Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
555 South Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2156258383x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
With stunning views of the Delaware River, Chart House offers unparalleled ambiance along with outstanding cuisine & impeccable service. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate. Best Happy Hour in Philadelphia!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (194)special occasion (144)romantic (124)good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (39)great for brunch (37)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (19)great for lunch (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Could do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014Menu was imaginative and my fish was fresh; however, Wine glass was not clean. Carpets need to be deep cleaned or better yet, replaced. Hostesss and server were friendlySpecial Features:
- Nice Location OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The location of the resteraunt is very nice with all tables having good water views. The food was OK my wife had Short Ribs and I had the Dynamite Barramundi(Australian Sea Bass). The food was decent but in no way would I recommend anyone to go out of their way to eat at this resteraunt. The service was excellent!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent waitress who enhanced the dining experience.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Had an outstanding 1 year dinner with my girlfriend. Couldn't have been more perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndJ7ofusDined on 9/27/2014We had tickets to a show down the street. Our waiter was aware that I had written this on Open Table and was very accommodating. We only ordered finger food but they were awesome portions and delicious. The four of us had an awesome night thanks to our waiter Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphere, impressive menubonnefilleDined on 9/26/2014Probably the best view / most romantic spot I've dined in Philadelphia. It is right on the water, and the view is so beautiful. We had a table right by the window. Not sure if there's outside seating, butif there is, I'm sure it's phenomenal. We arrived 20 mins early to our reservation on a Friday night & the hosts still sat us gladly. Everything on the menu looked AMAZING, was very hard for me to choose. Only 2 improvements/notes I want to say is there is a VERY limited beer list, (Heneikin, Sam Adams, Miller, bleghh, etc.), my server mentioned they were much more of a wine & specialty drink kind of place. The other thing, I ordered the lobster tail as entree, and, while delicious, I felt it was tough. Our server (Ashley) was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood, on the riverMarkKVIPDined on 9/24/2014Located overlooking the river (literally), every table has a view. I had the chopped salad, then the Sea Bass, which came with sautéed green beans. Everything was delicious. Our waiter was initially attentive and well-trained, but then service slowed down. I was finished with my salad before my friend's tuna appetizer was delivered (he did not order a salad). That left both of us eating while the other waited. He enjoyed dessert without a word, so it must have been good too. There's easy, free valet parking, which is a plus since you're right on the riverfront.Special Features:
- Was as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014I have always heard good things about The Chart House, but was skeptical because it was a chain restaurant. It was fantastic. I have no complaints and recommend to anyone. Be sure to ask for a table by the window!Special Features:
- Very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014I would have preferred to be seated upstairs. Our table was not ready (the restaurant was empty) and I felt like we were put in a corner. Our waitress is a total asset to your restaurant. She was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cele4momDined on 9/20/2014My first time experience was good but could have been better. I was not satisfied with the presentation nor the taste of salads. They were brown in it's appearance and tasted very bitter; even the cores of the lettuce was in two of the salads. I would have complained but because the event was for a birthday celebration for my mother and 2 of my guest are diabetic and needed to eat immediate I keep my dislikes on a hush scale. I also did not appreciate the extended wait time the hostesses seemed more attentive towards larger parties with reservations. I did not see nor did any manager visit our table to see how things were going.Special Features:
- Dave's ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The Chart House has the same excellent food and service 20 years later. our waitress was enthusiastic while providing excellent service. our filets were cooked precisely to taste and the lava cake was outrageous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great time and perfect view of the water surrounding the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationmommajeanneDined on 9/19/2014Other than the hosts, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We waited for a table by a window so sat in the bar for a short time. We were called to our table before we finished our drinks so the waitress carried our drinks upstairs to our table. Service deluxe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GoodolnormDined on 9/18/2014Great menu. Great service. Which is what we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateChillMoody1Dined on 9/15/2014My girlfriend and I truly enjoyed our date. It was an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in a long timePhillMostDined on 9/14/2014This was one of the best dining out experiences I've had in a while. Atmosphere was very classy yet still comfortable (and the waterfront view was great). Service was excellent and the food was SUPERB. I can't get it out of mind! Wish I could eat at the Chart House every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very great experienceSeafoodluverDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend and i really enjoyed our experience here at chart House. Very romantic and relaxed setting. Not to mention the food and service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnercap10mcDined on 9/13/2014The Chart House always makes special occasions special with a personalized menu to start, Our waiter Todd made us feel especially welcome during the whole emalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!cindyferraroDined on 9/13/2014We were there for a birthday celebration for my dear friend and we both thouroughly enjoyed everything! i cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedluvdinneroutVIPDined on 9/7/2014Although Chart House was listed with Restaurant Week they had no special menu and the hostess told us that Restaurant Week "was over". Slim pickings on the salad bar. Mediocre food that doesn't warrent the cost. Basically, disappointing all the way around. And, it was very empty.
- Very goodFiredude391Dined on 9/6/2014Hello, I have come here every year for the past 4 years for my anniversary. Every experience dining there has been a pleasant one. The food is delicious, the view is second to none and the service is outstanding. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:
- luvtoeatDined on 9/2/2014The atmosphere was great and the service was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okEnjoy2eatDined on 9/1/2014Found the restaurant pricy and food not all that great. Disappointing :(Special Features:
- Great EveningRaeRaeDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. The service was wonderful. Our server Tai added to the enjoyment of our visit. Thank youSpecial Features:
- At the top of my favoritesdisappointedinNJDined on 8/30/2014This was my first visit to The Chart House in Philadelphia. It was a unique and relaxing experience. Even the overcast sky didn't take away from the scenic view and the fabulous atmosphere. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. This goes to the top of my "must go back" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Our family has been going to the Chart House in Philadelphia for many years. It used to to a nice upscale restaurant for a lot of special occasions. We saw it decline, we saw them make the mistake of eliminating the salad bar, then bring it back. The food is great, but the service is just not a match for the great views of the river. They need to hire more high-end servers who didn't just work at a diner. There is just a lack of professionalism in the interactions with guests. It really needs to be tightened up by a professional manager. The restrooms were a mess (not a good sign), and for some odd reason, you have to beg to get a caesar salad at the salad bar. Again, positive notes...the food, the views, and the free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!lovin2dineDined on 8/26/2014Was out for the evening, didn't feel like cooking, and tried Chart House, and the 3 course special offers an excellent value for the cost...Wifey and I were STUFFED, and the service was on point, truly recommend this restaurant, for the view, and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceConnieVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a work group of four people. Everyone enjoyed their food and the service was good.Special Features:
- DisappointingMacClanDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I returned to the Chart House after maybe 10 years to celebrate our anniversary. We remember it being wonderful with very exquisite food. The food was not good-it was ordinary and bland. It was very disappointing. The view from where we were seated was beautiful.Special Features:
- Top qualityJMBTGBVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have enjoyed Chart House Restaurants in Aspen, Malibu, Philadelphia, Marina Del Rey and other locations throughout the years. We can always count on great food, great service and exceptional views in most cases, (especially Malibu and Philadelphia). No guess work here... if you want consistent quality in all that is valued in a restaurant, this is your choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationTeamSDined on 8/24/2014Scenic view great, location great, food depends, service very slow, plan to stay a few hours. There a few times and staff is great. However, this past time the clam chowder very disappointing and not fresh, coconut shrimp was burnt, crab legs minimal. Waited over 1/2 hour for doggy bag so ended up leaving. Would consider whether to go back. Being truthful....Special Features:
- SheilaDined on 8/23/2014we both had fish for entree and it was outstanding. The crab, mango, avocado stack appetizer was just as good as we remembered it from a previous visit to Chart House in Annapolis. My only complaint was the salad was overdressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Zah1Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was very poised and amazing!!! He had me visualizing every entree that he explained. My overall birthday experience was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLove2dineDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant was amazing night out for the first time away from the kids. Coming back again very soon and reserving a table for New Year's Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich's Philadelphia TripGuzkeyDined on 8/18/2014I took my wife to the Chart House based on the reviews I read. My experience was way beyond the reviews I read. Our waiter was extreemly polite and friendly, the food was excellent and served in a timely manor. The resturant was within walking distant from our hotel. Great restaurant, I will be going there againSpecial Features:
- care4phillychDined on 8/17/2014The Chart House in Philadelphia was one of my favorite restuarant's, however, after my Brunch experience on 8/17/2014, I do not think I will frequent that particular facility any longer. The salad bar was disappointing with less items than before, I had to ask for Caesar salad, our entrees were served about an hour late. The food was as tasty as usual. I will, however, continue to frequent my Chart House in Alexandria, VASpecial Features:
- A FavoriteFromTheBurbsDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy eating at the Chart House. We particularly like the Sunday brunch where we get a good meal and enjoy looking out at the river. Our server, Wendy, was very friendly and helpful. We especially love the salad bar and the Maryland Benedict. It's a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great atmosphere. Food was prepared perfectly. Will visit againSpecial Features:
- overpriced disappointment1nothankyouDined on 8/15/2014Outdoor sitting was dirty and they seated us in the area without tablecloths so we moved indoor. The raw oysters were difficult to eat as they were partly attached to the shell. Also, no explanation of the type of sauce served was given. The sea bass was tough on the outside and served almost cold. The waitress did send it back and someone did ask what the problem was and it was taken care of, however, by this time my daughter finished her meal. A glass of wine on the house would have been a nice gesture since we had to eat seperately. They did have a big party they were working on but I tip well . In fact I left over 20% having been a waitress in college years ago and old habits die hard. I have no interest in returning.Special Features:
- Great all around experienceJenniferVIPDined on 8/14/2014Immediately chose to do the free valet upon arriving (why not?). Were promptly seated and provided with cocktails rather quickly. We had the lobster bisque, shrimp and artichoke melt which was incredible, the mixed seafood grill - also fantastic and the spiced ahi which was mouth watering. I was a bit concerned by the bad reviews the Chart House received but my boyfriend and I loved the place. We will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.