Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
555 South Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (215) 625-8383
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: NYE Reservations: Magnificent 4-Course Dinner, Live Music, Champagne Toast and Party Favors $125 per person. Philadelphia Fireworks Shows at 6pm and Midnight.
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
With stunning views of the Delaware River, Chart House offers unparalleled ambiance along with outstanding cuisine & impeccable service. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate. Best Happy Hour in Philadelphia!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (181)special occasion (146)romantic (124)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (42)great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (25)hot spot (18)great for lunch (17)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Chart House in Philadelphia.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Our waiter was great on Sunday morning, Nov 23 at 11 am. Brunch is reasonably priced and we must do it more often. The view is spectacular. Not all the food was out for the salad bar at 11:00 am (or even 11:15 am). That was disappointing. We were there for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gusvDined on 11/22/2014Mahi mahi was really bad it had an off odor. one of our steaks was way overcooked. The server was kind of offended when we metioned the problems. Manager came and appologize but that was it.Special Features:
- Nice view, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Garden variety food, similar to a Bob's Big Boy, over breaded, over cooked and over priced. Our bread basket was removed before we were even finished our salad. The view is good, but the kitchen needs work and the servers need training.
- TXVisitor1938Dined on 11/20/2014I have eaten here on several occasions when doing business in the Philadelphia area. The downstairs restaurant was closed so was seated upstairs. Was seated behind a large wall in which I think the service area was. Felt isolated from the main area. The short ribs were good (special that night), although the seafood is what I usually get. Wine list adequate. As a Landry property, this restaurant is definitely on the higher side of the middle line. The river view of the USS New Jersey at night was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut the music!RSVPVIPDined on 11/20/2014The food & service was wonderful but the music was loud & not appropriate for dining. It was more for a late night club not for dinner. Apparently, it is "piped" in to the whole restaurant so it could not be changed or muted without affecting the other patrons. But, noticing that at 5:30 there were very few of us & the others older than us (0ver 60), turning off the music would not have been a problem. We suggested lite jazz or other more appropriate dinner music. They did turn it down which made our dinner more enjoyable. The view is spectacular overlooking the Delaware River to Camden. Again, the food was wonderful, especially the East Meets West tuna appetizer. The staff was very accomodating to our need to leave in time for a play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting location, great food, and fast serviceJerseyGirlVIPDined on 11/16/2014What more do you need? The Chart House offers a variety of fresh fish. My husband and I had the wild Alaskan Salmon. It was done and served to perfection. The view on the Delaware is also a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianneDined on 11/16/2014Restaurant was very nice. Everyone was extremely friendly. Server was very attentive to our needs. It was both my daughters birthdays and everyone went out their way to help us celebrate and make the dinner very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate birthdaysAnnaBruce050705Dined on 11/16/2014I was treated so special because it was my birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceluvNYdiningDined on 11/16/2014Good Food, Good Service... A bit pricey. Would recommend to family and friends. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- positive dining experiencerau232Dined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our meal at Chart House to celebrate my wife's birthday. The food was excellent and the service was great. Our waitress, Melanie, was very attentive and friendly. We loved the view of the river, as well. All in all, a positive dining experience. We definitely want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday, and had a great time. The view is absolutely amazing! Good for groups or just a date. Would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!PrincessDined on 11/15/2014I have been dining at the Chart House for many years, and still it is a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnduckDined on 11/14/2014Overall, I though it was good. the food was great and the service was on time. However, When I asked about using the Landry Select club card it created a problem. I left the card in car and waitress indicated that with my info she could identify it. However, I seem to not have register the card from my first trip. My companion indicated that she was condescending during our conversation and even left the table to avoid making a comment. On the other hand, I did not noticed this altitude, but it soured the ending of a good meal. I did use my AARP discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe DelawareJoeDelawareDined on 11/8/2014Had a very nice dinner celebrating 40th anniversary waiter was great made every effort to make sure we where happy, always watchingSpecial Features:
- Romantic EveningYvonneDined on 11/8/2014This gem is great for date night, night out with friends or even a quiet dinner alone looking out at the beautiful view. The food and service are impeccable, and there is even free valet parking. I have been here many times and will be back many more times.Special Features:
- Ambience hot food notLive2eatDined on 11/1/2014Several dishes came out of the kitchen lukewarm which was a turnoff considering this is a high end restaurantSpecial Features:
- That is so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I love this chart house is the best n I will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellentloveroffoodVIPDined on 11/1/2014the menu was great! and the food was delicious. the service was slow; the waiter was friendly and knowledgable. and yes would go again.Special Features:
- Five starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I read a lot of mixed reviews so I was hesitant about dining here. It was my dates birthday so i wanted to make sure the night was extra special. Despite the mixed reviews, I decided to go along and see for myself. Everything was outstanding. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess who promptly seated us before our reservation. We had a nice seat on the second floor which over looked the water, where we could see the city lights as well as boats passing by. Our waiter Issac was PHENOMENAL, he went above and beyond to make our dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful night on the DelawarefullhouseDined on 10/31/2014From the moment the valet welcomed us to the Chart House, we knew that the employees cared about customer satisfaction. Our waiter, Michael, was enthusiastic and answered every question we had with great courtesy. The food was excellent and we felt that we received very good value for money. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BisqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014My lobster bisque was luke warm. I didn't order the potatoes but my waitress brought them anyway. Didn't offer to take them off the bill. I expected more but didn't get the desired results I was hoping for. My salmon was over cooked.Special Features:
- My reviewdogtrainerDined on 10/29/2014We had a lovely dinner and all 6 of us were pleased with our waiter, Isaac! Two of the men who ordered meat instead of seafood were disappointed in their meals, but... they're always disappointed and prefer one restaurant in the NJ area. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View!KimhDined on 10/25/2014Everything about the restaurant was lovely. We loved our food, the view was gorgeous, and the service was great! Would totally go back!Special Features:
- Inattentive serviceSailsDined on 10/25/2014Even though I had made the reservation five months in advance, we were placed at the worse table in the restaurant. The wait staff was overworked and not well trained. .Special Features:
- disappointed at bestSwissfoodfanVIPDined on 10/25/2014Appetizers were served in shifts. Bisque appeared to have sat in service window for some time as it was served with thick film on top. Half of entrees were warm at best. Special lava cake birthday dessert was dry and contained no lava. When pointed out to server he was ambivalent and was more interested in selling us after dinner drinks. Chef needs to take control of his kitchen. On the positive side the car valet was friendly and nice.a Would not recommend.Special Features:
- birthdaytopperDined on 10/25/2014I enjoyed my visit and it made my birthday so very specialSpecial Features:
- AmazingPerfectDined on 10/24/2014The food was amazing and so was our view. Our waiter was super nice and quick. Overall great time. My boyfriend, now fiancée actually proposed it couldn't have been any more beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visitAcesDined on 10/22/2014Excellent atmosphere, warm greeting, outstanding food, and our waiter Isaac was mort than outstanding.Special Features:
- ServiceRosieDined on 10/19/2014I sent the restaurant my comments on the entire visit. It was the worst ever.Special Features:
- Chart House Bad NewspickEeaterDined on 10/18/2014We ate at this restaurant last October on a visit to Philadelphia. The food at that time was excellent as was the service. What has changed? Everything!! It took over 20 minutes for the server to arrive. Appetizers were ordered and took another 20 minutes to be served. Entrees took 35 minutes to get to us. In that time another server came over and stated that there was "a problem with the kitchen-can we remind them what we ordered?" Our waiter returned at least 6 times to say "I am so sorry but thank you for understanding." Did we say we understood - NO. Manager was asked to come over. He was very accommodating, understanding, and professional. Service did not improve after his visit. But he fixed Landy card problem.
- Nory58Dined on 10/18/2014The place is great. Very beautiful view of the river. The food is great, I would improve the selection of the salad bar. Too expensive for what it is offered. The rest of the food is very good and very well prepared. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, attentative stafflivelifeDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner on Saturday, Oct. 18th with a party of 6. We met at the piano bar area, overlooking the river of course, and had very good service. Our reservations were on time and out of the party of 6, 3 were there for the first time. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food, the service, the view and the central location, I 95 (North) is literally across Columbus Blvd. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch As UsualCherylitiDined on 10/18/2014The Chart House continues to serve the highest quality of food and excellent service. We're never disappointed.Special Features:
- FantasticMLB52Dined on 10/18/2014I hadn't been to this location in more than 10 years. Saturday was fantastic. The food was terrific, service from Wendy may have been as good as I've ever experienced. Even the valet parking accommodated a particular request. W were seated near the window, with a view of the Delaware River, boats in the water, the Battleship New Jersey in sight; the aquarium was seen as well. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:
- Beyond BreathtakingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This restaurant has become a #1 Restaurant on my list- absolutely would recommend to anyone who is desiring to celebrate with a loved one. Beyond romantic! Food was outstanding and mouthwatering. Definately worth every single dollar.Special Features:
- Great view great seafoodfinediningDined on 10/15/2014Visit early evening for best scenic view, Staff well trained and responsive to customers. Food fresh and plentiful.Special Features:
- Nice DaySonicmanDined on 10/12/2014Although a little dated, the Chart House food and drinks were good and the view of the river exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out dateddinearound2Dined on 10/11/2014the Chart House is out dated and needs a well deserved over haul very dark and dreary, the view is the only good thing if you get a window seat . the food is average there are to many places to choice from will not be returning .
- Great ambiance... Good foodLondocDined on 10/11/2014The view is spectacular at night and the food was pretty good. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinnertomyenserDined on 10/11/2014I dined with my wife and teenage daughter to celebrate my and my daughter's birthday. We had an outstanding meal and enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. My glass of pinot noir was excellent, and my wife enjoyed a moscato sangria. The lobster bisque was a hit, as were all of our entrees: salmon for my daughter and snapper for my wife. I loved every bite of the Blood Orange Glazed King Salmon with root vegetables. We saved room for dessert: key lime pie and mud pie - both very good. We sat next to a large glass window overlooking the Delaware River. Service and food were top notch - this is a restaurant that we will come to again on another trip to the city.Special Features: