Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
231 Yacht Club Way
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 3103723464x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rafael Sanchez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach
The waves almost break at your table at this surfside Chart House in Redondo Beach. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Southern California, this is it! It’s within walking distance to many of the area’s fabulous beaches & hotels. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Pan Seared Scallops and New Wave Surf & Turf. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Chart House Restaurant - Redondo Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (150)special occasion (114)romantic (95)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Awesome.ArlovskiVIPDined on 10/22/2014Everything was great. The service, food even the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014The prime rib was so good. We enjoyed the ocean view and had excellent service.Special Features:
- chart houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I have not been to chart house for a while, but wanted to take my husband some place special for his birthday beautiful sunset and we had a window seat food was very good service was excellent I will probably go again maybe new years eveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the view...a lotJustMy2CentsVIPDined on 10/15/2014Very much a throwback to the early days of the salad bar craze. Here, the prices are current but the whole experience is dated. Very unimaginative salad bar. Iceberg Lettuce? Raw yellow onions? Ahi tuna was stringy, not the right cut for serving black and blue. And they still offer farm-raised salmon. This feels like a restaurant run by accountants, not chefs. The bottom line is you go here once every ten years and hope something changed.Special Features:
- Watching the sun setOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Over Catalina Island. Magical. Good food, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Need to improve the receptionWendyWDined on 10/10/2014Our family used to go chart house to celebrate any occasion and I was upset this time the reception service we were there before 6:45pm which was our reservation , We asked for near by window seat she said to us need to wait 30 minutes then we waited and waited until passed 7pm then she said sorry we don't have the window seat for you will you take other seat . Wonder we were waiting an hour even with reservation still can't be seat in what she told us , very disappoint the reception service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat w/ a viewrjay23Dined on 10/8/2014Great food! Service was a bit slow, but not too bad...View is fantastic...A little pricey, so come planning to spend some $$$...Great overall experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The front desk was well staffed, but seemed somewhat confused. I had to check back with them 2x before being seated. The table was set with special menus congratulating my daughter on her birthday, nice surprise. We also had an ocean view window table. It's not nearly as much fun sitting anywhere else at this establishment. The restaurant was extremely busy for a Wed. nite. It took a little while for the server to get to us; but he did a terrific job once he arrived. Our first choice of appetizer was sold out, as was the risotto, but our second choices were delicious. Lava cake for dessert has to be ordered with the meal. It was definitely worth doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MemoryNice1004Dined on 10/4/2014I could enjoy having a good time with my daughter who visited me from Japan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We chose the Chart House Redondo beach because we had our rehersal dinner there 37 years ago and we wanted to have our anniversary dinner there while we were in town. We made an early reservation ( 6 pm ) so it would be alittle calmer than a full blown Friday night later and we hope to catch the sunset. We got a great window seat and really enjoyed the view. The service was very attentive and we enjoyed our food selections the manager came over and chatted with us and we asked him to take some pixs of us well he said one of his servers was a photographer so he got him and we got some great pixs and memories soo Loved our time at the Chart HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayLunchersDined on 10/3/2014Everything was great, Zach was an outstanding waiter, only complaint we have, was the Crab Stuffed Shrimp (the shrimp was over cooked which made it a bit rubbery). Loved that our birthday girl was on the menu. Made it really special.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014i made a reservation for my wifes birthday and left a note online for table selection. They seated me right in the middle near the window which was perfect. the waiter was on top of things, as well as the chef and entire staff. They printed a special birthday menu. when the check came, the waiter informed me that i saved $50 for past dining credits...I will be returning their as soon as possible..Special Features:
- Birthday diningNotime4dietsDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I have dined at this Chart House previously. As before, the food is prepared expertly and the service is very good. We tried a new wine from the extensive list and enjoyed it thoroughly. We requested a window table and after a short wait, we were seated at a table with a fantastic view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - ok viewLoriVIPDined on 9/24/2014The view was spectacular. The food choices were good, but the preparation of the food was underwhelming. My fish was a bit overcooked and my husband wasn't too impressed either. Our guest did not rave about his choice either.Special Features:
- Awesome viewRandyCVIPDined on 9/22/2014I was in town for business and went there because it was close to the hotel but it was an amazing place to eat and the view was awesome. Sunset is worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor attention to detailLuv2dineDined on 9/21/2014I made birthday reservations online 3 weeks in advanced for my boyfriend. I was told Chart House gives a complimentary dessert with a name and a Happy Birthday. Nothing but the check came to our table and on the other side of the restuarant staff were singing happy birthday to someone else.
- 10 year wedding anniversary........PDREGULRDined on 9/21/2014Drinks were excellent. The ambiance was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceLizandGabeDined on 9/21/2014Although the food was great and our server was good we requested a table with a view and in my opinion out view was sub par. We appreciated customizing our menu with a congratulaions message but they didnt do anything else to make us feel extra special. Especially considering we were celebrating our 1 yr wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerSunNsurfDined on 9/20/2014As always at the Redondo Beach Chart House, the food was wonderful, the ocean views were spectacular, and the service was top rated. I could not ask for anything more for a memorable family birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicecureposDined on 9/19/2014The food, the service, and the view are excellent for a romantic evening for two (or three).Special Features:
- Love going here great viewsInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great service, great views and good food. Always a favorite when I am in townSpecial Features:
- My BirthdayTujuloveDined on 9/16/2014This was my 1st time there & it was my birthday. Everyone enjoyed themselves (I had a large party) the food & virgin drinks were awesome. The view was amazing. Victor my server was very attentive & pleasant overall he was awesome. He made my birthday very memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE EVENINGmedeegeeDined on 9/14/2014The ambiance, service and food were great. It was a nice way to end the weekend. Our waiter, Doug, was amazing and very attentive.Special Features:
- Needs improvementgrotable42Dined on 9/13/2014Prime rib ordered by fiance was tough and lacking flavor - very disappointed as we hadn't been to the Charthouse for quite some time and looking forward to quality meal. My braised rib dish was better, but not fork tender as expected. Drinks were also sub par - fiance gave suggestions on how to make it the second time around. The only item we would recommend is the oysters on a half shell which was the best part of the meal. The ocean view was great - but disappointment of meal took away from the entire experience. The location of the restaurant is amazing with the ocean view - now if they can just match the quality of the food with the price and view it would be a great spot for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great ocean viewEllaBDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant was able to accomodate our request for a window table which offers a great beach and ocean view. Service was excellent and professional. Love the salad bar too! You can be assured that the food will be excellent every time you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaliebsaliebVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great location - not "over" the water like the website pic, but on the beach. Great staff, prompt service, great food. Definitely pleased. But we like all of the Chart Houses.Special Features:
- Most Beautiful View in SouthbayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, gorgeous view, service was slow but it was a Saturday night. One of our favorite places for special occasions.Special Features:
- MsPunctualityVIPDined on 9/6/2014Well, I made 7:15 reservations so I could see the sunset. We didn't get seated until 7:45. It was pretty much too late by that time. People were just lingering from an earlier reservation and apparently they didn't want to leave until they saw the sun go down. The manager was polite and apologized and offered an appetizer, which was nice, but we were still there an had to be somewhere and had to rush our dinner. But the food was amazing as always. I usually have a great experience there, so I won't let this keep me from going again. At the end of the day, it was great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Food and ServiceTootooDined on 9/3/2014We went around 6:30 on a weekday and the place was not crowded. Ordered calamari and fresh oysters for appetizer. The calamari was not tasty (not seasoned properly?) nor crispy as we like. Most oysters were gritty and not as fresh. The worst one was the prime rib. Although prepared medium rare as orderd, it was served rather cold. We told the waiter that it was not warm enough and he took it back. Within minutes another waiter brought it back. We tried the meat and found it to be still cold. Then the manager came, and we asked if they used the microwave but he said no, with an attitude. He did not apologize and said they can do it over, but by that time, we were upset and declined. Bad experience overall. Won't go again.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014We had a table near the window, and the waiter actually moved us one table over when the other diners left. The food was great and the sunset view was just amazing.Special Features:
- The Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014There was eight people in our group. Pasta dish was cold and had to be heated, three plates had fish and vegetables all three plates of vegetables were cold and had to be heated. Our waiter was attentive and efficient although when asked for additional dressing he forgot. We do love the Chart House and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerbirthdaydinnerDined on 8/30/2014The dinner was delicious... The atmosphere was great and our server, Fred was attentive.Special Features:
- A use to be nice placeLETDOWNDined on 8/30/2014I have frequented the Chart house on and off since the mid-seventies.... It was always known for good food excellent service and a view to die for... That was then....In my personal opinion The decor is now dated the food is marginal and doesn't compete for the price range that they charge.... The drinks are weak the service just ok but it still has a great view... With the construction and changes that are going to take place close by(once again in my opinion) this restaurant needs to re-evaluate the way it conducts business....because it won't last... Not for what they charge...The staff including the manager were even changing light bulbs right where we were eating(very tacky!!).... Thank you
- Dinner and a viewsierrawrenDined on 8/30/2014We were fortunate to be seated at the best table in the place, the corner window table. Service was perfect, the food delectable and the view of the beach/surf was wonderful. Highly recommend this Chart House!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantNavyLizardDined on 8/29/2014Had a fantastic time, the appetizers were delicious, the mains looked great and desert was way larger than I thought. I had a great time with my family and it was definitely up to the caliber that I remember of this restaurant. There were only two down sides for me, in my opinion. First was that a lot of the dishes had some sort of wasabi sauce or mention of wasabi in the menue. While I appreciate the different approach on menue items, I was hoping for more traditional options. Second, when we made our reservation, we asked for a birthday option for my mother and it didn't happen despite requesting it both through OpenTable.com and by following up with the restaurant by phone the day before. Still had an excellent time, though!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014One pays for the scenic view and location; over priced for the quality of food. Great place to take out of towners who are not too concerned about food or cost.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great location, always great service, food is always great, a bit pricey but good!Special Features:
- Date NightCrendesDined on 8/26/2014Perfect place for a date, a bit pricy but the food is great and the view is amazing. ~$100 for two people w/o drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a little dry.AlittledryDined on 8/22/2014Although the ambience and view were great, the chicken and steak were dry. In their favor, the wait staff made sure to try and correct the problem.Special Features:
- Lovely view but expensiveFlaneDined on 8/21/2014Food was excellent and view amazing, at sunset the dolphins are swimming by so really special. Do think that its very expensive and service was average for the type of money that you are paying. Better options for this kind of price but can't beat the view.Special Features: