Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
405 Riverboat Row
Newport, KY 41071Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 8592610300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Reid McAllister
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private area is available accommodating up to 70 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Robinson 8592610300x
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati)
Located right on the Ohio River, Chart House offers magnificent views of the water & the Cincinnati skyline. Combine the extraordinary setting with outstanding cuisine & it’s not hard to see why the restaurant is a longtime favorite. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From fresh seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi or slow roasted Prime Rib. We also offer a daily selection of fresh fish, an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati) - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Chart House Restaurant - Newport (Cincinnati) reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (122)special occasion (110)romantic (88)great for outdoor dining (47)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (30)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014House chop salad had way to much onion / ouzo instead of rice ??? Cost cutting move ??Special Features:
- Watch out if gluten free needdiningcincinnatiDined on 9/14/2014One diner had severe reaction to food that was on the gluten free menu - but turned out not to be gluten free. Be careful.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a must for seafood lovers. Food was wonderful and the presentation perfect. Nicely laid out with a wonderful view of the Ohio River. We were fortunate to see the sun set which made the evening come to a romantic close. Desserts looked good but did not take part for I was full of great seafood and drink. Look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backJJL376Dined on 9/13/2014Very disapointed with food ordered. Over priced for what we ordered. Ordered Shrimp Fresca. 6 over breaded shrimp on angel hair pasta for around $26. Must say service was outstanding, very clean and lovely view of river and Cincinnati. But still won't be back.
- food is funfoodisfunVIPDined on 9/8/2014We enjoyed the outdoor, casual dining on a week night with family. The view is beautiful and the server was very attentive but not obtrusive. The food was delicious. It was a nice way to unwind after an especially difficult day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014great evening....excellent service....wlll do agaim!Special Features:
- flh60OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Always an outstanding dining experience. 5th time for dinner very pleased.Special Features:
- Not bad....kyhoosier29Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I both had 8 oz filets for dinner, and although not cooked exactly the way we would have liked, they were still very good. The calimari and bread was delicious, as was the mashed potatoes that came with the steaks. A top end restaurant that has somewhat reasonable prices compared to some other steak houses. I would certainly go back, but I don't think it was the best steak or restaurant I've been to.Special Features:
- Excellent from start to finishLuv2dineDined on 9/4/2014My first visit to Chart House was an exceptional event. I chose it for my 21st anniversary dinner, and I was pleased more than expected. It was excellent! My husband and I enjoyed a gorgeous scenic-view table of the river and downtown Cincinnati at sunset while we dined on the most delicious seafood (my compliments to the chef!). From appetizer to dessert (best mud pie ever), we were extremely pleased. Our waitress, Kristin, was so wonderfully pleasant, professional, and attentive; we will be asking for her at future dining events, as she is top-notch. The atmosphere was inviting, the temperature was just right, and even while dining amongst others, we felt somewhat secluded. This place is perfect all around.Special Features:
- Disappointing mealDinnerandAShowDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I are members of the Landry club & came to the Chart House to celebrate our anniversary. My husband ordered the prime rib and I ordered the salmon. His steak was overcooked and extremely fatty. I know that prime rib is a fatty cut, but he has had better steaks at Outback Steakhouse. My salmon was tasty, until I found a long black hair in it halfway through the meal and lost my appetite. The waiter was very attentive, but couldn't make up for the entrees. We'll stick with the other Landry restaurants next time.Special Features:
- Chart House - Newport, KyDM41017Dined on 8/30/2014Have been there several times now and never a disappointment. Food is excellent, service is just as great and nice views to go along with it all. Highly recommended. Try the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCiscoDined on 8/28/2014Prime rib is indeed very good. Atmosphere excellent. Service staff and management are outstanding. this was our first time at the Chart House, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant night outSueNew1Dined on 8/27/2014We went to Chart House for our 20th wedding anniversary and enjoyed it very much. We were there early and was able to get a window seat to sit and watch the river and enjoy a quiet dinner out with no kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningcincyfoodieDined on 8/19/2014Service(thanks Marie!) was fantastic View was phenomenal & food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningNancyDined on 8/16/2014Our dinner was perfect from start to finish. Our server was very helpful and attentive without being intrusive. Food delicious and prepared as ordered.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor EatingDesignerdebDined on 8/15/2014we were surprised to find dining outside as we wanted to be placed by the window inside. It was a beautiful night and had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We love your restaurant. However, the service on this night was poor at best. We believe the server must have been new and was not trained properly for the level of your restaurant. We were very disappointed.
- great but EXPENSIVEShirlDined on 8/14/2014I thought everything about the Chart House was great except the prices. It is definitely a special occasion destination.Special Features:
- ReviewRBETTHDined on 8/14/2014This was an amazing place with wonderful food. The lava cake was amazing and so was everything my boyfriend and I had. Service was great. I would gladly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestshaestormDined on 8/8/2014From their salads to appetizers to entrees, everything is more than perfect. I've been going to the chart house since I was a child. There has been some minor changes but still the same great view and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ambiance not so muchMusix40VIPDined on 8/7/2014The Chart House has very delicious food and a great view of the city and the river here in Cincinnati. The service was excellent. However, at the prices they are charging, the noise level was off the charts. I often found myself straining to hear my friends speaking and it kind of took the experience down a notch. I am not sure how to remedy this - but try.Special Features:
- A Must in CinciPatMcDined on 8/6/2014Whenever I visit Cincinnati I take someone to the Charthouse. The food is always great, the service too. The managers always check on you and make you feel welcome. They have hospitality nailed with a great view, yearround.Special Features:
- Business DinnerindiavisitorsDined on 8/4/2014The perfect spot for out of town business guests. All four meals were perfect. Okay beer selection, good wine selection. All positive.Special Features:
- vmh3800Dined on 8/2/2014We love Chart House for special celebration dinners or just a dinner out without children. It's where my husband and I go to share a bottle of wine and have a terrific seafood dinner. The menu has variety and changes periodically. The clam chowder is always a favorite, and their seasonal selections never disappoint.Special Features:
- Mediocre serviceFrequentdinerDined on 8/2/2014Server told use twice within space of 2 minutes that he would provide "excellent service," (forgetting he had already told us). Service was inattentive; forgot to bring bread; left us sitting with menus for 15 minutes. In the past, service has been excellent - may be an off night, although this serve didn't seem up to par. hope this isn't the new normal. Food, however, as usual, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard sell on member cardLwerVIPDined on 8/1/2014As we were paying bill , waiter asked if we were frequent diners with member number. He tried to look up our phone number and said we weren't. Suggested we join. I said fine. He gave me a card to fill out and then proceeded to charge my credit card $25 extra. I will get my $25 back next time I come. I found this a terrible way to get new frequent diners. This is a poor policy. I would like restaurant to call me and credit my credit card for the $25.Special Features:
- A gorgeous viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We had an amazing experience at the Chart House! The hostess was welcoming, we had a beautiful window seat with a view of the Cinci skyline and Ohio river. The food was absolutely delicious! The menu prices range from 15-35.99 but was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top-Notch!IslaymaltmanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Chart House is an under appreciated restaurant in our region. They do so many things right and they have one of the best views in the city. The sea scallops were perfect and the Chicken Romano was excellent. The service was terrific but unobtrusive. Just a really nice, peaceful meal. The complimentary valet is a nice touch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Bread was ver very stale, our meal was almost $200 and to have stale bread is unsatisfactory.Special Features:
- ImpressiveBringItOn777Dined on 7/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary on a Tuesday evening at Chart House. The visit was our first and definitely not our last. I was impressed with the quality of the food, the view, the atmosphere, the service - the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryDined on 7/20/2014One of the BEST dinning experiences ever, location ,view, server, and the food was perfect. The Menu with our names and 41st anniversary at the top was a nice unexpected touch. We loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GGroDined on 7/20/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner with my daughter. Would go back again. The food and the ambience were perfect, albeit a little pricey. Especially enjoyed the lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!cin2dayDined on 7/19/2014Everything was great! The service was impeccable, the food was delicious and the view was very nice. We will return to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Saturday nightTwyceDined on 7/19/2014Great place, view is awesome. The food is good but just don't think it's worth what they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- won't be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This is my third and final visit to a chart house. I used to come to these restaurants with my parents when we traveled, back in the early to mid 90's and everything was great. I've since tried taking my wife to three different locations starting around 2003 to now (2014) and all three visits have been disappointing. Friday nights visit yielded over cooked, rubbery fish and they were out of their signature mud pie dessert. The staff was very friendly however, and offered to replace the fish but I just don't have patience for failure at a restaurant that demands a top dollar price for their food, and especially when it's a slow night with a mostly empty restaurant. So long chart house. I miss the better years.Special Features:
- KittDined on 7/18/2014great appetizers, best salad bar around, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyment at the tableEnjoymentatthetable1Dined on 7/12/2014All was great excerpt husbands dinner wasn't hit when served. Tasted great just not hot. Told mgr when he stopped by and he said he was sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not so great service.RuruODined on 7/11/2014The waiter took our appetizer and drink order and was told we needed just 2 minutes to finalize our entree order. After 25 minutes of waiting for the waiter to return, I went to look for him or a manager. The manager sent the waiter to complete our order and apologized several times. It took another 20 minutes to get our food. Nothing was deducted from the bill for our absurd wait time, no complimentary dessert or any attempt to make up for the bad service. After we were finished, the valet brought our car, opening the driver's door and leaving the rest of our party just standing there. The food was very good, but I wouldn't return due to the service and the way it was dismissed by the manager. Food alone is not worth the money.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewLeesaVIPDined on 7/10/2014While visiting the city we found the Chart House and loved it. They view was fantastic, our waiter was great. It was very late and it was not full at all. But our meal from Apps to dessert was fantastic. I had the scallops and my husband had the filet mignon.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I dined with two of my friends on a Thursday night and it was a very enjoyable evening. Our server was wonderful...attentive, knowledgable and pleasant. The food was delicious, presentation was good and was appropriately priced. I will be back!Special Features: