Chart House Restaurant - Savannah
202 West Bay Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Savannah
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 9122346686x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 9pm, Friday 5pm,-10pm; - Saturday: 3pm - 10pm. Sunday 3:pm - 9pm; Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-3pm. Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rob Britton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room that can accommodate up to 60 guests. Semi-private floor that can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Monique Hill 9122346686x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Savannah
Located across the street from the Savannah River in the historic downtown district, Chart House is situated in the oldest masonry building in the state of Georgia. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Pan Seared Scallops and New Wave Surf & Turf. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Lowcountry fare is also featured on our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Chart House Restaurant - Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)special occasion (69)romantic (56)great for outdoor dining (45)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (30)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We are never disappointed with a Chart House. Food was wonderful. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoomerBoomerDined on 9/15/2014Always good food and service. Excellant atmosphere. Parking a challenge, leave extra time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyVIPDined on 9/12/2014My husband love his trio of soups and crab cakes. I thought my she crab soup was too spicy and I didn't really like my snapper Hemingway, so would order differently next time. The view was lovely, and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewklbp7609Dined on 9/9/2014Sat outside, beautiful night, great food, no complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedClassyVIPDined on 9/8/2014We have dined at this restaurant many times over the last 10 years and for whatever reason this evening was a failure in all categories for me and my three guests. Normally when I do a review for Open Table I am able to find at least one category that has some merit but on this night there were none.
- Well Done Chart House !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Surprised my wife for our 5th anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted by name. We even received personalized menus. My wife was floored. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely go back. Thank You Chart House for making our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Our waitress was phenomenal, and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricy, but a great experienceDollarbillDined on 9/4/2014A very enjoyable dining experience on all levels. The atmosphere is laid back and comfortable, our service was excellent, the entire staff pleasant and accommodating, and although a bit on the pricy side, was delicious, beautifully prepared and presented. Overall we had a very, very nice experience at CH. BTW - their chocolate molten-style cake dessert alone may be worth whatever the cost!!! Amazing. Overall a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedCal4dineDined on 9/1/2014The server was excellent.Brittany knew the menu & was friendly.She offered an apology for the bartender not knowing how to prepare a Kir Royale. Food was good but not great.View of the waterfront was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Ambiance-Great ServiceNadyladyDined on 8/30/2014The view of the Savannah River and the Talmadge Bridge is wonderful. We sat outdoors and our waiter was wonderful. I have had better food at the Chart House in previous visits. We had appetizers, wine, meal and dessert. The calamari & friends was very good, the wine was pretty good as well, the key lime pie was the best ever; however, the shrimp served was small (unlike my other visits) and the roasted vegetables were soggy and tasted spoiled. I could not eat them. My date enjoyed his fish but was not told it was going to be blacken (not on the menu and the waiter did not ask if he wanted it blacken). I usually go to the Chart House whenever I am in Savannah but will look for another fine dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereHawkmanDined on 8/28/2014Very friendly and great service. While it was an expensive restaurant it offered a lot of choices ways to stretch how you used your money. The only real gripe I had was that I was not expecting my shrimp to be so heavily fried. We dined outside on a Thursday so it wasn't that busy. There was a large crowd at the bar when we'd arrived, but that didn't affect the promptness of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went to lunch for our anniversary. We were extremely excited about trying out this restaurant and ended up walking out extremely disappointed. The hostess was rude. The server was rude. I would give his name but he never introduced himself. The atmosphere just isn't friendly. Then we paid with two $25 gift cards. Our tab was only $35 and even though the server didn't deserve a penny as a tip, I gave him both gift cards and told him to keep the remaining $15. He chased us out of the restaurant saying one of the gift cards didn't work. After coming in and waiting for them to type it in, instead of apologizing, he walked over and told us we could leave. I will never return or recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent but not over-the-topDJDinersDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful meal and good service. Just didn't get that over-the-top experience we were expecting. It was our 45th wedding anniversary and I choose the CH because it has, in the past, provided that type of experience. All in all, it was a very nice evening and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great NightPapaDined on 8/17/2014As a former owner of 2 restaurants in California, and having had a waitstaff of 64, I can't tell you how impressed I was with the caring, and knowledge of our waitress. She helped to complete a wonderfully prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceStallion19Dined on 8/15/2014Our server Megan? very attentive, hometown girl with a pleasant attitude. Knowledge of Savannah, places to go and things to see. She is an asset to the Chart House. Fried green tomatoes, yes they are fantastic.Special Features:
- Mary POpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent dinner. Tried new dishes this time and they were excellent. Highly recommend the Miso glazed salmon with green beans and the fried green tomatoes. The Chart House Savannah is a must when we are traveling down South.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 8/3/2014Great food and great views of the Savannah River. My wife and I have dined here several times and the food has been consistently great. Nice menu with a wide variety of choices. Prices are at the high-end, but it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time here!LovingoodDined on 8/2/2014We only had one night in Savannah and we chose Chart House! E had a great time! They have excellent drinks and the food is amazing! Our server Stacy was as good as it gets! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River view fun!BigoeatsDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was great! A gem and best food on river! I travel a great deal and landry's select club makes it a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JImmyJimmyDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten a many Chart Houses all over the country, so we expected great food. However, this food exceeded our expectations. It was the best food we have had in Savannah including many top rated restaurants. I had the prime rib and my wife enjoyed the trout. Bith were fabulous! My only complaint is the steep stairs. We are elderly. The next time I will make reservation and ask to be seated on the main level. They do have a handicapped entrance.Special Features:
- hughacDined on 7/31/2014Food, service and atmosphere were all very good. Waitress did an excellent job of pacing courses. Tables are a little too close together to be considered "ROMANTIC", as is noise level.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodismylifeDined on 7/31/2014Chart house has been in my list to try and was recommended, I found the food to be just okay. Was not overly impressed especially for what they chargeSpecial Features:
- Great place!SD75Dined on 7/30/2014Service and food were great. Outside dining had a terrific view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Atmosphere is calm and food is delicious. Mixture of locals and tourists. The steak is always prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravisSADined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening celebrating a special occasion. From the moment we stepped in the door, the service was attentive. Our server, Elizabeth, was unobtrusive but readily available - such a gem! We were certainly impressed by the extensive wine list and settled for an excellent Australian red. Both the appetizers and the entrees that we ordered were out of this world delicious. However, we would have preferred to have a break between courses. Perhaps the answer to this would be to only order the entree once one is finished with the appetizer? After such a magnificent meal we didn't have room for dessert. All in all an excellent restaurant and to which we shall definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurantVanessaVIPDined on 7/27/2014Another great visit. Great food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- Six year anniversary. .InfiniteLoversDined on 7/26/2014It was soooo beautiful! I was greated by Tikka(sp), who surprisingly knew my name, was a really kind young lady(thanks to my sweetie for setting it up)! The food was outstanding! Service.. excellent! It was a wonderful anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AriellaDined on 7/26/2014A wonderful restaurant in every way. The broiled shrimp was fresh and cooked to perfection. Recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSoccerMomDined on 7/25/2014We had never dined here before and were entertaining international guests visiting River Street. We wanted a scenic view and a nice seafood menu, but nothing too fancy or too casual. The Chart House was perfect. We had a wonderful table by the window with a beautiful view of the river. The wine menu was extensive and the food was delicious. I highly recommend the Grilled Scallops with Wasabi sauce - delicious! Our college kids also enjoyed the warm chocolate Lava Cake for dessert. We will dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW 20th wedding anniversary dinnertgthr4everDined on 7/21/2014I made resivations for our 20th wedding anniversary and we had the best dinner, right down to them printing congratulations on our menu's! Everyone and the food was GREAT! Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!TNvacationersDined on 7/18/2014We had a nice experience at the Chart House. The waitress was very nice and knew her stuff! The fried green tomatoes were amazing! I had the shrimp over cheese grits and it was okay, though kind of luke warm and could have been a little spicier. My wife and daughter enjoyed their meals. The on-line reservation system worked very well.Special Features:
- Good for a group get togetherZralokaDined on 7/18/2014Food was fantastic! I highly recommend the Georgia Peach Mahi dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great VisitDwdtfs1Dined on 7/10/2014This was our second visit to Chart House Savannah in as many years. The food was delicious once again and the service was top notch. I was entertaining a group of six and everyone raved after the meal. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best4everyoungnloveDined on 7/5/2014I've never been to a place like this! My fiance and I went as a surprise date for our anniversary and everything was perfect. Our server knew the menu down to the T! Our drinks were delicious as well as our food. We'll be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't GoButchDined on 7/4/2014We had reservations for the Fourth of July and had requested an outside table to watch the fireworks. When we arrived we were told there was an hour and a half for outside seating. We had arrived a half hour before our reservation to allow for any crowds due to the Fourth. We took an inside table to wait for an outside table. They seated us right outside the restrooms where we had a constant stream of people coming and going. After having drinks and appetizers and waiting forty five minutes we spoke to Mike, the manager who said everyone wanted an outside table and unless we were "Club Members" we would just have to wait. We left. We have visited CH in Longboat Key and Weehawken and had a good experience. We won't be going back.
- Just OKbgrande63Dined on 7/4/2014Went to Chart House for my wife's birthday on July 4th. The food was a bit unpredictable. The fried green tomatoes were good but the calamari was chewy and a bit cold. As far as the entrees, my surf and turf was pretty lousy and my wife's Snapper Hemingway was very good. The biggest issue was that it took an hour to get our entrees after we received our salads. When I spoke to the manager, he barely apologized and did not even offer a free desert or any compensation for our issues. The place wasn't even crowded and I guess we know why. Never again. Too expensive to have poor service and unpredictable Food.Special Features:
- poor attention to detailupsidedownniteDined on 6/28/2014We selected chart house to send our kids to for both their anniversary and our daughters birthday this past week and put it in the notes for open table.I made sure they printed out the open table reservation. In addition our son in law is leaving for his 3rd overseas assignment next week to Korea. I called the restaurant 15 minutes before they arrived and spoke to the manager Eric to explain this was a special event because of not just the birthday and anniversary but his upcoming deployment. He assured me he would make sure it was special. When they checked in for the reservation they were told they had no reservation. Fortunately they had the print out. Not only did they not get special attention they didn't even acknowledge her birthday!
- I can only warn youOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2014Celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday. Even though I listed the birthday on the open table reservation, the staff, hostess or waiter, never mentioned it. Waiter served the men first (ok with me) but this notes a lack of training. Entrees forced on the table even though we were only half done our salads. Salad plates never cleared so we eventually had to place them in a neat pile on the floor. Second glass of wine ordered when entree was served, didn't see it until we were ready for dessert. Cream for coffee was bad, need I go on? A lot of money for horrible service. Food was good.No manager around, just kids running the place. Usually at a nice place, the manager visits the table and checks on the patrons. Made a big mistake eating here...
- Better this timePapaPeitDined on 6/19/2014Visited this restaurant a couple of nights earlier and posted a review about their disappointing entrees. Last night, everything was back to the normal high standards of the Chart House. Chef recovered from a bad night on Tuesday to provide us with an excellent meal on Thursday. Great restaurant that we always make a point to visit when we are in Savannah.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Mentioned in on-line reservation and to the waiter that it was 33rd anniversary. If we hadn't asked him to take a pic not sure it was noted. Didn't need anything special but a mere "congratulations" might have been nice. It's the reason we picked Chart House as our local Chart House (Melbourne, FL) is always responsive to special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.