Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
231 Yacht Club Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (310) 372-3464
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rafael Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
The waves almost break at your table at this surfside Chart House in Redondo Beach. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Southern California, this is it! It’s within walking distance to many of the area’s fabulous beaches & hotels. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Pan Seared Scallops and New Wave Surf & Turf. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (152)special occasion (117)romantic (93)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (13)late-night find (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Nancy was great and very patient in us choosing our dinner entrees. Great place for dinner on a special occasion. Came here to celebrate my bday with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantBombitDined on 11/15/2014I was able to catch the sunset view and was wonderful. we live the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatcountrygirlDined on 11/14/2014Enjoy every bit of our visit. The food was great. When I made reservations I asked for a table with view and was given exactly what I requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterbarginsisterDined on 11/8/2014Chart house in Redondo Beach has the most lovely view, great food and calmness. It is a perfect celebration location. thanks for another wonderful family birthday.Special Features:
- Filet & prime rib were fantastic!SparkyDined on 11/7/2014We are here for work since Febraury from Fl. We have tried alot of restaurants and not Chart House since we have one in Melbourne and wanted to try different places. We came back to what we know is very good. Chart house is the best overall. From now on we will be back to Chart House for our favorite meals. Also, we have found the service in Ca is, to be nice - not that great. It was at Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, food and service.medeegeeDined on 11/5/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday and thoroughly enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Our server, Christopher, was friendly, attentive and efficient. It was a great dining experience. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of serviceGOODDined on 11/3/2014the attention that servers pay to customers is outstanding and the service is exceptionalSpecial Features:
- First Class!Gilly1Dined on 11/1/2014We travel to Hermosa Beach annually and the Chart House is our first stop. The greeting is prompt, and our table ready within minutes. Great view of surf if you can sit relatively close to the windows. Service was right on and dishes were timed perfectly. Any of the Seafood dishes are some of the best in California.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Always enjoy this restaurant. Food and service consistently good. That's why we keep coming back! And, of course, who can resist the view!Special Features:
- Beautiful Sunsets - The Chart HouseTJBTexasDined on 10/26/2014LA born & raised, now a Texan, but we LOVE this restaurant when we visit. We asked some friends to join us Sunday evening for a special dinner and we all had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. They put us at an awesome window table, which we stayed at for nearly 4 hours. Fantastic food and salad bar. Service is excellent and the surroundings and view are exceptional.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightWjorthDined on 10/25/2014tbe Chart House is right on the edge of the sand beach, facing the sunset especially aligned this time of year. The wine and drinks are top shelf. We always have the fresh salad bar. The price is high but the salads are perfect. Everything is cold, fresh, tasty. Presentation dishes are shallow so the contents remains crisp as the bowl sits in a crushed ice bed. The servers are attentive, keeping the dishes well stocked. The Alaskan King Crab legs are always excellent. My spiced seared ahi on wasabi mashed potatoes was very good. Valet parking is quick and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view day or nightFlowerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Nice ambiance, great salads. But mussels appetizer was over cooked. Salmon was very good.Special Features:
- Awesome.ArlovskiVIPDined on 10/22/2014Everything was great. The service, food even the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The prime rib was so good. We enjoyed the ocean view and had excellent service.Special Features:
- chart houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I have not been to chart house for a while, but wanted to take my husband some place special for his birthday beautiful sunset and we had a window seat food was very good service was excellent I will probably go again maybe new years eveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the view...a lotJustMy2CentsVIPDined on 10/15/2014Very much a throwback to the early days of the salad bar craze. Here, the prices are current but the whole experience is dated. Very unimaginative salad bar. Iceberg Lettuce? Raw yellow onions? Ahi tuna was stringy, not the right cut for serving black and blue. And they still offer farm-raised salmon. This feels like a restaurant run by accountants, not chefs. The bottom line is you go here once every ten years and hope something changed.Special Features:
- Watching the sun setOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Over Catalina Island. Magical. Good food, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Need to improve the receptionWendyWDined on 10/10/2014Our family used to go chart house to celebrate any occasion and I was upset this time the reception service we were there before 6:45pm which was our reservation , We asked for near by window seat she said to us need to wait 30 minutes then we waited and waited until passed 7pm then she said sorry we don't have the window seat for you will you take other seat . Wonder we were waiting an hour even with reservation still can't be seat in what she told us , very disappoint the reception service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat w/ a viewrjay23Dined on 10/8/2014Great food! Service was a bit slow, but not too bad...View is fantastic...A little pricey, so come planning to spend some $$$...Great overall experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The front desk was well staffed, but seemed somewhat confused. I had to check back with them 2x before being seated. The table was set with special menus congratulating my daughter on her birthday, nice surprise. We also had an ocean view window table. It's not nearly as much fun sitting anywhere else at this establishment. The restaurant was extremely busy for a Wed. nite. It took a little while for the server to get to us; but he did a terrific job once he arrived. Our first choice of appetizer was sold out, as was the risotto, but our second choices were delicious. Lava cake for dessert has to be ordered with the meal. It was definitely worth doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MemoryNice1004Dined on 10/4/2014I could enjoy having a good time with my daughter who visited me from Japan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We chose the Chart House Redondo beach because we had our rehersal dinner there 37 years ago and we wanted to have our anniversary dinner there while we were in town. We made an early reservation ( 6 pm ) so it would be alittle calmer than a full blown Friday night later and we hope to catch the sunset. We got a great window seat and really enjoyed the view. The service was very attentive and we enjoyed our food selections the manager came over and chatted with us and we asked him to take some pixs of us well he said one of his servers was a photographer so he got him and we got some great pixs and memories soo Loved our time at the Chart HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayLunchersDined on 10/3/2014Everything was great, Zach was an outstanding waiter, only complaint we have, was the Crab Stuffed Shrimp (the shrimp was over cooked which made it a bit rubbery). Loved that our birthday girl was on the menu. Made it really special.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014i made a reservation for my wifes birthday and left a note online for table selection. They seated me right in the middle near the window which was perfect. the waiter was on top of things, as well as the chef and entire staff. They printed a special birthday menu. when the check came, the waiter informed me that i saved $50 for past dining credits...I will be returning their as soon as possible..Special Features:
- Birthday diningNotime4dietsDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I have dined at this Chart House previously. As before, the food is prepared expertly and the service is very good. We tried a new wine from the extensive list and enjoyed it thoroughly. We requested a window table and after a short wait, we were seated at a table with a fantastic view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - ok viewLoriVIPDined on 9/24/2014The view was spectacular. The food choices were good, but the preparation of the food was underwhelming. My fish was a bit overcooked and my husband wasn't too impressed either. Our guest did not rave about his choice either.Special Features:
- Awesome viewRandyCVIPDined on 9/22/2014I was in town for business and went there because it was close to the hotel but it was an amazing place to eat and the view was awesome. Sunset is worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor attention to detailLuv2dineDined on 9/21/2014I made birthday reservations online 3 weeks in advanced for my boyfriend. I was told Chart House gives a complimentary dessert with a name and a Happy Birthday. Nothing but the check came to our table and on the other side of the restuarant staff were singing happy birthday to someone else.
- 10 year wedding anniversary........PDREGULRDined on 9/21/2014Drinks were excellent. The ambiance was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceLizandGabeDined on 9/21/2014Although the food was great and our server was good we requested a table with a view and in my opinion out view was sub par. We appreciated customizing our menu with a congratulaions message but they didnt do anything else to make us feel extra special. Especially considering we were celebrating our 1 yr wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerSunNsurfDined on 9/20/2014As always at the Redondo Beach Chart House, the food was wonderful, the ocean views were spectacular, and the service was top rated. I could not ask for anything more for a memorable family birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicecureposDined on 9/19/2014The food, the service, and the view are excellent for a romantic evening for two (or three).Special Features:
- Love going here great viewsInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great service, great views and good food. Always a favorite when I am in townSpecial Features:
- My BirthdayTujuloveDined on 9/16/2014This was my 1st time there & it was my birthday. Everyone enjoyed themselves (I had a large party) the food & virgin drinks were awesome. The view was amazing. Victor my server was very attentive & pleasant overall he was awesome. He made my birthday very memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE EVENINGmedeegeeDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance, service and food were great. It was a nice way to end the weekend. Our waiter, Doug, was amazing and very attentive.Special Features:
- Needs improvementgrotable42Dined on 9/13/2014Prime rib ordered by fiance was tough and lacking flavor - very disappointed as we hadn't been to the Charthouse for quite some time and looking forward to quality meal. My braised rib dish was better, but not fork tender as expected. Drinks were also sub par - fiance gave suggestions on how to make it the second time around. The only item we would recommend is the oysters on a half shell which was the best part of the meal. The ocean view was great - but disappointment of meal took away from the entire experience. The location of the restaurant is amazing with the ocean view - now if they can just match the quality of the food with the price and view it would be a great spot for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great ocean viewEllaBDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was able to accomodate our request for a window table which offers a great beach and ocean view. Service was excellent and professional. Love the salad bar too! You can be assured that the food will be excellent every time you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaliebsaliebVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great location - not "over" the water like the website pic, but on the beach. Great staff, prompt service, great food. Definitely pleased. But we like all of the Chart Houses.Special Features:
- Most Beautiful View in SouthbayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, gorgeous view, service was slow but it was a Saturday night. One of our favorite places for special occasions.Special Features:
- MsPunctualityVIPDined on 9/6/2014Well, I made 7:15 reservations so I could see the sunset. We didn't get seated until 7:45. It was pretty much too late by that time. People were just lingering from an earlier reservation and apparently they didn't want to leave until they saw the sun go down. The manager was polite and apologized and offered an appetizer, which was nice, but we were still there an had to be somewhere and had to rush our dinner. But the food was amazing as always. I usually have a great experience there, so I won't let this keep me from going again. At the end of the day, it was great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.