Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Lincoln Harbor/Pier D-T
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2013486628
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gene Scola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio Friday nights during summer.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Spectacularly located on the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan, the Weehawken Chart House at Lincoln Harbor offers panoramic views of the glittering New York skyline – from the Empire State Building to Wall Street. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Just minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Chart House will exceed your every expectation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
643 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (582)special occasion (487)romantic (455)great for outdoor dining (254)good for groups (215)notable wine list (140)fit for foodies (131)great for brunch (128)hot spot (117)vibrant bar scene (98)neighborhood gem (90)late-night find (87)great for lunch (81)kid-friendly (46)Show More
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The place is beautiful and so is the view of the water and city, but the service was a let down. We waited close to ten minutes to be greeted for a drink order. We asked a back waiter for knives at one point because we did not have any for our entrees; this seemed to annoy him and when he brought them over he reached right in front of me to the point his sleeve was touching my nose. This is incredibly rude. We ordered a bottle of wine and asked the manger to check on it for us since we were halfway through our entrees already before it came. He got it for us, but either does not know proper wine service or did not think we would know the difference. Food was great, but I wouldn't go back. I feel for the price point, service was sub-par.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner.FernandoDined on 8/29/2014The view was spectacular, the food was delicious, and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Celebrated my 19th wedding anniversary with my wife. Great place for a romantic special occasion. The food was great so was the view of New York. We had an 8:30 reservation but had to wait 30mins for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proper cutleryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service was very good, being there few times but was disappointed bc we have to keep asking for the proper cutlery, did not put the proper steak knife and fish knifes. It should be on the table after the order being placed instead ask for it few times. The rest was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish the food was betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This was our second experience at The Chart House. The first time was perfect - not impressed with my 2nd visit. The food was not hot, presentation was not spectacular-mashed potatoes were lukewarm and soupy - the scallops were small and the seasoning was not flavorful. I would recommend this restaurant again but would stick to beef as my choice for the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS EVERY TIME!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Everything about this place is fabulous...The ease of making a reservation, the friendliness of the greeters & hostess, the waiters are always top-notch, the food beyond all expections, no pressure to be rushed out, and of course,,,the NYC skyline - day or night! Total class in every way possible!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful and deliciousjulsDined on 8/27/2014Our parking experience was awful-there was an event nearby that took up spaces, and the valet line was over 30 minutes-But thanks to the assistance from the manager, we were able to get in finally.Thank you Mirabel. Our Server Camillo was professional , friendly, very helpful in making our dinner choices! Excellent service !! The dinner and dessert were fabulous!! Our view stunning! I would recommend the Chart House!!Special Features:
- Did NOT disappoint!GtoofleeDined on 8/26/2014Chart House was everything I expected it to be after reading about it. The food was AMAZING, the view is BREATH TAKING, and the service was impeccable. It's a great place for couples who want a nice romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Service was excellent The food was priced right and also excellent. It is a standard Chart House menu with daily specials. Good variety and cooked to our taste. The view of Manhatten is superb!!! Very busy, but not overly noise. Valet parking available and saves a potential long walk from the huge parking lot.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Excellent in every part of the dinning experience. Food service and the view was all excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014I have eaten here before with friends, but this time I took my fiance for our anniversary. We arrived early for our reservation so we were shown to the bar area for some happy hour specials. The mango mojito and calamari were great and less than half off their original prices. We then sat outside for dinner. The view of the NYC skyline really made this experience even nicer. My fiancé loved her coconut shrimp dinner, and overall was very pleased with her experience here. Our server José was fantastic by the way. Very knowledgeable of the menu, polite, and accommodating. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charthouse WeehawkenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Very good restaurant with a beautiful view. We had salmon which was excellent and we ate outside on a warm eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Thank you very much for all.................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- amazing Anniversary DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and i we celebrate us wedding anniversary left me tell u was the best ever date in my life and i highly recommended this place !. And this people personalized the menu for us on top say HAPPY 10 anniversary...thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome houseTheBigOneDined on 8/24/2014FANTASTIC. Because of chart house, my relationship is better. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My wife and I chose The Chart House for our anniversary dinner and we weren't disappointed. The food, service, and the ambiance were wonderful. The setting along side the Hudson River and the skyline of NYC were spactacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014There has not been a time when the food and service has not been excellent. The chef deserves much credit for his creations. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. TSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I'd like to say The Chart House made my 1yr wedding anniversary amazingly special, all the way down to the personalized menu. Food is amazing also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Very powerful air conditioning made up freeze. We were soooooo cold. When we were finished with our meal we could not wait to leave. That is how cold we were. I am not a picky complaining type, and able to roll with the punches, but this was really cold. Everything else was great. I said to my partner that I would return but in the winter when the air conditioning was not in use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our anniversary special!Npatel27Dined on 8/23/2014Thank you again Chart House for the amazing food and a memorable 1st wedding anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a beautiful anniversary celebration dinner with a stop at the bar for a cocktail. Everyone of the staff is very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our night together and the food was outstanding. I would highly recommend to my friends.Special Features:
- Don't go for the FoodreereeDined on 8/23/2014Mediocre Food, spectacular views. Felt Like a huge cruise ship.Special Features:
- Celebrate!grammyDined on 8/23/2014We come to the Chart House yearly, on average, to celebrate someone's birthday or anniversary. I always request a window table, even if it means having to wait a bit. When we wait in the bar, or on the deck outside the bar, we can have appetizers and drinks and still have a great view. The food is wonderful, but we really come for the view of the Hudson River and of Manhattan. We have seen (on different visits) ferry boats, cruise ships, day-liners, water skiers, paddle boarders, helicopters, hot air balloons, spectacular lightning, various colored lights on the Empire State Building, among other things. The service is friendly but professional, and the seafood is to die for. Not cheap! But great.Special Features:
- Nice viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed the food and views at this restaurant. It was perfect for a special birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ambience was greatPoppysun40Dined on 8/22/2014Definitely a place to take a love one, the scenery of the water and city was very romantic. They accommodated my request to have our tables facing the window. She loved that. Thank you Charter house for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Service was very friendly and attentive, food was well presented and good. Great date night with a breathtaking view to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwayssnachDined on 8/22/2014We go here a few times a year to celebrate anniversarys and birthdays. We love the service and the food is great. Always a great time, but it is expensive especially if you want to enjoy a drink or three...always happy when thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014There is no other place like the chart house. Food is to die for, the service is excellent, the view is absolutely breath taking, and the prices are very fair. Highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The absolutly best place in NJ!Bob1Dined on 8/20/2014Everything about the Chart House in Weehawken was outstanding to include the service, taste, scenic views of NYC, and personal service provided by our waiter Alex. Just outstanding. The best place for special events or just a nice night out.Special Features:
- Impeccable as alwaysDerLauferDined on 8/20/2014I've loved this place for decades. The service is wonderful. The food always looks and tastes delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful AmbianceUpscalefoodieDined on 8/19/2014We took our Aunt to the Chart House to celebrate her 75th Birthday. She was blown away! We were ushered to the window seats and the view was breathtaking. It was an 8pm reservation and the city lights were shining bright. We had a perfect view of the Empire State Building and the ocean! The menus came and my Aunt Ruth starting smiling.... the menus were personalized wishing her a Happy Birthday!!!!!! WOW!!! If you are looking for a place to celebrate or for a romantic dinner with delicious food - don't skip the Chart House. Great service from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Special place for special occassionksk1Dined on 8/19/2014We, me and my wife, visited the Chart House to celebrate my wife's birthday. They were gracious to present us a table with a view of the NYC skyline. The blackened fish entrees that they provide are some of the best among the options. I would have loved a quieter ambiance, but I suppose that all others were enjoying their time at the place as well. Would highly recommend others to visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Good place for cocktails and a view of the city. stay away from the foodSpecial Features:
- Always great!Teres119Dined on 8/17/2014We absolutely love coming here with and without our kids. It is romantic for a couple but a nice family dinner place to get dressed up for and enjoy the beautiful view and delicious food! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BestDineNviewDined on 8/17/2014Of all the Chart House/Landry properties. Chart House, Weehawkin has to rated as #1 for service, food and scenic view. We found it to one of the most enjoyable dining experiences that we have ever had. Celebrating out 40th wedding anniversary, we enjoyed every minute of our dining at the Chart House. Our server was most helpful with suggestions to our chioces and was very friendly and professional. The view is breath taking at sunset.( you are right on the water looking at the Manhattan skyline.). Very relaxing. No rush at all....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationMrsmarshmellowDined on 8/17/2014We had not been to the Chart House in a few years , and was pleasantly surprised that the food had improved. The view is what grabs you, but everyone was pleased with their meals. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greathe ExperienceGr8servDined on 8/16/2014I had been to The Chart House in the past but my boyfriend had never been. I made reservations for our anniversary dinner and it was truly a great experience. The only hiccup we had was when we first arrived we asked for a window seat and they told us it was an extra 40 minutes. We went over by the bar to wait for our table and the bartenders did not acknowledge us at all. Two parties came after us and they were served before us. It wasn't until I attempted to get the bartender's attention that was in front of me that another bartender notice me from the other side and attended to us. This made me a bit upset but I didn't allow this experience to ruin the night for us. I must say our table server Kristopher was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY FABULOUSFANTABULOUSDined on 8/16/2014I came to the chart house to celebrate my sister's birthday and i have to thank you for making her experience and mine a wonderful one. we were able to relax and the food was fantabulous. thank you for making our experience a memorable oneSpecial Features:
- Great experienceErikDined on 8/16/2014We had an amazing experience when we came here. The food, staff, and decore are all top notch. The only downside if I had to provided one would be the parking. The restaurant holds many more people then room for parking, we had to do about 4 laps before we found a spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich's b'dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014the restaurant is great, that's why I did choose to go there. If there is anything I did not like is the table assign to us. I would've liked a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.