Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Lincoln Harbor/Pier D-T
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2013486628
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gene Scola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio Friday nights during summer.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Spectacularly located on the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan, the Weehawken Chart House at Lincoln Harbor offers panoramic views of the glittering New York skyline – from the Empire State Building to Wall Street. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Just minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Chart House will exceed your every expectation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
679 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (615)special occasion (522)romantic (480)great for outdoor dining (259)good for groups (225)fit for foodies (164)notable wine list (137)hot spot (125)great for brunch (125)vibrant bar scene (101)neighborhood gem (96)late-night find (81)great for lunch (75)kid-friendly (42)Show More
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We went for my mother in law's brunch. We had a great time and the food was really good. They offered a nice variety of food to fit all tastes. Looking forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our server was polite and helpful. Our table location had a great view of the sunset and the New York skyline. As the sun sets, the restaurant gets a little dimmer, perfect for that romantic mood. Pictures outside on the terrace is a must and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We were very satisfied. Food was delicious, service was great, parking was easy and it is not overly expensive. Also there is not a bad seat in the house. I was a great choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night.oherr1Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent food, excellent view, excellent staff, all together made the perfect romantic night I planned for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a special dayJacquelyn33Dined on 9/26/2014It was very pleasant place to celebrate four 10th anniversary good food and especially good viewsSpecial Features:
- Amazing!AmazingDined on 9/25/2014We had not only the best view and food but the best service! It made it such a special night! I can sum up my night as amazing and so romantic at the Chart House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REPEAT CUSTOMERBella05Dined on 9/23/2014It was my wife and I second visit and we enjoyed like it was our first time. We invited our friends out to dinner to celebrate - they're newlyweds. The service from the time we arrive until we left the restaurant was very much appreciated. Needless to say they also have a great view of the NYC skyline. The food was very tasty and they have a nice menu selection. We will forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Disappoint.carmarDined on 9/23/2014Our family of 4 dined at Chart House to celebrate a family birthday. Everything was superb - service, setting, view, food, ambience, etc. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Great view, with a spectacular viewKitkatnyDined on 9/23/2014I love this place. The bread is good; mixed drinks and wine fantastic; service great; views to die for. The food still needs a bit of work. We started with the soup combo, lobster bisque, crab, mango and avocado stack and coconut shrimp. All were really good; but the crab stack took the prize. We moved on to the Alaskan king crab, stuffed flounder, scallops and the salmon cooked on a board. The stuffed flounder was five stars. The salmon was quite smokey, but still really good. The Alaskan king crab was hit and miss. Some of the legs were perfect -- just pure, warm, delicious, perfectly cooked crab meat. But others were really cold, wet and salty as though they had been previously frozen. I just don't know. The scallops were okay.Special Features:
- Nice, cozy and romantic! BeautifulBoo29Dined on 9/23/2014The food was good, not great! We were a little disappointed. We remember the food being better in the past. Cooks have bad days as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Success!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I brought my girlfriend to Chart House for her birthday, the waitress greeted us and wished her a happy birthday right away, and they had printed Happy 25th Birthday on the specials menu. They were so thoughtful and made me look great! Amazing food, ambiance and service. There isn't a bad seat anywhere in this place either, so don't feel bad if you don't get a window spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale diningfoodpcDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service, very good food and a great view of the NYC skyline. The Chart House is an old standby that can always be trusted to provide a fine dining experience without the pretense. My wife and i both had seafood dishes that were well prepared. Good wine list too.Special Features:
- CHARTDINNER123Dined on 9/21/2014THE SERVICE...HOLLY..WAS FANTASTIC MANAGEMENT IS SUPERB. THEY ACTUALLY WALK AROUND !!!! FOOD CANNOT BE BEAT ALL SIX ENJOYED THE NIGHTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunchPoppaSmurfVIPDined on 9/21/2014Dined here for the Sunday brunch. It is a very complete offering, with salads, warming trays of various fish and chicken, carving stations of prime rib and roast pork. The dessert table had a large collection of cakes. The food was ok, about like you'd expect it to be. Nothing really stood out as great, likely because it had been prepared in advance and sitting in a steamer for an hour. The service from Al was really good. We had a water-front table, so the experience was very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchChrissyDined on 9/21/2014I always love going to the Chart House and am never disappointed. We went to celebrate my birthday for lunch and discovered that they actually offer Brunch on Sundays. We were PLEASANTLY surprised and it was just as fantastic as always. The food is superb, the view is unmatched and the service was very attentive. I cannot wait to come back with friends and family!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night WonderMonte16Dined on 9/20/2014If you are looking for the best view of the city & amazing food I strongly recommend Chart House. The fried asparagus in bleu cheese butter was to die for! My wife enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there and the staff made us feel like we were the most important patrons there. Can not wait to go back!!Special Features:
- MinimaryDined on 9/20/2014we were celebrating our Sons 30th.. waiter (Nathan) somewhat obnoxious , then at the end he said very LOUD, "your gift cards were included in paying for the bill" .. he did not have to say that so loud for our party to hear we had gift cards to pay for half the meal. Very unprofessional. To work at the Chart House I would think you need class. He also kept telling us how hungry he was and wanted to eat our food... I then had to ask THREE times to please bring the complimentary cake/candle for my Son... You are lucky the food was good or I would never return or recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice, very attentive staff, great view of New York, would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Its okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Chart house service/waiter was good. Food was average. Steak prime rib was 50% fat/ cartilidge. Thats not worth it for a 30 dollar cut of steak. The seafood my wife got was over seasoned with black pepper. Wasabi sause had not a hint of wasabi. The wine selection was good. The side a sizling mushroom came out cold? Make sure you reserve a seat with a view the booths are mood killers.Special Features:
- Good but ColdMikeDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, but came out luke warm at best....very disappointed.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentYearlyVisitorDined on 9/20/2014Went for our annivesary with some friends ... great service, great food and of course, great view !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodGina67Dined on 9/20/2014The Chart House is very good, the view is amazing. I would recommend to anyone. I find the prices to be very reasonable and the service is excellent. I have never had a bad meal at the Chart House.Special Features:
- Enchanting!KwilliaDined on 9/20/2014Chart House is a special occasion restaurant! The view is spectacular, the food was delicious and the service wonderful! Will dine there again in the near future.Special Features:
- MMazVIPDined on 9/19/2014The Maitre'D of this location is Hans. He is exceptional, attentive and provides a welcoming atmosphere. Aside from the amazing view of New York and great food, his level of service is what will keep me going back to this location.Special Features:
- 5th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014The Chart House is among our favorite restaurant, we've been many times. We had a 9:15 reservation but were not seated until 10. We informed them that we had had our wedding reception there and were back for our 5th anniversary. We'd hoped for extra consideration but were seated directly behind the server station which blocked our view - the reason for selecting this venue. Having waited 45 minutes despite a reservation, we expected a decent table. Finally, We ordered the lava cake - something we always look forward to. Instead, they they brought out a "complimentary" ice cream cake! Our bill had a lava cake on it (which was removed), but we never received what we had ordered and the waiter didn't say a word about it - big disappointment.Special Features:
- Never disappointsvejadutooDined on 9/18/2014As usual, the food was nothing short of amazing. We've gotten used to not finding something that wasn't delicious, so I'm not going to harp on that. What set this dining experience apart was the service. From the personalized menus, to the personalized service, I've never been happier at a restaurant. Ever. It was our second anniversary, and I mentioned it in the reservation. When we got there, our menus read "The Weehawken Chart House wishes you a happy anniversary." The hostess wished us a happy anniversary on the way in, and on the way out. The waitress was attentive but unobtrusive. Making sure our needs were met, but allowing us to talk uninterrupted. I've been to Chart Houses before, and received good service, but this tops them allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience at The Chart HouseLobsta4dinnaDined on 9/18/2014The ambience was nice and we had a nice view of the city despite not being directly in front of the window. The food was delicious although there was a long wait time in between the appetizer and the main course. The hot lava cake is worth ordering...amazingly decadent! The mixed drinks from the bar were not impressive...overpriced and watered down...one is better off ordering wine for the evening. The Riesling was very good! Although he was very friendly, our server was lacking at times and forgot to bring us some items we requested. That put a damper on our experience, especially since the restaurant was not that busy! Overall it was an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view!NurseKDined on 9/17/2014We went to the chart house for our anniversary. Beautiful view, excellent service and delicious food. Couldn't ask for a more perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Took my husband and daughter out for their birthday, they share the same birthday. We had a great time, food was great and service excellent. We love chart house we also go to the atlantic city location. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- 1st TimeEvanRDined on 9/16/2014Awesome time, Kyle our waiter knew it all which was great a spectacular help! Will go back again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Small PortionsEatsforfunDined on 9/16/2014We had the Grouper and found that the portions were very small and the fish cut very thin.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014The Chart House at Weehawken has such an amazing view of the NYC skyline. That alone is worth a visit! The wait staff is friendly and well coordinated so that all our food was delivered promptly and hot/cold as requested. In particular, our prime rib and filet were cooked to perfection. We felt attended to, without being rushed. Definitely a place we will return to:)Special Features:
- MichaelDined on 9/14/2014Great waiter, whose name I unfortunately forget! Trademark view--do ask for waterside or window-view table when entering, it's worth it, but even tables in center seemed fine. In warm weather, don't forget the outside patio. Also don't forget the excellent bar. While not inexpensive, presumably one could share an appetizer and get a salad for a reasonable cost. Sharing an entree is also presimably OK, as I didn't see a sharing fee on menu. Some things are only on the Gluten-free menu, so ask for that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I loved the scenery, the food and our waiter Danny was very knowledgeable about the wine choices as well as the food. This is going to be my new Wedding Anniversary spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014First time their and I loved it. Will be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 90thbirthdatDined on 9/13/2014Was 90thbirthday celebration. Everything wasperfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Good seafood... The clam chowder was yummy, the calamari melts in your mouth.. Beautiful view of the NycSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantIslandDivaDined on 9/12/2014Went there to celebrate a friends birthday. The place was perfect and the view of the NY skyline was beautiful. Would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic2daughtersDined on 9/12/2014We dined here for our daughters 29th birthday. Everyone was so happy with their meal & whole experience at The Chart House. Our waiter, Jonathan was wonderful, very knowledgeable, professional yet friendly. Was very surprised to see "Happy Birthday to Sara" on our menus, an extra special touch that was very appreciated. Our other daughter is in the hospitality business and was very impressed with the way The Chart House operates. We will certainly be back to dine and celebrate again, probably for the next birthday! Coming from Morris County was a bit of a ride, but well worth it. Will highly recommend this restaurant. Our experience was wonderful; atmosphere, appetizers, meal, dessert, everyone & everything was perfect. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9-10BillmanDined on 9/10/2014Spent our 31st anniversary dinner at an old tried and true favorite. The Chart House knows how to win you every time. From a very pleasant greeting staff, to a fine bar staff, and bar experience, to an exceptional wait staff ( Lawrence was the best ). Oh, and the view is always a killer. Some dishes are better than others, but the food gets top marks as always. The" Oysters Rockefeller" are superb.Special Features: