but it was entirely enthralling. I would highly recommend this to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBDSMDDined on 11/14/2014The food was very good and there was an extensive menu selction. The service was okay, but it was fairly noisey. It was fairly busy at the time we were there and there were a number of large groups and that contributed to the noise level.Special Features:
- Vermont B&B owners out for dinner1vtbbownerDined on 11/13/2014My wife and I wanted to have a relaxing, waterfront dinner as our business trip was coming to an end. We used opentable to make our reservations and within 1/2 an hour we were greeted by name at the Charthouse. We were given a choice of where to sit, inside or out, and we chose out. Our server was in training and she did her best to keep everything straight. She pulled it off very well. The caesar salad made it into the top 5 for me being a Caesar salad expert. The prime rib (captains cut) medium rare was delicious. The view of the bay/harbor was excellent and I would recommend going here any time in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewAlfValricoDined on 11/12/2014not our fisrt time in this restaurant and we never have been disappointed neither by the food nor by the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soKelseyDined on 11/9/2014The food is average. Nothing spectacular except the viewSpecial Features:
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We had a super time. Dinner was great and service was superb.Special Features:
- Service not up to standardsKimberleYBVIPDined on 11/6/2014I love to eat here, but this was the first time, my server was so busy with a large party, I felt necessary to return to my hotel for my entree.
- Great Lunch on the waterRobertDined on 11/1/2014This is a great place to go for lunch on the water. Food, Service and the view are Great. We are going to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014The food is great, the service is great and the prices are pretty good. I would definitely recommend the Chart House for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Disappointed but great viewFoodiesRUsDined on 10/30/2014Inside decorated beautifully. View of Tampa Bay was beautiful although chairs were low and didn't allow a great view over the rails (I'm 5'6"). Service was very slow with little lunch crowd. Food was okay. My crab club sandwich with sweet potato fries was good. Wasn't expecting crab meat to be cold though. Hubby had fish and chips which was served as 3 dark brown pieces of fried fish on top of a plate FULL of sweet potato fries. A side of cole slaw with fewer fries may have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful Sunday dinnerfoodloverDined on 10/26/2014The service was excellent. The server even made recommendations to enhance our dining pleasure. We were visiting with friends so the server left us alone but not so much that we had to call for any help. The food was delicious, tasty, and the prefect temperature. An all around great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewBem0110Dined on 10/26/2014Indoor and outdoor tables available. It can be a romantic scene, or a fun family brunch date. My family and I can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nidan2PFinDined on 10/25/2014Second visit was as good as the first. The food and view both fantastic!Special Features:
- Fantastic!HowieDined on 10/25/2014We love to dine at the Chart House. The service is excellent, the food is fresh and delicious, and the atmosphere is great. We love dining outside on the patio when the weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated Graduation DinnerKTSMNSDined on 10/25/2014The Chart House was a wonderful place for my niece's graduation dinner. The atmosphere was wonderful; the food was great; and we were treated very well. I would definitely recommend The Chart House to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Perfect for outdoors on a beautiful day to be on the water!Special Features:
- Lava CakecorndawgDined on 10/21/2014Great Food. Great atmosphere. The service was great very friendly from the moment we arrived. Great for entertaining clients. Lava cake is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingluv2dineDined on 10/21/2014From entering, to the meal, the whole evening was a huge success. Our waitress, Susie, was fantastic, knowledgeable about the menu and did not rush the evening.Special Features:
- Nice food great view,bad serviceIsaGVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food was great but the service very bad, i need to ask for The check many times, very bad service .Special Features:
- Worst Dinner Experience EverwingnitDined on 10/19/2014We pulled into an empty parking lot at 5:30 PM. Dinner for 4 was over $200. I don't mind paying the price, but I expect to get what I'm paying for. I ordered prime rib RARE. Waiter brought out prime rib MEDIUM.....send it back, replacement comes out MEDIUM WELL......Then told no rare available. Prime rib to be replaced with NY strip. The rest of the party was finished with dinner before I got mine. Bring out a chainsaw so I can cut this piece of garbage you're trying to pass off as a NY Strip for almost $40. No offer to comp for the mess they made of our family dinner....not even a single free dessert for my son. Now I know why the parking lot was empty during prime dinner hour. Tell me why I should come back.
- A perfect place for happy hourPRgal2014Dined on 10/15/2014The Chart House Tampa is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine while overlooking the sunset, on the patio or indoors. They offer a great appetizers menu and drink specials daily. My girlfriends and I always enjoy coming here for a late afternoon snack and/or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Our server was very attentive and friendly. The hostess was also very friendly and went above and beyond by offering to take photos for us even after her shift was over. I will definitely be back again and will recommend it to friends. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great and not great.catprixDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful restaurant and location. I had a kale and roasted butternut squash salad that was excellent followed by macadamia crusted mahi which was also very good. My fiance had snapper topped with crab which was not so good - the snapper was dry. Our server was totally oblivious. She seemed to disconnect as soon as we declined appetizers and cocktails. Then there was the sales pitch for the preferred customer card that she neglected to mention the $25 charge for until AFTER I asked her if there was a fee associated with it (I had already heard the pitch from a different server at another table). It was disappointing to spend what we did for dinner to have one poorly prepared entree and miss personality as a server.Special Features:
- casual night outizzyDined on 10/5/2014This is a great place for formal dining/special occasion or casual dining. There is a fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDERBYVIPDined on 10/5/2014We went for Sunday brunch on one of our first great weather days of the fall. Sat outside on the water. Fantastic. Food and service very good. One thing I must mention is the hostess. She was a tall girl with dark hair. She was amazing. Very welcoming, friendly and informative. The company is lucky to have her. She was cheerful with all guests. Nice to see some customer service for a change. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Very goodAlbertoDined on 10/4/2014I used to go a lot on the Chart House in NJ which they have the skyline from Manhattan but since I moved to Tampa I will have the skyline from Tampa now.Special Features:
- really great experienceButtonDined on 10/3/2014Overall a top place. Food was great, service was nothing short of exfelllent... View was beautiful... Only downside was there was a function going on outside right next to where we were dining... So that took away from the ambience a littleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Any visit to the Chart House is a treat. Great view, splendid food and service.Special Features:
- Not up to my expecations.EmmaLDined on 9/27/2014Wine (by the glass) offerings were marginal- do not order the Snapdragon Cab! The lobster rolls were pretty but I didn't see or taste much lobster. I ordered the seafood medley main course and was disappointed. For $34 I got a tiny, thin piece of salmon, 3 small sprimp and a too salty crab cake. My date had to order 3 times to get a basic beer in a bottle, thought I do think he enjoyed his yellow fin tuna. The server as cheery but she pumped a Landry's Club membership hard- a would be 'extra' $25 to the tab if we accepted. All told, I think I will try a different Tampa Bay Seafood resturant next time.
- Great foodZigzag4412Dined on 9/27/2014With a party of 5 I went to this restaurant for lunch. It has great food and a relaxed dining experience. I would recomend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Water View; excellent foodLAOnSceneVIPDined on 9/24/2014Right on Tampa Bay Inlet with a beautiful view. I saw a couple of dolphins while dining. Tro Hummus Appetizer with plantain chips and pita bread; grilled salmon and sauted spinach, chopped spinach salad. Excellent and seasoned server. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- mcarringtonDined on 9/20/2014Food was not as good as previous visits. Expected better. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food - Awesome AmbianceJCJoker1966Dined on 9/19/2014The view of Tampa Bay is awesome here. The hostess was especially friendly and the service was phenomenal. The bar staff was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Excellent!zeroneroVIPDined on 9/16/2014You have to give it a try! What a meal!!!!! You won't be disappointed, Nice view, nice service, nice meal. I could go on and on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tampa Chart HouseeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Food served lukewarm. Pasta sauce (pomodoro) was so bland it was tasteless, un-identifyable. Parmesan encrusted shrimp so dry they either had been laying under a warming lamp for hours or were leftover from day(s) before. Overall, a most disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- Great seafood. Great Scenery.PFinDined on 9/13/2014Recently moved to the Tampa area from Chicago. Felt like we were on vacation sitting outside dining in September rather than just 10 minutes from our house. The view was lovely. The food and service were both excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features: