Chart House - Tampa
7616 W. Courtney Campbell Causeway
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8132897773x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 3:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2:30pm;
Happy Hour: Every Day; 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tony Riley C.E.C.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House - Tampa
Located right on the water with an unparalleled patio, Chart House overlooks magnificent Tampa Bay. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it"s not hard to see why the Chart House will soon be a local & tourist favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you're sure to enjoy. From delicious seafood creations to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Pan Seared Scallops, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & East Meets West Tuna. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Chart House - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (97)special occasion (72)great for outdoor dining (68)romantic (53)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- mcarringtonDined on 9/20/2014Food was not as good as previous visits. Expected better. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great Food - Awesome AmbianceJCJoker1966Dined on 9/19/2014The view of Tampa Bay is awesome here. The hostess was especially friendly and the service was phenomenal. The bar staff was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Excellent!zeroneroVIPDined on 9/16/2014You have to give it a try! What a meal!!!!! You won't be disappointed, Nice view, nice service, nice meal. I could go on and on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tampa Chart HouseeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Food served lukewarm. Pasta sauce (pomodoro) was so bland it was tasteless, un-identifyable. Parmesan encrusted shrimp so dry they either had been laying under a warming lamp for hours or were leftover from day(s) before. Overall, a most disappointing dinner.Special Features:
- Great seafood. Great Scenery.PFinDined on 9/13/2014Recently moved to the Tampa area from Chicago. Felt like we were on vacation sitting outside dining in September rather than just 10 minutes from our house. The view was lovely. The food and service were both excellent. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- well......................PeggyDined on 9/12/2014The dinner was good, the view was spectacular along with your prices ... astronomical. Can't afford to dine at the Chart House but once a year. The service started out very well and then got progressively worse. We we never asked if we wanted desert ... never asked if we would like a cup of coffee or after dinner drink and we had to wait 45 minutes for the waitress to cash out our tab. We had no idea what the wait was about since the restaurant was not swamped with guests. We did love the idea and it was a great surprise to the birthday girl to have her name written on the top of the menus. THAT was a very nice touch and made our birthday baby feel very very special on her special day. For that ... I thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good serviceRKAYDined on 9/6/2014The service here is very good. Eric our server was very personable and efficient. Work hard to make sure everything went smoothly. The food was very good and serve in a very appetizing way. Presentation is everything. The fish and shrimp were cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panoramic ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the restaurant tremendously. The view was great even watching a storm rolling in/out! The food was delicious and the service was solicitous.Special Features:
- Enjoying the Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I wanted a quiet birthday dinner. The noise was not a problem and it was very relaxing. Restaurants need to provide an area for patrons to eat and enjoy conversation without having to shout over the clanging of dishes and loud conversations from the bar. We left a restaurant last week just because we were unable to "catch-up" with our neighbors....Special Features:
- Fairness to allCLWfdfnVIPDined on 8/29/2014The Charthouse is one of our favored places and we dine here often. Mostly outside which is lovely. This particular occasion, the first time ever, it was not terrific. The salmon and chicken in our salads were both dry. The service was slow especially for lunch. I took a friend for her birthday and was disappointed BUT the manager did make things right and we will NOT hold this against them for sure. It was a one time blip I believe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceRKAYDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good although I had the snapper encrusted with crab dinner and the snapper was a little on the dry side. It may have been overcooked, but still very good. My wife had the three types of shrimp and they were excellent. The service was very good, although a little slow at times. Everyone should give this restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!RMC5Dined on 8/22/2014I visited the Chart House with my daughter and her friend to celebrate my 19th Wedding Anniversary. My husband died over a year ago and i'ts our nee tradition to continue going to dinner to the one place we always went on this amazing occasion. We had an excellent time and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIECESAVORYVIPDined on 8/22/2014There is no better dining experience in the area. Fabulous view, excellent service, delicious food. Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, view, and food!Jorgy01Dined on 8/21/2014Snapper Hemingway was amazing!! Service was excellent. Very clean and great for a special occasion or just a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House DinnerJoesDined on 8/20/2014It would be difficult to find a better restaurant in the Tampa Bay Area. When you consider service, atmosphere, and food quality, few local restaurants will equal The Chart HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendSistersDined on 8/17/2014Special brunch for my sister's birthday. She had the lobster grilled cheese, I had the lobster omelet and both were exceptional. Beautiful views, nice atmosphere, great service.Special Features:
- Good food and a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014my wife and I dined at the Chart House last Saturday and we had a great time. the Grouper was great and you can not beat the view of Tampa Bay and the skyline from the dining room.Special Features:
- Great Birthday SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014We have been customers for many years and have visited Chart House Restaurants in the cities that we visited that had one. We were not disappointed. Dinner was great as usual. Food and service were excellent! The personalized menus were a special touch.Special Features:
- good place for celebrationssunshinedinerDined on 8/9/2014I planned a romanitc birthday dinner, thinking that this Chart House would be similar to the others. The space is large and open; better for larger parties. There were several large parties going on while we were there. The background music was geared for a younger croud, not conducive for a romatic dinner for two. The food was very good, we ordered the brie, artichoke and shrimp appetizer which was very good and a grilled sea food sampler. For desert we ordered the lava cake which was good, but not unique. The service was a bit slow and inattentive, at that price point one expects more polished servers and hostessing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girls Night Out!PRgal2014Dined on 8/6/2014My girlfriends and I enjoyed appetizers and drinks outside on the patio. We had a great time and enjoyed the delicious food and wonderful view of the water.Special Features:
- great visitATLjtDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I visited the Chart House on a visit in Chart House. While the restaurant was quite empty (understandable for a late Sun night) we enjoyed the personal service with our waiter. The food was great and we enjoyed the wine. We will visit again when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always RelaxingTampaArtistDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy eating at the Chart House, it is a favorite relaxing spot overlooking Tampa Bay and the food is always good. Only drawback is the restaurant any many times be too loud, because it has a lot of large open areas.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulChardDined on 8/2/2014Made my Wife's BIG birthday a special treat. Thanks so muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnPDined on 8/1/2014The service was very good but the atmosphere of the restaurant needs major updating. It is old and not warm and inviting. I will not returnSpecial Features:
- Very romanticKimoDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went there for our 7 year anniversary. The service was spectacular and the food was to die for. They even gave us a piece of chocolate, coffee ice cream pie with a candle on top.... The view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Not a valueDanBDined on 7/28/2014Five star prices, four star view, two star food, presentation and service. Too many better choices.
- Great for Business Lunches/DinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Excellent location for business lunch and/or dinner. Great service and the menu selections are tremendous. The waiter's recommendation of the baked to order chocolate lava cake was amazing!Special Features:
- Chart House TampaRobertDined on 7/19/2014Food was very good, sitting on the outside deck at night amazing; but the service was lacking. Reservations were 8:45 pm (close at 10) felt like we were forgotten about because server had a bigger party inside. Felt he focused more on them then us, bigger party = bigger tip, two people I'll forget about them. Maybe my fault for booking late, but sunset was 8:30 and just wanted to enjoy dinner after watching the sunset. Will not do that again at the Chart House Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome place. definitely a must goleibyaliDined on 7/17/2014the location is great. you get to see the bay and scenic is beautiful. food was good but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014One food order was wrong - had to be sent back. Otherwise, service was satisfactory. Nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularSmoophyDined on 7/12/2014We have been to the Chart House in the past and specifically wanted to dine there to celebrate our twin daughter's 22nd birthday. AMAZING as ever. The environment was beautiful and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing viewPinkAlligatorDined on 7/11/2014The menu was excellent - it was tough to choose an entree because everything sounded delicious. The food was good - particularly the salad and sautéed shrimp. Pasta was a bit too oily but overall, good food. Will certainly go back for outdoor seating to take advantage of excellent view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Chart HouserredmjDined on 7/11/2014We have eaten at the Chart House many times. In fall and spring dining outside is wonderful. In the warmer season we eat in and still have a wonderful waterfront view. The food has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Have the scallops!BirthdaygirlDined on 7/5/2014The hostess was friendly. She gave us choices where to sit inside or outside. Got a table with a view. Our waiter was excellent. I enjoyed my meal. The scallops were excellent! I loved the wasabi mashed potatoes. My husband did not enjoy his meal. He had the mixed grill. The salmon was dry and the orzo was in a clump. The crab cake and the shrimp were just OK. We had the mud pie for dessert which was very good. Our waiter had warned us about the large portions so we had the mini and it was enough for 2 to share.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary Dinner!TampaMarilynDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I ate at The Chart House for our Anniversary on July 5, 2014. It was fantastic. to start out, we had a table by the window and at the top of our menus was a printed message wishing us a Happy Anniversary -- what a great touch! Our Server was great, the food was great! I highly recommend The Chart House. We had the spring roll appetizer, I had lobster bisque which was loaded with lobster (really, really good); my husband had the beefsteak tomato salad, it had a large plate of sliced tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese, balsamic vinegar dressing and was topped with large fried onion rings -- tasted fabulous! For entrees, I had the flounder, my husband had the snapper. Both dishes were absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- perfect relaxing eveningluvgoodfoodDined on 7/4/2014We sat on the back covered deck area and had a really nice, relaxing dinner. The sun was setting and although it was storming, it was comfortable and there is great scenic view. The food was spectacular (best gazpacho soup I've ever had) and the atmosphere was lovely. We had our (5 pound) dog with us and the staff was very accommodating. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedNo1spclDined on 6/29/2014I was excited to go to this restaurant when I looked at the menu. Our appetizers were ok. I also got a chopped salad but when it came out it looked like the lettuce was brown and very soggy. I got the mixed seafood grill. Both the salmon and orzo was over cooked with raw carrot bits. My boyfriend got the chef special, sockeye salmon which was also over cooked and the sauce was broken and the short ribs. Finished the meal off with their lava cake. Again over cooked. For a proclaimed seafood place I would have expected flawless fish to come out of the kitchen.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I have been to Chart Houses all over the USA - mostly Calif. This one does not stack up or compare relative to food/value. The dinner was mediocre at best for too expensive a price. This restaurant would never stay in business in Calif. I was very excited when I first saw it, but disappointed when I left. I will not go back there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Farewell LunchDiningDivaDined on 6/26/2014Last week, we had a lovely and enjoyable "Farewell" lunch for a co-worker who was relocating to Phoenix. The food and service was excellent. Looking forward to returning to the Chart House soon.Special Features:
- expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Aspargus was tough. Expected overall to be better. Lobster did not taste like lobster. Did not meet expectations.Special Features: