Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Lincoln Harbor/Pier D-T
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2013486628
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gene Scola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio Friday nights during summer.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Spectacularly located on the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan, the Weehawken Chart House at Lincoln Harbor offers panoramic views of the glittering New York skyline – from the Empire State Building to Wall Street. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Just minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Chart House will exceed your every expectation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
657 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (599)special occasion (502)romantic (467)great for outdoor dining (217)good for groups (203)fit for foodies (165)notable wine list (129)hot spot (126)great for brunch (106)neighborhood gem (99)vibrant bar scene (96)late-night find (71)great for lunch (63)kid-friendly (35)Show More
- Chart House is Consistently Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014Great food, service and views. What more can a restaurant goer ask for?
- Business dinnerPrettymamaDined on 10/20/2014Dinner at the Chart House was outstanding. We ordered an oyster, shrimp and crab platter and it was fantastic. The oysters were very fresh and tasty. The scallops with the wasabi mash potatoes are outstanding. The view of the NY skyline is breathtaking. I was with guys from Japan and they couldn't have been any happier with the food and the view.Special Features:
- commentsfoodfrenzyDined on 10/19/2014John was a good server. I felt like the food was pretty over priced. The presentation lacked. I expected more from the short rib I ordered. I wish I would of picked something else. Great location next to the waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views!!!JudyDined on 10/19/2014I was recently here which I enjoyed the views. The service and food was outstanding. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!!!PBandJDined on 10/19/2014We booked this restaurant because our son was sailing on NCL Breakaway . First at the bar we met the bartender, Joe . He was amazing! HELPFUL , considerate and very on task always willing to lend a helping hand or a smiling face! What a nice guy!! Then we were seated at our table by the window! What a view! The menu was great! So much to choose from. The food was awesome! I would say that my crab cakes were probably the best I've ever had!! And the way they were plated was beautiful too! My husband had a NY Strip Steak (I believe ) . It was delicious. He probably should have ordered it a bit more rare though but still was delicious! Overall , a great experience!!Special Features:
- Great place to eat.PernellaghadnottDined on 10/19/2014The food was really good. The service was great. We had a good view . The food portion are really filling. I would definite recommend this place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!BigADined on 10/19/2014This was our first visit to the Weehawken Chart House and we could not have been more pleased with our experience. We were celebrating a birthday in our group and it was the perfect place to do that. The view of course makes it a spectacular site, but the brunch was delicious and oh so many choices to choose from too. We have decided that for special occasions in the future, we're heading to the Chart House!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning View and FoodLousLanieDined on 10/18/2014I was quite pleasantly surprised to be seated at a window table on a Saturday night. The views of the Manhattan skyline are unequalled but sadly I cannot say the same for the service. While our server was cordial and informed us of the appetizer and dinner specials, he failed to deliver our meals as specified. My husband requested his tuna be grilled with no sauce, yet it arrived covered in sauce. The server talked us into ordering sautéed mushrooms, yet they never did appear at our table. Despite the little mistakes, we all enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- very goodrobellecDined on 10/18/2014Excellent fish and dessert good service but sometime to quick marvelous view on manhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningDeb54Dined on 10/18/2014My meal, pan seared scallops was delicious and tasty. My husbands meal, NY strip steak was not as good; his steak was lukewarm at best and the baked potato was too cold to melt the butter. Our waitress was ok but not too attentive to our drink glasses and never asked if we would like a second cup of coffee at the end of our meal. We ate at the Chart House earlier in the month and our meal was outstanding, as was the service. This visit was a bit disappointing. The view was excellent and the skyline was clear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnervidining1Dined on 10/15/2014This was an Anniversary celebration dinner. Everything was lovely! The service, the food & drinks. The ambiance is perfect for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalljsway94Dined on 10/15/2014Overall, I had a great time, the food is a little high price for some people, but it's totally worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart topping!PotentPixPlacesDined on 10/14/2014The Chart House made sure my lady had a memorable birthday dinner. They even personalized her menu and all the staff that saw her greeted her with a "Happy Birthday". As for the food, I had the short ribs w/mashed potatoes, which was delicious. The appetizers though... Duck confit spring rolls are excellent, as is the coconut shrimp. Food is moderately pricy, but worth it and has instantly become one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Truly an amazing place!! Couldn't find one thing wrong with the place. Great food, great staff, & an amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Views and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing, the views were breathe taking, the service was fast, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerslyallDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline, great food, I had the teriyaki steak and my eife the herb crusted salmon. The lava cake was awesome and service very thorough and friendly.Special Features:
- punkieDined on 10/12/2014This was our second visit. We wanted to bring our family. The atmosphere was great. However, my food was not good. I ordered the stuffed flounder which I had before and it was great. This time it was burnt and crispy. The knife would not cut it. I sent it back. It was brought out by the manager. This time is was purely white and uncooked. I accepted it to avoid sending it back a second time. I was not pleased at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionsNickDined on 10/12/2014We have been here a few times and overall the brush is a great valve with so many food selections. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I have previously been to the Chart House for a Wedding and thought the food and view was great. This was my first time actually having dinner at the venue and I thought our waiter was fantastic. She had great knowledge of the menu and her customer service was outstanding. To top it all off, the window view of the New York City Skyline was magnificent. I am absolutely coming back in the near future.Special Features:
- Go once for the viewLindaEDined on 10/11/2014The most amazing thing about the Chart House is the view - nothing else is amazing but is all pretty good. Long wait for table inspite of reservaton. One hour wait for window table. Drinks weak but OK, food good, desserts good. Service pleasant. A very good place to take out of town guest if you want to impress them - not a very intimate everyday place.Special Features:
- kid-friendlykoichiDined on 10/11/2014We love this restaurant because our small kids including 4 month-old baby were acceptable. Of course, taste and scenic view was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BranchburgBranchburgDined on 10/10/2014The wait for our table view was well worth the time, a beautiful Friday evening over looking the Hudson. The food was very good however we were disappointed with the lava cake and coffee. The cake was not hot as the chocolate did not flow and the ice cream did not melt. In addition, the coffee had coffee grinds at the bottom of the mug :(. The manager handled the situation and was very accommodating in resolving our dissatisfaction.Special Features:
- Food & service equal to viewJJDaltonDined on 10/9/2014I have been frequenting the Chart House in Weehawken since they opened for family special occasions. This time we celebrated a Birthday with 7 people, the wonderful experience began with a cocktail at the bar, then the Maitre D was extremely personable and very helpful. We sat in a booth with an awesome view of mid-town NYC!! Our waiter was very professional and knowledgeable, he handled the younger family members with the same respect and patience as the adults. The food is always excellent and the fall specials were very nice additions to the standard menu, we shared several appetizers and after our main course, we also shared several different deserts. Thanks to the entire staff, you have a great team!!Special Features:
- Chart House was off the chartsSheloveditDined on 10/8/2014Chart House has the most attentive service. From the hotesses that gave us the best seat in the house- the view of tge NYC skyline was incredible-and a personalized specials menu titled "Happy 50th Birthday" to our waiter, Kyle, who insisted we have dessert by bringing us a large "ice cream cake" on the house, to the managers asking us how our night was going. The food was, of course, excellent and the drinks were top-notch. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectStephanieDined on 10/7/2014Had an amazing time great customer service amazing view and amazing food ! I have been recommending this place to everyone I know . I'll be back soon (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view of New YorkRodneyDined on 10/7/2014I consider dinner during sunset at the Weehawken Charthouse a must do for any friends visiting Manhattan. Take the beautiful 7 minute ferry ride to a beautiful restaurant with stunning view, great food, good drinks, exemplary service. And everyone -- whether from Los Angeles or Italy have been appropriately impressed. We love it here so much we had our wedding rehearsal dinner here! Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ambiancejmrc100513Dined on 10/5/2014We celebrated our one year anniversary on October 5th, and I have to admit I was beyond impressed with the Chart House. The food was amazing, the staff was amazing and the scenic view was breathtakingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Took my special someone here service was very well view was great really close to the city. Prices seemed fair for the food view and spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerwviewDined on 10/5/2014The location of the restaurant is the best feature of this restaurant. Try to ask for a table by the window when reserving. We did not ask when making reservation but the hostess offer it with a half hour wait. For a seafood restaurant, it did not offer a good menu. However, the food was great. My wife had the CHilean sea bass and it was very well prepared. I had a grilled grouper with olive oil. Unexpectedly, it came out with sauce on top of the fish but after taking a bite, it was delicious. The restaurant did not have a great wine list for my taste. Our server was good but she was very busy. It seems no one else helped her. We had finished our appetizers and the plates were with us for a while. Overall, it was good experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedPete1776Dined on 10/5/2014I was extremely disappointed with the Sunday Brunch. The hostess gave us the worst possible seat - one with no shade on a very sunny day. We were boiling. My father told the waiter that the coffee tasted like dishwater and the waiter just shrugged. The food itself was mediocre. In order to go outside and take a look at the NYC skyline you had to go out the front and wind your way to the back through tables because the doors leading directly to the veranda were closed. All in all an unpleasant day.
- RomanticCuseDined on 10/4/2014Food,and view were great, but had reservation for 9:15 pm didn't get our table until 10:00 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Everything was good except my dish (Mahi was too salty).Special Features:
- Chart House 10/3 ExperienceTmartDined on 10/3/2014I found this restaurant online and gave great reviews for this restaurant. This is an amazing restaurant. You have the most amazing view of NYC. You can go out on the deck and enjoy the view of the skyline. You can see the view from any table in the restaurant. Staff was courteous and accommodated all my request. I will come here more often. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT WAIT STAFFDeb54Dined on 10/3/2014Our waitress was friendly and extremely attentive. She made sure that everything was perfect for our anniversary dinner and made our visit the most enjoyable of all the times we have been there. We will be going back again on 10/18 and I hope we are able to have her as our waitress again. Served us with a smile and returned to the table many times but not too many to be sure we didn't need anything. Food was outstanding and plentiful. My favorite restaurant of all that we have been too and I will continue to be a patron for as long as the service and food remain this outstanding. Of course the view is breathtaking and adds to the romantic feel of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningAloizeDined on 10/3/2014We are new to the neighborhood and were very happy to find this gem of a restaurant. We loved absolutely everything- the food, the wine, the view. Our waiter was very courteous and served us quickly but with no rush. We're definitely coming back and will recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:
- Always greatJohnDevonDined on 10/2/2014This is my second trip. Stunning views, great service and food. Easy to get to by ferry from Manhattan - a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIALOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/2/2014What a great way to celebrate a special occasion. Staff and service was great! Food selections we made were most enjoyable from appetizers to salad to entree to dessert. GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningcsecheverriaDined on 10/1/2014went to celebrate a cousins birthday and had a wonderful evening. It was amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic view + good foodTofog2002Dined on 9/30/2014I was several times before at the Chart House in Weehawken and was never disappointed. As it was my friends birthday I have asked for a table at the window so that we could enjoy the fantastic view to Manhattan and they were able to provide us this table. The waiter was really nice. The food was good, though I remembered it to be a bit better in the past. Nevertheless and was a good value for money and when the dessert arrived they had even written "Happy Birthday" on my friends plate. So as the view is unbeatable, I would always go again. If you are staying in Manhattan and planning to go to the Chart House, I would recommend you to take the ferry which is a lot cheaper and quicker than to go there by taxi.Special Features:
- ServicealireviewDined on 9/29/2014Ambience and Service was impeccable! Food was absolutely outstanding. I've been going here for over 25 years, and have always had a great time. I will dedinitely continue to choose this restaurant for all my special occasion celebrations!Special Features: