Chart House Restaurant - Portland
5700 SW Terwilliger
Portland, OR 97239Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 5032466963x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm. Sunday Brunch 10am-3pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Erik Anderson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Portland
Located on historic Terwilliger Boulevard overlooking the Willamette River, Chart House features magnificent views of twinkling city lights, the river and both Mt. Hood & Mount St. Helens. It’s one of the most remarkable settings in the Pacific Northwest. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake. Don't miss out on our exceptional, yet affordable lunch menu available Monday-Friday and a Sunday brunch you won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Portland - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Chart House Restaurant - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (259)special occasion (203)romantic (129)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (61)great for brunch (58)great for lunch (56)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Great restaurant, good for special occasions , romantic , service was excellent ,although pricey , the food was great with generous portionsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We are never disappointed when we dine at the Chart House and this visit was no exception. Starting with the greeting by the parking valets to the table we were given and the superb service provided by "Michael". I might add we drive 120 miles from Eugene just to dine at the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OregoldDined on 8/30/2014For a special occasion it is hard to beat the Chart House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriciaDined on 8/28/2014The Chart House never disappoints. Food is delicious, presentation beautiful, servers very accommodating, making the experience so very pleasant. The personalized menus are an added feature. We recommend The Chart House always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationstormdebDined on 8/28/2014I took my friend to the Chart House to celebrate her birthday. We had a wonderful table with a beautiful view. Our server was great..... as was the food. My friend felt loved and pampered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for special occasionsalpocopalDined on 8/27/2014We wanted a special place to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary....and we found it! I am 82 years of age and have eaten hundreds of Filé Mignóns, including in Buenos Áres the beef capital of the world, and the steak I had at the Chart House was hands down the best ever! We were treated like royalty, including a specially printed menu with our names and the occasion printed at the top. The view is spectacular both during day light and after dark. Yes, we had a long enjoyable evening arriving when still day light and leaving after dark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in PDXJspencer29Dined on 8/27/2014The chart house is a regular place it take visitors to Portland. Amazing view, great local fish and top notch service.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationclarkDined on 8/26/2014We always try to celebrate our birthdays with dinner at Portland's Chart House. From the time we drop off our car (valet parking), through dinner time, back to our car, the evening is always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th anniversaryYummDined on 8/26/2014Great food....great views....and service was good even though it was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent viewSTaaDined on 8/25/2014As we drove down from Seattle, and our reservation was during rush our, it was a challenge to get to the restaurant on time. The pace of our meal was perfect. The teriyaki sirloin was excellent. The view is really outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.Xntric1Dined on 8/25/2014My husband and I were visiting Portland for our anniversary. I had noted on our Open Table reservation form that it was our first visit to the city and our anniversary. We were seated at a table with a wonderful view of the river. Our food was great and it will be remembered fondly for the wonderful service, great food & wine, scenic view and overall delightful dinner.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner7years2getherDined on 8/25/2014Wanted a special place. Wonderful view. Loved the numerous seafood options. The food was good / pretty presentation, overall a bit bland. For the price I have had better. Good Cocktails. Service fast & friendly. The menu had a special anniversary note for us which was a nice touch. The parking was valet only and it was backed up so we had to circle the neighborhood while that cleared cars away. Not really sure why they have valet when the parking lot was small and conveniently located in front of the restaurant. Our car was literally parked 10 feet away from the door so not worth the wait to drop off and pick up. I'd give it another try, it was good but for the price I would expect more. Definitely you are paying for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost a great eveningBarneyDined on 8/22/2014complimentary valet car parking, polite hostess, pleasant bar area to sit in while we waited for our table (we showed up 30 minutes early), had wait forever to get served in the bar, got seated at table 5 minutes early, couldn't transfer bar bill to table so had to close out the tab (not very convenient). service was a little slow but for a special occasion it was paced just right. great view, friendly staff, overall an 8 out of 10Special Features:
- Incredible views/serviceafoodieDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time visiting the Chart House. The views are wonderful. The waiter was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He timed our food based on when we finished the course on the table allowing us to eat at our own pace, never rushing the next course. The food was very good, but not outstanding. The dishes were presented very well. The portions were moderate to large and could easily be split between two people. Overall we were very pleased with our visit and would recommend this restaurant to others for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food and service at Chart House were very good and the view of the Williamette River and South Portland is incredible. My family enjoyed the Caesar salad, fillet mignon, and chocolate lava cake very much. Throughout the dinner the wait staff was most attentive, and we all enjoyed watching the boats on the river below this elevated restaurant. Prices are reasonable, making Chart House an excellent choice for dinner when in Portland.Special Features:
- Portland's Top 5bikeman59Dined on 8/20/2014Once again, the Chart House provided a fantastic experience for my work team luncheon. We have many places to choose when holding these functions, but the Chart House is definitely in the top 5 of Portland's restaurants that I prefer to visit. I highly recommend them. Also, my name on the menu was a treat for me and my co-workers thought it was great.Special Features:
- Not Quite to Normal StandardsoccerdoodmanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Been here a million times for family dinners as it is a favorite. We were seated downstairs near the bar...nice window seat view but freezing cold and very rowdy parties in the bar nearby...both mood killers. Our waiter was too attentive to start (ie we said we knew the menu backwards/forwards yet he still insisted on explaining it in detail) and we could not get service near the end. Our entrees were ok...2 of the 4 were undercooked from what we asked. As usual, we preordered our Molten Lava Cakes as we always do. After waiting way longer than we ever have before we received two cakes that were overcooked to the verge of being burned on the bottom...and no "molten" ooze...solid cake. Disappointing
- The view is unbeatableBJ2013VIPDined on 8/17/2014Our food, drinks, table and view were fantastic. Rosemary potatoes were dry and overcooked. Otherwise, another wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The Chart house is a wll know brand. This location lives up to that repitationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite EnjoyableRickDined on 8/16/2014At celebration of my daughter being accepted into nursing school, our group of nine chose the Chart House as venue. Accommodating a group of nine was embraced by the staff and we were made to feel welcome and appreciated. Seven of us (myself included) loved our food while a couple thought "less" of theirs. The view is spectacular, the drinks masterful and the wine list broad and approachable. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MileKingDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic view of the river and the city of Portland! Food was very good, although portion sizes seemed to be on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I grew up in the area and have always wanted to try Chart House. After too many years, I finally got around to it and was thoroughly impressed. Food, service, atmosphere were all outstanding. Our waiter, Michael was great and the views were exceptional. I can't imagine why anyone would ever be disappointed. Not a budget restaurant, but you get what you pay for. Free valet parking is nice too.Special Features:
- StardustDined on 8/15/2014My guest were very pleased with the food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday DestinationMaryDined on 8/15/2014Memorable birthday party destination! Pulled out all the stops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experiencenotnpressDined on 8/13/2014Over all a nice place to try out once. The view was very nice and the service is what you would expect from a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermnjinorDined on 8/9/2014This was our first visit to Chart House. We were very pleased with the food and service. We were celebrating our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised that we got a table next to the window, so had a nice view. Todd, our waiter, was outstanding. He appeared when needed and did a great job of offering suggestions. We had prime rib and macadamia nut crusted sea bass, both excellently prepared. Our surprise at the end was that our daughter and her family had paid for our dinner. The restaurant took care of all of the details so that the dinner really was a surprise! It was a wonderful evening of good food and wine. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great view, average foodcherylDined on 8/8/2014We have always loved the beautiful view of Portland from the Chart House. The food,however, can be variable in quality in our opinion. Some of the entrees are very good. Others are average at best. The latter describes our last experience. The entree was overpriced and the quality of the short ribs and salmon was average at best. Going there though is a good experience even sip a glass of wine and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014This restaurant has great food and excellent service. I'll come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday ExperienceAlinocaoui12Dined on 8/8/2014I am originally from Honolulu Hawaii so any Chart House is home to me. Thank you for a wonderful time. The food is always what I expect, Great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is the best!jdreganDined on 8/7/2014It was the first time either of us had been to the Chart House and we loved it. The view is superb! Our food and wine were excellent. The wine was moderately priced and was a great accompaniment for our meal. We ordered a steak and the ahi tuna and thought they were both excellent. The service was also very good.Special Features:
- joseDined on 8/7/2014Food took 45 minutes to arrive after ordering. Salad was drenched in dressing and totally limp. Chicken was dry.Special Features:
- MixedJohnnieDined on 8/6/2014Took my GF out for BD dinner. (Mentioned it on the reservation) She was wished a Happy BD by the hostess who greeted us, as well as the girl who seated us. Apparently nobody told the waiter. Paid $12.00 for molten cake-thought we might be offered a gratis desert. Thought the food was good-not great.(Steak was a little undercooked) Service was excellent. Asked for some water-they brought a bottle of imported spring water-$6.50. Valet parking went smoothly. I will probably go back, but not anytime soon.Special Features:
- Nice lunch spotJillianDined on 8/4/2014The food was great - we had two of the salad choices and really enjoyed them - and the view is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chart House-Off Course in PortlandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The food was ok...the waitress was a bit over the top and made the the service feel fake and produced. The place was empty but the views were great.Special Features:
- Consistently OutstandingDavidDined on 7/31/2014Portland's Chart House is consistently outstanding. From the copper river salmon to the blue cheese filet you can count on great food and great service. The view is one of the best in the city.Special Features:
- HighspiritDined on 7/29/2014Food was excellent and a little creative, service professional but a tad slow (we were on a very tight time line), sunny day so the million dollar view was outstanding. This establishment has become a very solid favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014We had a wonderful lunch! The food was delicious, the waiter very attentive, and the view spectacular. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- perfect wedding anniversarywapatiDined on 7/26/2014Everything about the chart house was exceptional. The view, the food, and the staff exceeded our expectations. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Realiable evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Consistently good food and - of course - a really great view. They refrigerate the restaurant in the warmer months, so remember to bring a light sweater or shawl. The one criticism I have is that they are getting a bit too corporate. To be expected with a chain restaurant, but trying to sell me a "club membership" while I'm eating is a bit too much.Special Features:
- 72yearsDined on 7/26/2014Our waitress was outstanding! We were celebrating multiple events and she made sure we had everything we needed. She had a pleasant personality.Special Features: