Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
7255 McCormick Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4809512550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Greg Harton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
Located in the renowned McCormick Ranch area in the heart of Scottsdale, Chart House overlooks picturesque Camelback Mountain & Camelback Lake. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wine, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (104)special occasion (79)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (24)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was not busy yet service was so slow. Our waiter just stood there looking around and every course took forever. Then we were overcharge for the glass of wine. The food was okay, not great but the waiting time was just horrendous. Sorry but we will not be visiting Chart House again.
- Restaurant Week: Big MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Had a reservation but had to wait---even with many empty tables. Kept going downhill from there. Service was robotic and slow. When food finally came it was over cooked and dry---too long under the heat lamp. Didn't have a chance to say anything as waiter only came back with the check. When ordering our RW Prefix we told him we would be taking our desserts to go. He never brought them and when we did finally get the check, with nothing having been cleared from the table, we just wanted out of there. Will not be returning or recommending.
- Chart House ReviewEddieDined on 9/20/2014Revisited The Chart House during restaurant Week. I was very pleased with the Prime Rib. The Chicken Marsala was also very good. The miniMud Pie was just right .Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My date & I were very disappointed. We ordered our food from the restaurant week menu. The entree came before the salad & soup. the waiter left the entrees on the table for a good 5 minutes before returning to tell us they were for another table. When the starters finally were delivered my date's clam chowder didn't have many clams in it. 2 glasses of wind for $18.00. My 2nd glass of wine wasn't even 1/2 filled. We were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food wasn't anything special at all. Won't be back.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Went to Chart House for our wedding reception. The service was good, waiters were friendly, view was great, and food was very tasty. No criticisms. Would recommend Chart House to anyone looking for a special occasion kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Exceptional AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The salad Bar is a culinary delight. The menu selection of seafood is diverse paired with a variety of classic selections, appetizers and sides. The lake views are relaxing and the staff are quietly attentive, never letting the guests feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was uninformedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014They treated my husband and I as if we were poor slobs we were snubbed by GM and head chef who went to every other table to meet and greet guests I will never go back this was our 6th time at Chart house we can afford to dine where ever we choose and to be treated like trash no thank you we shall continue to dine at wrights at the Biltmore and leave Chart house off our listSpecial Features:
- azresidentazresidentDined on 9/14/2014The food is good. Views of the water, lake, mountains and sunset are memorable. Chart House on McCormick Parkway has been a favorite of our family for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AZ53Dined on 9/9/2014Lovely lake view...so peaceful. Our waiter was very attentive and our food was very good! My seafood mixed plate was delicious...the salmon and shrimp were moist and flavorful but my favorite was the crab cake...outstanding! So nice to know that we'll always receive great service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyeatingoutDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful restaurant, superb service, wonderful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectHappy2goDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our evening. Service was wonderful. We had a great table, nice view. We went there to have seafood. As former New Englanders, we are always on the lookout for great seafood - hard to find in Arizona! We loved the selections available but have just one suggestion - don't overcook the fish! The crab in the crab cakes was wonderful but we also had halibut that was bone dry. Had they taken it off the flame just a minute or two sooner, it would have been so much better. Other than that we greatly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Really enjoyed the food and the seating at the window overlooking the lake. The only negative was a sales pitch by the server regarding the frequent customer program of the Landry's restaurant chain. Leave that piece out and it was a perfect evening.
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always, The Chart House is great! The prime rib is outstanding! The shrimp cocktail and soups are all fabulous!Special Features:
- Great service and wonderful viewbirthdayDined on 8/25/2014we started in the bar and if we were not going to dinner they had a wonderful happy hour bar menu. Our server Kevin was wonderful, as a matter of fact everyone was wonderful and friendly. My food was not very good but they took it back and re cooked it and it was fabulous. The manager can by and was very kind. We love this restaurant and will surely be back even though it takes us an hr. to drive there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Great service. Friendly attentive staff. Awesome food. Darren was a wonderful server even to people that lost track of time. Thanks for a very special eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseTerrDined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I dined at this always good restaurant on Saturday evening. The salad bar was as delicious and fresh as always. It can't be beat! Our waiter was very efficient and cordial. We remarked as to how beautiful the setting is at this restaurant. We could actually talk to each other in a low voice without T.V.'s blaring in the background. This restaurant is a gem!!!Special Features:
- Superb RestaurantBillHDined on 8/23/2014As always when we dine at Chart House the food selection and food itself were great. The service from entry to end was friendly and professional. The ambiance is superb. A beautiful, romantic evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okMssybrittyVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was just ok for me. The waiter seemed very nervous, he disappeared for about 10 minutes and we had to ask another server for our friends drink that we were waiting for. The lobster bisque was just ok, I've had much better. I had the ahi tuna, I had much better than this also. For being known for their seafood, not soo much. I would not go back unfortunately. Just wasn't somewhere that pops out for us.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAZRODined on 8/17/2014I have been to the Chart House many times, most for special occasions. The experience has always been good and the food delicious. A nice touch is the menu printed especially for the occasion. Thanks to all for making us feel welcome. AZROSpecial Features:
- Always DelightfulClaireLuminousVIPDined on 8/17/2014We love to dine at the Chart House because of its tranquil, beautiful setting, the superb service, and the the always wonderful food.Special Features:
- Good, But Not GreatAletheaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Thought that I would try this restaurant location a second time. Food was okay, but not great, especially for the price. I'll stick with Mastro's Ocean Club from now on. Also, took a look at the salad bar, but decided against it, as it was not re-stocked or freshened adequately. My later reservation at 8:00 p.m. should not have been an issue regarding this, but I think it was. The wine selection is wonderful however. Many good choices to choose from.Special Features:
- Past its prime, ruined by a chainRJ7277Dined on 8/16/2014Hard upsell and low-end restaurant level servers create a real disconnect with the attempt at remaining a fine dining restaurant - and ridiculously high prices for what they deliver. Went for a special occasion and really a disappointment. Would be great if a nice local restaurant or chain took over this beautiful location.
- Perfect choiceLuv2dineDined on 8/16/2014We selected Chart House for a family birthday dinner and they did not disappoint. Our group had vegans, vegetarians, non seafood eaters and children but the salad bar and varied menu accommodated everyone. They even printed a personalized birthday greeting at the top of the menu. Although the food itself is good but not great, this was the perfect place for our special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion, special placefoodfunDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant provides the perfect food, service and atmosphere to make a special occasion an extraordinary experience. We come here for all of the important celebrations in our family, and have been doing so for decades.You can't go wrong with the Scottsdale Chart House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfull experience!RussDined on 8/13/2014Good food, great service, nice views couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House Quality2lazy2cookDined on 8/9/2014The Chart house in Scottsdale offers a find dining experience. We go there for special occasions. The food, mood and views are outstanding especially if you can get a lakeside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningVIPDinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014My first time at Chart House and will not be my last, they got my ny strip steak right the first time, medium-well, which is very hard to do at times, shrimp cocktail very good, all the staff were warm, welcoming and appreciative of my visit. Manager came by to make sure everything was right and I appreciate the effort by management. Looking forward to next visit and they have a beautiful view of lake and mountains, truly adds to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 8/9/2014Came in on the 'special'...waitress advised us that you could not order the salad bar with the special. She immediately started to upsell. Ceasear salad was extremely small and tasteless. I had my husband bring back some anchovies from the salad bar that the waitress made comment on. Prime rib was small and fatty. Charged me 5.99 for a naked baked potato. The place is in need of total rehabbing. Dark and smelly and dreary. Bar totally empty on a Saturday night. Only half the tables were occupied. Could not wait to leave . Don't go there unless you want to be overcharged for a less than satisfying meal.
- Serene DiningEyesonDined on 8/9/2014I asked for the best table with best view & then realized there are very few good tables. Wonderful view & great food.Special Features:
- Chart House DinnerGoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Went to the Chart House for their $30 special that included soup or salad, entree and dessert. I have been there many times before and it's always a great experience. This was no exception. The portions for the special are smaller than from the regular menu. But, this is fine. They are still decent sized. The tilapia was moist and tasty. And, the mudd pie was just the right size. The mango mojito was very good too. Service there is always excellent and the manager came over to make sure we were enjoying our meal. We had a table looking out over the lake and got to see the sunset.Special Features:
- Really Like This Place...FromTheTundraDined on 8/5/2014Wish they would have kept the teryaki tendorloin medallians on the menu, but understand things need to change. The steak I ordered this time was not up to the standard I usually find from the restaurant, but okay. I realize the chef cannot always see when a piece of meat has grizzle. Service was again wonderful, and the wine really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent meal, service and setting. We had early dinner because of theater tickets. Staff were very acomodating, friendly, and well trained. Look forward to our next visit. Names on the menus for Landry members was a nice touch.Special Features:
- jimboDined on 7/26/2014Been dining there for long time in my travels, great restaurant and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 7/26/2014A great place for a romantic dinner and a nice view, if you can get a window table.Special Features:
- Decent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The service was great. Very friendly and welcoming staff. On our visit the restaurant was not crowded at all. The problem was that all the customers were seated in one area of the restaurant by the window so everyone had a nice view. It was pretty loud and we felt crammed being do close to other tables of guests when the restaurant was mostly empty. It would have been nice to at least be a couple tables away from others. The food was just okay. Don't get me wrong, it was good but I feel I could have gotten just as good a meal at a chain restaurant for half the price. The desert was excellent and again the staff was great.Special Features:
- Chart House QualityOTFansVIPDined on 7/24/2014We do like the Chart House Restaurants. This one was not as nice as Vegas, but still it was excellent.Special Features:
- AverageATXhotelguyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was quite average for the price paid. For a bit more go to Ocean Club, and it is that much better all the way around.Special Features:
- Great seafood with a beautiful viewchucklesmdDined on 7/18/2014The East meets West appetizer was delicious, and my Mahi with peanut sauce was fantastic. Very impressed with the service.Special Features:
- My First Time In ScottsdaleAletheaVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was my first time dining at the Scottsdale, Arizona location. I have eaten at other Chart House locations in other states. I truly enjoyed the layout of the restaurant and the great views. The ambience is also very nice indoors as well. I enjoyed my Clam Chowder, and Tilapia stuffed with Crabmeat. My out of town guest also enjoyed the same meal, but raved about the Lobster Bisque. I will be back to enjoy the vibrant "Happy Hour" bar scene next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.