Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Lincoln Harbor/Pier D-T
Weehawken, NJ 07086Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2013486628
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Lunch: Saturday 11:30am - 3pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gene Scola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio Friday nights during summer.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken
Spectacularly located on the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan, the Weehawken Chart House at Lincoln Harbor offers panoramic views of the glittering New York skyline – from the Empire State Building to Wall Street. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 27 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From top-of-the-catch seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Snapper Hemingway, Shrimp Fresca & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & whiskies, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Just minutes from Midtown Manhattan, Chart House will exceed your every expectation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken - Best Restaurants in Weehawken ›
Chart House Restaurant - Weehawken reviews from OpenTable diners
682 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (616)special occasion (526)romantic (480)great for outdoor dining (268)good for groups (224)fit for foodies (158)notable wine list (142)great for brunch (126)hot spot (123)vibrant bar scene (102)neighborhood gem (95)late-night find (80)great for lunch (76)kid-friendly (45)Show More
- Late night WonderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014If you are looking for the best view of the city & amazing food I strongly recommend Chart House. The fried asparagus in bleu cheese butter was to die for! My wife enjoyed celebrating our anniversary there and the staff made us feel like we were the most important patrons there. Can not wait to go back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014we were celebrating our Sons 30th.. waiter (Nathan) somewhat obnoxious , then at the end he said very LOUD, "your gift cards were included in paying for the bill" .. he did not have to say that so loud for our party to hear we had gift cards to pay for half the meal. Very unprofessional. To work at the Chart House I would think you need class. He also kept telling us how hungry he was and wanted to eat our food... I then had to ask THREE times to please bring the complimentary cake/candle for my Son... You are lucky the food was good or I would never return or recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Very nice, very attentive staff, great view of New York, would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Its okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Chart house service/waiter was good. Food was average. Steak prime rib was 50% fat/ cartilidge. Thats not worth it for a 30 dollar cut of steak. The seafood my wife got was over seasoned with black pepper. Wasabi sause had not a hint of wasabi. The wine selection was good. The side a sizling mushroom came out cold? Make sure you reserve a seat with a view the booths are mood killers.Special Features:
- Good but ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, but came out luke warm at best....very disappointed.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The Chart House is very good, the view is amazing. I would recommend to anyone. I find the prices to be very reasonable and the service is excellent. I have never had a bad meal at the Chart House.Special Features:
- Enchanting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Chart House is a special occasion restaurant! The view is spectacular, the food was delicious and the service wonderful! Will dine there again in the near future.Special Features:
- 5th Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014The Chart House is among our favorite restaurant, we've been many times. We had a 9:15 reservation but were not seated until 10. We informed them that we had had our wedding reception there and were back for our 5th anniversary. We'd hoped for extra consideration but were seated directly behind the server station which blocked our view - the reason for selecting this venue. Having waited 45 minutes despite a reservation, we expected a decent table. Finally, We ordered the lava cake - something we always look forward to. Instead, they they brought out a "complimentary" ice cream cake! Our bill had a lava cake on it (which was removed), but we never received what we had ordered and the waiter didn't say a word about it - big disappointment.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014As usual, the food was nothing short of amazing. We've gotten used to not finding something that wasn't delicious, so I'm not going to harp on that. What set this dining experience apart was the service. From the personalized menus, to the personalized service, I've never been happier at a restaurant. Ever. It was our second anniversary, and I mentioned it in the reservation. When we got there, our menus read "The Weehawken Chart House wishes you a happy anniversary." The hostess wished us a happy anniversary on the way in, and on the way out. The waitress was attentive but unobtrusive. Making sure our needs were met, but allowing us to talk uninterrupted. I've been to Chart Houses before, and received good service, but this tops them allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experience at The Chart HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The ambience was nice and we had a nice view of the city despite not being directly in front of the window. The food was delicious although there was a long wait time in between the appetizer and the main course. The hot lava cake is worth ordering...amazingly decadent! The mixed drinks from the bar were not impressive...overpriced and watered down...one is better off ordering wine for the evening. The Riesling was very good! Although he was very friendly, our server was lacking at times and forgot to bring us some items we requested. That put a damper on our experience, especially since the restaurant was not that busy! Overall it was an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We went to the chart house for our anniversary. Beautiful view, excellent service and delicious food. Couldn't ask for a more perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Took my husband and daughter out for their birthday, they share the same birthday. We had a great time, food was great and service excellent. We love chart house we also go to the atlantic city location. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- 1st TimeEvanRDined on 9/16/2014Awesome time, Kyle our waiter knew it all which was great a spectacular help! Will go back again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Small PortionsEatsforfunDined on 9/16/2014We had the Grouper and found that the portions were very small and the fish cut very thin.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2014The Chart House at Weehawken has such an amazing view of the NYC skyline. That alone is worth a visit! The wait staff is friendly and well coordinated so that all our food was delivered promptly and hot/cold as requested. In particular, our prime rib and filet were cooked to perfection. We felt attended to, without being rushed. Definitely a place we will return to:)Special Features:
- MichaelDined on 9/14/2014Great waiter, whose name I unfortunately forget! Trademark view--do ask for waterside or window-view table when entering, it's worth it, but even tables in center seemed fine. In warm weather, don't forget the outside patio. Also don't forget the excellent bar. While not inexpensive, presumably one could share an appetizer and get a salad for a reasonable cost. Sharing an entree is also presimably OK, as I didn't see a sharing fee on menu. Some things are only on the Gluten-free menu, so ask for that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I loved the scenery, the food and our waiter Danny was very knowledgeable about the wine choices as well as the food. This is going to be my new Wedding Anniversary spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014First time their and I loved it. Will be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 90thbirthdatDined on 9/13/2014Was 90thbirthday celebration. Everything wasperfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Good seafood... The clam chowder was yummy, the calamari melts in your mouth.. Beautiful view of the NycSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantIslandDivaDined on 9/12/2014Went there to celebrate a friends birthday. The place was perfect and the view of the NY skyline was beautiful. Would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic2daughtersDined on 9/12/2014We dined here for our daughters 29th birthday. Everyone was so happy with their meal & whole experience at The Chart House. Our waiter, Jonathan was wonderful, very knowledgeable, professional yet friendly. Was very surprised to see "Happy Birthday to Sara" on our menus, an extra special touch that was very appreciated. Our other daughter is in the hospitality business and was very impressed with the way The Chart House operates. We will certainly be back to dine and celebrate again, probably for the next birthday! Coming from Morris County was a bit of a ride, but well worth it. Will highly recommend this restaurant. Our experience was wonderful; atmosphere, appetizers, meal, dessert, everyone & everything was perfect. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9-10BillmanDined on 9/10/2014Spent our 31st anniversary dinner at an old tried and true favorite. The Chart House knows how to win you every time. From a very pleasant greeting staff, to a fine bar staff, and bar experience, to an exceptional wait staff ( Lawrence was the best ). Oh, and the view is always a killer. Some dishes are better than others, but the food gets top marks as always. The" Oysters Rockefeller" are superb.Special Features:
- Great location & impeccable serviceFoodieByDesignDined on 9/10/2014Great ambience and location with great NYC views. The signature cocktails were unique. I also enjoyed a good glass of Malbec. Food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodCozyVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were last night celebrating a birthday. The view here is fantastic but the food lacks the 4 star mark, easy to tell that seafood wasn't fresh. We had the crab cake app the steak and scallops. They weren't bad, but just ok, no special taste, didn't smell fresh, smth you would want from a place like this. I've been to other locations of Chart and the one in Old Town Alexandria, VA is my favorite. But the combination of view, service and food was a good experience. Props at Alex, our server, he did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum63yumDined on 9/7/2014Outstanding view and atmosphere. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, amazing view!Dininglover1Dined on 9/7/2014We had a lovely experience at the Chart House. The food was delicious, the service was great and the view was amazing! Our server called us by first names the entire evening and even brought us our lava cake with Happy Anniversary drizzled in chocolate. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant for all occassionsterryDined on 9/7/2014we love to go back and back all the time to chart house for all our family special gatherings as well as social gatheringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome eveningMichelle612VIPDined on 9/6/2014Chart House Weehawken is one of our favorite restaurants. We celebrated our 34th anniversary on Saturday evening, and the evening was wonderful. Food was fabulous, as was the service. And of course the view is spectatular! A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary viewSeafoodqueenDined on 9/6/2014I guess my review won't be too different from others. The views are spectacular! The first time I came to this restaurant was years ago for my cousin's sweet 16th. I had a chance to see the view and I have never looked back. This has been the 3rd time I've been to the actual restaurant. The food always deserves a 5 oit of 5, ive never been disappointed. The only reason I gave the restaurant a 4 out of 5 was being of the service. Our server was not catering and was rude and condescending. Although, it wasn't enough to ruin our night, he made us feel very guilty and uncomfortable. Other than that I will definitely come back and hope for another waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Breathtaking views of Manhattan, attentive service (thank you John) and a spacious and comfortable dining room. Food was good, the appetizers were excellent but my wife reported that the lobster entrée was just okay and my fish dinner was good, not great.Special Features:
- Good food with scenic view.kirknjDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful view overlooking the Hudson River to NY City. Food was very good and not that expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Chart HouselovetoeatDined on 9/6/2014Haven't been to one in a number of years and the Weehawken location did not disappoint. Everything we ordered was delicious and the service was impeccable. We made our reservations just hours before and they even had a Birthday menu at the table for him when we got there.Special Features:
- Capital sights, great grubSoprano1ManDined on 9/6/2014A place this nice should have an elegant dress code. Service, by Matthew, was great as he knows the difference between being attentive and hovering. For a late hazy afternoon, the Manhattan skyscape was still spectacular. The four of us will return for more experimenting with the signature cocktail menu. A Bold Manhattan made with Maker’s Mark whiskey and a regular Manhattan with bar tender’s choice of whiskey tied for top honours. Of the four entrees, the crab cakes were the standout, though we were all quite satisfied with our choices. The only thing missing here is live music by a pianist, jazz trio or even classical chamber music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5dineDined on 9/6/2014This visit was not my first time at the Chart House. I wanted a friend of mine to experience this type of fine dining. She thought the restaurant was lovely, the food great and will probably bring some of her other friends here. I usually bring my family to the Chart House on special occasions for example, birthdays, father's day, special days of "Thank You" The service is always good and the servers have always been very friendly each time I have been here. This was the first time I came for lunch, I usually come for dinner. The visit was very nice. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++ Servicesluv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Very relaxing atmosphere. Had a 7:30 reservation, but requested window seat. Had to wait an additional 25-30 min, but it was worth the wait! Our server game us phenomenal service and was very friendly. Food and drinks were great! They customized our menus as it was our 6th anniversary. Would highly recommend for any special eventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Solid....davesarnVIPDined on 9/1/2014Food and Service excellent as always and of course one of the best views of NYC available anywhere.Special Features:
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014My medium rare steak was definitely overcooked, not much pink in the middle, and the lobster tail was also overcooked. So, for food at these prices, I would recommend another steakhouse. But the view was great and it was a great place for a birthday meal.Special Features:
- Breathtaking ExperiencelovelostDined on 9/1/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. When I arrived I remembered the wedding reception I attended at this location 10 years ago. It is even more astonishing now. The staff is amazing and very knowledgeable. The view is stunning. Not pricey as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itAmie15VIPDined on 9/1/2014Great view and experience ! The only compliant I could have was the noise. Other than that, we had a great time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.