Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
231 Yacht Club Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3103723464x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rafael Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
The waves almost break at your table at this surfside Chart House in Redondo Beach. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Southern California, this is it! It’s within walking distance to many of the area’s fabulous beaches & hotels. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Pan Seared Scallops and New Wave Surf & Turf. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (164)special occasion (121)romantic (99)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Love going here great viewsInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great service, great views and good food. Always a favorite when I am in townSpecial Features:
- My BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014This was my 1st time there & it was my birthday. Everyone enjoyed themselves (I had a large party) the food & virgin drinks were awesome. The view was amazing. Victor my server was very attentive & pleasant overall he was awesome. He made my birthday very memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE EVENINGmedeegeeDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance, service and food were great. It was a nice way to end the weekend. Our waiter, Doug, was amazing and very attentive.Special Features:
- Needs improvementgrotable42Dined on 9/13/2014Prime rib ordered by fiance was tough and lacking flavor - very disappointed as we hadn't been to the Charthouse for quite some time and looking forward to quality meal. My braised rib dish was better, but not fork tender as expected. Drinks were also sub par - fiance gave suggestions on how to make it the second time around. The only item we would recommend is the oysters on a half shell which was the best part of the meal. The ocean view was great - but disappointment of meal took away from the entire experience. The location of the restaurant is amazing with the ocean view - now if they can just match the quality of the food with the price and view it would be a great spot for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great ocean viewEllaBDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was able to accomodate our request for a window table which offers a great beach and ocean view. Service was excellent and professional. Love the salad bar too! You can be assured that the food will be excellent every time you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaliebsaliebVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great location - not "over" the water like the website pic, but on the beach. Great staff, prompt service, great food. Definitely pleased. But we like all of the Chart Houses.Special Features:
- Most Beautiful View in SouthbayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, gorgeous view, service was slow but it was a Saturday night. One of our favorite places for special occasions.Special Features:
- MsPunctualityVIPDined on 9/6/2014Well, I made 7:15 reservations so I could see the sunset. We didn't get seated until 7:45. It was pretty much too late by that time. People were just lingering from an earlier reservation and apparently they didn't want to leave until they saw the sun go down. The manager was polite and apologized and offered an appetizer, which was nice, but we were still there an had to be somewhere and had to rush our dinner. But the food was amazing as always. I usually have a great experience there, so I won't let this keep me from going again. At the end of the day, it was great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Food and ServiceTootooDined on 9/3/2014We went around 6:30 on a weekday and the place was not crowded. Ordered calamari and fresh oysters for appetizer. The calamari was not tasty (not seasoned properly?) nor crispy as we like. Most oysters were gritty and not as fresh. The worst one was the prime rib. Although prepared medium rare as orderd, it was served rather cold. We told the waiter that it was not warm enough and he took it back. Within minutes another waiter brought it back. We tried the meat and found it to be still cold. Then the manager came, and we asked if they used the microwave but he said no, with an attitude. He did not apologize and said they can do it over, but by that time, we were upset and declined. Bad experience overall. Won't go again.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014We had a table near the window, and the waiter actually moved us one table over when the other diners left. The food was great and the sunset view was just amazing.Special Features:
- The Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014There was eight people in our group. Pasta dish was cold and had to be heated, three plates had fish and vegetables all three plates of vegetables were cold and had to be heated. Our waiter was attentive and efficient although when asked for additional dressing he forgot. We do love the Chart House and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014The dinner was delicious... The atmosphere was great and our server, Fred was attentive.Special Features:
- A use to be nice placeLETDOWNDined on 8/30/2014I have frequented the Chart house on and off since the mid-seventies.... It was always known for good food excellent service and a view to die for... That was then....In my personal opinion The decor is now dated the food is marginal and doesn't compete for the price range that they charge.... The drinks are weak the service just ok but it still has a great view... With the construction and changes that are going to take place close by(once again in my opinion) this restaurant needs to re-evaluate the way it conducts business....because it won't last... Not for what they charge...The staff including the manager were even changing light bulbs right where we were eating(very tacky!!).... Thank you
- Dinner and a viewsierrawrenDined on 8/30/2014We were fortunate to be seated at the best table in the place, the corner window table. Service was perfect, the food delectable and the view of the beach/surf was wonderful. Highly recommend this Chart House!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantNavyLizardDined on 8/29/2014Had a fantastic time, the appetizers were delicious, the mains looked great and desert was way larger than I thought. I had a great time with my family and it was definitely up to the caliber that I remember of this restaurant. There were only two down sides for me, in my opinion. First was that a lot of the dishes had some sort of wasabi sauce or mention of wasabi in the menue. While I appreciate the different approach on menue items, I was hoping for more traditional options. Second, when we made our reservation, we asked for a birthday option for my mother and it didn't happen despite requesting it both through OpenTable.com and by following up with the restaurant by phone the day before. Still had an excellent time, though!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014One pays for the scenic view and location; over priced for the quality of food. Great place to take out of towners who are not too concerned about food or cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great location, always great service, food is always great, a bit pricey but good!Special Features:
- Date NightCrendesDined on 8/26/2014Perfect place for a date, a bit pricy but the food is great and the view is amazing. ~$100 for two people w/o drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a little dry.AlittledryDined on 8/22/2014Although the ambience and view were great, the chicken and steak were dry. In their favor, the wait staff made sure to try and correct the problem.Special Features:
- Lovely view but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and view amazing, at sunset the dolphins are swimming by so really special. Do think that its very expensive and service was average for the type of money that you are paying. Better options for this kind of price but can't beat the view.Special Features:
- Could do better.VMMMVIPDined on 8/18/2014This visit wasn't up to the high standards Chart House usually practices, in all respects. Management just needs to touch all bases within his/her restaurant. We still like it and will be back.Special Features:
- Seaside Dininglove2seeasunsetDined on 8/15/2014Great service - great food - great view. Enjoyed a drink with a shrimp appetizer and then a bottle of wine with dinner. Topped it off with mud pie for dessert. Had to walk homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineenjoyDined on 8/13/2014the location and view is the draw at this spot. the service and food remain fair.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic waterfront diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Right on the beach, beautiful panoramic view of the ocean. Relaxing and intimate. Food was very tasty. Waiter was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Diner75Dined on 8/11/2014The food quality and the waitress we had made for a memorable dining experience. It was very important that our East Coast visitors be impressed and go back home with rave reviews----and you did not let me down. We had a fabulous choice of items on the menu and each one was a winner.Special Features:
- Chart House GatheringChartfoodfunDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful view of beach and ocean, wide variety and high quality food, excellent service and energetic atmosphere made for great gathering place for friends and family from out of town.Special Features:
- Good food; average ambienceRedondoPaulDined on 8/8/2014We took a large group here for dinner. The Chart House provides a reliable selection of seafood. Nothing spectacular, but good, solid cooking. We had two disapointments. The music track was too loud to allow for good converasation to be heard across our large table, and we were allocated a table that did not have a good view of the sea and sunset. I understand that not everyone can have a front row seat, but it does make a difference to get one of the tables with a sea view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedPetite86Dined on 8/8/2014This is the first time I was at this location. I usually go to the one in Malibu (now closed). It was my boyfriend's birthday 08/08/14. I asked for a window seat but I couldn't get it. The food wasn't good at all. We both ordered fish and it was plane with no taste. The sizzling mushroom that I love was very oily. I was disappointed and regret going there for dinner. I will not go back to that location.Special Features:
- Kathy FrankKathyDined on 8/7/2014The Chart House has the most amazing view. We bring all our out of town guests here.Special Features:
- View breathtaking food terrible!TerribleDined on 8/7/2014View breathtaking food and service terrible ! Nasty manager and scared staff !Special Features:
- EntertainmentloverDined on 8/5/2014I invited my customers this time. They were very satisfied with food and atomsphere. I also felt at ease when I chose this restaurant because it served variety foods with high quality , seafood, beef , vegitable .. therefore My custermer could coose the dishes according to thier preferences. The sun set was very beautiful. Therfore my customers aso were happy to see that.Special Features:
- rogerwvDined on 8/2/2014Service was spotty at best, dirty dishes not cleared promptly or at all. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AccommodatinghappygirlDined on 8/1/2014When I arrived at my reservation time on a Saturday night they didn't show my reservation. After checking further they found my reservation had been made for the night before, Friday night. Without any hesitation whatsoever they said they could accommodate me and seated me and my husband immediately. We were there to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful 2 hours to ourselves and enjoyed one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerL0723VIPDined on 7/29/2014We love this restaurant. The food is always consistent and the service is always attentive.Special Features:
- Great nightGDniteDined on 7/29/2014Dinner was great. They honored our request for a window and put the birthday girls' name on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart HouseMorrisDined on 7/28/2014This is our favorite Restaurant. We have been going to this location for over 15 years and have never been disappointed in the food, service or Atmosphere. We would highly recommend the Chart House for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic CharmTammyPDined on 7/27/2014My fiancé and I were celebrating his birthday. Our reservations were for 7:45 pm which allowed us to view the sun setting while we dined in our appetizer. We ordered the crab cake with the avocado/corn dressing which was bursting with flavor. The wine list is very impressive as well. My fiancé ordered the prime rib dinner, and I selected the crunchy coconut shrimp with crab fried rice. Both entrees were cooked to perfection and full of flavor. The restaurant is located on the beach, with tranquil views of sand and cascading waves. Our server Michael was very knowledgeable of the menu and provided great recommendations. This is a great restaurant, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Horrible!PanacheDined on 7/27/2014When we walked in it smelled like a sewer and they had fans blowing in the front. We ordered Filet Mignon and it was way undercooked - when I cut into it blood was running on the plate. So they took it back to refire it they said it was a good training occurrence. There we nats flying around and 1 ended up in our food. We had not been there in years and now I remember why. Will not be going back there again.
- 7 26 14DinerDined on 7/26/2014There was an odor coming form the bathroom. It smelled like a sewage leak. They placed fans to disspell it but it seemingly only spread it. I am sure that it is not permanent but it did not add to my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a lovely time...lovelynightsbyethebeachDined on 7/26/2014Great place to watch a sun set. Wonderful food, friendly environment and the prices compliment the quality of the food well. Definitely coming back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.