Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
7255 McCormick Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (480) 951-2550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stephan Murst
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
Located in the renowned McCormick Ranch area in the heart of Scottsdale, Chart House overlooks picturesque Camelback Mountain & Camelback Lake. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wine, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)special occasion (94)romantic (81)neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Wonderful, tasty food. Great service.LeemurDined on 11/16/2014We celebrated my wife's 60th Birthday at the Chart House. Everything was wonderful and they made our evening very special. From excellent drinks and exquisite food to friendly knowledgable servers. They even customized our menus in honor of our special occasion with a Happy Birthday at the top. Very nice. The views are magnificent as well. It's a waterfront restaurant with ducks and geese gliding by all evening. Thank you Chart House for a memorable event evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantiiceveningBillHDined on 11/16/2014A favorite spot for great food, wonderful setting, excelent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatSDined on 11/15/2014A great place for steak and seafood and our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- KnucklesDined on 11/14/2014It was later seating and dining area was quiet. The Server was very nice. I did take a long time to recieve our main entree. We love the Chart House and will be back.Special Features:
- Slow serviceTfp53Dined on 11/14/2014We came early for dinner on Friday night but were seated promptly. Our server was very nice and checked on us often but the food was slow in coming all evening. I asked for no onions in my chopped salad but they were there anyway. I didn't dare send it back. No telling how long I would have to wait for a replacement. Same thing with my overcooked fish. Maybe it would be better on a slower day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and fooldSorelyDisappointedVIPDined on 11/13/2014I was not at all disappointed to dine at the Scottsdale Chart House. Had been to many other Chart House restaurants across the country, but somehow they do things better than other chain restaurants. With such a great view one may have thought that would give them excuse to not have service and food quality to match, but everything was very good. As a member of Landry's Select Club, we had personalized menus, which was a nice touch. Food pacing was very good--we'd let our server know that we had a fixed time due to another committment, and he kept things moving along well--not rushed but not late, either. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes seafood (a few meat options for those so inclined) and plan to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall........ a Great place to DineStevenDined on 11/12/2014Everything really went quite well. One thing is that after we were seated, no one came around for at least 10 minutes--I think they could not figure out who was our waiter. When we finally received one, we had another one 2 minutes after wanting to wait on us. I think they were somewhat disorganized. But it was wonderful again--the salad bar, food, drink.......we are coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 11/10/2014Salmon was dry and not enjoyable. Partner ordered prime rib and noticed it was also rather dry. This was a big disappointment for us. Had dinner there a few years ago and it was terrific.
- Good food good viewGoodfoodplusDined on 11/8/2014A throughly pleasant evening to spend with a special person or friends. One of the few places you can converse without raising your voice and still have fine choice of entrees. I travel 40 miles to go to this restaurant but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House CelebrationTequilaDined on 11/4/2014Our Daughter just finished her second go around with radiation treatment -- hopefully never again, so we celebrated with a fine dinner at the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wildbillDined on 11/2/2014Great food and surroundings.Servers are very professional. The salad bar is great.Special Features:
- food disappointiingdandyVIPDined on 11/1/2014My wife had a hi which had way too much spices and I had a shrimp and pasta which was bland..overall it was disappointing.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnercheeronVIPDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Chart House as it was quiet and the service was great! The only thing I would comment on is that the salmon was overcooked. Amanda took great care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Move over Timeshare Salesmengrocer1952Dined on 10/31/2014We expected a peaceful meal with outstanding food, Little did we know that salesmanship was the routine of the wait staff. From the $60 bottle of recommended YOU GOT TO TRY THIS Wine, to the SINGLE CRAB CAKE, tasteless, the stuffed Tilapia which was a piece undercooked almost raw (maybe sushi lovers would like this one) The sauce on the Blood Orange Salmon was ok, but fish was quite dry and tasteless. Fish seemed old.. I must say I should have stuck to my belief that good fish comes from NEAR OCEAN LOCATIONS, Monterey California, San Francisco, Boston..Special Features:
- A nice experienceBobbyDVIPDined on 10/25/2014The Chart House can be hit or miss as far as service is concerned. We had a good experience this time which is a nice plus to the good food and ambiance they provide. This place is a bit retro but they keep it up well. The only issue we had was early on in the lounge. We had to compete with a wedding party which was large and boisterous, but after they cleared out for dinner, it was very comfortable. We had a great window table and our waitress was unobtrusive but helpful.Special Features:
- azladylawDined on 10/25/2014The service was superb! The seafood fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Worth Every PennyHappyCamperDined on 10/25/2014There are cheaper seafood restaurants with great views, but none have such great food! The service was excellent, the food was perfect (best salmon ever), and the setting was romantic and calming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightKittyVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Chart House is always a delightful, 'easy' place for dinner. The prime rib is fantastic - as well as the shrimp cocktail, clam chowder and all soups actually! Ask for Ronnie or Joseph.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningBobandSharonVIPDined on 10/14/2014Went for dinner for the first time after it became a Landry's and we're very, very happy with everything. The spinach salad was outstanding. The grilled salmon and the scallops were perfect. Joe, our server was rather new he said but he must be a quick learner because his service was flawless for us. Will return again next week and hopefully do it all over again.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerfood4lifeDined on 10/13/2014We have always been very impressed with the ambiance, décor and food at the Chart House. This time, however, the service was a bit lacking. We never received the bread we asked for until we asked again, and it arrived after my husband had almost finished his salad. We didn't feel that we received the usual attention to detail (crumbing the table, refilling water glasses quickly, etc.) that we have received before. When I made the reservation I told them that we were celebrating our 30th anniversary. We are Landry's Select Club members and I expected a little something extra, like a cupcake to share or something. The note at the top of our menu was a nice touch, though.Special Features:
- great seafood!!!!NickVIPDined on 10/13/2014start out with a fantastic shrimp cocktail. cesar salad is amazing. then besides all the great seafood choices, the most incedible crabcakes you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOICUR12VIPDined on 10/12/2014The crab legs and New York were both great as usual.... The Service awesome and the view is the best thanks CHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014Lived in valley for 15 yrs havent been to Chart House in last 10. After our experience the other night we will definately put it on our list to visit more often.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary and Birthday!chef1942robearDined on 10/4/2014We had an absolutely wonderful and very tasty 45th wedding anniversary dinner and also celebrated our aunt's 91st birthday. The personalized menus were a special touch. Our waiter, Bob, was great and took fabulous care of us Just wish we had a restaurant of this type on the west side of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average FoodOrdinaryDined on 10/4/2014We were not impressed with the food. The Mahi is called Macadamia crusted but it was more soggy coated macadamia and the crab cakes were just ordinary...no special flavor no WOW on anything for the price. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things but I am in no hurry to go back.Special Features:
- Absolutely terribleSarnoldVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was the worst dining experience I've had in a really long time. I already wrote a long detailed review on yelp so I'll keep this one short. Drinks took forever (15 minutes) to come out and when they did, one was wrong. Prime Rib that was brought wasn't even close to the temperature I ordered. I ordered medium rare and received well done. Service was subpar since the server was the only one left one with several tables. Everything was just terrible that night.
- ecofoxDined on 10/3/2014I have visited the CH at San Diego too. I feel that CH house manage well. They make our special day special.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteChartHousefanDined on 9/28/2014Can't miss. Once again another great experience. Food and atmosphere are great. Fantastic view. Love the salad bar. I'll be back.Special Features:
- reliably good food and serviceblondie98Dined on 9/28/2014Besides the very good prime rib and chicken marsala, the soup and the excellent mud pie and creme brulee were excellent choices for their restaurant week menu. We had a lovely window view out over the lake with the lights twinkling, adding to the feeling of a special occasion. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent view and good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Had an excellent table and excellent server, Michael. Michael was spot on with recommendations. Wine choice was delicate yet fruity. Clam chowder make us wanting for more. Chicken Marsala tasty. Would have liked more sauce and mushrooms but there was plenty on the plate. Dessert very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic View, great service,Bill336Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I visit the Chart House in Scottsdale 4-6 times a year. We live in Sedona, Arizona, but spend a few long weekends in Scottsdale The Chart House is always on our list of restaurants to visit. The view is always fantastic. The staff is courteous and friendly. The service is great. The food is very good. We think it is a wonderful way to spend an evening.Special Features:
- Great food!luv2bnazDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my husbands 85th birthday in style with a window seat, a very attentive waiter and the BEST Prime Rib we ever had. Thanks again for a most enjoyable birthday. Hope to be back for his 86th.Special Features:
- Special Dinner BummerAZHD26Dined on 9/27/2014This was not our first visit, but will be the last, at least for awhile. We were wanting something different this time (we normally select seafood) and the menu they offered due to Restaurant Week was quite appealing. Once we chose to order off this menu however, the waiter basically dismissed us as not even being there. I spoke with a manager this week and although he apologized for the poor service, the only other thing he offered was to put a note in our record to never seat us in this waiters section again. Really? That's it? If there is a next time, I think we'll sit in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent.verybellaDined on 9/26/2014We went here for restaurant week. Our server was great, he was very helpful and entertaining, we really liked him. Unfortunately their AC was broken when we were there so it was miserably hot. We were both sweating through our clothes and uncomfortable the whole time. We had a great table that was in the corner overlooking the lake, the view was gorgeous. Being surrounded by windows, made our date night awkward as we could hear the two other groups sitting in the same room as us very loudly and echo-y. One was going over the details of his nasty divorce and custody battle and the other was a table of two couples that were loud and a little vulgar at times. We both just wanted to hurry up and leave due to the heat and noise.Special Features:
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent. Kevin was our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night CouplePaulDined on 9/26/2014Great food. Great service, and got to love the view.. I do think management is a little sleep at the switch the CEO is worried about new carpet, wood etc. but the air conditioning was out. This is Az folks, the little things matterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week diningBradsviewDined on 9/25/2014A very poor experience! The food was fair at best! My prime rib was about 1/8 inch thick. The service was poor and I was asked to buy a restaurant card by the waiter. We waited about 20 minutes for our last course!
- Bad service - ruined birthdayalbertVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have dined at many Chart House restaurants across the country and they were all consistently good in regards to location, ambiance, food, and service. Unfortunately, this was not the birthday experience I had hoped for with my family. The hostess made us wait over 25 minutes for a reservation (Landrys VIP) even though the restaurant was empty. She was very unprofessional and didn't have a care in the world for me or the other groups waiting. The main server attempted to do a better job but I could easily overhear hear and other waiters and staff complaining about the customers near the salad area. Again, extremely unprofessional. I have always had great experiences at Chart House but this was a major let down esp on a day of celebrationSpecial Features:
- delicious food,great servicehonestreviewDined on 9/23/2014My first visit to chart house, recommended by my sister. I had the seafood grill and my daughter had the seared scampi. Both were delicious. Our server anticipayed our every need. We also had the molten lava cake for dessert. It was very good. My only tiny suggestion would be to offer the dessert menu to look at before the lava cake is offered. While it was nice to know that the cake would take 40 minutes to prepare so we ordered it before we received our dinner, we did not see what else may have been available. I will definitely return. A beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicer Joe he was perfectSandyDined on 9/23/2014We had a server name Joe and he was fabulous we loved it we want for her birthday was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.