Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
7255 McCormick Parkway
Scottsdale, AZ 85258Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 4809512550x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Stephan Murst
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale
Located in the renowned McCormick Ranch area in the heart of Scottsdale, Chart House overlooks picturesque Camelback Mountain & Camelback Lake. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wine, & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Chart House Restaurant - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (108)special occasion (82)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (28)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a DelightKittyVIPDined on 10/17/2014The Chart House is always a delightful, 'easy' place for dinner. The prime rib is fantastic - as well as the shrimp cocktail, clam chowder and all soups actually! Ask for Ronnie or Joseph.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/14/2014Went for dinner for the first time after it became a Landry's and we're very, very happy with everything. The spinach salad was outstanding. The grilled salmon and the scallops were perfect. Joe, our server was rather new he said but he must be a quick learner because his service was flawless for us. Will return again next week and hopefully do it all over again.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerfood4lifeDined on 10/13/2014We have always been very impressed with the ambiance, décor and food at the Chart House. This time, however, the service was a bit lacking. We never received the bread we asked for until we asked again, and it arrived after my husband had almost finished his salad. We didn't feel that we received the usual attention to detail (crumbing the table, refilling water glasses quickly, etc.) that we have received before. When I made the reservation I told them that we were celebrating our 30th anniversary. We are Landry's Select Club members and I expected a little something extra, like a cupcake to share or something. The note at the top of our menu was a nice touch, though.Special Features:
- great seafood!!!!NickVIPDined on 10/13/2014start out with a fantastic shrimp cocktail. cesar salad is amazing. then besides all the great seafood choices, the most incedible crabcakes you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOICUR12VIPDined on 10/12/2014The crab legs and New York were both great as usual.... The Service awesome and the view is the best thanks CHSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014Lived in valley for 15 yrs havent been to Chart House in last 10. After our experience the other night we will definately put it on our list to visit more often.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary and Birthday!chef1942robearDined on 10/4/2014We had an absolutely wonderful and very tasty 45th wedding anniversary dinner and also celebrated our aunt's 91st birthday. The personalized menus were a special touch. Our waiter, Bob, was great and took fabulous care of us Just wish we had a restaurant of this type on the west side of town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average FoodOrdinaryDined on 10/4/2014We were not impressed with the food. The Mahi is called Macadamia crusted but it was more soggy coated macadamia and the crab cakes were just ordinary...no special flavor no WOW on anything for the price. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things but I am in no hurry to go back.Special Features:
- Absolutely terribleSarnoldVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was the worst dining experience I've had in a really long time. I already wrote a long detailed review on yelp so I'll keep this one short. Drinks took forever (15 minutes) to come out and when they did, one was wrong. Prime Rib that was brought wasn't even close to the temperature I ordered. I ordered medium rare and received well done. Service was subpar since the server was the only one left one with several tables. Everything was just terrible that night.
- ecofoxDined on 10/3/2014I have visited the CH at San Diego too. I feel that CH house manage well. They make our special day special.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteChartHousefanDined on 9/28/2014Can't miss. Once again another great experience. Food and atmosphere are great. Fantastic view. Love the salad bar. I'll be back.Special Features:
- reliably good food and serviceblondie98Dined on 9/28/2014Besides the very good prime rib and chicken marsala, the soup and the excellent mud pie and creme brulee were excellent choices for their restaurant week menu. We had a lovely window view out over the lake with the lights twinkling, adding to the feeling of a special occasion. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent view and good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Had an excellent table and excellent server, Michael. Michael was spot on with recommendations. Wine choice was delicate yet fruity. Clam chowder make us wanting for more. Chicken Marsala tasty. Would have liked more sauce and mushrooms but there was plenty on the plate. Dessert very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic View, great service,Bill336Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I visit the Chart House in Scottsdale 4-6 times a year. We live in Sedona, Arizona, but spend a few long weekends in Scottsdale The Chart House is always on our list of restaurants to visit. The view is always fantastic. The staff is courteous and friendly. The service is great. The food is very good. We think it is a wonderful way to spend an evening.Special Features:
- Great food!luv2bnazDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my husbands 85th birthday in style with a window seat, a very attentive waiter and the BEST Prime Rib we ever had. Thanks again for a most enjoyable birthday. Hope to be back for his 86th.Special Features:
- Special Dinner BummerAZHD26Dined on 9/27/2014This was not our first visit, but will be the last, at least for awhile. We were wanting something different this time (we normally select seafood) and the menu they offered due to Restaurant Week was quite appealing. Once we chose to order off this menu however, the waiter basically dismissed us as not even being there. I spoke with a manager this week and although he apologized for the poor service, the only other thing he offered was to put a note in our record to never seat us in this waiters section again. Really? That's it? If there is a next time, I think we'll sit in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent.verybellaDined on 9/26/2014We went here for restaurant week. Our server was great, he was very helpful and entertaining, we really liked him. Unfortunately their AC was broken when we were there so it was miserably hot. We were both sweating through our clothes and uncomfortable the whole time. We had a great table that was in the corner overlooking the lake, the view was gorgeous. Being surrounded by windows, made our date night awkward as we could hear the two other groups sitting in the same room as us very loudly and echo-y. One was going over the details of his nasty divorce and custody battle and the other was a table of two couples that were loud and a little vulgar at times. We both just wanted to hurry up and leave due to the heat and noise.Special Features:
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent. Kevin was our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night CouplePaulDined on 9/26/2014Great food. Great service, and got to love the view.. I do think management is a little sleep at the switch the CEO is worried about new carpet, wood etc. but the air conditioning was out. This is Az folks, the little things matterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week diningBradsviewDined on 9/25/2014A very poor experience! The food was fair at best! My prime rib was about 1/8 inch thick. The service was poor and I was asked to buy a restaurant card by the waiter. We waited about 20 minutes for our last course!
- Bad service - ruined birthdayalbertVIPDined on 9/24/2014I have dined at many Chart House restaurants across the country and they were all consistently good in regards to location, ambiance, food, and service. Unfortunately, this was not the birthday experience I had hoped for with my family. The hostess made us wait over 25 minutes for a reservation (Landrys VIP) even though the restaurant was empty. She was very unprofessional and didn't have a care in the world for me or the other groups waiting. The main server attempted to do a better job but I could easily overhear hear and other waiters and staff complaining about the customers near the salad area. Again, extremely unprofessional. I have always had great experiences at Chart House but this was a major let down esp on a day of celebrationSpecial Features:
- delicious food,great servicehonestreviewDined on 9/23/2014My first visit to chart house, recommended by my sister. I had the seafood grill and my daughter had the seared scampi. Both were delicious. Our server anticipayed our every need. We also had the molten lava cake for dessert. It was very good. My only tiny suggestion would be to offer the dessert menu to look at before the lava cake is offered. While it was nice to know that the cake would take 40 minutes to prepare so we ordered it before we received our dinner, we did not see what else may have been available. I will definitely return. A beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicer Joe he was perfectSandyDined on 9/23/2014We had a server name Joe and he was fabulous we loved it we want for her birthday was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner I've ever had!!!HarrysdadDined on 9/23/2014We had dinner on Tuesday night at the Chart House and had a fabulous dinner. The shrimp with macadamia nuts and mango sauce was out of this world. Dessert was fabulous as well. Highly recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and ViewKittyVIPDined on 9/21/2014The Food, especially the prime rib, oddly enough! - is fabulous! The clam chowder and gazpacchio are outstanding as well. Ask for Ronnie - he is the best!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was not busy yet service was so slow. Our waiter just stood there looking around and every course took forever. Then we were overcharge for the glass of wine. The food was okay, not great but the waiting time was just horrendous. Sorry but we will not be visiting Chart House again.
- Restaurant Week: Big MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Had a reservation but had to wait---even with many empty tables. Kept going downhill from there. Service was robotic and slow. When food finally came it was over cooked and dry---too long under the heat lamp. Didn't have a chance to say anything as waiter only came back with the check. When ordering our RW Prefix we told him we would be taking our desserts to go. He never brought them and when we did finally get the check, with nothing having been cleared from the table, we just wanted out of there. Will not be returning or recommending.
- Chart House ReviewEddieDined on 9/20/2014Revisited The Chart House during restaurant Week. I was very pleased with the Prime Rib. The Chicken Marsala was also very good. The miniMud Pie was just right .Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekJoannieODined on 9/20/2014My date & I were very disappointed. We ordered our food from the restaurant week menu. The entree came before the salad & soup. the waiter left the entrees on the table for a good 5 minutes before returning to tell us they were for another table. When the starters finally were delivered my date's clam chowder didn't have many clams in it. 2 glasses of wind for $18.00. My 2nd glass of wine wasn't even 1/2 filled. We were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food wasn't anything special at all. Won't be back.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Went to Chart House for our wedding reception. The service was good, waiters were friendly, view was great, and food was very tasty. No criticisms. Would recommend Chart House to anyone looking for a special occasion kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewmkdiningDined on 9/19/2014We had a great table at the windows with a wonderful view of the lake! The prime rib and the creme brulee were fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Exceptional AmbiancegranygormetDined on 9/18/2014The salad Bar is a culinary delight. The menu selection of seafood is diverse paired with a variety of classic selections, appetizers and sides. The lake views are relaxing and the staff are quietly attentive, never letting the guests feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was uninformedMbmotorsazDined on 9/17/2014They treated my husband and I as if we were poor slobs we were snubbed by GM and head chef who went to every other table to meet and greet guests I will never go back this was our 6th time at Chart house we can afford to dine where ever we choose and to be treated like trash no thank you we shall continue to dine at wrights at the Biltmore and leave Chart house off our listSpecial Features:
- azresidentazresidentDined on 9/14/2014The food is good. Views of the water, lake, mountains and sunset are memorable. Chart House on McCormick Parkway has been a favorite of our family for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!AZ53Dined on 9/9/2014Lovely lake view...so peaceful. Our waiter was very attentive and our food was very good! My seafood mixed plate was delicious...the salmon and shrimp were moist and flavorful but my favorite was the crab cake...outstanding! So nice to know that we'll always receive great service and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyeatingoutDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful restaurant, superb service, wonderful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectHappy2goDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our evening. Service was wonderful. We had a great table, nice view. We went there to have seafood. As former New Englanders, we are always on the lookout for great seafood - hard to find in Arizona! We loved the selections available but have just one suggestion - don't overcook the fish! The crab in the crab cakes was wonderful but we also had halibut that was bone dry. Had they taken it off the flame just a minute or two sooner, it would have been so much better. Other than that we greatly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Really enjoyed the food and the seating at the window overlooking the lake. The only negative was a sales pitch by the server regarding the frequent customer program of the Landry's restaurant chain. Leave that piece out and it was a perfect evening.
- WonderfulKittyVIPDined on 8/30/2014As always, The Chart House is great! The prime rib is outstanding! The shrimp cocktail and soups are all fabulous!Special Features: