Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
555 South Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2156258383x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
With stunning views of the Delaware River, Chart House offers unparalleled ambiance along with outstanding cuisine & impeccable service. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate. Best Happy Hour in Philadelphia!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (192)special occasion (150)romantic (127)good for groups (55)notable wine list (47)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (27)late-night find (19)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- BisqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014My lobster bisque was luke warm. I didn't order the potatoes but my waitress brought them anyway. Didn't offer to take them off the bill. I expected more but didn't get the desired results I was hoping for. My salmon was over cooked.Special Features:
- Beautiful View!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Everything about the restaurant was lovely. We loved our food, the view was gorgeous, and the service was great! Would totally go back!Special Features:
- Inattentive serviceSailsDined on 10/25/2014Even though I had made the reservation five months in advance, we were placed at the worse table in the restaurant. The wait staff was overworked and not well trained. .Special Features:
- disappointed at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014Appetizers were served in shifts. Bisque appeared to have sat in service window for some time as it was served with thick film on top. Half of entrees were warm at best. Special lava cake birthday dessert was dry and contained no lava. When pointed out to server he was ambivalent and was more interested in selling us after dinner drinks. Chef needs to take control of his kitchen. On the positive side the car valet was friendly and nice.a Would not recommend.Special Features:
- birthdaytopperDined on 10/25/2014I enjoyed my visit and it made my birthday so very specialSpecial Features:
- AmazingPerfectDined on 10/24/2014The food was amazing and so was our view. Our waiter was super nice and quick. Overall great time. My boyfriend, now fiancée actually proposed it couldn't have been any more beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visitAcesDined on 10/22/2014Excellent atmosphere, warm greeting, outstanding food, and our waiter Isaac was mort than outstanding.Special Features:
- Chart House Bad NewspickEeaterDined on 10/18/2014We ate at this restaurant last October on a visit to Philadelphia. The food at that time was excellent as was the service. What has changed? Everything!! It took over 20 minutes for the server to arrive. Appetizers were ordered and took another 20 minutes to be served. Entrees took 35 minutes to get to us. In that time another server came over and stated that there was "a problem with the kitchen-can we remind them what we ordered?" Our waiter returned at least 6 times to say "I am so sorry but thank you for understanding." Did we say we understood - NO. Manager was asked to come over. He was very accommodating, understanding, and professional. Service did not improve after his visit. But he fixed Landy card problem.
- Nory58Dined on 10/18/2014The place is great. Very beautiful view of the river. The food is great, I would improve the selection of the salad bar. Too expensive for what it is offered. The rest of the food is very good and very well prepared. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, attentative stafflivelifeDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner on Saturday, Oct. 18th with a party of 6. We met at the piano bar area, overlooking the river of course, and had very good service. Our reservations were on time and out of the party of 6, 3 were there for the first time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, the view and the central location, I 95 (North) is literally across Columbus Blvd. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch As UsualCherylitiDined on 10/18/2014The Chart House continues to serve the highest quality of food and excellent service. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- FantasticMLB52Dined on 10/18/2014I hadn't been to this location in more than 10 years. Saturday was fantastic. The food was terrific, service from Wendy may have been as good as I've ever experienced. Even the valet parking accommodated a particular request. W were seated near the window, with a view of the Delaware River, boats in the water, the Battleship New Jersey in sight; the aquarium was seen as well. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:
- Beyond BreathtakingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This restaurant has become a #1 Restaurant on my list- absolutely would recommend to anyone who is desiring to celebrate with a loved one. Beyond romantic! Food was outstanding and mouthwatering. Definately worth every single dollar.Special Features:
- Great view great seafoodfinediningDined on 10/15/2014Visit early evening for best scenic view, Staff well trained and responsive to customers. Food fresh and plentiful.Special Features:
- Nice DaySonicmanDined on 10/12/2014Although a little dated, the Chart House food and drinks were good and the view of the river exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out dateddinearound2Dined on 10/11/2014the Chart House is out dated and needs a well deserved over haul very dark and dreary, the view is the only good thing if you get a window seat . the food is average there are to many places to choice from will not be returning .
- Great ambiance... Good foodLondocDined on 10/11/2014The view is spectacular at night and the food was pretty good. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinnertomyenserDined on 10/11/2014I dined with my wife and teenage daughter to celebrate my and my daughter's birthday. We had an outstanding meal and enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. My glass of pinot noir was excellent, and my wife enjoyed a moscato sangria. The lobster bisque was a hit, as were all of our entrees: salmon for my daughter and snapper for my wife. I loved every bite of the Blood Orange Glazed King Salmon with root vegetables. We saved room for dessert: key lime pie and mud pie - both very good. We sat next to a large glass window overlooking the Delaware River. Service and food were top notch - this is a restaurant that we will come to again on another trip to the city.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutCALLAUVIPDined on 10/11/2014Made reservations for the Chart House to celebrate my long-term college friend's birthday. She left her kids and husband at home to come out. To my surprise she has never eaten at the CH. They placed us at a Waterview window table. A great view. The meal was paced appropriately. The appetizers were tasty but expensive- try the oysters on the half shell and spring rolls. The lobster bisque and stuffed shrimp was excellent. Our service was outstanding. Although the chart house is known as a chain restaurant and a little tourist trap we had a wonderful time. Nice crowd. Couples , parties and families all enjoy the place for special occasions. Bar area hopping too. Valet parking is available so no stress about parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for my dateGreatdateDined on 10/10/2014This place was awesome our waiter was very friendly & just the view & atmosphere was great... Can't wait to go back there...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Years Later...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014We dine at the CH approximately 2-4 times per year. And it's fairly normal for us to have a couple-or-three 'requests' for our evening. And time after time after time, ...and after 20 years of making such requests, the CH always comes through! Especially if the evening is a 'special occasion' for you. This is one of the many reasons we return to the CH time after time after time! Thank you, CH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dishDined on 10/10/2014We had a great dinner. The food was excellent and the service was great!!!!!!! We had a great veiw of the river and had the added pleasure of the Tall Ship Parade.Special Features:
- what a veiw!longscottDined on 10/10/2014Having my birthday dinner in Philadelphia, I chose The Chart House because I have eaten at other Chart Houses around country. The place needed some small updating,rugs, darkness. Food was peffect lyrics done. My wife had the snapper which the waitress Jen, patiently convinced her to try. My wife loved it.I boring had the prime rib which was cooked exactly like I asked. Perfect. The veiw had tall ships going by which was outstanding! Make sure you ask for window upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food favoritemommajeanneDined on 10/9/2014It's a lovely place to enjoy a great meal or celebrate a special occasion. We will definitely go there again an again.Special Features:
- Fuzzy visits PhillyFuzzmanDined on 10/9/2014Everything was perfect except for the chatty waitress God I hate thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View Great Food Great ServiceMartySVIPDined on 10/5/2014I have been at the Chart House many times this time our server Tai, was the best server and the food was great all four of us loved our view food and service. Thanks to Ryan and Chris for the special desert for my Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAluvDined on 10/4/2014I would recommend this restaurant for anyone who is looking for great food, great atmosphere, great scenery,and a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Time!Foodisgr8Dined on 10/4/2014My daughter requested The Chart House for her 11th birthday and she was not disappointed. Our server, Quatice, was very personable and energetic. The food was amazing and the view outstanding. Thank you for helping make her birthday an amazing one!Special Features:
- AdjustmentslightynoiseDined on 10/4/2014The only things that were not good was the level of lighting & the seating arrangements.....party of 2 compared to a party of 5 or 6 bigger tables were close to small tables and they should be seperated moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthday partyStanDined on 10/4/2014We had a family birthday party for our daughter who was turning 40. We had 6 adults and 3 kids. Table location and view was very nice. Service was excellent, menu was good for everyone. Made for a very nice evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was very good but it took so long to come out I lost my appetite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will recommendTraceDined on 10/2/2014Choosing Chart House Restaurant for my husbands birthday was an excellent choice.Many thanks to our server Joe! The romantic setting and our fabulous dinner made our evening perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014Menu was imaginative and my fish was fresh; however, Wine glass was not clean. Carpets need to be deep cleaned or better yet, replaced. Hostesss and server were friendlySpecial Features:
- Date brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I went on a brunch date and had a wonderful experience. I expect excellent food at The Chart House, but our waitress made our experience memorable. She is a lovely young woman who moved to our country only a few months ago. She was helpful regarding the menu, but not pushy. We discussed several things and I hope the next come we go back to have her again. Great time!Special Features:
- Nice Location OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The location of the resteraunt is very nice with all tables having good water views. The food was OK my wife had Short Ribs and I had the Dynamite Barramundi(Australian Sea Bass). The food was decent but in no way would I recommend anyone to go out of their way to eat at this resteraunt. The service was excellent!!
- JBCarDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent waitress who enhanced the dining experience.Special Features:
- Very disappointedpsychlanceVIPDined on 9/27/2014I dine at many of the chart house locations. This was my first visit to the Philly location. I truly loved the view, but the food was awful. I was shocked. I drove an hour to eat there. Definitely not worth the trip. If management really cares about me as a customer,,,, feel free to call me at 732-740-7254 Thankyou Lance HalpernSpecial Features:
- AmazingPaulCim32Dined on 9/27/2014Had an outstanding 1 year dinner with my girlfriend. Couldn't have been more perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndJ7ofusDined on 9/27/2014We had tickets to a show down the street. Our waiter was aware that I had written this on Open Table and was very accommodating. We only ordered finger food but they were awesome portions and delicious. The four of us had an awesome night thanks to our waiter Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphere, impressive menubonnefilleDined on 9/26/2014Probably the best view / most romantic spot I've dined in Philadelphia. It is right on the water, and the view is so beautiful. We had a table right by the window. Not sure if there's outside seating, butif there is, I'm sure it's phenomenal. We arrived 20 mins early to our reservation on a Friday night & the hosts still sat us gladly. Everything on the menu looked AMAZING, was very hard for me to choose. Only 2 improvements/notes I want to say is there is a VERY limited beer list, (Heneikin, Sam Adams, Miller, bleghh, etc.), my server mentioned they were much more of a wine & specialty drink kind of place. The other thing, I ordered the lobster tail as entree, and, while delicious, I felt it was tough. Our server (Ashley) was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.