Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Lincoln Harbor/Pier D-T
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2013486628
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gene Scola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio Friday nights during summer.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Spectacularly located on the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan, the Weehawken Chart House at Lincoln Harbor offers panoramic views of the glittering New York skyline – from the Empire State Building to Wall Street. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Just minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Chart House will exceed your every expectation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
653 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (596)special occasion (503)romantic (466)great for outdoor dining (207)good for groups (203)fit for foodies (162)notable wine list (127)hot spot (127)great for brunch (104)vibrant bar scene (99)neighborhood gem (99)late-night find (75)great for lunch (62)kid-friendly (33)Show More
- Best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014My Waiter named "will" made all my request come true.. And was very tenitive to my table never for got us made my overall experience awesomeSpecial Features:
- A very special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Made reservations for our my wife and I to celebrate our 56th wedding anniversary. Requested, if it would be at all possible, to be seated at a table by the windows overlooking the New York Skyline. When we arrived, it being a Sunday evening, the restaurant was very busy. I thought to myself we would be lucky just to have a table. When we checked in at the reservation desk, we were warmly welcomed and escorted to our table which was exactly were I hoped it would be, at the windows. The food and service was wonderful. Our waitress, Karen Ann, could not have been more pleasant and helpful. The staff seemed to have did all they could to see to it that we had an enjoyable evening. A very special evening that we will not soon forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014pleasant dining, good food an drink. Would recommend to friends. Plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Love the food, the environment and the way I was treated. Had an amazing time with my loved one definitely looking forward to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i expected. total letdownSue4384Dined on 10/25/2014For my one year anniversary we made reservations for 8:30pm.arrived at the front desk at 8:15 where we were not even greeted by any of the 4 girls standing there.when i finally got someones attention she gave me a buzzer as they would do at at chain resturant and told me it will be a FEW mins. At 8:40 i went back up to the hostess desk where i was told that we were the next to be seated and they seated many more people. at 9:05 i went back to ask how much longer bc by that time i was over it. the girl had a very bad attitude and again said we will be next to be seated. we finally sat down at 9:15 and the waitress was amazing but food was not at all what i expected...too cold but did not want to waste anymore time here so just paid and leftSpecial Features:
- Unforgettable dining experienceacreviewsVIPDined on 10/25/2014The NYC skyline view while dining is magnificient. We were blown away with the ambiance. The bar area is upscale and inviting. There are pub tables for casual dining. The bartenders were excellent and our drinks were delicious. Though we had a reservation, we still waited about thirty minutes for our table, but it was well worth it as we were seated at a booth facing the beautiful lit skyline. There are not many restaurants that offer diners this gorgeous scene. The drinks and ambiance were better than the food, but it was still very good Fresh fish is probably the best choice, and many of the appetizers were very well prepared. We live a few hours away, but will definitely return for another memorable dinner.Special Features:
- Never disappoint!JustAverageVIPDined on 10/25/2014Took my husband for his birthday, and Charthouse always goes above and beyond with their service. We started at the bar, while we wait for our table, which let us enjoy the ambiance, while sipping some drinks! I made a note on the reservation that it was my husbands birthday and without asking, the Lava cake that we ordered was brought with a candle and with a Happy Birthday note on the plate. I ordered the filet with a lobster tail, which was outstanding and my hubby had a stuffed fish, which he loved. Our waitress never stopped checking on us. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014the chart house never fails to deliver a great dining experience. service is awesome our waitress was great, the bartender was great, and the food was delicious. the mood and of course the views of the city are beautiful. you can't go wrong here ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view and FoodPatdpDined on 10/25/2014The view is the best view ever, NY Sky-line WoW!! The food is great I give it a 9.5 The service, wow where these Nice people come from? The price for this type of restaurant is $$$ but fair.Special Features:
- DisappointingRoseDined on 10/24/2014For a seafood restaurant, the cook on the seafood was so off...shrimp was very overcooked, pasta overcooked, sea bass overcooked, etc. The clam chowder and molten lava cake were the only things that redeemed the meal. The service was excruciatingly slow albeit friendly)....ridiculously long waits between courses for very mediocre, overpriced food. What a disappointment! Oh. And after showing up on time for reservation, we were told to take a better (a la cheesecake factory) and that our wait would be 35 minutes. What!! Why even make a reservation then??Special Features:
- VIEW with DELAYSGeorgeR8Dined on 10/24/2014While the views and food continue to make me return, continue to be disappointed with service. Even with reservation, waited 35 minutes past my reservation to be seated - wtih no acknowledgement or apology or offer of something. Then waited 30 minutes for appetizer to be brought to the table. For a restaurant of this caliber, HUGE disappointement and I question whether to return again. Almost disrespectful - too bad, as we usually dine there 3-4 times a year.Special Features:
- Devineluv2eatDined on 10/23/2014We ate at the Chart House in Scottsdale,Arizona last year while on our Anniversary vacation and it was Devine. So this year we did a stay cation and decided to try the Chart House in Weehawken for our anniversary dinner and we were not disappointed. From the moment you arrive until you leave the service is wonderful. Every person who was assigned to your table was so professional. The food is simply delicious. It's very hard to choose what to have because everything on the menus looks unbelievably good. Ask your server for suggestions if you have trouble deciding. The portions are ample. You will even have room for there lava cake for dessert. They have a very extensive wine list.You won't have a problem pairing your wine with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House is Consistently Great!writer123Dined on 10/21/2014Great food, service and views. What more can a restaurant goer ask for?
- Business dinnerPrettymamaDined on 10/20/2014Dinner at the Chart House was outstanding. We ordered an oyster, shrimp and crab platter and it was fantastic. The oysters were very fresh and tasty. The scallops with the wasabi mash potatoes are outstanding. The view of the NY skyline is breathtaking. I was with guys from Japan and they couldn't have been any happier with the food and the view.Special Features:
- commentsfoodfrenzyDined on 10/19/2014John was a good server. I felt like the food was pretty over priced. The presentation lacked. I expected more from the short rib I ordered. I wish I would of picked something else. Great location next to the waterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views!!!JudyDined on 10/19/2014I was recently here which I enjoyed the views. The service and food was outstanding. I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!!!PBandJDined on 10/19/2014We booked this restaurant because our son was sailing on NCL Breakaway . First at the bar we met the bartender, Joe . He was amazing! HELPFUL , considerate and very on task always willing to lend a helping hand or a smiling face! What a nice guy!! Then we were seated at our table by the window! What a view! The menu was great! So much to choose from. The food was awesome! I would say that my crab cakes were probably the best I've ever had!! And the way they were plated was beautiful too! My husband had a NY Strip Steak (I believe ) . It was delicious. He probably should have ordered it a bit more rare though but still was delicious! Overall , a great experience!!Special Features:
- Great place to eat.PernellaghadnottDined on 10/19/2014The food was really good. The service was great. We had a good view . The food portion are really filling. I would definite recommend this place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!BigADined on 10/19/2014This was our first visit to the Weehawken Chart House and we could not have been more pleased with our experience. We were celebrating a birthday in our group and it was the perfect place to do that. The view of course makes it a spectacular site, but the brunch was delicious and oh so many choices to choose from too. We have decided that for special occasions in the future, we're heading to the Chart House!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning View and FoodLousLanieDined on 10/18/2014I was quite pleasantly surprised to be seated at a window table on a Saturday night. The views of the Manhattan skyline are unequalled but sadly I cannot say the same for the service. While our server was cordial and informed us of the appetizer and dinner specials, he failed to deliver our meals as specified. My husband requested his tuna be grilled with no sauce, yet it arrived covered in sauce. The server talked us into ordering sautéed mushrooms, yet they never did appear at our table. Despite the little mistakes, we all enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- very goodrobellecDined on 10/18/2014Excellent fish and dessert good service but sometime to quick marvelous view on manhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningDeb54Dined on 10/18/2014My meal, pan seared scallops was delicious and tasty. My husbands meal, NY strip steak was not as good; his steak was lukewarm at best and the baked potato was too cold to melt the butter. Our waitress was ok but not too attentive to our drink glasses and never asked if we would like a second cup of coffee at the end of our meal. We ate at the Chart House earlier in the month and our meal was outstanding, as was the service. This visit was a bit disappointing. The view was excellent and the skyline was clear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnervidining1Dined on 10/15/2014This was an Anniversary celebration dinner. Everything was lovely! The service, the food & drinks. The ambiance is perfect for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalljsway94Dined on 10/15/2014Overall, I had a great time, the food is a little high price for some people, but it's totally worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart topping!PotentPixPlacesDined on 10/14/2014The Chart House made sure my lady had a memorable birthday dinner. They even personalized her menu and all the staff that saw her greeted her with a "Happy Birthday". As for the food, I had the short ribs w/mashed potatoes, which was delicious. The appetizers though... Duck confit spring rolls are excellent, as is the coconut shrimp. Food is moderately pricy, but worth it and has instantly become one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I reserved for a romantic dinner. I am proud in the comments which I was able to read on internet and on the reputation of "Chart House". It was completed, the place is magnificent.Special Features:
- AlexiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Truly an amazing place!! Couldn't find one thing wrong with the place. Great food, great staff, & an amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Views and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was amazing, the views were breathe taking, the service was fast, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerslyallDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline, great food, I had the teriyaki steak and my eife the herb crusted salmon. The lava cake was awesome and service very thorough and friendly.Special Features:
- punkieDined on 10/12/2014This was our second visit. We wanted to bring our family. The atmosphere was great. However, my food was not good. I ordered the stuffed flounder which I had before and it was great. This time it was burnt and crispy. The knife would not cut it. I sent it back. It was brought out by the manager. This time is was purely white and uncooked. I accepted it to avoid sending it back a second time. I was not pleased at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionsNickDined on 10/12/2014We have been here a few times and overall the brush is a great valve with so many food selections. Hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I have previously been to the Chart House for a Wedding and thought the food and view was great. This was my first time actually having dinner at the venue and I thought our waiter was fantastic. She had great knowledge of the menu and her customer service was outstanding. To top it all off, the window view of the New York City Skyline was magnificent. I am absolutely coming back in the near future.Special Features:
- Go once for the viewLindaEDined on 10/11/2014The most amazing thing about the Chart House is the view - nothing else is amazing but is all pretty good. Long wait for table inspite of reservaton. One hour wait for window table. Drinks weak but OK, food good, desserts good. Service pleasant. A very good place to take out of town guest if you want to impress them - not a very intimate everyday place.Special Features:
- kid-friendlykoichiDined on 10/11/2014We love this restaurant because our small kids including 4 month-old baby were acceptable. Of course, taste and scenic view was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BranchburgBranchburgDined on 10/10/2014The wait for our table view was well worth the time, a beautiful Friday evening over looking the Hudson. The food was very good however we were disappointed with the lava cake and coffee. The cake was not hot as the chocolate did not flow and the ice cream did not melt. In addition, the coffee had coffee grinds at the bottom of the mug :(. The manager handled the situation and was very accommodating in resolving our dissatisfaction.Special Features:
- Food & service equal to viewJJDaltonDined on 10/9/2014I have been frequenting the Chart House in Weehawken since they opened for family special occasions. This time we celebrated a Birthday with 7 people, the wonderful experience began with a cocktail at the bar, then the Maitre D was extremely personable and very helpful. We sat in a booth with an awesome view of mid-town NYC!! Our waiter was very professional and knowledgeable, he handled the younger family members with the same respect and patience as the adults. The food is always excellent and the fall specials were very nice additions to the standard menu, we shared several appetizers and after our main course, we also shared several different deserts. Thanks to the entire staff, you have a great team!!Special Features:
- Chart House was off the chartsSheloveditDined on 10/8/2014Chart House has the most attentive service. From the hotesses that gave us the best seat in the house- the view of tge NYC skyline was incredible-and a personalized specials menu titled "Happy 50th Birthday" to our waiter, Kyle, who insisted we have dessert by bringing us a large "ice cream cake" on the house, to the managers asking us how our night was going. The food was, of course, excellent and the drinks were top-notch. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectStephanieDined on 10/7/2014Had an amazing time great customer service amazing view and amazing food ! I have been recommending this place to everyone I know . I'll be back soon (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view of New YorkRodneyDined on 10/7/2014I consider dinner during sunset at the Weehawken Charthouse a must do for any friends visiting Manhattan. Take the beautiful 7 minute ferry ride to a beautiful restaurant with stunning view, great food, good drinks, exemplary service. And everyone -- whether from Los Angeles or Italy have been appropriately impressed. We love it here so much we had our wedding rehearsal dinner here! Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ambiancejmrc100513Dined on 10/5/2014We celebrated our one year anniversary on October 5th, and I have to admit I was beyond impressed with the Chart House. The food was amazing, the staff was amazing and the scenic view was breathtakingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.