Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
555 South Columbus Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 2156258383x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia
With stunning views of the Delaware River, Chart House offers unparalleled ambiance along with outstanding cuisine & impeccable service. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From signature fish specialties and seafood to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi, Miso Glazed Salmon & our slow-roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines and our famous Hot Chocolate. Best Happy Hour in Philadelphia!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Penn's Landing ›
Chart House Restaurant - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (182)special occasion (141)romantic (121)good for groups (50)great for outdoor dining (45)notable wine list (43)fit for foodies (42)great for brunch (29)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- FantasticMLB52Dined on 10/18/2014I hadn't been to this location in more than 10 years. Saturday was fantastic. The food was terrific, service from Wendy may have been as good as I've ever experienced. Even the valet parking accommodated a particular request. W were seated near the window, with a view of the Delaware River, boats in the water, the Battleship New Jersey in sight; the aquarium was seen as well. HIGHLY recommended.Special Features:
- Nice DaySonicmanDined on 10/12/2014Although a little dated, the Chart House food and drinks were good and the view of the river exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out dateddinearound2Dined on 10/11/2014the Chart House is out dated and needs a well deserved over haul very dark and dreary, the view is the only good thing if you get a window seat . the food is average there are to many places to choice from will not be returning .
- Great ambiance... Good foodLondocDined on 10/11/2014The view is spectacular at night and the food was pretty good. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday dinnertomyenserDined on 10/11/2014I dined with my wife and teenage daughter to celebrate my and my daughter's birthday. We had an outstanding meal and enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. My glass of pinot noir was excellent, and my wife enjoyed a moscato sangria. The lobster bisque was a hit, as were all of our entrees: salmon for my daughter and snapper for my wife. I loved every bite of the Blood Orange Glazed King Salmon with root vegetables. We saved room for dessert: key lime pie and mud pie - both very good. We sat next to a large glass window overlooking the Delaware River. Service and food were top notch - this is a restaurant that we will come to again on another trip to the city.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutCALLAUVIPDined on 10/11/2014Made reservations for the Chart House to celebrate my long-term college friend's birthday. She left her kids and husband at home to come out. To my surprise she has never eaten at the CH. They placed us at a Waterview window table. A great view. The meal was paced appropriately. The appetizers were tasty but expensive- try the oysters on the half shell and spring rolls. The lobster bisque and stuffed shrimp was excellent. Our service was outstanding. Although the chart house is known as a chain restaurant and a little tourist trap we had a wonderful time. Nice crowd. Couples , parties and families all enjoy the place for special occasions. Bar area hopping too. Valet parking is available so no stress about parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for my dateGreatdateDined on 10/10/2014This place was awesome our waiter was very friendly & just the view & atmosphere was great... Can't wait to go back there...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Years Later...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014We dine at the CH approximately 2-4 times per year. And it's fairly normal for us to have a couple-or-three 'requests' for our evening. And time after time after time, ...and after 20 years of making such requests, the CH always comes through! Especially if the evening is a 'special occasion' for you. This is one of the many reasons we return to the CH time after time after time! Thank you, CH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dishDined on 10/10/2014We had a great dinner. The food was excellent and the service was great!!!!!!! We had a great veiw of the river and had the added pleasure of the Tall Ship Parade.Special Features:
- what a veiw!longscottDined on 10/10/2014Having my birthday dinner in Philadelphia, I chose The Chart House because I have eaten at other Chart Houses around country. The place needed some small updating,rugs, darkness. Food was peffect lyrics done. My wife had the snapper which the waitress Jen, patiently convinced her to try. My wife loved it.I boring had the prime rib which was cooked exactly like I asked. Perfect. The veiw had tall ships going by which was outstanding! Make sure you ask for window upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food favoritemommajeanneDined on 10/9/2014It's a lovely place to enjoy a great meal or celebrate a special occasion. We will definitely go there again an again.Special Features:
- Fuzzy visits PhillyFuzzmanDined on 10/9/2014Everything was perfect except for the chatty waitress God I hate thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View Great Food Great ServiceMartySVIPDined on 10/5/2014I have been at the Chart House many times this time our server Tai, was the best server and the food was great all four of us loved our view food and service. Thanks to Ryan and Chris for the special desert for my Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAluvDined on 10/4/2014I would recommend this restaurant for anyone who is looking for great food, great atmosphere, great scenery,and a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Time!Foodisgr8Dined on 10/4/2014My daughter requested The Chart House for her 11th birthday and she was not disappointed. Our server, Quatice, was very personable and energetic. The food was amazing and the view outstanding. Thank you for helping make her birthday an amazing one!Special Features:
- AdjustmentslightynoiseDined on 10/4/2014The only things that were not good was the level of lighting & the seating arrangements.....party of 2 compared to a party of 5 or 6 bigger tables were close to small tables and they should be seperated moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthday partyStanDined on 10/4/2014We had a family birthday party for our daughter who was turning 40. We had 6 adults and 3 kids. Table location and view was very nice. Service was excellent, menu was good for everyone. Made for a very nice evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was very good but it took so long to come out I lost my appetite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will recommendTraceDined on 10/2/2014Choosing Chart House Restaurant for my husbands birthday was an excellent choice.Many thanks to our server Joe! The romantic setting and our fabulous dinner made our evening perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014Menu was imaginative and my fish was fresh; however, Wine glass was not clean. Carpets need to be deep cleaned or better yet, replaced. Hostesss and server were friendlySpecial Features:
- Date brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I went on a brunch date and had a wonderful experience. I expect excellent food at The Chart House, but our waitress made our experience memorable. She is a lovely young woman who moved to our country only a few months ago. She was helpful regarding the menu, but not pushy. We discussed several things and I hope the next come we go back to have her again. Great time!Special Features:
- Nice Location OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The location of the resteraunt is very nice with all tables having good water views. The food was OK my wife had Short Ribs and I had the Dynamite Barramundi(Australian Sea Bass). The food was decent but in no way would I recommend anyone to go out of their way to eat at this resteraunt. The service was excellent!!
- JBCarDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent waitress who enhanced the dining experience.Special Features:
- Very disappointedpsychlanceVIPDined on 9/27/2014I dine at many of the chart house locations. This was my first visit to the Philly location. I truly loved the view, but the food was awful. I was shocked. I drove an hour to eat there. Definitely not worth the trip. If management really cares about me as a customer,,,, feel free to call me at 732-740-7254 Thankyou Lance HalpernSpecial Features:
- AmazingPaulCim32Dined on 9/27/2014Had an outstanding 1 year dinner with my girlfriend. Couldn't have been more perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndJ7ofusDined on 9/27/2014We had tickets to a show down the street. Our waiter was aware that I had written this on Open Table and was very accommodating. We only ordered finger food but they were awesome portions and delicious. The four of us had an awesome night thanks to our waiter Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphere, impressive menubonnefilleDined on 9/26/2014Probably the best view / most romantic spot I've dined in Philadelphia. It is right on the water, and the view is so beautiful. We had a table right by the window. Not sure if there's outside seating, butif there is, I'm sure it's phenomenal. We arrived 20 mins early to our reservation on a Friday night & the hosts still sat us gladly. Everything on the menu looked AMAZING, was very hard for me to choose. Only 2 improvements/notes I want to say is there is a VERY limited beer list, (Heneikin, Sam Adams, Miller, bleghh, etc.), my server mentioned they were much more of a wine & specialty drink kind of place. The other thing, I ordered the lobster tail as entree, and, while delicious, I felt it was tough. Our server (Ashley) was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood, on the riverMarkKVIPDined on 9/24/2014Located overlooking the river (literally), every table has a view. I had the chopped salad, then the Sea Bass, which came with sautéed green beans. Everything was delicious. Our waiter was initially attentive and well-trained, but then service slowed down. I was finished with my salad before my friend's tuna appetizer was delivered (he did not order a salad). That left both of us eating while the other waited. He enjoyed dessert without a word, so it must have been good too. There's easy, free valet parking, which is a plus since you're right on the riverfront.Special Features:
- Was as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014I have always heard good things about The Chart House, but was skeptical because it was a chain restaurant. It was fantastic. I have no complaints and recommend to anyone. Be sure to ask for a table by the window!Special Features:
- Very good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014I would have preferred to be seated upstairs. Our table was not ready (the restaurant was empty) and I felt like we were put in a corner. Our waitress is a total asset to your restaurant. She was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cele4momDined on 9/20/2014My first time experience was good but could have been better. I was not satisfied with the presentation nor the taste of salads. They were brown in it's appearance and tasted very bitter; even the cores of the lettuce was in two of the salads. I would have complained but because the event was for a birthday celebration for my mother and 2 of my guest are diabetic and needed to eat immediate I keep my dislikes on a hush scale. I also did not appreciate the extended wait time the hostesses seemed more attentive towards larger parties with reservations. I did not see nor did any manager visit our table to see how things were going.Special Features:
- Dave's ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The Chart House has the same excellent food and service 20 years later. our waitress was enthusiastic while providing excellent service. our filets were cooked precisely to taste and the lava cake was outrageous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great time and perfect view of the water surrounding the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationmommajeanneDined on 9/19/2014Other than the hosts, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We waited for a table by a window so sat in the bar for a short time. We were called to our table before we finished our drinks so the waitress carried our drinks upstairs to our table. Service deluxe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GoodolnormDined on 9/18/2014Great menu. Great service. Which is what we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateChillMoody1Dined on 9/15/2014My girlfriend and I truly enjoyed our date. It was an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in a long timePhillMostDined on 9/14/2014This was one of the best dining out experiences I've had in a while. Atmosphere was very classy yet still comfortable (and the waterfront view was great). Service was excellent and the food was SUPERB. I can't get it out of mind! Wish I could eat at the Chart House every day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very great experienceSeafoodluverDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend and i really enjoyed our experience here at chart House. Very romantic and relaxed setting. Not to mention the food and service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnercap10mcDined on 9/13/2014The Chart House always makes special occasions special with a personalized menu to start, Our waiter Todd made us feel especially welcome during the whole emalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!cindyferraroDined on 9/13/2014We were there for a birthday celebration for my dear friend and we both thouroughly enjoyed everything! i cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.