Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
405 Riverboat Row
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8592610300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Reid McAllister
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private area is available accommodating up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Robinson 8592610300x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
Located right on the Ohio River, Chart House offers magnificent views of the water & the Cincinnati skyline. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati) - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati) reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (139)special occasion (128)romantic (99)great for outdoor dining (50)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (14)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Wonderful eveningNancyDined on 8/16/2014Our dinner was perfect from start to finish. Our server was very helpful and attentive without being intrusive. Food delicious and prepared as ordered.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor EatingDesignerdebDined on 8/15/2014we were surprised to find dining outside as we wanted to be placed by the window inside. It was a beautiful night and had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We love your restaurant. However, the service on this night was poor at best. We believe the server must have been new and was not trained properly for the level of your restaurant. We were very disappointed.
- great but EXPENSIVEShirlDined on 8/14/2014I thought everything about the Chart House was great except the prices. It is definitely a special occasion destination.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014This was an amazing place with wonderful food. The lava cake was amazing and so was everything my boyfriend and I had. Service was great. I would gladly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestshaestormDined on 8/8/2014From their salads to appetizers to entrees, everything is more than perfect. I've been going to the chart house since I was a child. There has been some minor changes but still the same great view and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must in CinciPatMcDined on 8/6/2014Whenever I visit Cincinnati I take someone to the Charthouse. The food is always great, the service too. The managers always check on you and make you feel welcome. They have hospitality nailed with a great view, yearround.Special Features:
- Business DinnerindiavisitorsDined on 8/4/2014The perfect spot for out of town business guests. All four meals were perfect. Okay beer selection, good wine selection. All positive.Special Features:
- vmh3800Dined on 8/2/2014We love Chart House for special celebration dinners or just a dinner out without children. It's where my husband and I go to share a bottle of wine and have a terrific seafood dinner. The menu has variety and changes periodically. The clam chowder is always a favorite, and their seasonal selections never disappoint.Special Features:
- Mediocre serviceFrequentdinerDined on 8/2/2014Server told use twice within space of 2 minutes that he would provide "excellent service," (forgetting he had already told us). Service was inattentive; forgot to bring bread; left us sitting with menus for 15 minutes. In the past, service has been excellent - may be an off night, although this serve didn't seem up to par. hope this isn't the new normal. Food, however, as usual, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard sell on member cardLwerVIPDined on 8/1/2014As we were paying bill , waiter asked if we were frequent diners with member number. He tried to look up our phone number and said we weren't. Suggested we join. I said fine. He gave me a card to fill out and then proceeded to charge my credit card $25 extra. I will get my $25 back next time I come. I found this a terrible way to get new frequent diners. This is a poor policy. I would like restaurant to call me and credit my credit card for the $25.Special Features:
- A gorgeous viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We had an amazing experience at the Chart House! The hostess was welcoming, we had a beautiful window seat with a view of the Cinci skyline and Ohio river. The food was absolutely delicious! The menu prices range from 15-35.99 but was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top-Notch!IslaymaltmanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Chart House is an under appreciated restaurant in our region. They do so many things right and they have one of the best views in the city. The sea scallops were perfect and the Chicken Romano was excellent. The service was terrific but unobtrusive. Just a really nice, peaceful meal. The complimentary valet is a nice touch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Bread was ver very stale, our meal was almost $200 and to have stale bread is unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- ImpressiveBringItOn777Dined on 7/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary on a Tuesday evening at Chart House. The visit was our first and definitely not our last. I was impressed with the quality of the food, the view, the atmosphere, the service - the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryDined on 7/20/2014One of the BEST dinning experiences ever, location ,view, server, and the food was perfect. The Menu with our names and 41st anniversary at the top was a nice unexpected touch. We loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GGroDined on 7/20/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner with my daughter. Would go back again. The food and the ambience were perfect, albeit a little pricey. Especially enjoyed the lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cin2dayDined on 7/19/2014Everything was great! The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and the view was very nice. We will return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Saturday nightTwyceDined on 7/19/2014Great place, view is awesome. The food is good but just don't think it's worth what they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This is my third and final visit to a chart house. I used to come to these restaurants with my parents when we traveled, back in the early to mid 90's and everything was great. I've since tried taking my wife to three different locations starting around 2003 to now (2014) and all three visits have been disappointing. Friday nights visit yielded over cooked, rubbery fish and they were out of their signature mud pie dessert. The staff was very friendly however, and offered to replace the fish but I just don't have patience for failure at a restaurant that demands a top dollar price for their food, and especially when it's a slow night with a mostly empty restaurant. So long chart house. I miss the better years.Special Features:
- KittDined on 7/18/2014great appetizers, best salad bar around, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyment at the tableEnjoymentatthetable1Dined on 7/12/2014All was great excerpt husbands dinner wasn't hit when served. Tasted great just not hot. Told mgr when he stopped by and he said he was sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not so great service.RuruODined on 7/11/2014The waiter took our appetizer and drink order and was told we needed just 2 minutes to finalize our entree order. After 25 minutes of waiting for the waiter to return, I went to look for him or a manager. The manager sent the waiter to complete our order and apologized several times. It took another 20 minutes to get our food. Nothing was deducted from the bill for our absurd wait time, no complimentary dessert or any attempt to make up for the bad service. After we were finished, the valet brought our car, opening the driver's door and leaving the rest of our party just standing there. The food was very good, but I wouldn't return due to the service and the way it was dismissed by the manager. Food alone is not worth the money.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewLeesaVIPDined on 7/10/2014While visiting the city we found the Chart House and loved it. They view was fantastic, our waiter was great. It was very late and it was not full at all. But our meal from Apps to dessert was fantastic. I had the scallops and my husband had the filet mignon.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I dined with two of my friends on a Thursday night and it was a very enjoyable evening. Our server was wonderful...attentive, knowledgable and pleasant. The food was delicious, presentation was good and was appropriately priced. I will be back!Special Features:
- cincybillDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I arrived at the restuarant were the valet service parked our car. We went inside and were greeted by the very friendly hostest who promptly asked if we would like to sit inside or out. (we chose outside), The view was perfect, overlooking the river and the skyline as the sun set made our evening perfect. The service was excellent and the food is some of the best in town.Special Features:
- dining on thr riverNotsogoodDined on 7/5/2014sun was a problem but it finally went away, great night on the river. great food and pretty good service. the evening ended with fireworks over Cincinnati which was an added bonus. glorious night for outside dining.Special Features:
- Saturday evening - DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, excellent service. Celebrated an anniversary and a special menu was printed acknowledging the event. My guests from Denver found it to be very special. Thank you, Chart House!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I took my girlfriend to chart house for our one month and she loved it. It was very romantic, their wine was very good. The food was beyond great. The hospitality was amazing as well. Great place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Bartender was way too busy, he needed more help there. He was doing his best but made wait time too long.
- Great DinnerbobtheeaterDined on 7/2/2014It was great...everything was great. Food was outstanding and the service was outstanding. Nothing more to say. Eat here.Special Features:
- on the ohio rivernotafoodieDined on 7/2/2014We had a fantastic meal here on July 2, 2014. We had reservations and arrived early. They seated us with no problem. Everyone from the valer, hostess, water server, waitress, manager....everyone was extremely nice and helpful. I had the chicken romano which I have had other places. This one was fabulous. My husband had the shrimp with pasta. His was very good with huge shrimps. We also had dessert and the salad bar. The salad bar was extensive including caviar. We would highly recommend this for the food. Oh yeah...it has a great view of the hillside banks of Cincinnati on the Ohio River. We went originally for the view not knowing what to expect with the food! Beautiful experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Our dinners were tasty but served pretty cold. We were catching a show afterwards so didn't have time to send back to warm up. We ordered coffee and tea; never got the teabag to put in the hot water, and never received sugar/creamer to use with the coffee. Pretty disappointed.Special Features:
- anniversary's best dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were there at the Chart House celebrating our 22nd anniversary with friends and they were really impressed also. Our whole experience was very valuable to us! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Happy SurpriseGoodPhilDined on 6/24/2014We started out with reservations at Binions at the casino but two of our party was under 21 and not allowed in. I decided last minute to check the Chart House having never been and Wow!!!! What a pleasant surprise. I Highly recommend this restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience.....AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2014This is the third time we have dined at The Chart House. Each time our service and food have been impeccable. The Ahi Tuna entree is spectacular! The restaurant knew it was my son's birthday and customized his menu to wish him a happy birthday. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- mood settingPapPapScottDined on 6/21/2014Patio dining during sunset set the mood for later. Food was presented great and proportioned well (plenty to share with date)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerCherylVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is one of our favorite places to dine, we took our visiting family this time, and we had an absolute wonderful dining experience, I would absolutely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousandycool22Dined on 6/21/2014the food here is always excellent as well as the service. great views of the ohio river and the cincinnati skyline.Special Features:
- great dinner outsideBridgetDined on 6/17/2014My boyfriend and I had a lovely dinner at Chart House. We sat outside and had the whole deck to ourselves. Right along the river, Chart House has a great view. We were able to watch boats and got to see beavers swim by as well. Amazing service and the food was great, overall. The chopped salad wasn't outstanding though - the lettuce was shredded to smithereens and kind of wet. And there wasn't much else on the salad. Other than that, entrees and dessert were great. Good choice if you love seafood!Special Features: