Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
555 South Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2156258383x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
With stunning views of the Delaware River, Chart House offers unparalleled ambiance along with outstanding cuisine & impeccable service. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate. Best Happy Hour in Philadelphia!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (204)special occasion (142)romantic (123)good for groups (56)great for outdoor dining (50)great for brunch (42)notable wine list (41)fit for foodies (35)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (18)great for lunch (18)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)Show More
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Was out for the evening, didn't feel like cooking, and tried Chart House, and the 3 course special offers an excellent value for the cost...Wifey and I were STUFFED, and the service was on point, truly recommend this restaurant, for the view, and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceConnieVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a work group of four people. Everyone enjoyed their food and the service was good.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014My husband and I returned to the Chart House after maybe 10 years to celebrate our anniversary. We remember it being wonderful with very exquisite food. The food was not good-it was ordinary and bland. It was very disappointing. The view from where we were seated was beautiful.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Scenic view great, location great, food depends, service very slow, plan to stay a few hours. There a few times and staff is great. However, this past time the clam chowder very disappointing and not fresh, coconut shrimp was burnt, crab legs minimal. Waited over 1/2 hour for doggy bag so ended up leaving. Would consider whether to go back. Being truthful....Special Features:
- SheilaDined on 8/23/2014we both had fish for entree and it was outstanding. The crab, mango, avocado stack appetizer was just as good as we remembered it from a previous visit to Chart House in Annapolis. My only complaint was the salad was overdressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Zah1Dined on 8/22/2014Our waiter was very poised and amazing!!! He had me visualizing every entree that he explained. My overall birthday experience was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLove2dineDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant was amazing night out for the first time away from the kids. Coming back again very soon and reserving a table for New Year's Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich's Philadelphia TripGuzkeyDined on 8/18/2014I took my wife to the Chart House based on the reviews I read. My experience was way beyond the reviews I read. Our waiter was extreemly polite and friendly, the food was excellent and served in a timely manor. The resturant was within walking distant from our hotel. Great restaurant, I will be going there againSpecial Features:
- care4phillychDined on 8/17/2014The Chart House in Philadelphia was one of my favorite restuarant's, however, after my Brunch experience on 8/17/2014, I do not think I will frequent that particular facility any longer. The salad bar was disappointing with less items than before, I had to ask for Caesar salad, our entrees were served about an hour late. The food was as tasty as usual. I will, however, continue to frequent my Chart House in Alexandria, VASpecial Features:
- A FavoriteFromTheBurbsDined on 8/17/2014We always enjoy eating at the Chart House. We particularly like the Sunday brunch where we get a good meal and enjoy looking out at the river. Our server, Wendy, was very friendly and helpful. We especially love the salad bar and the Maryland Benedict. It's a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Great atmosphere. Food was prepared perfectly. Will visit againSpecial Features:
- overpriced disappointment1nothankyouDined on 8/15/2014Outdoor sitting was dirty and they seated us in the area without tablecloths so we moved indoor. The raw oysters were difficult to eat as they were partly attached to the shell. Also, no explanation of the type of sauce served was given. The sea bass was tough on the outside and served almost cold. The waitress did send it back and someone did ask what the problem was and it was taken care of, however, by this time my daughter finished her meal. A glass of wine on the house would have been a nice gesture since we had to eat seperately. They did have a big party they were working on but I tip well . In fact I left over 20% having been a waitress in college years ago and old habits die hard. I have no interest in returning.Special Features:
- Great all around experienceJenniferDined on 8/14/2014Immediately chose to do the free valet upon arriving (why not?). Were promptly seated and provided with cocktails rather quickly. We had the lobster bisque, shrimp and artichoke melt which was incredible, the mixed seafood grill - also fantastic and the spiced ahi which was mouth watering. I was a bit concerned by the bad reviews the Chart House received but my boyfriend and I loved the place. We will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outing with friends...lutababeDined on 8/13/2014We sat on the patio on the north side, beautiful ambiance. The brie, shrimp & artichoke app was excellent as was the "east meets west" app. Crab cakes were "ok" a lot of filler used so it tasted a bit bready. Coconut shrimp was very good. Stuffed tilapia was also very good. Margaritas were top notch Service was exceptionally slow compared to usual- we showed up promptly at our reservation time of 7:00pm and didn't get the bill till nearly 10:00 when the restaurant was practically empty from 8:30 onwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AnniversaryReb0812Dined on 8/12/2014We celebrated our anniversary at The Chart House. From the moment we walked in to the personalized menu everything was too notch. The seafood was 2nd to none, great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointingjmldinerDined on 8/10/2014Took the family to dinner during restaurant week. Entrees from both the Prix Fixe and regular menu were at best over-priced, some were just flat our poor. The New England Clam Chowder was the lone enjoyable item - we should have stopped there. As a final sign of how the evening went - my daughter enjoyed her shrimp pasta and wanted to take her leftovers home. When she opened it the next day, she was appalled to find another quest's entree...If you want to dine on the waterfront visit the Mosholu!Special Features:
- Great food!Luv2eatDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a delicious dinner. We were celebrating our 23rd Anniversary. The clam chowder was excellent! We both had the shrimp trio,which was very tasty! Our waiter, Isaac was friendly and professional. The Manager came over to the table to wish us a Happy Anniversary. I would recommend the Chart House for a excellent meal and a great view! We will definitely be going back in the near future!Special Features:
- Totally DisappointedTerribleDined on 8/10/2014Wow, we've been going to the Chart House in Philadelphia for 12 years for our anniversary. I had been looking forward to my meal for a week. The waitress, Amber, was off. She was confused and didn't come to our table for 30 minutes. Thank God for Brooke, another server who stepped in to help. The exchange with the waitress was awkward and uncomfortable (all the tables felt the same), the order was put in incorrectly, and lastly the food was AWFUL. My husband's rice was BURNT and was inedible, my shrimp was over done, the crab stuffing was old and terrible, and caesar salad was from the day before I'm sure of it. My husband spoke to the mgr and he was not mgr material at all. We've both worked in the industry. We will never return.
- JoeDelawareDined on 8/9/2014a great place to enjoy time with loving wife and celebrating a big birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STARR11SIS11Dined on 8/9/2014The Chart House is a great restaurant with great food and I love the view of the river. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!rglove2partyDined on 8/9/2014We arrived early for our reservation there was on problem.We were able to seated right a way , outside with a beautiful view off the river.My sister and I were celebrating our birthdays.On top off our menus there was a happy birthday wish nice touch. Our waitress was professional and lots of fun. It happened to be restaurant week which we where not aware of a three course meal for $35 per. And made it available to us another nice touch.The cocktails and food very good. We both enjoyed our birthdays!!!Special Features:
- Food quality and presentationomacDined on 8/9/2014Very disappointed with food quality and presentation as compared to previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyBirthdayDined on 8/8/2014Me and my friend had a wonderful evning to celebrat her BirthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful night on the waterfrontsw344389Dined on 8/8/2014Started off with some great tasting salad with fresh warm rolls. Had a fantastic tasting meal that ended with a delicious signature Hot Chocolate Lava Cake! Enjoyed the outside seating with the sounds of water lapping at the banks.Special Features:
- DemandingBettyDined on 8/8/2014The food was disappointing. My lobster was overcooked and the Asparagus did not taste good with it. The rice was interesting and tasty. The best thing was the chocolate volcano dessert. That was truly worth waiting for. Our waiter Q won everyone over with his smile.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Beautiful restaurant, I took a young lady for her birthday & it set a nice romantic mood, my server Q was amazing & showed tremendous servitude. I would definitely say one of the best restaurants I've dined in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Isaac was awesomeThehjsDined on 8/6/2014We have been to several Chart House restaurants and this was definitely in the top two that we've eaten at. Isaac was a spectacular waiter, an made the whole meal feel like a personal experience. The only low point was the over cooked lava cake, but the manager came over to talk to us and made it rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againKnowsfoodVIPDined on 8/4/2014I would have given them a higher review but I was not happy with the service. While the food (shrimp and artichoke dip and Alaskan crab legs) were amazing. The service was mediocre. My guest and I say there for about 15 minutes without anyone greeting us or acknowledging us. All the while, the people around us (who were seated after us) was enjoying their food and drinks. After the waitress finally acknowledged is and took our order, I asked to speak to the manager. His LAME excuse made me believe that I do not want to visit there again and he's an awful manager (aren't guest always right?). He made some lame excuse as to why we were overlooked. Is there ever an excuse for being overlooked? Four stars for food. Half a star for the managerSpecial Features:
- Not Up to SnuffParadoxproDined on 8/3/2014Took friends as my guests for brunch. Out of smoked salmon for the Benedict and the salad bar - a brunch staple. My Prime Rib overdone - waitress offered to replace - the outer pieces were flavorful but progressively tougher and dryer -- no au jus or horseradish with platter. Eggs over-easy were hard and the fries greasy. Three meals came out -- 4th had to be redone as kitchen botched order -- We were halfway through our meals before 4th came out to the table. Server apologized about the beef and the delayed meal said she would tell the manager. No manager ever came to the table. We had appys and premium cocktails which were good. Temperature freezing - place empty -- Not up to Chart House Standards. Embarrassed in front of my guestsSpecial Features:
- Isaac was a great serverLivLatVIPDined on 8/2/2014Always love the calamari. Didn't love the short ribs. Service was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014I normally enjoy this restaurant but, when I came with a group it didn't seem like the waitress was able to handle our table. She forgot to pour our water, she forgot drinks, she forgot who ordered what and after an hour of waiting when I inquired how long the food would take she responded "it's Sat it's busy" I've been to plenty of places on a Sat and it doesn't take that long. An apology for the wait would have been the appropriate response. I was offended since it indicated I've never been to dinner on a Sat night which is far from the truth AND no it doesn't take that long. Coincidentally she walked away and came back with our food. I'd suggest maybe two servers in the event of a larger party but I wouldn't host another dinner here.
- A Lovely Dining Experience!ValerieVIPDined on 8/2/2014The Chart House Restaurant has been a favorite place for me to dine for many years. I am happy to report that the Chart House Restaurant is still a favorite for me. The atmosphere looking over the water was simply wonderful. The food was plentiful and delicious. The server Joe Fish was attentive, pleasant, and he provided us with outstanding service. I look forward to when we shall dine there again.Special Features:
- Must Do Again !RickyBDined on 8/2/2014The Chart House is just a wonderful place to eat. The prices and selections are very good. The view made me forget I was there to eat and the surrounding atmosphere was fun and energetic. I tolerated the extra noise--but that was overwhelmed by the food, service and the overall experience. I will do a Pat Riley and make it a "Threepeat !"Special Features:
- luvfoodluv2eatDined on 8/2/2014The food was good. I expected a little more flare for the price. The atmosphere is great, nice scenic view on the river. The service was wonderful, could not have been happier with the service. I recommend the Mud Pie for desert, it was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceJMBTGBDined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful server (Ashley) and the food is always very good.Special Features:
- Awesome spot on the river!mle146Dined on 7/26/2014This is an awesome place to dine on the water. Great food and great views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Everything we ate was phenomenal! The waitress made excellent suggestions and each dish exceeded my expectations. The view from our table was also amazing. Definitely set a romantic mood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just goodbobpVIPDined on 7/24/2014The service and drinks were slow. The apps were good but the dinner was just okayI would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okKmanDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I ate hear before going to a concert at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden. I ordered the Chilean sea bass which was very good as well as the accompanying vegetables. My wife ordered the salmon which was over cooked and dry. Service was just adequate. Overall experience was average but I do not believe the Chart House presents itself as a average restaurant.Special Features:
- neveragaindinerDined on 7/21/2014FOOD- OK, DESSERT- GOOD, CUSTOMER SERVICE- POOR.....Special Features: