Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
405 Riverboat Row
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: (859) 261-0300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Reid McAllister
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private area is available accommodating up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Robinson 8592610300x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
Located right on the Ohio River, Chart House offers magnificent views of the water & the Cincinnati skyline. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 28 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati) - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati) reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)special occasion (96)romantic (89)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Hidden GemTheSicklyChildDined on 11/9/2014It's tucked away on the Riverfront but the view, food and service make this our favorite 'special occasion' restaurant. The casual dining at the bar is also a fun alternative. And, it's a place that knows how to make a classic gin martini, not with vodka, or olive juice but gin and vermouth. Sunday nights are a surprisingly good time to enjoy the ambiance without a crowd and a great way to end the weekend.Special Features:
- We were impressedCincilawyerDined on 11/8/2014We have been to the Chart House many times, but last Saturday's was a cut above in both food and service. The view is always great, but our food was really excellent and the service went beyond good. Our waitress actually retrieved our valet ticket from the coat room and had our car waiting for us so we didn't risk being late for the theatre. We all agreed it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, river viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We brought friends from out of town here for a special treat. A wide variety of dishes, especially seafood. Everything we had was excellent. Service was efficient, courteous without intruding into our conversation or dining experience. Floor to ceiling windows give almost every table a good view of the river. All in all, a perfect evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great food and great service. Awesome view and always great place to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect place to celebrate!LuckyInKentuckyDined on 11/1/2014I came here with my boyfriend for a special occasion. We loved the food and wine. We ordered Calamari and Friends for an appetizer--delicious. And we chose the Parmesan-crusted snapper and bleu cheese filet for our entrees. We enjoyed our table for two which offered a stunning view of the river and Cincinnati...even at night. Waiter was fine, not spectacular, but fine. The onsite manager was wonderful--very attentive with a clear understanding of how to deliver remarkable customer service. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningBillcanadyDined on 10/31/2014Went on Halloween for dinner. It was the perfect time to go. We sat by the window and had a terrific view. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014I would not recommend Chart House to anyone, there are a lot better restaurants out there in that price range.Special Features:
- johnnygVIPDined on 10/27/2014Excellent in all aspects. Mgr. Chris went out of his way to make everything perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular late autum al frescoRobertVIPDined on 10/26/2014Dined on the deck overlooking the Ohio River and Cincinnati as the day faded into night. Spectacular views. Great food! I had Prime rib, ask for it as rare as possible and it was the best I have had. My wife had Salmon which was "lacquered" with a delicate orange sauce that enhanced without trying to be the star. Friends had teriyaki beef and mahi-mahi, again delightful choices. Service was attentive without being intrusive, the time sped by as we enjoyed the food and the views and the company. This was our second visit. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Special DiningBrianDined on 10/25/2014This time around our dining experience was above our expectations with our food being prepared to our desired level and our service way beyond our expectations. Noah was exceptional at every turn and was a true gentleman. We would recommend him to anyone who desires to be treated like royalty. The last 3 times we came to this restaurant we had mediocre food or they ran out of the simplest of items, like shrimp cocktail. This experience was much better. We will return and we will request Noah!Special Features:
- great atmosphere with good foodcincykidDined on 10/23/2014Ask for kristen really great server her section usually has the best viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerCiscoDined on 10/22/2014Almost perfect. i have two (2) suggestions for improvements: adoption of which would make for perfection. 1) entree portion could be a little larger 2) I could not park in the restaurant lot as valet parking was required. I don't like others driving my car. Even though handicapped spots were available- i had to park across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatenjoyagoodmealDined on 10/20/2014The chart house location is its best feature. the views of the Ohio River and Cincinnatti are great, not so much for the food. My meal wasnr bad, it was just ok, nothing special. The wine list was very overpriced for the finer selections such as Cakebread Cellars. Service was slow, considering the place was 20% occupied, we had slow service, waited for drink orders etc. I would not return, better places in Covington to visitSpecial Features:
- Nice Saturday night outSaturday9694VIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful night out. We were seated upon arrival as per the reservation. Meal was wonderful, food was great, service outstanding. Our waitress was very good, there when we needed her. View is outstanding & worth the extra cost of the meal. Will be back.Special Features:
- waited foreverKrisDined on 10/18/2014It stared with a great app then the soup also very good, but after that it took 1hour and 15 mins to get out main meal. Our waitress was wonderful she kept up on us to make sure we were okay, and she was kept bugging the kitchen to were our food was ( we us happen to be seated right across from the chefs), finally she ask the manager to step in, he talked with us and talked to the chefs, still no food. When our dinner did come my salmon's edges were so hard I could only eat the middle of the fish. Once again our waitress and manager did their best to help and they were very nice and showed us they were working on the problem, I just wished the food was as good.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceCincyfoodieDined on 10/12/2014We dined at the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary, and it did not disappoint. The food and service were both outstanding. Maria, our server, made the experience even more wonderful with her knowledge of the food. My husband and I both had seafood ( scallops and cod). The scallops were beautifully prepared. The savory flavor remained in your mouth. Delightful! My husband cleaned his plate, so I guess that was a testimony. We ended with the signature Mud Pie. This is a beautiful restaurant that should be at the top of your dining list when you want a romantic evening, or just a great meal.Special Features:
- LynnELynnDined on 10/11/2014I booked the Chart House for a 50th birthday celebration. The staff was wonderful and the food was excellent. We had 12 people in our group and all of us had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Always a go to...NOCARROTSPLEAEDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere is always pleasant, You sit on the KY side of the Ohio River...looking across to Mt. Adams, so the view is pretty much always good. We've tried much of the menu and it is all good. The appetizer portions are generous and the key lime pie is some of the best I've tasted. romantic setting. I've witnessed two proposals over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningJBGFisherDined on 10/4/2014We couldn't have found a better place to celebrate our retirement. Location, food, service, atmosphere, valet parking, and did I mention service. It was a wonderful evening with family and the Chart House was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention To DetailsDinningDined on 10/3/2014The Chart House in Newport is a excellent place for a special dinner. It's located on the the Ohio river with great views of the city sky line at night. Service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant to celebrate are 33rd Anniversary. It was a very good choice. There is not a seat in the place where the view of the river and city cannot be seen. The food was very good. We both had fish. I had Snapper and she had Salmon, by far the largest fish I have ever been served in any restaurant. The portions are large and as I found out the salad alone almost filled me up. For an appetizer we had the Bruschetta and it was a disappointment. It was mushrooms in a sauce that tasted like canned sauce over burnt Italian bread. I think they should send someone over to Primavista to find out how to make good Bruschetta. Over all the food was very good and the Server was excellent, took a bit long to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMailliwDined on 9/24/2014From Dayton and was looking for a different experience for some seafood. Found the Chart House at Newport and decided to drive down for a birthday dinner. Easy to find and good food. A tad pricey but the food was good and view was stellar on the river. Our server was great and showed us excellent attention even while taking care of a larger party next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good service was notSeasonedSommDined on 9/24/2014I'll just say we wish we had the server in the section section next to us. Our server was inattentive and basically, not present. The food was prepared well, tasted good, and was pretty filling. Don't skip the chocolate volcano dessert! Spoke to the manager, he handled the situation very professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night4twoDined on 9/20/2014Great food and atmosphere! Would recommend Chart House to anyone.Special Features:
- The Chart House in Newport, KY.MikeHDined on 9/20/2014If you like delicious seafood, beautiful ambiance, and gorgeous views the Chart House in Newport, KY across the Ohio river from Cincinnati, Ohio will suit you to a T. The evening entree's run from about $25.00 to the low $40.00's so you will not be taking your kids normally for dinner but it makes a great place for a special occasion such as my birthday present from my wife (we both love the Chart House in Annapolis and since Cincinnati was closer to our Cleveland home we choose that). I had the Salmon Rockefeller which was cooked to perfection along with the spinach, bacon, and crab that covered it. Delicious! The crab bisque soup was thick and flavorful with plenty of lump crab in it. The Shrimp Beignets were he best part of dinner.Special Features:
- MikesreviewDined on 9/20/2014House chop salad had way to much onion / ouzo instead of rice ??? Cost cutting move ??Special Features:
- Watch out if gluten free needdiningcincinnatiDined on 9/14/2014One diner had severe reaction to food that was on the gluten free menu - but turned out not to be gluten free. Be careful.
- Great FindSirLuv4FoodDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a must for seafood lovers. Food was wonderful and the presentation perfect. Nicely laid out with a wonderful view of the Ohio River. We were fortunate to see the sun set which made the evening come to a romantic close. Desserts looked good but did not take part for I was full of great seafood and drink. Look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backJJL376Dined on 9/13/2014Very disapointed with food ordered. Over priced for what we ordered. Ordered Shrimp Fresca. 6 over breaded shrimp on angel hair pasta for around $26. Must say service was outstanding, very clean and lovely view of river and Cincinnati. But still won't be back.
- food is funfoodisfunVIPDined on 9/8/2014We enjoyed the outdoor, casual dining on a week night with family. The view is beautiful and the server was very attentive but not obtrusive. The food was delicious. It was a nice way to unwind after an especially difficult day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014great evening....excellent service....wlll do agaim!Special Features:
- flh60OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Always an outstanding dining experience. 5th time for dinner very pleased.Special Features:
- Not bad....kyhoosier29Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I both had 8 oz filets for dinner, and although not cooked exactly the way we would have liked, they were still very good. The calimari and bread was delicious, as was the mashed potatoes that came with the steaks. A top end restaurant that has somewhat reasonable prices compared to some other steak houses. I would certainly go back, but I don't think it was the best steak or restaurant I've been to.Special Features:
- Excellent from start to finishLuv2dineDined on 9/4/2014My first visit to Chart House was an exceptional event. I chose it for my 21st anniversary dinner, and I was pleased more than expected. It was excellent! My husband and I enjoyed a gorgeous scenic-view table of the river and downtown Cincinnati at sunset while we dined on the most delicious seafood (my compliments to the chef!). From appetizer to dessert (best mud pie ever), we were extremely pleased. Our waitress, Kristin, was so wonderfully pleasant, professional, and attentive; we will be asking for her at future dining events, as she is top-notch. The atmosphere was inviting, the temperature was just right, and even while dining amongst others, we felt somewhat secluded. This place is perfect all around.Special Features:
- Disappointing mealDinnerandAShowVIPDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I are members of the Landry club & came to the Chart House to celebrate our anniversary. My husband ordered the prime rib and I ordered the salmon. His steak was overcooked and extremely fatty. I know that prime rib is a fatty cut, but he has had better steaks at Outback Steakhouse. My salmon was tasty, until I found a long black hair in it halfway through the meal and lost my appetite. The waiter was very attentive, but couldn't make up for the entrees. We'll stick with the other Landry restaurants next time.Special Features:
- Chart House - Newport, KyDM41017Dined on 8/30/2014Have been there several times now and never a disappointment. Food is excellent, service is just as great and nice views to go along with it all. Highly recommended. Try the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCiscoDined on 8/28/2014Prime rib is indeed very good. Atmosphere excellent. Service staff and management are outstanding. this was our first time at the Chart House, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant night outSueNew1Dined on 8/27/2014We went to Chart House for our 20th wedding anniversary and enjoyed it very much. We were there early and was able to get a window seat to sit and watch the river and enjoy a quiet dinner out with no kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningcincyfoodieDined on 8/19/2014Service(thanks Marie!) was fantastic View was phenomenal & food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningNancyDined on 8/16/2014Our dinner was perfect from start to finish. Our server was very helpful and attentive without being intrusive. Food delicious and prepared as ordered.Special Features: