Chart House Restaurant - Savannah
202 West Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Savannah
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9122346686x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 9pm, Friday 5pm,-10pm; - Saturday: 3pm - 10pm. Sunday 3:pm - 9pm; Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-3pm. Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rob Britton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room that can accommodate up to 60 guests. Semi-private floor that can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Monique Hill 9122346686x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Savannah
Located across the street from the Savannah River in the historic downtown district, Chart House is situated in the oldest masonry building in the state of Georgia. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Pan Seared Scallops and New Wave Surf & Turf. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Lowcountry fare is also featured on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chart House Restaurant - Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Chart House Restaurant - Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (63)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (27)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great eveningThomas2246Dined on 10/22/2014Came here for my wife's birthday. Weather was perfect so we dined outside and watched the sun set as we enjoyed a glass of wine. The food and the service were wonderful and I'm sure we'll be returning very soon. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Always!FoodEDined on 10/11/2014I love the Chart House! I had the scallops and my mother had the grilled seafood dish! They were both AWESOME! We asked for and received a window seat! I have never been disappointed with this place and go whenever I have a chance!Special Features:
- It was OKDisappointedDined on 10/10/2014We chose the restaurant for the view and the view from the patio was very nice. We thought the food was good but a bit overpriced compared to other restaurants in the area. We felt pressured to make our menu choices and the table was cleared before one of our party was finished. One of our appetizers was massive and better for sharing. Cannot comment on desert. As for a recommendation, the view was nice.Special Features:
- May have been what I orderedJL123Dined on 10/5/2014I was disappointed with the chart house experience. Years ago, I used to frequent the chart house in ny and it had a great location on the Hudson River. The ambiance was brighter and cheerful with a gorgeous view. I remember the food being better too. While the design of the savannah restaurant was beautiful and interesting, the night time view was boring and the food seemed overly buttery (tilapia and chowder). The restaurant was also on the dark side, but didnt feel romantic. Maybe I'm being unfair because I'm comparing this to a chart house that shut down and was so different. Also, I may have ordered the "wrong" dish for me, so I would still recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40 / 641majormealDined on 10/4/2014My wife and celebrated our 40th Anniversary on August 3rd and she celebrated her 64th birthday in ambiance suitable for the occasion. I had been to the restaurant many years ago and always remembered the experience. We live in Summerville, SC (By way of Philadelphia, PA) and drove in from Summerville for the late (dare I say romantic) dinner. I was really trying to show her a place where I knew she would have a good time. You guys presented her (and me) with the "Wow" factor. She was blown away (not an easy task). incidentally, there were not enough stars to express how delicious the dinners were. kudos to the staff for an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- walked out before we ateQuincyDined on 10/4/2014We made a reservation, arrived a few minutes early and were seated within 5 minutes. All good. We were seated at our table and that was it. There were three waitresses in our immediate area, none of them brought water, bread, even acknowledged us in ay way at all. After 15 minutes we left. I do not know what the food is like since we never got to try it. We went down the street to Moon River Brewing, were the service was very good and so was the food.
- steaksavfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Ok but not great. Steak had little flavor. Not as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!kpf5678Dined on 9/28/2014We had a birthday dinner for my wife while we were visiting Savannah. We had a great meal and terrific service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special occasionNewlywedsDined on 9/26/2014My new husband and I came to Chart House for dinner on our wedding night. The staff took extra care of us to make sure we had the best night we could ever dream of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion FavoriteBCTNDined on 9/25/2014Always dine here for special occasions. I'm a carnivore...Callahan cut prime rib is the best. Large seafood selection prepared many ways. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- great view- slow serviceFood4thoughtDined on 9/21/2014Both the steak & prime rib were great! The loaded potato was amazing as well! Our server was very attentive, our food just took awhile to come out. I'd definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ran out of steakmelanie57Dined on 9/18/2014ordered a strip steak. was disappointed that they were out. ordered prime rib medium rare instead. came out rare. so all in all was not happy with the dinner. on the other hand my husband had salmon which he said was perfectSpecial Features:
- Great food great serviceCHhoppersDined on 9/15/2014We are never disappointed with a Chart House. Food was wonderful. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoomerBoomerDined on 9/15/2014Always good food and service. Excellant atmosphere. Parking a challenge, leave extra time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 9/12/2014My husband love his trio of soups and crab cakes. I thought my she crab soup was too spicy and I didn't really like my snapper Hemingway, so would order differently next time. The view was lovely, and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewklbp7609Dined on 9/9/2014Sat outside, beautiful night, great food, no complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedClassyVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have dined at this restaurant many times over the last 10 years and for whatever reason this evening was a failure in all categories for me and my three guests. Normally when I do a review for Open Table I am able to find at least one category that has some merit but on this night there were none.
- Well Done Chart House !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Surprised my wife for our 5th anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted by name. We even received personalized menus. My wife was floored. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely go back. Thank You Chart House for making our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Our waitress was phenomenal, and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricy, but a great experienceDollarbillDined on 9/4/2014A very enjoyable dining experience on all levels. The atmosphere is laid back and comfortable, our service was excellent, the entire staff pleasant and accommodating, and although a bit on the pricy side, was delicious, beautifully prepared and presented. Overall we had a very, very nice experience at CH. BTW - their chocolate molten-style cake dessert alone may be worth whatever the cost!!! Amazing. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedCal4dineDined on 9/1/2014The server was excellent.Brittany knew the menu & was friendly.She offered an apology for the bartender not knowing how to prepare a Kir Royale. Food was good but not great.View of the waterfront was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Ambiance-Great ServiceNadyladyDined on 8/30/2014The view of the Savannah River and the Talmadge Bridge is wonderful. We sat outdoors and our waiter was wonderful. I have had better food at the Chart House in previous visits. We had appetizers, wine, meal and dessert. The calamari & friends was very good, the wine was pretty good as well, the key lime pie was the best ever; however, the shrimp served was small (unlike my other visits) and the roasted vegetables were soggy and tasted spoiled. I could not eat them. My date enjoyed his fish but was not told it was going to be blacken (not on the menu and the waiter did not ask if he wanted it blacken). I usually go to the Chart House whenever I am in Savannah but will look for another fine dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereHawkmanDined on 8/28/2014Very friendly and great service. While it was an expensive restaurant it offered a lot of choices ways to stretch how you used your money. The only real gripe I had was that I was not expecting my shrimp to be so heavily fried. We dined outside on a Thursday so it wasn't that busy. There was a large crowd at the bar when we'd arrived, but that didn't affect the promptness of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went to lunch for our anniversary. We were extremely excited about trying out this restaurant and ended up walking out extremely disappointed. The hostess was rude. The server was rude. I would give his name but he never introduced himself. The atmosphere just isn't friendly. Then we paid with two $25 gift cards. Our tab was only $35 and even though the server didn't deserve a penny as a tip, I gave him both gift cards and told him to keep the remaining $15. He chased us out of the restaurant saying one of the gift cards didn't work. After coming in and waiting for them to type it in, instead of apologizing, he walked over and told us we could leave. I will never return or recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent but not over-the-topDJDinersDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful meal and good service. Just didn't get that over-the-top experience we were expecting. It was our 45th wedding anniversary and I choose the CH because it has, in the past, provided that type of experience. All in all, it was a very nice evening and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great NightPapaDined on 8/17/2014As a former owner of 2 restaurants in California, and having had a waitstaff of 64, I can't tell you how impressed I was with the caring, and knowledge of our waitress. She helped to complete a wonderfully prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceStallion19Dined on 8/15/2014Our server Megan? very attentive, hometown girl with a pleasant attitude. Knowledge of Savannah, places to go and things to see. She is an asset to the Chart House. Fried green tomatoes, yes they are fantastic.Special Features:
- Mary POpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent dinner. Tried new dishes this time and they were excellent. Highly recommend the Miso glazed salmon with green beans and the fried green tomatoes. The Chart House Savannah is a must when we are traveling down South.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 8/3/2014Great food and great views of the Savannah River. My wife and I have dined here several times and the food has been consistently great. Nice menu with a wide variety of choices. Prices are at the high-end, but it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time here!LovingoodDined on 8/2/2014We only had one night in Savannah and we chose Chart House! E had a great time! They have excellent drinks and the food is amazing! Our server Stacy was as good as it gets! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River view fun!BigoeatsDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was great! A gem and best food on river! I travel a great deal and landry's select club makes it a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JImmyJimmyDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten a many Chart Houses all over the country, so we expected great food. However, this food exceeded our expectations. It was the best food we have had in Savannah including many top rated restaurants. I had the prime rib and my wife enjoyed the trout. Bith were fabulous! My only complaint is the steep stairs. We are elderly. The next time I will make reservation and ask to be seated on the main level. They do have a handicapped entrance.Special Features:
- hughacDined on 7/31/2014Food, service and atmosphere were all very good. Waitress did an excellent job of pacing courses. Tables are a little too close together to be considered "ROMANTIC", as is noise level.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodismylifeDined on 7/31/2014Chart house has been in my list to try and was recommended, I found the food to be just okay. Was not overly impressed especially for what they chargeSpecial Features:
- Great place!SD75Dined on 7/30/2014Service and food were great. Outside dining had a terrific view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Atmosphere is calm and food is delicious. Mixture of locals and tourists. The steak is always prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravisSADined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening celebrating a special occasion. From the moment we stepped in the door, the service was attentive. Our server, Elizabeth, was unobtrusive but readily available - such a gem! We were certainly impressed by the extensive wine list and settled for an excellent Australian red. Both the appetizers and the entrees that we ordered were out of this world delicious. However, we would have preferred to have a break between courses. Perhaps the answer to this would be to only order the entree once one is finished with the appetizer? After such a magnificent meal we didn't have room for dessert. All in all an excellent restaurant and to which we shall definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurantVanessaVIPDined on 7/27/2014Another great visit. Great food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- Six year anniversary. .InfiniteLoversDined on 7/26/2014It was soooo beautiful! I was greated by Tikka(sp), who surprisingly knew my name, was a really kind young lady(thanks to my sweetie for setting it up)! The food was outstanding! Service.. excellent! It was a wonderful anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AriellaDined on 7/26/2014A wonderful restaurant in every way. The broiled shrimp was fresh and cooked to perfection. Recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.