Chart House Restaurant - Portland
5700 SW Terwilliger
Portland, OR 97239Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 5032466963x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Sunday Brunch 10am-3pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Portland
Located on historic Terwilliger Boulevard overlooking the Willamette River, Chart House features magnificent views of twinkling city lights, the river and both Mt. Hood & Mount St. Helens. It’s one of the most remarkable settings in the Pacific Northwest. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Don't miss out on our exceptional, yet affordable lunch menu available Monday-Friday and a Sunday brunch you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Chart House Restaurant - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (250)special occasion (204)romantic (140)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (66)notable wine list (65)great for brunch (41)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014It was our anniversary and the staff saved us a perfect table with a beautiful view. Wonderful service, delicious food! We will be back.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualjuju2Dined on 10/19/2014Appetizer was very good. Salad, soggy and tasted like it had set in dressing until all crispness was gone; Shrimp tasted OK but was overdone. Meal was not up to what we have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrosellicDined on 10/19/2014We took our special guests from Japan to the Chart House for Sunday brunch. It was the perfect place for an relaxing meal, with good food and service and a fantastic view.Special Features:
- food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I have been to the Chart House many times over the years and this is the first time I was very disappointed in the food quality. The fish was over cooked and dry & my lobster was small and not very flavorful. If I am going to spend a $140.00 on a meal I expect it to be of top quality.Special Features:
- Great menuJohn500Dined on 10/18/2014Continues to update and add new items to the menu, great views and service.Special Features:
- Wow!HalstonDined on 10/18/2014My meal was so good, I felt like crying when the last bite was taken. Service was excellent as Anthony was right there to remove plates and see to our needs. View was great overlooking Portland. Attention to detail with personalize menus was awesome. This experience will be a huge memory and we determined to make our future anniversary celebrations at the Charthouse. Thanks to all the staff that made it great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with the wifeAwalsh22Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I were very impressed with all aspects of our dining experience. The views are stunning & the steak was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Greg was a very helpful and just attentive enough to meet our needs but not too interruptive. Our steaks were very tender and not over cooked. I would suggest a Burgundy or Balsamic reduction with the Blue Cheese on my Filet as opposed to the sweeter sautéed onions. Potatoes were perfect! Thank you for a wonderful evening! BarbaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never misses a beat!HappyDined on 10/16/2014As usual, the service was excellent (Connie is great), food absolutely delicious and the view is breathtaking. Love coming here!!Special Features:
- Love the CharthouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I used to only go to the Charthouse for business lunches, etc. Now, my husband and I go at least a couple times a month. He loves your seafood, I love the steaks s, soups and salads. The waiters are exceptional, the atmosphere first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and great Paleo optionPaleofriendDined on 10/10/2014This is an old-time Portland favorite -- i.e. prom dates in June; grandma's birthday. That said, the beef is grass-fed, the seafood selection, excellent. They accommodated gluten free needs -- plantain chips vs bread in the beginning. Service is first rate and the view is AMAZING, the Willamette below, Mt. Hood on the horizon, and a full moon or stary skies above. Enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a fabulous dinner at the Chart House. The food and view were wonderful! Very romantic!Special Features:
- Maryland BrotherMdBroDined on 10/10/2014We wanted to take my Wife's brother from Maryland to a place with a great view & food. We couldn't have done any better. The staff welcomed him warmly from the beginning. We were assigned a waiter who happened to have lived in Maryland also. The food was excellent, as was the service. By the way the view was wonderful but I don't think there is a table with a bad view in the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a top shelf experience!ShannonVIPDined on 10/9/2014If you're looking for delicious food, outstanding service and an amazing view, look no further. I enjoy the Chart House because I know it will always be a great experience and the servers are some of the best in the city!Special Features:
- Great Moon rise!TricksterDined on 10/7/2014The food, as always was fabulous. The view was stupendous. My companion and I had a wonderful window seat with a very dramatic view of Portland. And we were able to see the Super Moon rise. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Interesting experience, overall. We originally ordered an appetizer, a fish entre and a beef entre and they ended up being out of all of them. Our meal was complementary, which definitely helped with the overall experience, however it seems unprofessional for a high-end restaurant to run out of so many items. I was not very happy with the fish entre I ended up getting; the tuna.Special Features:
- Another Great Charhouse ExperienceDavidDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated my birthday at Charthouse this weekend. It was another great experience with a great menu and everyone more than impressed with their choices. From quick cocktail service to decanting the wine that we brought along to wonderful food and fabulous desert this was a truly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Had higher expectationsRustyDined on 10/3/2014The view was gorgeous! We were sat next to the kitchen which was a little loud but didn't distract too much. It was the food that fell below what I had hoped for and maybe it was only my dish. We had the shrimp, artichoke and Brie appetizer which was amazing. I ordered the coconut crusted shrimp for my main dish and the batter was not great distracting from the shrimp. Along with that we had the risotto which was not very good. The lava cake was great! The waiter was great in the beginning when he was busy but then he became more absent. He passed us the three times and didn't take our plates which we were clearly done with. We ordered the desert with our order yet it took about 40 min to come out after he had taken our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold SoupOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/30/2014Gazpacho soup was very well prepared. Tilapia fish was good, although as a fish it is not as tasty as others we have tried. Short ribs were served as shredded beef without fat or bone, considered very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early night outformerfishermanDined on 9/30/2014We had a reservation for 5:30 pm, but overestimated traffic and showed up early. They were able to place us at 5 pm next to the window with great views of Portland and the Willamette River. We ate well and enjoyed very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went to The Chart House for our anniversary. We were seated promptly. We had a most beautiful window seat. The food and service was everything we could hope for. We will be visiting this gem again.Special Features:
- AwesomelabordaveDined on 9/23/2014Once again the Chart House comes through with another exceptional dining experience. The food and service was once again keeps us coming back for every special occasion that we can find. This evening we happen to be celebrating three different September birthdays. Everyone of them had a wonderful experience and a great birthday thanks to the Chart House staff. Thanks again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceFoodNServiceDined on 9/21/2014Absolutely everyone we interacted with was great! The food and beverages were amazing! The few suggestions we'd have are: An elevator to go down to the bar will really help in the years to come. Please, my wife begs you... don't have the air conditioning on full blast all the time or do as several patrons did, and have blankets ready to hand out... and lastly, the noise level upstairs can be a little crazy, not sure how to fix that... Maybe I'm getting old. We'll be back, (dressed for winter) for the great food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Best service we have had in years!! We arrived earlier than our reservation time, and were seated immediately. Our waiter, Ryland was very friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCodyDined on 9/19/2014We will go to the chart house again and again. The gentleman that serviced our table was very gracious and had great knowledge Of the menus and local area.He even knew it was my wife's Birthday. I'mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot give it a "5"STaaVIPDined on 9/19/2014The Chart House is always a "must" when I go to any city where there is a location. The views are always spectacular, and the Portland location, sitting over the Williamette River, certainly is a great view. Why must they skimp and provide a tiny portion? Other locations give a generous size piece of fish, so you really get the sense you got something for the higher price that you paid. The preparation was good, it is just a bit of a letdown when a petite portion of fish is placed in front of the diner, when you know that you are paying top dollar for your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View-Perfect LocationGDawgDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant offers all the right services, except more often than not, we end up with a server that has the "TAVERN" style service. Rough around the edges, not polished with proper manners and etiquette. Training would help, but not certain in all cases the training would matter.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!cherDined on 9/18/2014As usual, we had a wonderful dinner with excellent food, drink and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality on declineAchoosiefoodieDined on 9/18/2014Ordered prime rib with blue cheese sauce. Prime rib very fatty and blue chees sauce curdled ( over cooked and separated ) Have been going to that location since called hill villa, 4 times a year for 30 years with 3 others. Great view and location but over priced and declining food quality!Special Features:
- The perfect date night dinner spot!SandJDined on 9/17/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner. The service and food was top notch. We will return for future special occasions or even just to treat ourselves. Romantic yet friendly and welcoming with a spectacular view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peterfromportlandDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful evening with friends from Texas who had never been in Portland, except for a Convention -- one of the those in-and-out type trips. This time for several days, so time to enjoy the Chart House.Special Features:
- A True GemDavidDined on 9/14/2014Chart House Portland always delivers. The menu has something for everyone and every offering is outstanding. The blue cheese filet may be the best steak in Portland. I have never had a better Ceasar salad. This Portland Gem always exceeds expectations. While a bit spends, the Chart House is worth the extra.Special Features:
- Poor experience for the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The overall experience was pretty bland and did not seem to reflect the image Chart House is trying to portray. I ordered a diet coke that came back flat twice. The brunch entrees were mediocre with my wife's side salad tasting more like onion than anything else. The onion flavor was so strong that, if I didn't see what I was tasting, I would not have figured it for a lettuce salad. The view is great but this is really the only reason to spend time/money hereSpecial Features:
- Great dinner, but a little noisy.RichardDined on 9/13/2014There is a lot to like about the Chart House...excellent food, great service, great drink selection, the scenic view of the City below. The only thing I did not like was the noise level. I think the noise was very high for a restaurant of that caliber. My wife and I had to talk loudly so that we could hear each other over the din of the restaurant. It probably did not help that we were seated in the upper part of the restaurant. The Chart House is a little dated in its finishes, so it could stand a style update, which would be a perfect opportunity to add some sound-absorbing textures.Special Features:
- Can't beat the viewLindaRDined on 9/13/2014Perfect choice for a clear summer evening. Don't fret about getting a window table because all tables have a spectacular view of the city. My mom loved her prime rib. Scallops were wonderful. Good spinach salad tossed at the table and plenty for us to split. Nice list of wine by the glass as well as extensive bottle list. 10% discount on food with the AARP card!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as Always!LuvHHDined on 9/13/2014The Chart House is a must do in Portland at least once if you are visiting and at least yearly if you live here. The view is spectacular and the food is local, delicious, and fresh. Usually I have no complaints with anything offered. This time, we went to the bar for a pre-dinner drink and waited at least 10 minutes before anyone acknowledged us and once acknowledge, it took almost that long to get our drink. I must reiterate, this is quite unusual for the Chart House, they are usually very prompt and have the highest of customer service. Hopefully our experience was a glitch and not a new normal for a go to spot with a great reputation. Service in the main restaurant was the usual service I've come to appreciate them for.Special Features:
- Chart houseKimberlyDined on 9/11/2014Service was very slow and they charged us for bottles water when there water was bad because of a fire that was in the area. They should have at least given us free water!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilyDesiDined on 9/9/2014My family has been coming to the Chart House in Portland for many years. As of now I live in Southern California, but whenever I return to visit in the Portland area I make it a must to go to your restaurant. Many memories have been made for me at the restaurant. Oh, and yes the food, view, service are awesome. DesiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in PortlandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2014We went to the Chart House for our 35th anniversary. We have been there before and wanted to spend our anniversary there. The setting is beautiful and the food superb. We had excellent service. A great time to go is at dusk. You can enjoy the view and then watch the lights come up in the city. We watched the super moon rise over Mt. Hood.Special Features:
- Happy 48 AnniversarymandsDined on 9/8/2014Great for special occasions. We love the service, view, food, and ambiance.Special Features: