Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
7255 McCormick Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4809512550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Greg Harton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
Located in the renowned McCormick Ranch area in the heart of Scottsdale, Chart House overlooks picturesque Camelback Mountain & Camelback Lake. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wine, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (105)special occasion (76)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (26)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Excellent view and good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Had an excellent table and excellent server, Michael. Michael was spot on with recommendations. Wine choice was delicate yet fruity. Clam chowder make us wanting for more. Chicken Marsala tasty. Would have liked more sauce and mushrooms but there was plenty on the plate. Dessert very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!luv2bnazDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my husbands 85th birthday in style with a window seat, a very attentive waiter and the BEST Prime Rib we ever had. Thanks again for a most enjoyable birthday. Hope to be back for his 86th.Special Features:
- Food is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We went here for restaurant week. Our server was great, he was very helpful and entertaining, we really liked him. Unfortunately their AC was broken when we were there so it was miserably hot. We were both sweating through our clothes and uncomfortable the whole time. We had a great table that was in the corner overlooking the lake, the view was gorgeous. Being surrounded by windows, made our date night awkward as we could hear the two other groups sitting in the same room as us very loudly and echo-y. One was going over the details of his nasty divorce and custody battle and the other was a table of two couples that were loud and a little vulgar at times. We both just wanted to hurry up and leave due to the heat and noise.Special Features:
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent. Kevin was our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night CouplePaulDined on 9/26/2014Great food. Great service, and got to love the view.. I do think management is a little sleep at the switch the CEO is worried about new carpet, wood etc. but the air conditioning was out. This is Az folks, the little things matterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week diningBradsviewDined on 9/25/2014A very poor experience! The food was fair at best! My prime rib was about 1/8 inch thick. The service was poor and I was asked to buy a restaurant card by the waiter. We waited about 20 minutes for our last course!
- Bad service - ruined birthdayalbertVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have dined at many Chart House restaurants across the country and they were all consistently good in regards to location, ambiance, food, and service. Unfortunately, this was not the birthday experience I had hoped for with my family. The hostess made us wait over 25 minutes for a reservation (Landrys VIP) even though the restaurant was empty. She was very unprofessional and didn't have a care in the world for me or the other groups waiting. The main server attempted to do a better job but I could easily overhear hear and other waiters and staff complaining about the customers near the salad area. Again, extremely unprofessional. I have always had great experiences at Chart House but this was a major let down esp on a day of celebrationSpecial Features:
- delicious food,great servicehonestreviewDined on 9/23/2014My first visit to chart house, recommended by my sister. I had the seafood grill and my daughter had the seared scampi. Both were delicious. Our server anticipayed our every need. We also had the molten lava cake for dessert. It was very good. My only tiny suggestion would be to offer the dessert menu to look at before the lava cake is offered. While it was nice to know that the cake would take 40 minutes to prepare so we ordered it before we received our dinner, we did not see what else may have been available. I will definitely return. A beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner I've ever had!!!HarrysdadDined on 9/23/2014We had dinner on Tuesday night at the Chart House and had a fabulous dinner. The shrimp with macadamia nuts and mango sauce was out of this world. Dessert was fabulous as well. Highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and ViewKittyVIPDined on 9/21/2014The Food, especially the prime rib, oddly enough! - is fabulous! The clam chowder and gazpacchio are outstanding as well. Ask for Ronnie - he is the best!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was not busy yet service was so slow. Our waiter just stood there looking around and every course took forever. Then we were overcharge for the glass of wine. The food was okay, not great but the waiting time was just horrendous. Sorry but we will not be visiting Chart House again.
- Restaurant Week: Big MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Had a reservation but had to wait---even with many empty tables. Kept going downhill from there. Service was robotic and slow. When food finally came it was over cooked and dry---too long under the heat lamp. Didn't have a chance to say anything as waiter only came back with the check. When ordering our RW Prefix we told him we would be taking our desserts to go. He never brought them and when we did finally get the check, with nothing having been cleared from the table, we just wanted out of there. Will not be returning or recommending.
- Chart House ReviewEddieDined on 9/20/2014Revisited The Chart House during restaurant Week. I was very pleased with the Prime Rib. The Chicken Marsala was also very good. The miniMud Pie was just right .Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekJoannieODined on 9/20/2014My date & I were very disappointed. We ordered our food from the restaurant week menu. The entree came before the salad & soup. the waiter left the entrees on the table for a good 5 minutes before returning to tell us they were for another table. When the starters finally were delivered my date's clam chowder didn't have many clams in it. 2 glasses of wind for $18.00. My 2nd glass of wine wasn't even 1/2 filled. We were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food wasn't anything special at all. Won't be back.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Went to Chart House for our wedding reception. The service was good, waiters were friendly, view was great, and food was very tasty. No criticisms. Would recommend Chart House to anyone looking for a special occasion kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewmkdiningDined on 9/19/2014We had a great table at the windows with a wonderful view of the lake! The prime rib and the creme brulee were fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Exceptional AmbiancegranygormetDined on 9/18/2014The salad Bar is a culinary delight. The menu selection of seafood is diverse paired with a variety of classic selections, appetizers and sides. The lake views are relaxing and the staff are quietly attentive, never letting the guests feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was uninformedMbmotorsazDined on 9/17/2014They treated my husband and I as if we were poor slobs we were snubbed by GM and head chef who went to every other table to meet and greet guests I will never go back this was our 6th time at Chart house we can afford to dine where ever we choose and to be treated like trash no thank you we shall continue to dine at wrights at the Biltmore and leave Chart house off our listSpecial Features:
- azresidentazresidentDined on 9/14/2014The food is good. Views of the water, lake, mountains and sunset are memorable. Chart House on McCormick Parkway has been a favorite of our family for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AZ53Dined on 9/9/2014Lovely lake view...so peaceful. Our waiter was very attentive and our food was very good! My seafood mixed plate was delicious...the salmon and shrimp were moist and flavorful but my favorite was the crab cake...outstanding! So nice to know that we'll always receive great service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyeatingoutDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful restaurant, superb service, wonderful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectHappy2goDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our evening. Service was wonderful. We had a great table, nice view. We went there to have seafood. As former New Englanders, we are always on the lookout for great seafood - hard to find in Arizona! We loved the selections available but have just one suggestion - don't overcook the fish! The crab in the crab cakes was wonderful but we also had halibut that was bone dry. Had they taken it off the flame just a minute or two sooner, it would have been so much better. Other than that we greatly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Really enjoyed the food and the seating at the window overlooking the lake. The only negative was a sales pitch by the server regarding the frequent customer program of the Landry's restaurant chain. Leave that piece out and it was a perfect evening.
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always, The Chart House is great! The prime rib is outstanding! The shrimp cocktail and soups are all fabulous!Special Features:
- Great service and wonderful viewbirthdayDined on 8/25/2014we started in the bar and if we were not going to dinner they had a wonderful happy hour bar menu. Our server Kevin was wonderful, as a matter of fact everyone was wonderful and friendly. My food was not very good but they took it back and re cooked it and it was fabulous. The manager can by and was very kind. We love this restaurant and will surely be back even though it takes us an hr. to drive there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Great service. Friendly attentive staff. Awesome food. Darren was a wonderful server even to people that lost track of time. Thanks for a very special eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseTerrDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I dined at this always good restaurant on Saturday evening. The salad bar was as delicious and fresh as always. It can't be beat! Our waiter was very efficient and cordial. We remarked as to how beautiful the setting is at this restaurant. We could actually talk to each other in a low voice without T.V.'s blaring in the background. This restaurant is a gem!!!Special Features:
- Superb RestaurantBillHDined on 8/23/2014As always when we dine at Chart House the food selection and food itself were great. The service from entry to end was friendly and professional. The ambiance is superb. A beautiful, romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okMssybrittyVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was just ok for me. The waiter seemed very nervous, he disappeared for about 10 minutes and we had to ask another server for our friends drink that we were waiting for. The lobster bisque was just ok, I've had much better. I had the ahi tuna, I had much better than this also. For being known for their seafood, not soo much. I would not go back unfortunately. Just wasn't somewhere that pops out for us.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAZRODined on 8/17/2014I have been to the Chart House many times, most for special occasions. The experience has always been good and the food delicious. A nice touch is the menu printed especially for the occasion. Thanks to all for making us feel welcome. AZROSpecial Features:
- Always DelightfulClaireLuminousVIPDined on 8/17/2014We love to dine at the Chart House because of its tranquil, beautiful setting, the superb service, and the the always wonderful food.Special Features:
- Good, But Not GreatAletheaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Thought that I would try this restaurant location a second time. Food was okay, but not great, especially for the price. I'll stick with Mastro's Ocean Club from now on. Also, took a look at the salad bar, but decided against it, as it was not re-stocked or freshened adequately. My later reservation at 8:00 p.m. should not have been an issue regarding this, but I think it was. The wine selection is wonderful however. Many good choices to choose from.Special Features:
- Past its prime, ruined by a chainRJ7277Dined on 8/16/2014Hard upsell and low-end restaurant level servers create a real disconnect with the attempt at remaining a fine dining restaurant - and ridiculously high prices for what they deliver. Went for a special occasion and really a disappointment. Would be great if a nice local restaurant or chain took over this beautiful location.
- Perfect choiceLuv2dineDined on 8/16/2014We selected Chart House for a family birthday dinner and they did not disappoint. Our group had vegans, vegetarians, non seafood eaters and children but the salad bar and varied menu accommodated everyone. They even printed a personalized birthday greeting at the top of the menu. Although the food itself is good but not great, this was the perfect place for our special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion, special placefoodfunDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant provides the perfect food, service and atmosphere to make a special occasion an extraordinary experience. We come here for all of the important celebrations in our family, and have been doing so for decades.You can't go wrong with the Scottsdale Chart House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfull experience!RussDined on 8/13/2014Good food, great service, nice views couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Quality2lazy2cookDined on 8/9/2014The Chart house in Scottsdale offers a find dining experience. We go there for special occasions. The food, mood and views are outstanding especially if you can get a lakeside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningVIPDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014My first time at Chart House and will not be my last, they got my ny strip steak right the first time, medium-well, which is very hard to do at times, shrimp cocktail very good, all the staff were warm, welcoming and appreciative of my visit. Manager came by to make sure everything was right and I appreciate the effort by management. Looking forward to next visit and they have a beautiful view of lake and mountains, truly adds to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 8/9/2014Came in on the 'special'...waitress advised us that you could not order the salad bar with the special. She immediately started to upsell. Ceasear salad was extremely small and tasteless. I had my husband bring back some anchovies from the salad bar that the waitress made comment on. Prime rib was small and fatty. Charged me 5.99 for a naked baked potato. The place is in need of total rehabbing. Dark and smelly and dreary. Bar totally empty on a Saturday night. Only half the tables were occupied. Could not wait to leave . Don't go there unless you want to be overcharged for a less than satisfying meal.